PDA

View Full Version : new chain events ruining game

branditos333
04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
I have to say that these new chain events that gree has started sure are fun and very addictive. I've been so caught up in clutter with the incredible units that Ive recieved, progressively getting stronger and stronger as I advance. I have even spent much more money than I usually do on this game to help me get further into the completion of the events. So good job so far gree.

So as much as I boast on and talk these chain events up, why would my title of this post be that its ruining the game?

I'll tell you why. As much as I love the absolute skyrocket of an increase in my a/d stats, there is a problem. I have played this game for just under 1 year now. I have worked my butt off on this game to build my base and increase my unit numbers and unit quality. I have also always worked very hard during chest, boss, and any other events that have taken place to get the quality indestructible rewards that other events have offered, including these last 2 chain events. Never, though has any event, in my 1 year of activity on this game, ever made it so easy to increase your numbers. In just 2 weeks time now, my stats have literally doubled what took me a years time to build them to. All the hard work and 10+ hours a day that I put into this game has been completely blanketed from a couple chain events that cover all the hard work I've put into my profile. Most would ask why i would even care about that. Why I'm not happy with the significant increase in my stats. And I say because its happening to every other person that plays this game. And because any newbie or even seasoned player that doesn't even put in a fifth of the time that myself and others do into this game, can become a powerhouse player with a little bit of cash and a few hours time. These events completely devalue the hard working, time dedicated veterans of this game that have worked extremely hard to get where their at. I don't even consider myself to be a target of this abuse as their are many members that work even harder than me and played much longer as well. And I have to say that I feel very sorry for you guys that this is going on. Even gree is devaluing their own gold purchase units. Why pay 500 gold for one unit that pays 350 a/d when you can put that same 500 gold into this chain event and get 10x that at least. Plus cash, valor, experience points, and have fun doing it? If your smart you wouldn't. I really hope that gree adresses this before it kills the game for veterans. Otherwise, someone who's played for a month could literally be as strong as someone who's played a year or two if they wanted to spend the money.

I do love these events and as far as from a buisness stand point, think it was a homerun gree. It's fun, its different, and people are buying gold like crazy to stock up on these incredible units. But I really believe its a punch in the gut to your hard working, dedicated veterans. I'm not saying stop these events. Actually I'm begging you not to because they're so much fun. But I am saying that I think it needs to be changed up. I like the valor payouts. Vapors so hard to come by anyway, but you've got to decrease the strength of these units significantly. 23k a/d increase for completion of one event is insane. PUN hasn't even got that strong of an increase from any of all the wars they've won I don't think. That's just too much too fast. Don't stop the event, just slow it down a bit.

Jhenry02
04-21-2013, 10:28 PM
If you read the writing on the wall, what it is leading to is the inevitable end of casualty rates.

What is the point of owning 100 snipers, 100 inflatables etc. at level 40 when you can can do this event and in 10 minutes, full energy, and with no real money have 5 units that are stronger than those 200.

It won't effect the highest gold spenders as they are able to complete prestige mode and get the 4000/4000 unit where as a low spender gets a 2000/2000 unit. So they will still have a huge statiscal edge; as they should. Because anyone who hasn't figured out that the better the army the deeper the wallet needs "special attention."

It won't kill the game but it will change the dynamic so that any shred of strategy will no longer be needed. I know I get made fun of for my use of spreadsheets and thoughts on consumption rates; but these will be obsolete as the only units you will need are those to complete pve. And since they nerfed farming the only point in doing Pve is during the LTQ's. so why even do Pve on a regular basis? We aren't there yet, but the only reason you will need money is for buying faction boosts. Even a tac strike submarine at 90/42 for $15,000,000 is useless compared to the Guerilla Hunter 156/234 you get for 200 energy.

It is what it is.

-J

I am a cow
04-21-2013, 10:33 PM
If you read the writing on the wall, what it is leading to is the inevitable end of casualty rates.

What is the point of owning 100 snipers, 100 inflatables etc. at level 40 when you can can do this event and in 10 minutes, full energy, and with no real money have 5 units that are stronger than those 200.

It won't effect the highest gold spenders as they are able to complete prestige mode and get the 4000/4000 unit where as a low spender gets a 2000/2000 unit. So they will still have a huge statiscal edge; as they should. Because anyone who hasn't figured out that the better the army the deeper the wallet needs "special attention."

