PDA

View Full Version : New to K&D

Kemble
04-22-2013, 08:01 AM
So I'm new to K&D. Was a big fan of Monster Quest for quite a while but GREE(D) set in and every event started costing way too much way too fast.

In MQ the game seamed favorable for those who "camped", leveled up iph (income per hour) and held off on quests for as long as possible, and built an extremely strong army at lower levels and slowly leveled up as you continued to increase your army strength as much as possible.

Is it the same way here in K&D? Since I'm a patient person and my natural instinct is to "camp" and I want to be as strong as I can at my current level, Is there any advantage to "camping" and refrain from doing quests while I build up my iph? If so, whats a good iph before I start questing? I'm currently lvl 3 and have a training grounds aleady and am 1/2 way to my second one. Should I just keep building training grounds and unlock every land upgrade before I start to level/quest ? Or is there no advantage what so to "camp" in K&D ? I see arena is unlocked at level 5.

I see posts about veteran players not accepting friends unless they are high level or have full nemesis armor. Care to explain what this Nemesis armor is and how do you obtain it?

Thanks in advance.

Justice711
04-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Just started playing about 10 days & I am on level 68. Don't really understand camping... But I reckon the higher level u are the better. More HP, better stats. There isn't any penalty for being high level. Seems like the stats growth for characters stops @ 100.

Instead of leveling, I think the more impt question is what armor are u crafting & what is worth leveling. I think from the threads u can see that I ask a lot of questions on those...

U need to gain access to new level to get the better type of armor, & leveling just made things faster since your health is being restore & u can gain more materials.

The lands in the middle of the game cost like $500,000 so if u r low level, I think farming is really boring.. Especially waiting for money to grow...

There are boss every week giving new legendary armor. To give people added incentive to spend money, there is an armor that is a nemesis to the boss. ( higher damage output, lower damage receive, easier to level it fully)

A new boss means a new type of armor, the trend is that they are getting more powerful then the standard 1s that u can craft.

Hope I help.. I am still pretty new myself :)

iisaiahc
04-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Just started playing about 10 days & I am on level 68. Don't really understand camping... But I reckon the higher level u are the better. More HP, better stats. There isn't any penalty for being high level. Seems like the stats growth for characters stops @ 100.

Instead of leveling, I think the more impt question is what armor are u crafting & what is worth leveling. I think from the threads u can see that u ask a lot of questions on those...

U need to gain access to new level to get the better type of armor, & leveling just made things faster since your health is being restore & u can gain more materials.

The lands in the middle of the game cost like $500,000 so if u r low level, I think farming is really boring.. Especially waiting for money to grow...

There are boss every week giving new legendary armor. To give people added incentive to spend money, there is an armor that is a nemesis to the boss. ( higher damage output, lower damage receive, easier to level it fully)

A new boss means a new type of armor, the trend is that they are getting more powerful then the standard 1s that u can craft.

Hope I help.. I am still pretty new myself :)

How do you level so fast?

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Above all, welcome to the K&D. I would glad to see your code starts with XBC not XBB, which shows that the number of players are increasing significantly.

For the developing in K&D, I would say the way or methods are vary. You can follow the quest and develop smoothly, or you can focus on one specific aspect, such as unlock all spots first etc.

For your question about friends and nemesis. I would say the slots are limit, thus people may tend to choose the stronger player as ally to help them reach their goal. Nothing Personal.
The nemesis is the Unique armor which best against the weekly epic boss, not only against it on the element, but also gives 3x extra damage, that's why people must have one to clear all stages and gain enough material to craft the boss armor.
The only way of gaining nemesis is to open dark prince chest, you may not get what you want, just pure luck. So do not try at beginning, it would be appropriate if you reach lv70+ and have many strong allies with nemesis, then you can open chest try your luck, gain one and fight with your friends.

Feel free to ask any question, our forum member would glad to provide the solution.

Enjoy the game, good luck:)

Justice711
04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Play every hour? Haha.... It's quite easy @ the start... U recover your full health then u can go whack others...Harvey has played 20 days & he is on level 100?

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Play frequently, make the balance well, do many quests etc.
I've played about 20 days, will reach to lv100 tomorrow :)

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Play every hour? Haha.... It's quite easy @ the start... U recover your full health then u can go whack others...Harvey has played 20 days & he is on level 100?OMG, how did you know that :cool:

KnD
04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
as a newish player myself, 50 or so levels in.

What is the point in basic armour as I am crafting them if nothing but to use up the basic materials, but, i have a ton of basic armour that i do not have anything for?

p.s sorry for jumping in on the thread

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 08:34 AM
When you have higher rarity armor, these basic armor can be as material to enhance your great armor, makes it more powerful than before:)
Basic armor is the fastest and most expensive way of enhancement, especially use them on upgrading lv70 armors.
However, it does really good in the beginning of each armor enhancement.
as a newish player myself, 50 or so levels in.

