PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else seeing odd raiding losses?

Devin
04-20-2013, 12:14 AM
I have had this happen to me 3 or more times now. At first I thought I was mistaken, but started taking notice and recording info. Now, it appears there is a problem.

What occurs is that I appear to get raided, but from my GUI perspective there is nothing the attacker could have raided, and I have no buildings that indicate that they were raided. Based on dollar amounts of the raid, I can sometimes guess what the attacker would have needed to raid, but those buildings had been collected hours prior and/or are in the middle of regenerating. Sometimes many hours and multiple log ins would have occurred. Also, sometimes it seems like I was raided for buildings that I literally was waiting for to collect so no opportunity to have been raided.

I can now also confirm I'm losing money from it. The most recent example, I collected my arctic mining rigs as soon as ready, about an hour ago, and had 353 million. Just now, I logged in, and it says I lost 12mil in raids and now have 341m. No buildings worth 12mil said they were raided.

Anyone else seeing? I've submitted a ticket (531679).

Thanks,
Devin

Oceanz
04-20-2013, 12:20 AM
not sure Devin, i was collecting some of my money buildings earlier, and saw a News item say I was raided about 30 seconds earlier, but didn't see the Wrench icon...so maybe they raided one of the buildings I was collecting just once and the system didn't have time to show the "you got 2/3 of the money you were supposed to" or whatever message, but you said it was hours prior, so I don't really know!

Notorious94
04-20-2013, 12:41 AM
I have had a similar thing, not in tr region of 12mil, maybe couple hundred K, it will tell me about it hour after I collect the building, sometimes the time says moments ago, sometimes the time will say an earlier time, but I have logged on 8/10 times since collecting the building and it didn't tell me before that, next time I might submit a ticket if this is a bug that others also get

Paisthecoolest
04-20-2013, 07:18 AM
I see this everyone in a while. It sometimes benefits me too. I will be raided but can still collect the full amount. Other times I collect the full amount, get raided, and lose money I had already collected and vaulted.

Agent Orange
04-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Only way that I can see this happening that is legit is if you stay logged into the app. It doesn't seem to want to refresh if you let your IOS device go dormant or into sleep mode.

Then attacks don't immediately register and your base looks normal, buildings look Unraided and uncollected and it appears as if you can collect them fully. But once you click off your base you suddenly see your cash drop and a raid report turn up.

If that isn't what's happening to you then it sounds like the same problem McDoc was reporting a few months ago.

Devin
04-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi AO :) I don't stay logged into mw ... More the opposite, I log in, collect my buildings or wait for the money icon to appear and then collect, and log back out.

Whether this is possible, I don't know... But it's like I collect my buildings and get the cash, but the server side still thinks my buildings are raidable, but my local mw view thinks they've been fully collected. Then a rival lands on my base, which from my perspective I've fully collected.. But they get the view of a bunch of raidable buildings. They raid, get money, and then next time I log in after the raid my local system sync's up. I have no idea if that's possible, I'm just inventing a scenario which describes the symptoms I'm seeing.

Thanks,
Devin

Golf4life
04-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi AO :) I don't stay logged into mw ... More the opposite, I log in, collect my buildings or wait for the money icon to appear and then collect, and log back out.

Whether this is possible, I don't know... But it's like I collect my buildings and get the cash, but the server side still thinks my buildings are raidable, but my local mw view thinks they've been fully collected. Then a rival lands on my base, which from my perspective I've fully collected.. But they get the view of a bunch of raidable buildings. They raid, get money, and then next time I log in after the raid my local system sync's up. I have no idea if that's possible, I'm just inventing a scenario which describes the symptoms I'm seeing.

Thanks,
Devin

ive only noticed the ghost raid once or twice, but not as of late.

maybe they supercharged it for the LTQ coming today...oh boy :-)

mwmark
04-20-2013, 08:06 AM
I've had the same thing happen as Devin, I was waiting for a building to collect, money symbol popped up a few seconds later and I collected the full amount. And like a couple hours later I got a news thing that I was raided for the amount that they would have gotten from the building I collected, I had no other raidable buildings at the time of this news event. I logged out and back in, went to my base and there were no buildings with the wrench. My cash position decreased in line with how much I lost in the raid.

To me there is either a time or lag issue with the news feed or something. The above example is the best one I have because I waited for my building to be collectable, so the chances of getting raided in the second I collect is rare. I've had this issue happen to me before but couldn't rule out that I didnt collect fast enough.

manlikesam
04-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes I have had this problem , I raided a person same level as me , he had a defense of 4,000 and my attack is 40,000 and I lose a hardened marine 30/35 and a Stryker which isn't the best but cost 300,000 I feel that that was stupid , does this happen to you others ?

Archadius
04-20-2013, 09:44 AM
I have noticed something else that I found weird. I got attacked by someone with very few units, attack strength was like 700 my defense is about 3700 I attacked back and my attack is 4000+ his defense is about 300 and I LOST every time. So what's the point of playing this game and collecting units if you can glitch the game and just cheat though it?

Account in question is mw named zzzzzzzzz

Archadius
04-20-2013, 10:37 PM
I have noticed something else that I found weird. I got attacked by someone with very few units, attack strength was like 700 my defense is about 3700 I attacked back and my attack is 4000+ his defense is about 300 and I LOST every time. So what's the point of playing this game and collecting units if you can glitch the game and just cheat though it?

Account in question is mw named zzzzzzzzz

Ok now he's leveled up 9 levels in one day and has 2000 attack ?!?

Jhenry02
04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Devin, happens to me daily.

SevenO9
04-21-2013, 05:47 AM
@OP: Yes, happens to me once a while. Seemed more frequent shortly after DST changes but still happens now.

johnnybravoo77
04-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Devin, its kind of a game glitch. Just the way server based games work. If i find someone who has a lot of good buildings to raid, i will raid what I can, but stay at their base, not logging out of the game. While my stamina recovers, you could log in, collect your buildings, but things dont change on my end. Once i regain some stamina, ill continue to raid your buildings, but it doesnt effect you because you collected before I raided them. Its kinda of a time delay thing.