It won't kill the game but it will change the dynamic so that any shred of strategy will no longer be needed. I know I get made fun of for my use of spreadsheets and thoughts on consumption rates; but these will be obsolete as the only units you will need are those to complete pve. And since they nerfed farming the only point in doing Pve is during the LTQ's. so why even do Pve on a regular basis? We aren't there yet, but the only reason you will need money is for buying faction boosts. Even a tac strike submarine at 90/42 for $15,000,000 is useless compared to the Guerilla Hunter 156/234 you get for 200 energy.

It is what it is.

-J

At least in a while some of the weaker players can join strong factions

groovdog
04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Yep welcome to the new era. It hit KA about 3 months ago right around the time I started the main 3 Gree games. My guy in KA 2 weeks ago was 307K attk. My MW guy was 28K. This is what its gonna look like. At least valor still plays a role, honor has never played a role that I have seen in KA. Cash is for guilds/syns/factions. Here it still can play a role for a while. My KA army never loses a unit even when mercilessly beaten because my whole army currently is indes. The main accomplishment in KA is dragons. I am debating even bothering as almost every LTQ unit is better and indes. Only reason even thinking it is I could add 100K fast and eventually phase them out. Similar decisions will be made in MW.

Ultimately there is a reason why KA is a Top 25 ITunes app while having a much smaller player base. Its these events. Taking them to MW and CC will jack profits through the roof at least in their mind. So get ready for stat inflation. You could argue its already happening quickly in MW. How many peops were 100K attk in MW in first 3 months?

Mr. Pink
04-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Gree has basically declared war on campers. Don't want to participate? You're going to lose out of some primo units and rivals are going to get much stronger. Couple that with the new rivals list and the days of camping are going away quick.

I've probably lost more money/fight in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 months from all these changes.

branditos333
04-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Also, what about all the indestructibles being given out. At this pace, it will only be a few months before everyone's units taken to battle are indestructible. In order to increase your numbers, you'll be forced to spend gold, more and more every month, just to get a unit strong enough to sub out your weakest one. Plus pvp will be indestructibles fighting eachother. Just seems stupid. In game cash literally is becoming worthless besides donating for faction increases. Even with some of the more powerful units to purchase like the sub you mentioned for $15mil. Why buy it when it has a casualty risk when all these indestructibles that stay with you forever are being given out like turkeys on thanksgiving?

Jhenry02
04-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Isn't that what I said?

procsyzarc
04-21-2013, 11:00 PM
I think it tends to de value factions for low to medium spenders. Previously if you spent about 3000- 5000 gold a month you could join a top 10 faction and get the rewards that come with it. Now that gold will give you a much better boost completing two LTQ's

groovdog
04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Why because it forces the spenders to spend more and the not currently spenders to make a choice. Camping is basically dead but can be replaced by a progressive camp. Conversion to indes via boss and box events is a must. Participation in the other events has to be done but you can still pick your point to stop. If you had planned to camp to 2 mil IPH and then come out storming your strat has to change but if you make the change now you can still compete esp. if you can spend some gold.

The most powerful trend in WD type events across all three games is the low level power player. High stats compared to level because no one goes after them and if they do they get crappy points. There are whole guilds of them where most are 50-100 providing crappy points to opponents and great points to themselves from the guys they beat who are 50+ levels higher. Most of these are former campers who came out of the camp at the right time. Course these guys cant compete with Top 5 but they can eventually join Top 5 factions if they play it right and spend. The rest will be left fighting for scraps as they always have.

branditos333
04-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Isn't that what I said?

Yeah, pretty much. Sorry didn't see your post til after I posted mine.

Pyrates
04-21-2013, 11:13 PM
I'm not gonna lie these last two LTQ events have boosts my stats a ton. It cost me a lot of gold but the stats increase was awesome compared to how I have spent my gold previously.

branditos333
04-21-2013, 11:20 PM
All of this necessity to spend so much gold on every event just to keep up with the pace and to keep your strength isn't right though. Just to stay at the level of power I consider myself to have at the level I'm at, is costing me more money a month than my freaking car payment. And I'm not talkin about gold spent on wars. At this point, I don't even count war spending in this thread. Just talkin strictly about these new chain events. If you're not spending in em, you're falling waaaay behind. Some people can do it, I can't though. And I'm becoming weaker and weaker in my level every time they do these kind of events. Just doesn't seem right when all these new names are popping into my rival list everyday with members that were Prolly level 20 or so just a couple days ago...

