PDA

View Full Version : The Answer to the Riddle ??

Vegaman
04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
It is not in the words of a PJ/FERR riddle where the answers lay, but in what is not said between those lines...

And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they had copied a strategy and exploited it to the maximum.

We were the 'marks' and through progressive conditioning of levels and development we become Addicts... An Addict is defined here......

"Addict. A mark that can't be knocked. He believes so much in the con that he comes back again and again to be taken".

Competitive nature is the key... Get them to aspire to be the number one team, or the number one player and they will keep coming back for more and more and spend more and more..

Do not reinvent the wheel, but instead simply copy a format that has worked in another game.... i.e Crime City..

Set up your employees so that they are players, and are invincible, and they can then form invincible factions, where others will pay to try and beat them... this will go on and on as the wheel goes round and round... Every round the prize will get bigger, the winners will stay the same, but those underneath will spend more and more, more and more as they try to catch those that can never be caught....

"and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us"...

The genius of it, the absolute genius of it and yet the horror of it

Locked into a cycle of addiction spending more and more to chase those that can never be caught,

because they are outside of the game, and yet at the same time ..... give the illusion of being within the game..

....I am an addict, I am locked in, I won't do Cold Turkey not even for 1 War. We all come back for more.. The points get higher, The money goes up, The addiction is pure.

The Genius of it. The Horror of it.

mistergreen
04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Vegaman, you're just figuring this out now? LOL

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-25-2013, 10:57 AM
You are on the right path, grasshopper, but you're a tad off with some assumptions.

I'll place before you a proffer.

You can be assured I am in no way connected with Gree, or any subsidiary of Gree as anything but a customer.

I have purchased my fake gold legitimately, and exchanged real currency for fake gold.

Take note of the past tense.

I won't speak for anyone but myself, and my proffer explains my position.

I am also an attorney, as well as a judge.

I am mulling over other options, should things continue to degenerate.

The rest of your revelation is very much on point, and coincides with my own investigation.

It is not in the words of a PJ/FERR riddle where the answers lay, but in what is not said between those lines...And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they had copied a strategy and exploited it to the maximum. We were the 'marks' and through progressive conditioning of levels and development we become Addicts... An Addict is defined here......"Addict. A mark that can't be knocked. He believes so much in the con that he comes back again and again to be taken".Competitive nature is the key... Get them to aspire to be the number one team, or the number one player and they will keep coming back for more and more and spend more and more..Do not reinvent the wheel, but instead simply copy a format that has worked in another game.... i.e Crime City..Set up your employees so that they are players, and are invincible, and they can then form invincible factions, where others will pay to try and beat them... this will go on and on as the wheel goes round and round... Every round the prize will get bigger, the winners will stay the same, but those underneath will spend more and more, more and more as they try to catch those that can never be caught...."and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us"...The genius of it, the absolute genius of it and yet the horror of itLocked into a cycle of addiction spending more and more to chase those that can never be caught, because they are outside of the game, and yet at the same time ..... give the illusion of being within the game......I am an addict, I am locked in, I won't do Cold Turkey not even for 1 War. We all come back for more.. The points get higher, The money goes up, The addiction is pure. The Genius of it. The Horror of it.

andypandy2
04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle.

Jhenry02
04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Use your knowledge for your survival and prosperity.

Ferr
04-25-2013, 01:26 PM
You are on the right path, grasshopper, but you're a tad off with some assumptions.

I'll place before you a proffer.

You can be assured I am in no way connected with Gree, or any subsidiary of Gree as anything but a customer.

I have purchased my fake gold legitimately, and exchanged real currency for fake gold.

Take note of the past tense.

I won't speak for anyone but myself, and my proffer explains my position.

I am also an attorney, as well as a judge.

I am mulling over other options, should things continue to degenerate.

The rest of your revelation is very much on point, and coincides with my own investigation.

Now PJ, Let me do a revelation as well. You can be assured I am in no way connected with Gree, or any subsidiary of Gree as anything but a customer. I have purchased and still purchase my fake gold legitimately, and exchanged and still exchange real currency for fake gold. Take note of both the the past tense and the present tense.

I won't speak for anyone but for myself, although i dare to say that the above applies to all, of my faction.

Finally, you PJ and I, we share the same profession, although i am not a judge.

So PJ, enlighten me, or better enlighten the forum with the results of your investigation which results, as you say, so coincides with the opening statement of this thread.

To help you out PJ, if I am not trying to spiral up spending and you are not doing that either then who is?
Awaiting your reply sir,
Yours,

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I knew all that you proffered, counselor.

I accept your representation.

I didn't want to speak for anyone but myself, however.

The best answer to your query, on this venue, is a question.

Who benefits the most from increased spending?

