PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days...

WI(AusNz)
04-24-2013, 03:24 AM
A few days ago, a high level friend made (what seemed to be) a rash decision and sold up his whole base, something I know he spent a lot of time and gold building. Then a couple of days ago, i was over vaulted for the first time in 3 months (to upgrade the Curragh Engineering) and got smashed for 10million in a matter of a few hours. This got my blood racing and, for a moment, i considered selling the lot...

this got me thinking, I would like to know if anyone has had that instant thought of selling everything and what triggered that brief moment?

A3OT
04-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Won't sale my base...Where was my gold spent and a lot of time finding rich people with cash...

Dutchie
04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
A few days ago, a high level friend made (what seemed to be) a rash decision and sold up his whole base, something I know he spent a lot of time and gold building. Then a couple of days ago, i was over vaulted for the first time in 3 months (to upgrade the Curragh Engineering) and got smashed for 10million in a matter of a few hours. This got my blood racing and, for a moment, i considered selling the lot...

this got me thinking, I would like to know if anyone has had that instant thought of selling everything and what triggered that brief moment?

Sounds like a knee jerk reaction akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water.

So you got robbed of $10m... big deal. There are many things you can do to prevent them from doing it again. Do I really need to list them?

-TANGO-
04-24-2013, 04:11 AM
Sounds like a knee jerk reaction akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water.

So you got robbed of $10m... big deal. There are many things you can do to prevent them from doing it again. Do I really need to list them?

I think he was implying that due to the game change that has occurred in recent months its just not worth it. Fighting a losing battle, swimming upstream, pissing into the wind. You get the idea.

I agree to a point, at this stage it's pretty black and white, either quit or keep up with the Joneses. I must confess I was unhappy at the release of the LE buildings that rendered all others completely obsolete and I have since retired my LLP account so i can concentrated on my main.

Dutchie
04-24-2013, 04:22 AM
I think he was implying that due to the game change that has occurred in recent months its just not worth it. Fighting a losing battle, swimming upstream, pissing into the wind. You get the idea.

I agree to a point, at this stage it's pretty black and white, either quit or keep up with the Joneses. I must confess I was unhappy at the release of the LE buildings that rendered all others completely obsolete and I have since retired my LLP account so i can concentrated on my main.

You are conjecturing as all he mentioned was getting raided for $10m. I do not see it as black and white... there's lots of grey depending on how you play.

-TANGO-
04-24-2013, 04:33 AM
You are conjecturing as all he mentioned was getting raided for $10m. I do not see it as black and white... there's lots of grey depending on how you play.

Given he went to lengths to make you aware it was the first time in months he had been over vault and that he had been hit within a matter of hours of doing so lends weight to my conjecture. Not simply that he had been raided for 10 mill.

I don't personally feel there is any grey, certainly not if you wish to be semi- competitive. My LLP has 150k stats and is in the 90's and hadn't lost a fight for months, within the last two months I have lost battles almost everyday due to non participation in LTQ's and the higher ranking factions.

WI(AusNz)
04-24-2013, 04:47 AM
I could let you guys continue on this argument but i will interject. Before Egypt, I could over vault quite easily as long as I managed the number of allies I have with my strength and level carefully. I did struggle with the rival list changing (smacked by rivals with many more levels and allies as i) but this has been tempered recently (i think).

The thread is more a general question of what us fanatics find we love and hate about the game. I didn't meant to screw into details of rival lists etc.

Dutchie
04-24-2013, 04:57 AM
I could let you guys continue on this argument but i will interject. Before Egypt, I could over vault quite easily as long as I managed the number of allies I have with my strength and level carefully. I did struggle with the rival list changing (smacked by rivals with many more levels and allies as i) but this has been tempered recently (i think).

The thread is more a general question of what us fanatics find we love and hate about the game. I didn't meant to screw into details of rival lists etc.