HunterKiller
04-22-2013, 12:50 AM
It is good for some people, I have almost doubled my stats since china without using gold. Gold users in my faction have gone from 30k to 150k +, and that is only about lvl 80.
It has really changed the dynamics of the game, I have stopped buying cash units now, just using indestructables and good valour units. I can earn the valour too because I don't lose many units doing pvp now.

Acuratepaul
04-22-2013, 02:51 AM
I totally agree with what is being said in this thread. I have played this game for well over a year now. Let me say I was one of those guys that didn't attack rivals just kept to myself just worked on my money buildings that was it. Once the WD stuff came in, it was different you had to join a team to have any advantage over others great idea in my opinion. But just after the china event my stats were just hovering around 40k at level 150 they were very low. But just after I decide to focus on my stats and increased them by about 15k both attack
And defence all with cash units / valor units started enjoying raising my stats. These events came and well I am double of what I was after china. In less then 2 months I have out paced myself in what it took me over a year to do. I know money spenders have the edge in this game and I finally came to
Accept it. But, these events make it too easy for new players. I started a new account about 3-4 weeks ago on an old device and I'm sitting at 13k A/D at level 50 way to easy. I dunno if this is a good idea or not soon stats will be in the millions not thousands and cash units will be extinct.

Clean it up gree have more balance. Because this rate 0 strategy and all about money. Business is business but its annoying to I'd say half your members that don't spend money.

-TANGO-
04-22-2013, 02:55 AM
I think it tends to de value factions for low to medium spenders. Previously if you spent about 3000- 5000 gold a month you could join a top 10 faction and get the rewards that come with it. Now that gold will give you a much better boost completing two LTQ's

Yes exactly. Other than the bonuses associated with faction units, which this time around are very good, you are better off with the LTQ's.

The top ten scores defy all logic and common sense at this point, if it continues further consolidation will ensue as people move factions to share responsibility of cost and effort. Those 'family' factions that denounced this idea not long ago as it went against their morals and ethics have, unsurprisingly, changed their ideals. Money talks BS walks.

glitters
04-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Minimum level for these LTQs seem to be level 40. If you're 40 or lower, you can still camp safely.

mistergreen
04-22-2013, 05:15 AM
I find it sad that my top unit used to be one I got from being a top 250 faction. Now my top unit is one I got from the boss event. Ridiculous. The whole appeal of factions was the prizes. Now the prizes are a joke compared to the ones you get from these other events.

Tournai
04-22-2013, 06:39 AM
I find it sad that my top unit used to be one I got from being a top 250 faction. Now my top unit is one I got from the boss event. Ridiculous. The whole appeal of factions was the prizes. Now the prizes are a joke compared to the ones you get from these other events.

Indeed this is just a shame! Same goes for Kingdom Age, the LQT loots are much stronger and the Heroic mode crazy!

Agent Orange
04-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Interesting comments.

I stopped playing KA at the time of the changes mentioned.

MW has always been fluid in terms of strategy, sometimes good and sometimes bad. I agree that this new event really gives new players some advantage since they are able to bulk up a lot faster then those of us who have been playing since the very beginning. Granted I started a couple of LLPs to take advantage of the free gold bonuses and now these events a few months ago.

What I guess remains to be seem is how Gree works the rivals list pairing and if they also increase the top level from 250 to a higher number which may help spread things out. If not them everyone is on a collision course in the whale zone.

One thing for those that play for free or limited gold, I see these types of events and the battles as widening the gap between the whales and the rest so if the rivals list can keep things in perspective then this might not be too bad a thing though right now I suspect some L150 players are not happy about things...

megaants
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Camping is still valid I think. I rather complete several 50 boss event and get a 2.5k unit and doing LTQ once I can't do 50 boss anymore.

End results, camping to finish 50 boss will be way way better than doing LTQ at low level (without gold usage)

Max Power
04-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I totally agree with what is being said in this thread. I have played this game for well over a year now. Let me say I was one of those guys that didn't attack rivals just kept to myself just worked on my money buildings that was it.

That was me as well. After Crime City, I just didn't like a game where you could lose more by winning a battle than win. To me casualty rates were a major reason not to invest too much time into the game, and I just did missions and built buildings and worked on economy. I eventually worked my way to a level where my wall was constantly red, and it became even less fun. It was just a diversion when I was caught up in CC.

