PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to get ghostly beard hair materials

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Every time i do a run on sunken carrack i only got typhoon gems again and again even on the higher modes of the level its quite bothersome cause i need them to make my armor any ideas that can help

Justice711
04-24-2013, 02:13 AM
just keep trying? something I go to farm snakeskin first.. if I get stone like 2 or 3 in a row then I go try to get the rare materials. It works sometimes.. I am stuck on 2 more roots for swamp.. haha.. & I have waited about 4 hours for my knights to heal.. .lol

deathexe
04-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Every time i do a run on sunken carrack i only got typhoon gems again and again even on the higher modes of the level its quite bothersome cause i need them to make my armor any ideas that can help

When killed with a special attack the boss may drop either the typhoon gems or ghostly beard hair. I believe that attempting higher levels gives you a better chance at attaining them. You're probably just going through some bad luck, press on!

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 02:18 AM
So far its been like 5 times in a row and all ive got is typhoon gems the only reason its bothersome is i havent made the armor even once yet and i still need every piece for it thanks for the advice

Justice711
04-24-2013, 02:25 AM
actually its good also.. u can farm for air type armor material for the sky guardian that u will get once u get the keys to the dark prince chest, or when u fuse something :)

haha that's what I think.. I got like 4 spare armor of air type just hoping my dream comes true.. lol...

its a lot of better then the other materials we get anyways.. :D

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Well im only lvl 47 at the moment and ever since they changed it to making you spend 20 gems on the chest ive stayed away from it ive thought about it i got like 60 gems so i could try but the results ive heard people get kinda keeps me away and the sky guardian armor is one i would love to get after seeing the stats for it i might try and fuse it and see if i get lucky

dontkilldyl
04-24-2013, 02:39 AM
ghostly beard hair is a super rare material, so it won't drop much

Justice711
04-24-2013, 02:40 AM
well fusing wont get u the + version.. fyi.. I also got 60 gems.. my plan is still spend in on a nemesis armor when a really good boss armor comes out.. lol... then pray I get some other good stuff while @ it.. haha

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 02:47 AM
ghostly beard hair is a super rare material, so it won't drop much

Ahh i see i just checked i didnt know that i thought maybe i was havin bad luck any chance anyone knows the percentage rate on the drop for those type of materials.... And yeah i know no plus version with fusing but still would be nice to have though

deathexe
04-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Ahh i see i just checked i didnt know that i thought maybe i was havin bad luck any chance anyone knows the percentage rate on the drop for those type of materials.... And yeah i know no plus version with fusing but still would be nice to have though

None of us actually knows the actual percentage, but it isn't that low to be honest.

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the info i guess i just got to keep trying and trying till i get what i need

Slevinn
04-24-2013, 03:45 AM
I got 1 out of 4 runs dropped so far. I keep doing mighty stage.

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 04:07 AM
Just pure luck. I've had similar exp before, especially when you are doing quests, no worries, keep farming, they will drop eventually:)

Justice711
04-24-2013, 04:11 AM
5 times hydra scales now when I left 2 roots to collect... :( oh well...

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Have the same exp before, really piss off... But after finishing the quest, there are many roots drop.....
5 times hydra scales now when I left 2 roots to collect... :( oh well...

Justice711
04-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Have the same exp before, really piss off... But after finishing the quest, there are many roots drop.....

which quest? u mean all of them? that will take a long while.. lol...

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 05:10 AM
There should be two different quests but same requirement, to ask you collect 18 roots and craft Swamp armor.
which quest? u mean all of them? that will take a long while.. lol...

Justice711
04-24-2013, 05:18 AM
There should be two different quests but same requirement, to ask you collect 18 roots and craft Swamp armor.

yup maybe... but I didn't craft Spectral so maybe I haven't got it.. darn.. it will be a headache if I need to do that again.. but I need to save money for the next expansion now... not much choice...

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Do the expansion first.
But make sure you finish the two quests together, otherwise you need to do it again...
yup maybe... but I didn't craft Spectral so maybe I haven't got it.. darn.. it will be a headache if I need to do that again.. but I need to save money for the next expansion now... not much choice...

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Do the expansion first.
But make sure you finish the two quests together, otherwise you need to do it again...