Hmm...not the players, hmmm, Apple and Google get a cut, but who receives the lion's share?

Yes, they do.

Their name once began with the 6th letter of the English alphabet, but now begins with the 7th.

Yes sir, THEM.

Do we aGREE, my friend?

Shall we open our secure back channel again?

It's never too late to mend fences, make new friends, renew acquaintances, my friend.

Now PJ, Let me do a revelation as well. You can be assured I am in no way connected with Gree, or any subsidiary of Gree as anything but a customer. I have purchased and still purchase my fake gold legitimately, and exchanged and still exchange real currency for fake gold. Take note of both the the past tense and the present tense.I won't speak for anyone but for myself, although i dare to say that the above applies to all, of my faction.Finally, you PJ and I, we share the same profession, although i am not a judge. So PJ, enlighten me, or better enlighten the forum with the results of your investigation which results, as you say, so coincides with the opening statement of this thread.To help you out PJ, if I am not trying to spiral up spending and you are not doing that either then who is? Awaiting your reply sir,Yours,

Saint Anger
04-25-2013, 02:50 PM
So sayeth Colonel Kurtz...

Ferr
04-25-2013, 03:08 PM
PJ, your favourite bird faction has has been taunted and provoked to the bones. Despite all believes and despite all bets to the contrary it has triggered and appealed to the best in our members for which I am thankfull. I can not speak of family bonds but it starts to feel like it. During Ireland PUN may or may not experience their Waterloo but whatever the outcome of this newest wd event, after Ireland i will rethink some essential elements of this game together with my new family ;)

NakedCherryPie
04-25-2013, 03:33 PM
PJ, your favourite bird faction has has been taunted and provoked to the bones. Despite all believes and despite all bets to the contrary it has triggered and appealed to the best in our members for which I am thankfull. I can not speak of family bonds but it starts to feel like it. During Ireland PUN may or may not experience their Waterloo but whatever the outcome of this newest wd event, after Ireland i will rethink some essential elements of this game together with my new family ;)Could you not say you bring it upon yourself? What we have known for months boiled into a complete penguin feeding frenzy.

"Make PUN spend gold so they have less for the next event"

I must say I took personal offense to this strategy. Not only for my very own reasons, but for the members of YOUR faction that were approaching me about their leader taking more money from their very own pocket. So, before people start to feel sorry for the "self-proclaimed" Modern War Martyr, look in the mirror, something that people have tried telling myself to do lately. Well, I look in the mirror everyday, and I love what I see. I'll always speak my mind, even to those I admire. Yes, I admire you, Ferr, along with many of the other players in this game, whether they are teammates or not.

I approached this afternoon ready announce I have spent my last dollar on this game, I still consider this stance. But, somebody(this guy) had a very generous offer this week, and may just decide that it really is worth it in the end, to just lay it out there baby, to go all-in. So, all my chips are encased in my hands. Do I go all-in? Or, do I fold and live to see another day? I will tell you one thing though, I will come out on top either way.

BADMARKX
04-25-2013, 04:26 PM
PJ, your favourite bird faction has has been taunted and provoked to the bones.
When did u get back Ferr?

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Now PJ, Let me do a revelation as well. You can be assured I am in no way connected with Gree, or any subsidiary of Gree as anything but a customer. I have purchased and still purchase my fake gold legitimately, and exchanged and still exchange real currency for fake gold. Take note of both the the past tense and the present tense.

I won't speak for anyone but for myself, although i dare to say that the above applies to all, of my faction.

Finally, you PJ and I, we share the same profession, although i am not a judge.

So PJ, enlighten me, or better enlighten the forum with the results of your investigation which results, as you say, so coincides with the opening statement of this thread.

To help you out PJ, if I am not trying to spiral up spending and you are not doing that either then who is?
Awaiting your reply sir,
Yours,

Ferry, I'm sure your beloved mother, said to you on more that one occasion, "Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will never hurt you."

Ferry, my friend, (yes, I've always considered you a friend); names and taunts have been tossed about more than a killer whale tosses about its favorite food.

Now, that ain't no pirate doing that to that foolish, flightless bird, Ferry.

And, many an invective, crude taunt, or unsavory term has been bandied about by one of those you now call, "family".

I subscribe to the philosophy that "words" aren't "sticks or stones"; and my ego is bog enough to ignore silly taunts.

I take these shenanigans to be what they are, nothing.

This is a silly game, sir.

In the end, it means nothing.

Waterloo was a real battle, and epic battle; lives were lost, fortunes, too.

Neither one of us is Emperor Napoleon, nor The Duke of Wellington.

And, what we are engaged in doesn't take place in the lovely country of Belgium.

That said, second place, third place, or even tenth place would be quite acceptable to me.