Than I actually started paying attention to the faction I joined and it added life into it. Then these insane events came along and through adding allies to get to 500 and completing both of the last two events, (plus adding the composites factory), my defense went from about 42k to now being at 138K, after leveling up 6 levels. Suddenly my wall is green and I can be a fighting asset to my faction.

Of course, this will probably continue, as Gree has had to make bank during these events, and we will all have to make a choice how much we want to spend and how important this thing is.

I agree that this is kind of a kick in the gut to the hard workers and campers that have been plugging away for a year, but the reality is, most of those people aren't spending any money, and without money, Gree goes away. As long as you are a non-spender, you have to take what comes in this for profit enterprise.

They guys I feel really bad for is the people who have spent but suddenly all they bought is practically worthless. That sucks. Will these recent units we have received someday fall into the same category? Time will tell, but past history will suggest that we will need to keep spending to stay at the same levels.....

Thief
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Sadly it is Dramatically changing the course of the game for the worse:

Basically it's "forcing" everyone to gain crazy amounts of XP for what today is considered a good unit. While it helps to solve the Casualty issue it also pushes everyone into the whale zone quicker than they were probably ready for.

The biggest issue i have is in KA they built a system around Modifiers/Weopons that reduce the number of hits/Energy/XP required to complete. This system was much better because your Energy is determined by your lvl while your "damage" done is based on Skill points and a Weopon and Armor. This means that some have advantages while in MW it's simply a matter of everyone getting the same XP and theoretically spending the same amount of gold (obviously energy/energy regen being the only factor)

Needless to say no one is forced to participate...but by not doing so you could be hurting your long run game.....or ability to compete in factions. Then again who knows what the next super units that come out tomorrow are going to look like?

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Needless to say no one is forced to participate...but by not doing so you could be hurting your long run game.....or ability to compete in factions. Then again who knows what the next super units that come out tomorrow are going to look like?

Agreed in full.

This thread is very informative, and many posters suspect what I have been thinking: The events push you into the whale zone where (1) you are all indestructible, but (2) someone 40 levels higher is more indestructible (and whips your ***), thus (3) you have to buy better gold units.

I've also noted that unit stats seem to increase 10%+ per war, making your old-and-hard-fought-for (I.e. expensive) units less valuable. One year from now your 2,000 att/def unit may not even show on your 45. While this is helpful for new players, it does alienate older ones.

Conceptfly
04-22-2013, 09:49 AM
It simply isn't true that you need to spend money. I have three accounts on both MW and KA and have successfully managed to stay strong for my level without camping, without avoid events and without spending real money on 4 of the 6 accounts. In fact, my top two modern war accounts have similar stats at almost the same level while only one of them is a gold account. My gold account I am at level 68 and have 56k attack and 61k defense, while my free account is at level 65 and has 53k attack and 55k defense... Not much different. My top free KA account is at level 46 and has 58k attack and 50k defense, which I started less than two months ago. Granted the one I've spent a few (not many except in war) gems on I have almost 100k attack at level 56, but still.

What I'm saying is that anyone can adapt to anything they throw at us if we use our heads. Obviously I share my strategies with my faction which has helped all of them progress much faster (those that listen) at whatever level they start.

Rodimus
04-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm not gonna lie these last two LTQ events have boosts my stats a ton. It cost me a lot of gold but the stats increase was awesome compared to how I have spent my gold previously.

I couldn't agree more, Pyrates! I too have an increase in stats since the last LTQ event and I couldn't be happier. Money well spent for indestructible units. I feel bad for the people who spent vaults of gold on one unit when you can spent 20 gold on an energy refill for this event, lol

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-22-2013, 10:21 AM
It simply isn't true that you need to spend money.

i couldn't agree more with this comment. However, you will find free play very different in another 40-50 levels. Yes, there are plenty of people at level 125 who blindly (stupidly) attack me while they are over-vault and leave me with a nice present in my News Feed, but there are plenty of sharks who have finally learned the game, bought gold units / gold-friendly events, and proceed to tear freebies apart.

Enjoy it while the going is good. Don't feel pressured to buy gold as long as you are having fun.

