PDA

View Full Version : What do you spend respect points on?

panty sniffer
04-19-2013, 04:21 AM
I'm lv 49 and I've been spending my respect points on Yamaha bikes. Reason is vehicles are insanely expensive an most difficult to come by. The sawn-off shotgun and NVG binoculars have great stats for the price and I've given in to temptation many times and have about 20 of each. Explosives are prohibitively expensive for RP but non-consumable which makes them valueable.

So what do you spend your Rp's on and why. Can lvl 50+ and especially 100+ tell me with hindsight what they think is the best investment? Should I be saving my RP instead of buying a bunch of Yams?

(CCK) Cam
04-19-2013, 04:33 AM
I'm level 169, I think u should save to buy the big stuff like RPG and excelero and Deadly Barrel

Bala82
04-19-2013, 04:39 AM
I would save them up WAIT until you unlock all respect items ( aim you should have at least 10,000 respect save up at your level) .

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 04:46 AM
Do not buy RPG or exelero.

Mild spending on mid-range stuff is ok, for a little boost, but you should be banking a % of your RP.

Stay away from sawn-off's, they'll quickly become redundant, or at least of marginal benefit. YRB and NVB are ok, providing decent bang for your buck, but don't go nuts. 100 is probably enough, 200 is definitely way too many.

Any other RP item that isn't the top of the tree, or at least 2nd top is quickly going to become a waste.

Bala82
04-19-2013, 04:52 AM
RPG are good and cheap

BigMoney
04-19-2013, 05:01 AM
The advice about RPGs and Exeleros is a moot point for the OP, since he can't spend his RP on them anyway-- RPGs don't become available for purchase until level 100, and Exeleros until level 115.

I think when I was a level 49, I bought a bunch of Night Vision Binoculars, mainly because you can't buy any armor items that give you any significant amount of attack at that level, regardless of how rich you are (so the NVBs actually added more to my attack stat than any other RP item at that level could, and that was the stat I needed to work on). I also bought some Yamahas, but mainly because the nice (or comparable) cash vehicles were prohibitively expensive for me at that point.

Edit: just checked my inventory after reading bald zeemer's post. I had purchased exactly 150 NVBs. I believe I was basing that off someone's guide to getting the golden weapons, which apparently used to be a lot more difficult back before the massive stat inflation.

Bala82
04-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Yes big money right the player is at low level .

Here what i spend respect
50 Tommy guns
50 Sawn off shotgun
10 Colombian knife
10 Serrated blade
50 Chain whips
100 combat boots
100 Night vision binoculars
10 full combat gear
20 mustang
20 Yamaha bike

10,500 Respect saved up for RPGs when it unlocks

Munch on it
04-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Think I've brought about 20 sawn off shotguns with my other account and have 120,000 respect saved its at level 83

Stav
04-19-2013, 05:20 AM
I am level 128 saving my respect for the machete that unlocks at level 130.
37k respect saved so far. They are 6,750 each so that won't buy many.

panty sniffer
04-19-2013, 05:25 AM
Thanks for all your replies .

I'm at:
7 sawn off
14 tommy gun
10 Columbian knives
16 NVB
1 TNT bundle
34 Mustang
63 YAMS

I'm all about spending RP for vehicles and still don't have enough for all mafia. 253 vehicles.

Edit: correction. I have enough vehicles but more YAMS will increase my stats meaningfully replacing junkers and hatchbacks.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 05:31 AM
RPG are good and cheap

They're certainly cheap. But they aren't very good. Even if you got 300 of them you'd only push your stats by somewhere around 4-5k (depending on your inventory, obviously) - and that's at level 100 - so you'll be against a tier 1 boss, where 10k makes nearly no difference at all.
Spending the same RP on the top explosives would give you 11 doomsdays, or an 1100 boost - one that would probably stay on your ORBAT more or less forever (unless you go gold, in which case RP is almost completely moot). By level 130-140 those RPGs will add more or less nothing, but you'll still be getting a solid 1100 from the explosives.

murf
04-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm currently spending my RP on Assassin's Coat (55/126 for 10k RP) for me it's the best bang for RP and will never be replaced.

For those saying to buy the old top-tier RP items...here's what I own and what I use of those:

RPGs: own 380 - use 355 for attack / 0 for defense
Full Combat Gear: own 333 - use 0 / 0
Chain Whips: own 413 - use 329 / 320
Exceleros: own 404 - use 404 / 0

I also own some NVB, Yamahas, etc that aren't used

In hindsight, I've wasted a ton of RP on weapons that I'm currently phasing out and I don't buy gold for weapons. So, the answer is time dependent, long-term you should save your RP for only the top RP weapons, but if you want short-term gratification or need a stat boost today, then things change.

