PDA

View Full Version : LTQ Event Idea

SuperSonic Chimp
04-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I was thinking, to make LTQ events even more fun, make a faction based LTQ event. This will make teamwork better and more fun. Factions so far only have a three day event where team up, this would be a great place where we can use strategy again. I can think of at least 5 models to where this would work. What do you guys think?

Web323
04-24-2013, 09:50 AM
You could use the same model as now even, which would allow players with not enough energy to do them.

SuperSonic Chimp
04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I was thinking, they could open every map, and players who can do the final maps can can complete the challenge for the group. that would be AWESOME!

Chilli!
04-24-2013, 10:25 AM
I was thinking, they could open every map, and players who can do the final maps can can complete the challenge for the group. that would be AWESOME!

+1 if they could find a way to implement it, it would be pretty awesome :)

Peppers
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
+1 if they could find a way to implement it, it would be pretty awesome :)

Your forum name is almost identical to my IGN :) If anyone asks you if you're Chilli Pepper in game, that would be mer :)

Chilli!
04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Your forum name is almost identical to my IGN :) If anyone asks you if you're Chilli Pepper in game, that would be mer :)

No problem, it's all part of my plan to steal your identity :p

SGT Rud
04-24-2013, 11:21 AM
I like it. It should be a new event map, where everyone in the faction fights on the same map. You have 3 days to complete. 24 characters and buildings on the map to hit. Each character is 300 energy and needs to be hit 20 times. Each character your faction knocks down, gives each faction member a prize. No gold energy replensihment as you are trying to keep this as faction teamwork based.

Thief
04-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I like it. It should be a new event map, where everyone in the faction fights on the same map. You have 3 days to complete. 24 characters and buildings on the map to hit. Each character is 300 energy and needs to be hit 20 times. Each character your faction knocks down, gives each faction member a prize. No gold energy replensihment as you are trying to keep this as faction teamwork based.

Quick math that would be 144,000 Energy Required for 24 Rewards?
In a 50 person faction each person (assuming they had over 1k Energy) wouldn't even need to log in 3 times and drain their energy. For 24 rewards?

I like the idea of not allowing gold for it....but it wouldn't happen.

SGT Rud
04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Quick math that would be 144,000 Energy Required for 24 Rewards?
In a 50 person faction each person (assuming they had over 1k Energy) wouldn't even need to log in 3 times and drain their energy. For 24 rewards?

I like the idea of not allowing gold for it....but it wouldn't happen.

It really wasn't meant to be disected like that. The numbers were just something I spit out there. The main point was how the event could work. Same with the rewards, you could do every other or just one reward over all it doesn't matter. Its just an idea on how the event would work.

SuperSonic Chimp
04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I actually like the use of gold idea. I was thinking it would be something like, there are targets only certain players can hit. Like you need a lvl 3 AAB to do this one specific target, but your group cant move on to the next target until someone has the units to complete it. It spreads the spending of in game cash out since it's scare these days, and allows users to still spend gold on behalf of their team. It's almost like have a gold vault for your team.

There are TONS of maps. Make the event 5 days and have to go through about 60% of the maps with 100% participation, Gree would make a killing, the units would go to EVERYONE in active factions, and PVE becomes fun and useful again. It will actually help with skill point strategy as well. THey should think about it since PVP has become a muck and I've stopped doing it.

SGT Rud
04-24-2013, 12:22 PM
The bad thing here is that if your faction is made of all free players, they would not be able to participate in the event. By not allowing gold use doesn't make it impossible, it just makes it even for all players. I like the theory you have, but it just doesn't apply to everyone. If you are a gold spender in a team, you could possibly spend gold, complete all the missions in the event, and no other players helped you at all. You just carried a bunch of guys through it, and that makes it a little unfair to the rest of us.

Whodi
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
I think a faction based LTQ would be awesome! Would also allow us too see how well some of the newbies to our factions actually participate before the war starts. I would much rather do the LTQ than any other event, even more so if I could do them with my team