It wasn't an argument... just a friendly discussion and thank you for letting us know that it was the rival list change rather than getting $10m stolen that nearly made you sell up.

Back to topic... I love to hate the game with its idiosyncrasies but yet, the masochist that I am, I come back for more...

-TANGO-
04-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Yes we side tracked thread there rather,discussing trivial details.

As I mentioned, the introduction of the Anniversary building almost did for me. I had spent countless hours building my IPH, which was at 1.5 mill, with the idea of becoming self sufficient and almost immediately my hard work was undone.
But, alas, I'm still here and further down the rabbit hole than ever before.

TW Turtle55555
04-24-2013, 06:08 AM
I can foresee the hacker issue causing me to do this at some point.

Kimd17
04-24-2013, 06:15 AM
390 408 009. top faction for serious fighters, join if you can donate daily and buy a vault of gold each war to fight. and two mil day donations. first battle we was in top 100' dropped off cause of free loaders. cleaned house and I have 8 spots open for serious players with good stats and who will fight wars. swollenclit faction.

Durt McGurt
04-24-2013, 06:29 AM

+1

a little closer everyday....but I must continue to fight

TW Turtle55555
04-24-2013, 07:47 AM
390 408 009. top faction for serious fighters, join if you can donate daily and buy a vault of gold each war to fight. and two mil day donations. first battle we was in top 100' dropped off cause of free loaders. cleaned house and I have 8 spots open for serious players with good stats and who will fight wars. swollenclit faction.

The fact that this is posted in here is why I would not consider joining this faction. Obvious disregard for the forum rules. And just plain rude to interrupt a discussion to advertise a faction. No thanks faction ### ### 009.

Dutchie
04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
The fact that this is posted in here is why I would not consider joining this faction. Obvious disregard for the forum rules. And just plain rude to interrupt a discussion to advertise a faction. No thanks faction ### ### 009.

The faction name puts me off. Now why would anyone join a faction with a name like that? I dread to think what their faction emblem looks like...

SGT Rud
04-24-2013, 08:20 AM
I would not sell all my buildings. Just to build the Currough building, I sold a market place, just to make room, but it was lower leveled than the other. I see guys all the time with no buildings on their base, and no money in their vault. Getting money stolen from us is just part of the game. PJ said it once on here not to go over vault cause of guys like me. If you are paying out more than my IPH, I'll take it. Lately my IPH is becoming self-sufficient so I have been attacking for valor, battle points, and to level up. If I am out for money, I tend to raid buildings, its a guarantee that I will get money. Lately I have been going over vault to level up the currough building, and keep getting knocked down, but thats why Gree sells money as well as gold.

As for the faction recruiting, keep it in the faction recruiting threads. You should also try to keep it clean, there are kids that play this game. Top 100, Ha Ha Ha. On the first battle we were in top 25. Then every faction began playing and we dropped down and down. PUN didn't even pop up on my rankings until after we battled 3 times. And as I remember it, we smoked you in points as if you we not even playing. I specifically remember the name. Good job though, you came in place 462.

machette
04-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Don't feel bad buddy it could me robbing you of 90 mill and these days you don't even need a iph with all the cash cows to raid

Bravo Zulu
04-24-2013, 10:33 AM

This was such funny timing! I had a moment last night.

I want to first say thanks for the musing- this is what I am always hoping to find, other game players that just B.S. with each other. I am going to answer you conversational thread- I think others are so used to seeing people complain that they did not read your post as intended. Yes, we fanatics have our moments. I laugh a bit, because it is usually over the dumbest things, too, like getting raided!

Let me be clear, I have never been anything close to a gamer. I don't play video games, or any other app game. And honestly, I deleted MW more than a few times. Factions got me though- and the interaction and my new game fanaticism is both fun and puzzling. Nevertheless, I had one of those throw in the towel moments not too long ago.