RadLonghammer
04-24-2013, 05:47 AM

I believe the better strategy is to fight Ghostbeard on the lowest two levels, and retain the power to fight and beat him MORE TIMES. It's a numbers game. In the long run, it FEELS (I don't really know) like he's going to drop the Typhoon gems 2 or 3 times to every one time he drops the beard hairs. Sometimes you'll get gems 5 or 6 times in a row, and sometimes you get beard hairs 2 or 3 times in a row. The same is true for the next stages as well. It's a numbers game, and the more times you can fight him, the better.

Try this means of getting through him more often.

Choose your two best Armors against Water/Spirit, Equip them on two of your knights, and hire a high level friend for spot 3. Do this twice, then reverse it, and do your best knight/armor plus TWO friends, and do it on levels that you can reliably clear.

This will let you take out Ghostbeard FIVE TIMES for one set of hit points, and if you level during or after the fifth, you can do most of it all over again with your instant rejuvination!

Hope this helps.

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the advice ill give it a try as it stands now ive gone 7 runs all typhoon gems

-Ace-
04-24-2013, 09:24 AM
I just finished all five levels on sunken carrack and only got ghostly beard hairs. You may be very unlucky or I must be extremely lucky

Darkwing907
04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Lol wow i would say im very unlucky

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Do not distress, I've farming Dark Prince Jewish, 7 times but gained phoenix feather each time...
Lol wow i would say im very unlucky

RadLonghammer
04-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Do not distress, I've farming Dark Prince Jewish, 7 times but gained phoenix feather each time...

Dark Prince's Armor comes with a Yarmulke now?

Harvey Guo
04-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Yep, it should be.
Just farm it for finishing quest:)
Already get the Regalia+ which already overcomes dark prince+ armor :)
Dark Prince's Armor comes with a Yarmulke now?

RadLonghammer
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Yep, it should be.
Just farm it for finishing quest:)
Already get the Regalia+ which already overcomes dark prince+ armor :)

Man, I was just making a joke about "Dark Prince Jewish."

I assume you meant "Dark Prince Jewels," but evidently your device auto-corrected it to "Jewish."

Slevinn
04-29-2013, 05:12 AM
Oke guys, listen to this.

I have had 12 runs now, on mighty/valor, even honor and still only typhoon gems..
It seems I can never finish this quest..

deathexe
04-29-2013, 05:21 AM

I have had 12 runs now, on mighty/valor, even honor and still only typhoon gems..

You're probably just low on luck, I don't seem to have any problems with drops. Just have to persevere I guess.

RadLonghammer
04-29-2013, 05:49 AM

Not sure my luck ever ran that bad, but that's all it is.

Funny thing... Once you complete the quest and farm the level for another reason (perhaps just experience points), you'll have a run of roots :)

Maybe try farming another level and see if it "breaks the cycle." It's superstitious, but hey; baseball players do it all the time.

Slevinn
04-29-2013, 05:52 AM
I will try that Rad, I also have to swamp quest. It just bugs me that I have to wait long for my knights to revive and I end up with disappointment every run. I hope the roots drop better

RadLonghammer
04-29-2013, 06:11 AM
I will try that Rad, I also have to swamp quest. It just bugs me that I have to wait long for my knights to revive and I end up with disappointment every run. I hope the roots drop better

I feel your pain, man.

There are definitely more material-farming related quests coming up beyond this one. Let's hope you're just getting your bad luck out of the way early, and will have a better experience with those!

Raistmar
04-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Just went on the wriggling root quest. Did 14 runs by only got 1 root drop =\
Good news though is that I leveled twice.

Slevinn
04-29-2013, 06:24 AM
I feel your pain, man.

There are definitely more material-farming related quests coming up beyond this one. Let's hope you're just getting your bad luck out of the way early, and will have a better experience with those!

Thanks man, I hope so too. I know it's a part of the game and I will get it eventually.

jeffrodriguez
04-29-2013, 07:36 AM
I have this quest for a week now and I'm just wasting using high level players because I can't finish the quest we need 18 I only have 4 I've been doing quest 15 to 23 times a day using 10
High levels then the rest I just wait for my HP to regenerate I was about to complain when I saw this post.
It's really low I've finished other quest but this sunken CRAZY Crap is getting me stock

Slevinn
05-01-2013, 06:48 AM
BAM! 8 beards in a row. I don't know if it actually works but I managed to have more luck with the drops when I did the Sunken Carrack by clicking on GO --> in the quest logs. It probably doesn't help but it feels better and I have better drops for some reason.