What is the point in basic armour as I am crafting them if nothing but to use up the basic materials, but, i have a ton of basic armour that i do not have anything for?

p.s sorry for jumping in on the thread

jon_funzio
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Kemble - good to see you here, I'm burning through my last gems in MQ too, and then am playing for free - can usually complete basic quests (if not heroic mode) on there for free.

In K&D it seems to be quite the opposite of normal Gree games - to be really competitive in the arena, against bosses and to beat the PvE enemies you need to have strong stats which come from (a) strong armour, (b) being higher level.

Level:
With each level that you gain you increase your attack, defence and HP, for both your main knight (you) and your party of knights. You also increase the maximum number of armour slots and the maximum number of friends you can have (more on this later).

Armour:
Armour come in three main forms:
- 30 level armour - this is basic armour, it can be crafted using your armour-smith from materials found in all maps, both the more advanced materials (like stone slabs) and the basic materials (like stone shards).
- 50 level armour – more advanced armour that can be crafted using boss loot from higher level maps or can be fused from basic elements.
- 70 level armour – the most advanced armour, can sometimes be crafted (especially from beat the boss events), or found in Dark Price Chests.

Enhancing armour:
The higher the level of your armour the slower upgrading will be. Upgrading a level 60/70 armour will require considerably more resources than a 10/70. When upgrading armour, you get faster upgrades from using higher quality armour (so enhancing a 1/70 armour with a 1/50 will upgrade it more than a 1/30). You also get a bonus for using armour of shared element.

Friends
These are especially important for beating bosses and completing some high level maps – the mid-to-high levels of the boss will be nearly impossible without strong friends, the higher your level, the more friend “slots” you have, and so the more likely you will be to have friends with nemesis armour (3x damage vs. the boss) or high level friends with the “strong against” element.
Having some weak friends can also help in PvP tournaments as they get you extra tournament points.

Armour Slots
You gain these as you level up – you will need a lot of these especially when crafting new armour that you want to upgrade as far as possible immediately, a low level player has less slots, so can stock pile less armour.

This is a very quick run through but touches upon some of the main points of K&D – there’s a lot more info on the forums and a very useful spread sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArPIArNuLRi7dGVrc1BqV2J1czAzY1AyR1kxSko4V lE#gid=0

Enjoy!

Justice711
04-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Whoa... That is super detail ... :) lol good guide to read..

Justice711
04-22-2013, 08:39 AM
OMG, how did you know that :cool:

Haha, I have been stalking u... Hoping u will notice me & allow me to add u as a friend :p did it work? Lol

U wrote it in the other thread about max number of materials stored. I just read it... Haha

DreamM0d3
04-22-2013, 08:42 AM

Its all about timing when your HP recovers and fighting the right stages that will maximize your EXP. It may be tempting to try and clear high levels. However, if you are unable to kill the boss in one run and wanna wait for your HP to recover before continuing off from where you left off, you end up wasting the HP of your other unused knights. The ideal scenario is that all your knights are able to kill the normal monsters in 1 hit and the boss in 2 hits (1 normal, 1 special attack) Also, when you are close to leveling up, you don't have to wait until your HP fully recovers. Just go and kill some monsters. Im pretty sure Harvey or any other fast levelers will share my sentiments.

Justice711
04-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Exacting as dream explain. Maximizing all your knights + farming will surely ensure your level going up fast, I usually only open a new stage when I am about to level up... This ensure I can whack the boss & make sure I kill it... Then I go back to farming for snakeskins.. Haha..

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Indeed, agree with you:)

Forward congrats us reach to lv100 tomorrow :)
Its all about timing when your HP recovers and fighting the right stages that will maximize your EXP. It may be tempting to try and clear high levels. However, if you are unable to kill the boss in one run and wanna wait for your HP to recover before continuing off from where you left off, you end up wasting the HP of your other unused knights. The ideal scenario is that all your knights are able to kill the normal monsters in 1 hit and the boss in 2 hits (1 normal, 1 special attack) Also, when you are close to leveling up, you don't have to wait until your HP fully recovers. Just go and kill some monsters. Im pretty sure Harvey or any other fast levelers will share my sentiments.

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Haha, I have been stalking u... Hoping u will notice me & allow me to add u as a friend :p did it work? Lol

U wrote it in the other thread about max number of materials stored. I just read it... Haha haha, I see. Friend request has been approved.
I'm going out to buy some food, see you then:)

DreamM0d3
04-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Indeed, agree with you:)

Forward congrats us reach to lv100 tomorrow :)

Haha its 12 midnight here. So maybe I'll reach today lol.

