PDA

View Full Version : Chance to get old LE buildings some day

groovdog
04-20-2013, 01:24 AM
As a newer player I would like the chance to some day buy all the LE buildings that were done before I even started playing.

I know it is theory a reward for time served but in the end you still have to pay for them. And the cynical side of me says that Gree could make some money off of us newer players would would probably have to drop real $ to get them all within say a 20 day window like the current LE quest.

You could add a quest like the current one that would even potentially modestly reward those who have them, so those who already have them could benefit from their previous efforts.

Oceanz
04-20-2013, 01:51 AM
While I would love to have the opportunity again to buy my first Anniversary Building (for example, even though I'd have to raid my butt off to get the funds together), I've accepted that some things (LE buildings, LE units, etc) are rewards for people who have been playing longer than you and I. Again, I would love to see the option, but they kind of rewarded people who were with them longer. Can't hate on that.

soulnmysole
04-20-2013, 02:32 AM
If you weren't around for Modern War's 1 Year Anniversary, then why the hell should you be given the privilege of being able to purchase the AC building? SMH

What about the people who spent real money buy the AC when it was released? What about the players who grinded and grinded, raiding and PvP'ing in order to buy them? How big of a slap in the face would it be to them?

Stop being so selfish and get over the fact that you missed your opportunity. If you missed out, too bad. Why can't you just be happy with the fact that Gree releases LE building with every WD event? Why doesn't that satisfy you?

Oceanz
04-20-2013, 02:37 AM
^i said the same thing, but nicer :cool:

HunterKiller
04-20-2013, 03:04 AM
What about those of us who have been playing since the game started, but were not able to get the buildings due to glitches? I would certainly like the chance to get them now that I am finally able to get LE buildings.
What is so wrong with some of us just trying to catch back up to the rest of you after the monkeys at gree set us back so much?

HunterKiller
04-20-2013, 03:13 AM
I guess what I am saying is that it is not just the new people who want the old LE buildings, some of us have not had a perfect glitch free game like others have and just want what we should have been able to play for back when they came out.

groovdog
04-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Like I said you provide another form of reward to those who were here. IPH is so fundamental to the game you basically are putting up a permanent barrier.

You think I wont have to spend real money? Most of these buildings havent been around that long and if I started that recently I will be buying most of them with real money as well, as the one thing you cant do in these games is reasonably compensate for someone having a 1 yr IPH advantage on you. I can spreadsheet all day and have the absolute optimal IPH upgrade path (I pretty much do) and still not get anywhere near you guys unless I dump tens of thousands of gold. I bought the current LE with real money because my IPH cant get there and I cant keep letting these permanent advantages get away.

And if you think your advantage will hold I take it you dont play KA. Look at the last LTQ event here (intel) and see where your advantage is. If they keep it up they are going to make it a pay to play game outright via stat inflation. This proposal might be a way to give them some money without devaluing all the time, effort, and money you have previously put in.

But you can let the game stagnant not have any new players and keep playing with the same people if that makes you happy. Oh and selfish, I have to laugh, POT MEET KETTLE. You think a couple LEs are gonna make me competitive with you in the next 6 months? Not likely.

lastmast2
04-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Stop being so selfish and get over the fact that you missed your opportunity. If you missed out, too bad. Why can't you just be happy with the fact that Gree releases LE building with every WD event? Why doesn't that satisfy you?

Wtf you call him selfish while you're like "Haha I have em, nobody else should get it anymore!..."

S&H Max
04-20-2013, 10:20 AM
I' not sure if they should bring them back cause they are LE, thats the purpose.

Still the 3 first LE (I'm lucky I got a Villa) are really stronger than the best non-LE building so those 3 buildings really create a gap,

I dont think bringing them back is sthe solution, but some non-LE stronger money building could probably help to clsoe the gap while letting a advantage to those who succed to buy those LE!

Brahmin
04-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Still the 3 first LE (I'm lucky I got a Villa) are really stronger than the best non-LE building so those 3 buildings really create a gap,

This, I believe is the crux of the matter. I'm a new player as well, but while I don't think they need to bring back old LE building they should make the newer ones pay out better. One can build their entire economy out of the first several LE buildings. This is not the case with the last couple LE's.

