PDA

View Full Version : Base decorations

Thenoob
04-20-2013, 08:26 AM
I have never seen any on anyone's base. My base is loaded with trees a barrels. Is it only something that only you can see cause even guys in my faction can't see the base art I made

ProCision
04-20-2013, 08:33 AM
none of the base decorations are cool. We need roads and fences that are at 90 degrees.

Thenoob
04-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Great answer thanks ...... O_o

lastmast2
04-20-2013, 08:47 AM
I can see them on rival bases, idk how it works with allies.
I have some base art too, would love to see yours, can you pm me your id?

Thenoob
04-20-2013, 09:14 AM
All I have is my factions name lol and every spot is filled with trees

Flavious Flav
04-20-2013, 01:53 PM
I can see them on rival bases, idk how it works with allies.
I have some base art too, would love to see yours, can you pm me your id?

I just assumed the decorations were for you only. I have never seen any decoration on a rival or allies base. Is there a setting that allows you to see decorations on other bases?

thunder
04-20-2013, 04:31 PM
I heard you can only see decorations on other people bases if you are on android

PITA4PRES
04-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I am Android and can confirm that I can see decorations. I do have decorations on my base but only did it because of trying to complete a mission.

DFI
04-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I have trees as I am eco friendly and have deep concerns about climate change. Let me now go and upgrade my drilling rigs.

Whodi
04-20-2013, 06:00 PM
On my Android I can see decorations but on my iPhone I cannot.

Generik79
04-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Only Android can see base decorations, as stated. If you are iOS, they are just for you. I enjoy my roads, etc., I don't care who sees them. It's up to you. Depends if your are a base builder or not, I suppose.

Update: The Devs should fix this. It's really pretty weak that no one can see items people spend a long time working for and some of which the game's goals ask you to get. Hopefully, they will take note. Though it is low priority.

Oceanz
04-20-2013, 07:19 PM
On my Android I can see decorations but on my iPhone I cannot.

Interesting. I'm exclusively on Android and figured everyone could always see decorations on either platform. Some people really take the time to spell out things with contrasting colored barrels, or plant hundreds if not thousands of trees to separate certain areas or surround buildings. It's a neat little bonus to raiding/visiting a base if the person put in some effort.

My own decorations are mainly just the goals they give you, ie "build 6 barbed wire fences" or "place 10 barrels"

Stacey
04-21-2013, 08:44 AM
I am on iOS and have never seen any decorations on other bases. I spent way too much time adding decorations to improve my base to have them go unseen by others. I was however doing them as part of a goal set forth in the game. From what I understand the purchase 150 decorations is the last one of its type.

FromAfar
04-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Early on they disabled this on ios to speed data or graphics, from what I heard over a year ago. I've got a little bit of base art. I can tell when an android guy stops by. :)

Jd-fors
04-21-2013, 10:16 AM
There were times when vault size was small i would plant trees as a sort of savings account.sell them back at half value but hey better than being overvault.doesnt seem as important now with vault increases.

commander Don
04-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Can you see mine ok Noob ?

Muse_boa
04-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I have trees as I am eco friendly and have deep concerns about climate change. Let me now go and upgrade my drilling rigs.

Lol, i wonder who would bother to buy plants, but now i know, the eco-friendly types, good luck with your oildrilling

RetroEd
04-21-2013, 03:56 PM
I read a long time back that it was to reduce demand on servers as it was slowing things down - as Afar mentioned.

I assumed no one could see my base decorations and just did the minimum required to meet objectives; and what i did looks aweful! Practical though :)

When Gree fix it or IOS i will start taking more pride over it