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Yep, congrats:)
Haha its 12 midnight here. So maybe I'll reach today lol.

clevoh
04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Been playing awhile, Level 65. I should probably know this but how do you craft a + version armor?

DreamM0d3
04-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Been playing awhile, Level 65. I should probably know this but how do you craft a + version armor?

Basically you get the armor to a certain level and there will be a notification that says you've unlock the + version of that armor. Once unlocked, the + version will replace that armor on the crafting list and it will no longer be possible to craft the normal version of that armor

Sunsfan1caw
04-22-2013, 11:43 AM
As of now, there is NO advantage to camping, quite the opposite actually. The weekly bosses are not tiered like in other Gree games. The arena is also not tiered. Strongest is strongest, period. So, here you want to level as quickly as possible. Also, your friends stats are based on your level, so to maximize their usefulness, you need to level up and become stronger yourself.

Funny enough, though, since I've reached level 100, I've been camping. Not on purpose, but because there is no incentive to level past 100 and farming is very boring. I am also hoping they make leveling past 100 worthwhile, and want to take advantage of it then.

iisaiahc
04-23-2013, 12:06 AM

I'm currently level 55, farming exp at Blazing Tides with maxed Atlantean+ and Hydra+. Trying to max my Living Flame+ right now too. Advice on where i should be training? I've unlocked the stages until Caballero Desert Mighty stage and had stopped since to farm BT for exp. Been playing for about 15 days.

Catastr0phy
04-23-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm currently level 55, farming exp at Blazing Tides with maxed Atlantean+ and Hydra+. Trying to max my Living Flame+ right now too. Advice on where i should be training? I've unlocked the stages until Caballero Desert Mighty stage and had stopped since to farm BT for exp. Been playing for about 15 days.

Ill copy paste what dream said:

ts all about timing when your HP recovers and fighting the right stages that will maximize your EXP. It may be tempting to try and clear high levels. However, if you are unable to kill the boss in one run and wanna wait for your HP to recover before continuing off from where you left off, you end up wasting the HP of your other unused knights. The ideal scenario is that all your knights are able to kill the normal monsters in 1 hit and the boss in 2 hits (1 normal, 1 special attack) Also, when you are close to leveling up, you don't have to wait until your HP fully recovers. Just go and kill some monsters. Im pretty sure Harvey or any other fast levelers will share my sentiments.

so to keep it simple: Search a map where you will 1-hit KO the monsters and 2hit KO the boss.
Also lv50+ armors are great, but keep in mind that 70+ will easily outpower you later on. you might need them at later exp hunting.

iisaiahc
04-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Ill copy paste what dream said:

ts all about timing when your HP recovers and fighting the right stages that will maximize your EXP. It may be tempting to try and clear high levels. However, if you are unable to kill the boss in one run and wanna wait for your HP to recover before continuing off from where you left off, you end up wasting the HP of your other unused knights. The ideal scenario is that all your knights are able to kill the normal monsters in 1 hit and the boss in 2 hits (1 normal, 1 special attack) Also, when you are close to leveling up, you don't have to wait until your HP fully recovers. Just go and kill some monsters. Im pretty sure Harvey or any other fast levelers will share my sentiments.

so to keep it simple: Search a map where you will 1-hit KO the monsters and 2hit KO the boss.
Also lv50+ armors are great, but keep in mind that 70+ will easily outpower you later on. you might need them at later exp hunting.

Alright thanks!

Catastr0phy
04-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Alright thanks!

My pleasure:) Happy hunting!

Howzee87
04-23-2013, 03:59 AM
Basically you get the armor to a certain level and there will be a notification that says you've unlock the + version of that armor. Once unlocked, the + version will replace that armor on the crafting list and it will no longer be possible to craft the normal version of that armor

What about a plus version of a fused armour?

I recently got the message that I could now create a + version of my exercist armour but it's not in my armoursmith. I tried to fuze it again but I just got a basic version

Harvey Guo
04-23-2013, 04:08 AM
you can only get regular version from fusion.
What about a plus version of a fused armour?

I recently got the message that I could now create a + version of my exercist armour but it's not in my armoursmith. I tried to fuze it again but I just got a basic version

Jrodigy
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Having training grounds at level 3 is pretty amazing lmao. But no, levels don't penalize you at all, they only help you. In the PvP Arena, your enemys level ranges anywhere from say, lvl 5-150+. Depends on your luck of who you fight. Your stats do stop increasing at level 100 though, pass that each level fully heals your hp for more training. But the key to this game is how good your armours are. You always want to have 3 strong armours that can be equipped by 3 different knights to have strength/variety in your elements. Glad your liking the game and have the patience for it too :)