Now, my teammates, for the most part desire first place.

They are friends, not family; and I don't charge any of them a Guilder, Euro, Dollar, or Pound.

Conversely, neither do any of them charge me, and yes one of our members bears a repeating expense alone.

He chooses to offer a benefit for all of the team to use, and seeks no recompense for doing so.

If you're amenable to convening a convention, I'll eagerly lay out an idea that would benefit every player in this game.

In fact, collaborative activities are already underway.

We would welcome you and your Emperors to join us, as we forge a different; yet exciting path for Modern War in the coming months.

All we ask is what you have ably demonstrated yourself capable of in our past interactions: reasonableness, compromise, civility, gentility, and trust.

My compatriots and I have never deceived you, lied to you, nor failed to do exactly as promised, good or bad.

As far as this forum nonsense, that's all it is to me.

As far as allegedly winning or losing, Ferry, my friend, I just don't care anymore.

We're moving on towards another game shaking, news making, thundering endeavor.

This weekend is simply the lightening that precedes the thunder.

Either way, lightening is seen, thunder is soon heard.

Then the rain follows, washing away the dirt, grime, and filth of the past.

The sun comes out, the birds sing, and things are clean, fresh, and new again.

You and your "family" have a choice next week.

You are free to remain in the filth of the past, or join a great many of us, as we march towards the clean future.

Either way, I wish you health, wisdom, and love, my friend.

Your once and present pal, I pretend to be insane, I'm quite sound, settled, and normal - PJ

http://ownposters.com/images/j4eang8o1rgw5hhl.jpg

Bart
04-25-2013, 07:02 PM
COOL PICTURE, may i borrow it? :cool:

http://ownposters.com/images/j4eang8o1rgw5hhl.jpg

Cuthbert (B$A)
04-25-2013, 07:04 PM
The megalomania running around these parts would give Freud wet dreams.

Thanks for making attorneys look like pompous douchebags. It's not like we don't have to deal with enough of that already.

TEG
04-25-2013, 07:05 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXGceV4aUkSY25Pf89I_zntj0H_e4az xLBd478wL37R-2BeBwUVw

Ferr
04-26-2013, 07:01 AM
Could you not say you bring it upon yourself? What we have known for months boiled into a complete penguin feeding frenzy.

"Make PUN spend gold so they have less for the next event"

I must say I took personal offense to this strategy. Not only for my very own reasons, but for the members of YOUR faction that were approaching me about their leader taking more money from their very own pocket. So, before people start to feel sorry for the "self-proclaimed" Modern War Martyr, look in the mirror, something that people have tried telling myself to do lately. Well, I look in the mirror everyday, and I love what I see. I'll always speak my mind, even to those I admire. Yes, I admire you, Ferr, along with many of the other players in this game, whether they are teammates or not.

I approached this afternoon ready announce I have spent my last dollar on this game, I still consider this stance. But, somebody(this guy) had a very generous offer this week, and may just decide that it really is worth it in the end, to just lay it out there baby, to go all-in. So, all my chips are encased in my hands. Do I go all-in? Or, do I fold and live to see another day? I will tell you one thing though, I will come out on top either way.

I am not allways quite sure what people mean. It could be my lack of English of course as it is not my mother tongue. Anyways, i urge you not to spend your last money on this game. If that were to happen based on my strategy to bleed others in their spending, i would feel rather bad about that. In our fight against pun I assume that i am battling against well fortuned spenders who do not care about a few thousand dollars/euros per month in useless spending. One can easily say such players are complete idiots and i guess i agree, but just let us be that way. What Worries me is that we may be played by others. If that is the case .......... I would have serious problem....... To be continued after ireland

NakedCherryPie
04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
I am not allways quite sure what people mean. It could be my lack of English of course as it is not my mother tongue. Anyways, i urge you not to spend your last money on this game. If that were to happen based on my strategy to bleed others in their spending, i would feel rather bad about that. In our fight against pun I assume that i am battling against well fortuned spenders who do not care about a few thousand dollars/euros per month in useless spending. One can easily say such players are complete idiots and i guess i agree, but just let us be that way. What Worries me is that we may be played by others. If that is the case .......... I would have serious problem....... To be continued after irelandWe are all being played, in a way that defies all honorable business sense. We all need to sit down and have a serious talk about where we go from here. You run a business, I run a business, lot of us run businesses. Why do we put up with getting treated the way we do when we know what a customer wants to feel? I'm not feeling it lately, haven't felt it for a while. Maybe we should stop being customers, together...

P.S. I'm not on my last dime, I have a long way to go before that would happen.lol

Cheers

amir1974
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
best thread ever , thx PUN and Emperors .
a family United is a happy family .
love you guys
best of luck and keep the warm chit chat :)