It was over the Bush Hunter unit from the first LTE. It is the only unit I have never received. I've always had good luck with customer support if I waited long enough. I sent a ticket, got one of those "this matter is closed" emails saying to email again if time had not fixed it. No luck, still no unit. I was finishing this event, and got an email from Gree last night that literally said sorry about your luck, we will pass this info to the developers. Sorry about my luck? My luck? I was so mad all of the sudden I thought forget it! I'm deleting my stuff and packing it in!! They won't get another dime!

Then I looked at my nice little base and thought about how many units I have. A little over six thousand, not too many, but a little over six thousand times Gree got it right. May the support person had a bad day. Maybe he didn't mean it the way it sounded. Maybe getting passed on to the developers is good. Either way, it is a small unit and a fraction of what I have. I have a good time with the game. I like my little pixel base, and the real fun I have with other little pixel armies.

I once deleted the whole thing (one of those early times I was new to the game) because I accidentally hit the finish now for xx gold. I used all of my gold! I grumbled for a while that Gree put the button there on purpose! Much to my surprise and relief, when I downloaded the app again my game was intact. Lol. Now I'm to worried to delete it in a fit of irrationality!

But I have been right there with you many times. :)

KFH
04-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Had to sell my nano building for the upgrade. thought about it last war, was going to sell my base and give it to my faction. It was a moment of anger from something or another.

TW Turtle55555
04-24-2013, 10:37 AM
+1 nice story Zulu

Thief
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Yea Hackers will be the number 1 reason for me...

Although not getting what is owed to me bothers me (when gree makes a promise and doens't follow through)

The bonus program just makes me want to stop spending money...

Some Random Clown
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I've had three members of my faction sell everything and donate it to the group as they are heading out the door. They were all just burned out with the game. When we were all on our own camping or PvP when we felt like it, life was easier. Now I got schedules to set up, training for Noobs, forum chatter, and the insane tempo of the wars. Gotta play these LTQ in the time alloted as well to get more inflated indestructables as well. Even with all this, I dont think I would sell everything. Probably because I might want to come back and visit a bit. If I was not the leader of the faction, I might have quit already too.

WI(AusNz)
04-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the stories. its the bits that make your blood boil from time to time that are interesting.

When i was saving for the Alexandria villa, i dropped to about 30 allies for 3 days to save. Towards the end, when i had saved around 100+ mil, i got smacked by another player (with about 200 allies) and only slightly higher stats than me. It was obvious he was saving for the AV also as he had around 80mil.

I wrote to this guy and asked for a truce. Said it was obvious that we were both saving for the Alexandria villa and now was not the time to war with similar stat players. I asked him to be allies and lay off each other. Also pointed out that i only needed to gain about 20 allies to smack him right back as i have the superior army (play smart in other words). Right after i sent that message, he attacked again and raided every building - even the useless ones! That made my blood boil as it was obvious I could easily return the favour. What was this guys motive? In fact he had more to loose than i did, since i was so close to achieving the Alexandria building and he still had about a day or two to save.

It was already midnight (and i could not go to bed knowing this guy will keep returning) so I ended up selling up a nano building and half the base of defence buildings to buy the AV, VIP'ed some allies (took about 2 hours), bought some units with some spare valour and went back to my newsfeed to punish this guy. We had a war for about the next 24 hours, both loosing units like nothing else (this is before indestructible were given out in LTE's so it meant more to loose a $500K unit than it does today). At the end, we compromised and allied each other.

At the time, i was angry as hell, but looking back it was one of more exciting times in the game.

vNastIER
04-24-2013, 11:12 PM

didnt read entire thread but I have heard of guys selling it all. mostly cuz they are fed up with the support from gree or funzio or apple or android lol. I come across tons of bases with nothing but a command center :) I hope i never get to that point.

btw....never actually sell your base for money (your account i mean) you will (the new guy) be banned. they allow hackers,,,but If you make money,,,,you will be terminated lol. weird/>?