Thief
04-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I couldn't agree more, Pyrates! I too have an increase in stats since the last LTQ event and I couldn't be happier. Money well spent for indestructible units. I feel bad for the people who spent vaults of gold on one unit when you can spent 20 gold on an energy refill for this event, lol

This is part of the fundamental problem. Those that spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the game will need to keep spending in order to simply stay ahead of the curve. While i would expect that units would get better with time (and they certainly have...almost too quickly) when you look at how every month they are getting 10% better...now on top of that what was once 500-900 Gold can be obtained for like you said 20 gold. It's good to bring the game to the masses to allow small gold purchases to matter but your screwing your core cutomer base over in the process.....

Thief
04-22-2013, 10:28 AM
i couldn't agree more with this comment. However, you will find free play very different in another 40-50 levels. Yes, there are plenty of people at level 125 who blindly (stupidly) attack me while they are over-vault and leave me with a nice present in my News Feed, but there are plenty of sharks who have finally learned the game, bought gold units / gold-friendly events, and proceed to tear freebies apart.

Enjoy it while the going is good. Don't feel pressured to buy gold as long as you are having fun.

I couldn't agree more. Remember 100k @ lvl 100 5 months ago was a very respectable attack/Def. Now 200k for lvl 100 is only above Average. Add 6 months and we will be talking about 400k being above average for a lvl 100 player.

Max Power
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM

Exactly. In all Gree games you can be strong for a while, but eventually, you will get your butt kicked if you don't spend a lot on gold. I dare anyone above level 150 to say they are a strong free player with a straight face....LOL!

That's part of the lure in getting people to spend real money in the first place. Did anybody actually come here intending to spend the equivalent of rent on a stupid game like this? They suck you in by letting you get strong and then you don't want to give it up. Talkin strong at level 50 is just talk.

glitters
04-22-2013, 11:01 AM
"Whale zone" doesn't capture the true nature of the situation. It's called the "spending trap", and most of you will fall for it just like how so many KA players did.

groovdog
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
It simply isn't true that you need to spend money. I have three accounts on both MW and KA and have successfully managed to stay strong for my level without camping, without avoid events and without spending real money on 4 of the 6 accounts. In fact, my top two modern war accounts have similar stats at almost the same level while only one of them is a gold account. My gold account I am at level 68 and have 56k attack and 61k defense, while my free account is at level 65 and has 53k attack and 55k defense... Not much different. My top free KA account is at level 46 and has 58k attack and 50k defense, which I started less than two months ago. Granted the one I've spent a few (not many except in war) gems on I have almost 100k attack at level 56, but still.

What I'm saying is that anyone can adapt to anything they throw at us if we use our heads. Obviously I share my strategies with my faction which has helped all of them progress much faster (those that listen) at whatever level they start.No offense dude you are playing in the bush leagues on your gold account. 3 months will be 100/110 in 3 days or less. 3/4 of in last 2 weeks. My KA account at same point will be 330/310 by end of the night. This is the point people are making gold spenders are going to destroy a lot of work. It didnt bother me at first but once I realized this is permanent inflation requiring permanent cash into the game over and over I changed my mind. All I ever wanted was to be competitive despite starting late. Knew I would never catch alot of people. But probably gonna cut the cord on 2/3 of the Gree games I play since the money is gonna add up fast.

groovdog
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Minimum level for these LTQs seem to be level 40. If you're 40 or lower, you can still camp safely.Safe but utterly and forever irrelevant. Stay low now and the unit ramp will be impossible to catch unless you spend 3x what the people are spending now. By the time you have any chance (even spending) the game will be dead. Stat inflation will help you somewhat but probably not enough.

glitters
04-22-2013, 11:06 AM
If your level is low enough, you can still camp and build up stats in a XP-free way or with minimal XP gain.

glitters
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Safe but utterly and forever irrelevant. Stay low now and the unit ramp will be impossible to catch unless you spend 3x what the people are spending now. By the time you have any chance (even spending) the game will be dead. Stat inflation will help you somewhat but probably not enough.

I don't plan on becoming top dog of this game. Can anyone afford the cost?

If I maintain my level below that cut-off, I'll never encounter players who have super-boosted their stats through LTQs. For me that's a win because I've avoided the spending trap.

Besides, your point is quite invalid. If stats are inflating, isn't it better to wait for the inflation to stop before doing the LTQs? That way, you get better stat gain per XP gained.

Thief
04-22-2013, 11:14 AM
In the end...Play the game to have fun. Or Spend lots of money....it's your call.

