PDA

View Full Version : More for your money scheme

OwainCymro
04-22-2013, 01:11 AM
So, recently I have been seeing a lot of posts going on about how in-game cash is almost pointless when it comes to buying cash units because of how epic new units from new events are. How about, some kind of rollback on the price of units so that we get more for our money. Or, GREE could release a new set of units that are slightly cheaper but still have good stats. Or, should there be a new building which reduces the price of units? Whatever GREE does I just want them to balance unit stats so that we don't rely on event units but also save up for great cash units, and bring back what cash units always were. What are your thoughts on this?

Bobar
04-22-2013, 01:39 AM
So, recently I have been seeing a lot of posts going on about how in-game cash is almost pointless when it comes to buying cash units because of how epic new units from new events are. How about, some kind of rollback on the price of units so that we get more for our money. Or, GREE could release a new set of units that are slightly cheaper but still have good stats. Or, should there be a new building which reduces the price of units? Whatever GREE does I just want them to balance unit stats so that we don't rely on event units but also save up for great cash units, and bring back what cash units always were. What are your thoughts on this?

i would like a "exchange point" building with an exchange-rate from ingame-cash to gold and vice versa

scurvynaive
04-22-2013, 09:35 AM
i would like a "exchange point" building with an exchange-rate from ingame-cash to gold and vice versa

And I would like to fly by flapping my arms but neither are going to happen so let's keep our requests reasonable, the above is quite obviously fiscal suicide for Gree.

On a more serious note though OP has some good suggestions and I would like to see changes like that also. Perhaps a third unit building is required with even more powerful options than the second.

Kyle51
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
I think we should be able to sell old units... We only use probably 3000 units between fighting and the missions we are working on, yet we have over 10,000 units in some cases and many of them aren't being used. If we could sell old units it would be a great way to get a quick cash boost to buy that new building or upgrade one. We can sell buildings and decorations, why not units?

Bobar
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
And I would like to fly by flapping my arms but neither are going to happen so let's keep our requests reasonable, the above is quite obviously fiscal suicide for Gree.

On a more serious note though OP has some good suggestions and I would like to see changes like that also. Perhaps a third unit building is required with even more powerful options than the second.

forgot to say i would like friendly un-ironically people all over the world

What?
04-22-2013, 12:55 PM
It's an interesting discussion, one that I've thought about myself. I always get a chuckle when players who have all gold armies raid my buildings for cash. The truth is they quite possibly bought themselves out of the game. Some may say the point of cash buildings is too make more cash so you can upgrade more cash buildings. This does not make any sense to me because if you don't have anything to buy what is the actual payoff? The point of cash buildings is to buy cash units. If your army contains more loot and indestructible units than the highest cash units, than, do you really need cash buildings? Well, you can still use cash to donate to your faction, but that is it. Eventually the loot and indestructible units will overtake the cash units in your armies. At the current rate it will happen faster than at any other time in the game. I've never spent money on gold and it seems overnight some real contenders are showing up on my rivals list overshadowing even some of the crazier accounts I've seen and the new blood probably spent 1/10th the amount the old guard have spent achieving the same stats. I honestly don't know what the answer is, I just know eventually I will fill up my army with loot and indestructible units and not need cash units. Will the game feel empty? I don't know I'll tell you when it happens.

Bobar
04-25-2013, 09:58 AM
It's an interesting discussion, one that I've thought about myself. I always get a chuckle when players who have all gold armies raid my buildings for cash. The truth is they quite possibly bought themselves out of the game. Some may say the point of cash buildings is too make more cash so you can upgrade more cash buildings. This does not make any sense to me because if you don't have anything to buy what is the actual payoff? The point of cash buildings is to buy cash units. If your army contains more loot and indestructible units than the highest cash units, than, do you really need cash buildings? Well, you can still use cash to donate to your faction, but that is it. Eventually the loot and indestructible units will overtake the cash units in your armies. At the current rate it will happen faster than at any other time in the game. I've never spent money on gold and it seems overnight some real contenders are showing up on my rivals list overshadowing even some of the crazier accounts I've seen and the new blood probably spent 1/10th the amount the old guard have spent achieving the same stats. I honestly don't know what the answer is, I just know eventually I will fill up my army with loot and indestructible units and not need cash units. Will the game feel empty? I don't know I'll tell you when it happens.

time has come, no more units worth to get buyed. money is for faction only. this game is getting worse for free players

SGT Rud
04-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I think we should be able to sell old units... We only use probably 3000 units between fighting and the missions we are working on, yet we have over 10,000 units in some cases and many of them aren't being used. If we could sell old units it would be a great way to get a quick cash boost to buy that new building or upgrade one. We can sell buildings and decorations, why not units?
I like this idea.