MrL
04-19-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm lv 49 and I've been spending my respect points on Yamaha bikes. Reason is vehicles are insanely expensive an most difficult to come by. The sawn-off shotgun and NVG binoculars have great stats for the price and I've given in to temptation many times and have about 20 of each. Explosives are prohibitively expensive for RP but non-consumable which makes them valueable.

So what do you spend your Rp's on and why. Can lvl 50+ and especially 100+ tell me with hindsight what they think is the best investment? Should I be saving my RP instead of buying a bunch of Yams?

Hi,

Most of the replies are from people talking about their own purchases for their level so they are not relevant.

As you may know up to a maximum of 500 mafia members (level depending) can be armed with 1 item form each of your inventory categories everytime you fight or rob.

It is ALWAYS the hardest to equip them with vehicles - so buy them.

Guns, melee, armour & explosives are cheaper to buy and that is the reason why vehicles make a much better buy for your respect.

L

Nighteg
04-19-2013, 08:04 AM
I only buy Doomsday grenades. So far i got 4. 496 to go.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Guns, melee, armour & explosives are cheaper to buy and that is the reason why vehicles make a much better buy for your respect.
In what parallel universe are vehicles harder to equip than explosives?

Noting, of course, that consumables are an expensive and pointless ego boost.

murf
04-19-2013, 08:34 AM

But with the farmable non-consumable explosives (I'm maxed out on TLC), I find that that Assassin's Coat is a slightly better bang for your RP (Doomsday is better for attack though). The only 3 items I will be spending RP on are Assassin's Coat, Clean End and Doomsday Frag.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Exactly.

Long term you'll fill explosive, melee and armor with RP. Guns and Vehicles with cash.
Fill the gaps in explosives with farmables, event items and (ideally) gold.

Any other (non-gold) strategy is madness - taking minor short-term gains by hamstringing yourself in the long term.

Tommy Two Toes
04-19-2013, 09:21 AM
I haven't spent any of my respect points in-game.

I've been trading all mine in for :
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/24214000/ngbbs504e751b1a1fc.png

MrL
04-19-2013, 09:24 AM

This chap is looking for advice on respect purchases. He is level 49.

Up until level 89 cars are the most expensive inventory you can buy.

Regarding explosives you obviously have don't have high IPH as they are essential.

murf
04-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Exactly.

Long term you'll fill explosive, melee and armor with RP. Guns and Vehicles with cash.
Fill the gaps in explosives with farmables, event items and (ideally) gold.

Any other (non-gold) strategy is madness - taking minor short-term gains by hamstringing yourself in the long term.

Someone who sees the world as I do...very refreshing...

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Regarding explosives you obviously have don't have high IPH as they are essential.
True, my IPH is weak, but I just bought unstable cores instead. Seems to do the trick.

murf
04-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi,

Most of the replies are from people talking about their own purchases for their level so they are not relevant.

L

If you want to play this game for a few weeks, then make purchases for your level. Since he specifically asked for higher-level players to respond, he is thinking longer term.

Long term strategy dictates in this game to always buy the best, or you will eventually replace earlier purchases. Save your RP, invest in your economy and eventually you can buy all the high-end in-game cash weapons (which are better then RPG's, CWs, FBG, Exceleros) and some high-end RP weapons when they unlock

Ben Weston
04-19-2013, 10:12 AM
respect points spent on anything other than the top items is wasted in the long run, we all have some mid level stuff and all regret it.

MisguidedAngel
04-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Are the doomsday frags really worth the 28k rps?

I have 100k rps now, but im not sure what to spend it on..

Bala82
04-19-2013, 11:13 AM

You need look at your inventory see which area you are weak in ?

murf
04-19-2013, 01:55 PM
You need look at your inventory see which area you are weak in ?

Don't agree with this at all....what you have now is irrelevant to what you will have in the long-term. If you always think short-term you will always be weaker then you could have been in the long-term

in-game j
04-19-2013, 01:59 PM

in the long run, yes.

Justsimply
04-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I've bought 400 yam race bikes before lvl 115. That's what I spent all my respect points on before the new items. Now it's non consumable explosives or high end guns/cars. Amour is cheap and melee cash weapons are decent enough to buy a few high each day. I've got 33k respect points saved currently and will spend them on that deadly gun. 48 attack points and at 3k respect points is pretty much the best stat point gain per respect points spent

MoarKrabs
04-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I spent a horde of respect points to buy Exeleros about two weeks before the new weapon sets were released. Heh, **** happens. But so far, I have about 117k points saved for the last RP vehicle, doomsday frags, etc.

BigMoney
04-19-2013, 03:56 PM

Something tells me bald zeemer could probably get along just fine without any explosives whatsoever.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 04:58 PM
True, but I do quite like the 100k raw attack that they're giving me. ;)

shaman01
04-19-2013, 05:34 PM
i buy colombian knife