Keep in mind Modifiers as they are the only thing that are garunteed to continue on in the game with you.

glitters
04-22-2013, 11:22 AM
^ Fun now, but frustration later. One needs to assess the whole picture before deciding to take the leap of faith. These LTQs are designed to be 'fun' because of the stats spike involved, but will quickly lead to frustration once the player realises his decision can't be reversed.

13Stalker
04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Im not sure if anyone else has already said this, but what is inevitable is that the 500 Allies / 2000 Units is going to be increased. It has to. As has been mentioned once you have 2000 indes units where the least of them have decent stats you have no need to buy money units or units of any kind for that matter. There are so many events and the giveaway units are getting so good and indes that there is no need to buy the limited edition gold units or crates.

I used to save my gold to buy crates as you usually got more power for the money. During these chain events the mid lvl units are as good or better then most of what you are going to get in a crate and you can get several of them without spending any gold. The only reason I am spending any gold on these chain events is because the units are too good and the amount of units available to be brought to battle has to be increased so I want to be ready when that happens.

groovdog
04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't plan on becoming top dog of this game. Can anyone afford the cost?

If I maintain my level below that cut-off, I'll never encounter players who have super-boosted their stats through LTQs. For me that's a win because I've avoided the spending trap.

Besides, your point is quite invalid. If stats are inflating, isn't it better to wait for the inflation to stop before doing the LTQs? That way, you get better stat gain per XP gained.The inflation will never stop which is the point you are missing. You always have to provide new toys to the spenders. If you start 500 units behind you will never catch up unless you spend the same. Example as KA is starting to get a little stingier with units and in you can see in MW the 2nd event was not quite as good as the first (after you saw them both completed, less valor, less gold, and less overall stats for more gold). They will stretch it out longer than KA has but it is coming.

If you like to play for playing sakes more power to you and I suggest you stay the course. Its supposed to be fun and as long as it is thats all that matters.

groovdog
04-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Im not sure if anyone else has already said this, but what is inevitable is that the 500 Allies / 2000 Units is going to be increased. It has to. No it doesnt. There are numerous coding issues with the old Funzio code that creates all sorts of problems that we all live with. My bet is this is not something they are even considering any time soon. Units are set at lvl 100 in all 3 games. If they wanted to change this they would already done so, probably along with the 250 level update. Adding units makes you less likely to do quests etc which impacts their cashflow. If you can add 500 units you dont need to upgrade the previous 2000, at least not for a while.

glitters
04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
The inflation will never stop which is the point you are missing. You always have to provide new toys to the spenders. If you start 500 units behind you will never catch up unless you spend the same. Example as KA is starting to get a little stingier with units and in you can see in MW the 2nd event was not quite as good as the first (after you saw them both completed, less valor, less gold, and less overall stats for more gold). They will stretch it out longer than KA has but it is coming.

If you like to play for playing sakes more power to you and I suggest you stay the course. Its supposed to be fun and as long as it is thats all that matters.

I believe the inflation will be endless so my choice will be to camp indefinitely. I think it's a sound decision that won't wear the player out.

Thief
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Im not sure if anyone else has already said this, but what is inevitable is that the 500 Allies / 2000 Units is going to be increased.

Sorry but i completely disagree it's inevitable. There is no reason it needs to happen. Doesn't mean that it won't but it will require so many code changes that it's not worth it for Gree to change this part of the system IMHO.

I believe the inflation will be endless so my choice will be to camp indefinitely. I think it's a sound decision that won't wear the player out.

Thats your call....If thats what you call fun. I understand your hesitation with LTQ as i'm only going 75% of the way through normal....but just as you fear the changes will make the game irreversible from your XP gained...you also need to remember that all games have shelf lives.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
...you also need to remember that all games have shelf lives.

In my opinion, this game's shelf life is being pushed ahead quite quickly for the old-timers (and though I've only posted a few months, I have played for years). Of course, there is a sucker born every minute.

Thief
04-22-2013, 12:53 PM
In my opinion, this game's shelf life is being pushed ahead quite quickly for the old-timers (and though I've only posted a few months, I have played for years). Of course, there is a sucker born every minute.

Yea i've seen in this last month dozens of players who have spent thousands of dollars simply up and sell off their base and go cold turkey. They are tired of the constant changes and unreliability from support and have moved on (if only we could all be that smart) As this trend continues i highly doubt there will be a "sucker" born for everyone that quits.