S&H Max
04-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I think the new curragh is not so bad, its easy to afford 2 of them, and at level 4 the IPH boost is similar to the old LE, sure it cost more to get their bu I dont mine about upgrades that I dont need to go over-vault for or at least not too much over vault, anything under 100mil I can do easily! The best part is you just need to buy them now while you can an upgrade them as you can cause you will already have the building!

Also remember that for the AC vault limit was 10mil so a lot more over-vaulting needed!

groovdog
04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Well that was my gist but problem is new buildings just widens the disparity just like the current LE quest does. You get massive IPH and more atk/def. I am already looking for the next MW where I can start competitive because if you havent been around a long time you will never be competitive without massive spending. I say that (ie massive) already having many of the gold buildings and having insti upgraded 6 unit buildings for Intel LTQ because I would have NEVER upgraded them otherwise.

Smokey Jalapeņos
04-20-2013, 11:57 AM
As a basically free player, I worked really hard to get one AC and one AMR and missed out on the AV. I didn't do all that with a low vault limit for someone to coast in and get one of them now. If that were to happen, I'd leave, as any LE quest, building etc would no longer have any credibility. And this is from a guy who now has a very high vault and could get one more each of the first 2 LE's if they came out again. LE should truly mean that.
New high yield LE buildings though, sure sounds great. Inflation on several fronts is a concern in this game.

Chimera
04-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Relax.
If you have the LEs don't think you have a permanent advantage. Likewise, if you don't have them don't worry. The game has been changing since the beginning and will continue to change.
At some point these LEs will not be as valuable. Some future game feature will make the LEs seem of lesser value. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to get the Nano. Not now. A Nano's relative value has significantly changed.
Don't worry. The game will change.

PITA4PRES
04-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I was around when the anniversary center was available but was a new player and knew I could never afford to get even one unless I'd have won 100 million or a billion from a scratcher. I'm disappointed I didn't get the earlier buildings but I can't expect them to bring them back just to please me because I didn't have the cash at the time to get them. With that being said if they brought it back I would love it and definitely want to try to afford one although probably still couldn't even at this stage depending upon when they did it. If they did bring them back for a brief period I think it would have to be a minimum level to be able to purchase them. It would be a reward of sorts for players such as myself that just couldn't afford it the first time around or newer players that may have spent gold in order to be able to level up to get to that point.

I also think they should have started the LE buildings out at a lower cost and gradually increased the amounts as they did with the Jinai facility and now the Curragh building. For me these are now more affordable as I was able to get both Jinai facilities and am working on trying to get my second Curragh. I still probably would not have had the money even then but at least would have felt more attainable.

machette
04-20-2013, 03:37 PM
I just built 2 villas within the last 2 days

groovdog
04-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Relax.
If you have the LEs don't think you have a permanent advantage. Likewise, if you don't have them don't worry. The game has been changing since the beginning and will continue to change.
At some point these LEs will not be as valuable. Some future game feature will make the LEs seem of lesser value. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to get the Nano. Not now. A Nano's relative value has significantly changed.
Don't worry. The game will change.Well your comments are prophetic. I have been saying if Gree went down the same path they have gone in KA that it wouldn't matter and tonight's quest validates that IPH is going to be useless. So I dont care anymore. In fact not going to even overvault (you guys with big vaults forget how long it takes even to get to 10mil, try 3 months) to get the 2nd one. All of the LE buildings are now superfluous glitter as cash is now going to only be for faction donations. You will get all your units from either LTQ indes units or valor from same. The game is changing right before our eyes as you suggested and its happening now. Its gonna take about 4 months for dragons (best cash unit) to be basically worthless to the high end KA player. Honor (valor) has been worthless for far longer. How long is it gonna be in MW? Timer started 2 weeks ago.

DFI
04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
I you want to pony up cash, you can always join the league of high IPHers. So I don't think going back is necessary - just upgrade the LE building to level 5 or 6. One question is what does it mean to be successful? Trust me, if you aren't willing to spend money, you will never play in the majors. I don't have such aspirations, so perhaps that is why my perspective is different. The buildings and units actually tell me how long someone hasbeen playing the game, so I'd like to keep it that way, as an identifier. One can always buy the CEC, then spend real cash to upgrade to whatever you would like. So it all depends on how seriously you take this game. I have an ADR and never spent a dime on this game and plan to keep it that way. I've told myself that the days do, I will walk away.