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm having more problem with the wriggling roots quest than the ghostly beard. Been four days and I've only gotten 6 =\
Using up all my toons just to finish the quest but every time I last hit the boss I see the hydra scales flying when I'm like I'm sure it's the roots next. But the cycle continues. Getting kinda frustrating.

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Just keep trying, you will eventually gain that.
I've got similar exp to you before, 5-6 fights, always Hydra scales, after 30-40 fights, you will eventually gain that.

And you can try Epic stage, higher chance to gain the roots.
I'm having more problem with the wriggling roots quest than the ghostly beard. Been four days and I've only gotten 6 =\
Using up all my toons just to finish the quest but every time I last hit the boss I see the hydra scales flying when I'm like I'm sure it's the roots next. But the cycle continues. Getting kinda frustrating.

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Just keep trying, you will eventually gain that.
I've got similar exp to you before, 5-6 fights, always Hydra scales, after 30-40 fights, you will eventually gain that.

And you can try Epic stage, higher chance to gain the roots.

That's what frustrate me more. I'm actually doing epic stages runs. So instead of being able to go 3 times I limit myself to 2. I'm thinking of sticking to either of the first two levels which will allow
more turns.

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I can only say, fighting...you will finish the damn quest eventually.
And...
Another damn quest about collecting roc feather is waiting for you...:(
Good Luck.
That's what frustrate me more. I'm actually doing epic stages runs. So instead of being able to go 3 times I limit myself to 2. I'm thinking of sticking to either of the first two levels which will allow
more turns.

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah until i can complete the dark prince+ cause I didn't get the regalia+. Then after that I can start the fun and exciting time farming for snake skins lol. Not like I haven't had enough of farming em haha..

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?52761-Useful-information-share-about-Fusion-amp-Enhancement.-Suit-for-all-range-players-)

Part 2 of this my thread should be able help you.

Now I never farm snakeskin, only upgrade armor by using fusion armors:)
Yeah until i can complete the dark prince+ cause I didn't get the regalia+. Then after that I can start the fun and exciting time farming for snake skins lol. Not like I haven't had enough of farming em haha..

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Actually I was already doing that, I maxed my hydra+ and part of my LF+ that way but it cost a lot lol. And I'm kinda obsessive with gold like I'm itching if I don't have a mil gold lol. So maybe when I've built up some gold I would start doing that again. And I still have the last expansion to worry about so I don't think that would be any time soon haha.

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Yep, depends on your current situation.
Actually, golds are not the most important thing in this process, I've spent 100+ fusion stones now, nearly run out...So I have to farm some fusion stones by farming medusa, but after all my 6 people dead, only lots of snakeskin but no fusion stones... kinda ironic...:(
Actually I was already doing that, I maxed my hydra+ and part of my LF+ that way but it cost a lot lol. And I'm kinda obsessive with gold like I'm itching if I don't have a mil gold lol. So maybe when I've built up some gold I would start doing that again. And I still have the last expansion to worry about so I don't think that would be any time soon haha.

Slevinn
05-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I don't think that it matters if you run normal, mighty or even epic to get the drop you want. I have had loads of runs now on diffrent difficulties to learn the drop system but I think it is random. I always tought that a higher difficulty would give better drops but in the end the mats still don't always drop. I think it's better to run more often on normal than 1 or 2 runs on epic. That way you get more experience and you have more chance to get the mats you need. My way is not confirmed or anything, it's based on experience.

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Health refill and leveled up so I squeezed in 8 runs result 1 drop of root rest hydra scales and 1 fusion stone.

I still feel that you have a higher chance of getting rare drop on epic. I've also experience it where I would get 4-5 drops of slab then move to epic and get snake skin. Maybe it's just a coincidence but it works. After one round of epic I usually go back to normal. Till I get consecutive drops of slabs again.

Again all of this might just be coincidence but out of the 8 root drops I got 6 are from valor or higher levels.

Slevinn
05-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Health refill and leveled up so I squeezed in 8 runs result 1 drop of root rest hydra scales and 1 fusion stone.

I still feel that you have a higher chance of getting rare drop on epic. I've also experience it where I would get 4-5 drops of slab then move to epic and get snake skin. Maybe it's just a coincidence but it works. After one round of epic I usually go back to normal. Till I get consecutive drops of slabs again.

Again all of this might just be coincidence but out of the 8 root drops I got 6 are from valor or higher levels.