The question then becomes this time next year...will there be enough to keep it interesting?

Auspex
04-22-2013, 02:41 PM
I wish I could find the old posts on here that talked about new players (prior to WD and Factions) not being able to compete unless they shelled out huge amounts of cash and how Gree needed to find a way to attract new players as the game was dominated by the senior players and short of camping for years on end no one could challenge this without huge cash layouts.

I think Gree may have responded to the previous situation, now a relatively new player can at least be competitive in their level without being forced to spend huge amounts. The option to spend cash in smaller amounts for much larger gains brings along the herd of casual gold users. Certainly they are targeting a much larger audience now and not trying to support the game on the backs of the few hundred (maybe a thousand) mega spenders.

Besides who doesn't want a shiny new unit with great stats even if you level up getting them?

Conceptfly
04-22-2013, 04:13 PM
No offense dude you are playing in the bush leagues on your gold account. 3 months will be 100/110 in 3 days or less. 3/4 of in last 2 weeks. My KA account at same point will be 330/310 by end of the night. This is the point people are making gold spenders are going to destroy a lot of work. It didnt bother me at first but once I realized this is permanent inflation requiring permanent cash into the game over and over I changed my mind. All I ever wanted was to be competitive despite starting late. Knew I would never catch alot of people. But probably gonna cut the cord on 2/3 of the Gree games I play since the money is gonna add up fast.

What you and others are saying is meaningless without stating levels and attack/defense numbers. If you are comparing straight numbers and your accounts are at the same level as I am then congratulations. If you are level 120 plus I'm not impressed at all (no offense).

procsyzarc
04-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Whale zone really isn’t as scary as people try to make it sound, yes there are people with over 1M attack/defense but why would they bother with you for 100BP when they can attack other players closer to their stats for 1000BP.
I am far from a whale myself but even I will only check peoples bases if they are at least a general and L200 since anything less isn’t worth it, once in a base unless I am really just trying to quickly use some stam I will leave if the person is not at least 350k defense to find someone more worthwhile.

There do seem to be safe spots in whale zone and increasing stats does not mean you are safer, part of the reason I will probably go free once I run out of gold since increasing stats in many cases is counterproductive. When I was L200 with 150K defense I would very rarely get attacked and could quite safely go over vault without too much fear of being attacked (of course if someone did find me I would have all their friends visiting until I went back under vault) and easily brought all the original 100M+ LE buildings when the vault limit was 10M.
Now I am getting closer to 500k defense I get attacked a lot more since I am actually worth decent BP and I would imagine as my stats increase it will get worse.

TLDR: Don’t fear whale zone it is a lot more fun than camping, and it doesn’t matter how much you camp you will never be safe

Kostaki
04-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Agree with what is being said about inflation, but I'm keeping with my camping strategy, at least for my llp. I'm like a bouey, the waves will pass me by but I will stay put.

Reason to stay a camper is bc gree changes the game too much... I those who change the strategy to keep up only play into there hands and will be behind the curve. To crack the code as a free(ish) player, you gotta stick with a plan despite the changes.

ertrifo
04-23-2013, 06:03 PM
I think these events are giving a chance to weaker players to win some good units considering that the factions are stacked and it is always the same players taking all of the best prizes at the moment

Agent Orange
04-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Exactly. In all Gree games you can be strong for a while, but eventually, you will get your butt kicked if you don't spend a lot on gold. I dare anyone above level 150 to say they are a strong free player with a straight face....LOL!

That's part of the lure in getting people to spend real money in the first place. Did anybody actually come here intending to spend the equivalent of rent on a stupid game like this? They suck you in by letting you get strong and then you don't want to give it up. Talkin strong at level 50 is just talk.

I agree I find it highly unlikely that there are many if any really strong 'free' players. JMC is probably the strongest of those of us who have spent very little (under $100 real money) on this game and last I saw his stats were in the 200+/200+ range. But the problem in the whale zone is we have guys and gals with several million in stats and they continue to widen the gap.

Now the one assumption folks are making with these events is that it's allowing players to catch up, however wouldn't it seem logical that those high stat players would also see the advantage in doing these events and since they have the resources to already maintain high stats wouldn't it make sense for them to complete said events.

If that's the case it nullifies any gain the rest would achieve...