This is not fair to the ones who spend money to play. Even then, people with huge cash piles, would then be running things, not the gold spenders. Plus, why spend gold to exchange for cash, when you could just buy cash. I like the idea that when you rank up from captain to colonel or others, you get some free gold bars. That seems like a fair deal.

andypandy2
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM
I suspect that we will see level 20 buildings some time soon. More, bigger, and expensive units. More cash, etc.

S&H Max
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
I dont undestand everyone telling no good units to buy when I see that sea unit for 15mil : 90att/42def...

Maybe my 115 000 attack is too weak to compare with you but I'm far from not beaing able to use a 90att worth unit!

Thief
04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I dont undestand everyone telling no good units to buy when I see that sea unit for 15mil : 90att/42def...

Maybe my 115 000 attack is too weak to compare with you but I'm far from not beaing able to use a 90att worth unit!

This is true but that is one of maybe 2 or 3 Useful Cash units.
Then you have to look at the following. Right now as it stands you should be able to get a around 100 Indestructible Units that are all more powerful than a Tactical Sub. 90/42 based on all the events going on.

Now most don't have a lvl 10 Dry Docks...so take the time to upgrade. (2-4 weeks)
Now what is your IPH? I'll assume you can buy 1 of these a day. (obviously you still want to donate to your faction and get some upgrades in...so maybe you have a 1.5 million IPH)

So in the first month you buy somewhere between 0-15
Second Month you buy somewhere around 30
Third Month you buy somewhere around 40
Fourth Month you buy somewhere around 50...but Faction requirements/upgrade costs are getting mroe expensive now..
Ohh wait you also have to account for Casualties

So after 4 months you have 100 Remaining Tactical Subs. In the same time you have 400 Indestructible Units

I'm not saying they aren't any good and wont' make it in your army...im' just saying long term you wouldn't have 2000 of them...or even 500 of them unless you have a REALLY high IPH.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-25-2013, 12:51 PM
^ Spot on ^

Free players, your days are numbered. Get with the program.

OwainCymro
04-25-2013, 01:45 PM
^ Spot on ^

This is why I want GREE to upgrade the original units or introduce new ones. This game was free, but soon there will be nothing free about it. A player should be given a chance to carry off good stats without spending hundreds on gold!

What worries me is how sucked in irresponsible people become, such as children. In my opinion, if the stats of all the events' prizes fly up like they have done then GREE should maybe do something similar to cash units! Maybe even if the increase is slight it always amounts to something.

Bobar
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
I like this idea.

This is not fair to the ones who spend money to play. Even then, people with huge cash piles, would then be running things, not the gold spenders. Plus, why spend gold to exchange for cash, when you could just buy cash. I like the idea that when you rank up from captain to colonel or others, you get some free gold bars. That seems like a fair deal.

Maybe with an really bad exchange rate. 100 Mio for one gold e.g.

S&H Max
04-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Maybe with an really bad exchange rate. 100 Mio for one gold e.g.

Not even a good idea! That would help a lot people that have found ways to make easy money!

Bobar
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
^ Spot on ^

no whining, but at least it could be playable for light gold players too

Bobar
04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Not even a good idea! That would help a lot people that have found ways to make easy money!

how? doesnīt matter if someone hacks and adds gold or money

could be 100times iph for one gold to make it fair for all players.

Josh611
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
how? doesnīt matter if someone hacks and adds gold or money

could be 100times iph for one gold to make it fair for all players.

Then people could sell all of their buildings and just get money by raiding.

There will never be a cash for gold type thing in this game

Bobar
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Then people could sell all of their buildings and just get money by raiding.

There will never be a cash for gold type thing in this game

many already do.
but you are correct, there wont as they want to earn money. but itīs like the free gold bonus program. earning 7 gold has no impact