To be honest I think you need to do what you think is best. Nothing is certain of it so go by the strategy that works best for you. The way I do it is: easy runs always on valor/honor and more difficult runs on normal/mighty. I quest so fast that with my current armor and level I can only run once (sometimes twice) on epic. That is why I choose to go for normal to finish the quest fast. After doing 10 runs on Sunken Carrack on epic and still not getting my beards, I'm sticking to this tactic. But after all said, do what strategy works best for you.

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 11:19 AM
I think the Epic stage can have higher chance to gain better material, but not too high.

It is obvious in farming medusa, Epic stage did have higher chance to gain snakeskin, but not higher too much.

For other stages, I would say the gap between normal and epic stages are narrow, I often gain Infernal stone in normal stage but gain Chimera Thorn in Epic stages.

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
To be honest I think you need to do what you think is best. Nothing is certain of it so go by the strategy that works best for you. The way I do it is: easy runs always on valor/honor and more difficult runs on normal/mighty. I quest so fast that with my current armor and level I can only run once (sometimes twice) on epic. That is why I choose to go for normal to finish the quest fast. After doing 10 runs on Sunken Carrack on epic and still not getting my beards, I'm sticking to this tactic. But after all said, do what strategy works best for you.

Like I mentioned on my previous post I too am sticking on the first two levels as I can squeeze in more runs and get more exp.

I just didn't agree with you with the all level has the same drop percentage.

Edit: random drop rate

Raistmar
05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
lol

Typed in the quick reply field.=\

Slevinn
05-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Well I guess it's fair to say that it would make sense that the drop percentage will be higher on higher stages. And what I noticed like Harvey said, the diffrence in percentage is probably very low. But when you do the math, if you can do more runs on a lower stage, you have more chance that the materials will drop. Every run starts with the same drop percentage but when put together the percentage doesn't add up but it gives you more chance in the long run. Also like I said and agree with you, for me, my top priority in this game is getting to level 100 as soon as possible. That is why I prefer the normal/mighty runs.

In the end the choice is up to you!

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Yep. I would say for farming high level material like Infernal stone, the normal stage is always best choice, much less and weaker enemies will make people pass more rounds.

Even the Epic stage has higher percentage than normal, but it will never higher than pass normal stage twice. Thus for high level material, normal stage are good choice, stable element, less and weaker enemies, weaker boss.

For farming low level material like snakeskin, I would say Epic stage is better choice:)
Well I guess it's fair to say that it would make sense that the drop percentage will be higher on higher stages. And what I noticed like Harvey said, the diffrence in percentage is probably very low. But when you do the math, if you can do more runs on a lower stage, you have more chance that the materials will drop. Every run starts with the same drop percentage but when put together the percentage doesn't add up but it gives you more chance in the long run. Also like I said and agree with you, for me, my top priority in this game is getting to level 100 as soon as possible. That is why I prefer the normal/mighty runs.

In the end the choice is up to you!

Sunsfan1caw
05-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Yep, depends on your current situation.
Actually, golds are not the most important thing in this process, I've spent 100+ fusion stones now, nearly run out...So I have to farm some fusion stones by farming medusa, but after all my 6 people dead, only lots of snakeskin but no fusion stones... kinda ironic...:(

You only get fusion stones when you don't need them :)

Harvey Guo
05-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Yep, many things happen this way:(
You only get fusion stones when you don't need them :)

Slevinn
05-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Yep. I would say for farming high level material like Infernal stone, the normal stage is always best choice, much less and weaker enemies will make people pass more rounds.

Even the Epic stage has higher percentage than normal, but it will never higher than pass normal stage twice. Thus for high level material, normal stage are good choice, stable element, less and weaker enemies, weaker boss.

For farming low level material like snakeskin, I would say Epic stage is better choice:)

Couldn't agree more!

RadLonghammer
05-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Silver and gold keys are GREAT for fusion stones!!!

Spent the 10 Gold keys I got from killing the Epic Boss the 60th time, and got:

(4) 3x Fusion Stone
(2) 2x Wriggling Root
(1) 4x Phoenix Feather
(2) 5x Dragon Horn
(1) 2x Infernal Iron Chunk

I've also gotten 3x Fusion stones out of the Silver chests many times, as well as in boss drops. I haven't perceived any slowdown getting them in boss drops. They seem to come in waves, like everything else.