PDA

View Full Version : Crate Nerf

The_Don
04-18-2013, 09:11 PM
I bought a triple crate for 175 Gold. I got two commons with 19a 29d and an uncommon at 74a 54d

I think crate items have been nerfed.

Tommy Two Toes
04-18-2013, 09:58 PM
I bought a triple crate for 175 Gold. I got two commons with 19a 29d and an uncommon at 74a 54d

I think crate items have been needed.

Based on your sample size of one, I think we should jump to conclusions, and burn Crime City to the ground.

sister morphine
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SdY5TtGAMd4/TSJ5AYYYwqI/AAAAAAAAEGo/2YfA43CuCaQ/s1600/torch+mob.jpg

The_Don
04-18-2013, 10:58 PM
OK, add in the other dozen or so triple crates I've bought that never had a common under 75k a or d, then you have a 8% chance of crappy returns. I still think its a drastic reduction in ROI.

sister morphine
04-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Seems to be a fubar on the current crates (a similar thing happened with an earlier set). It might happen the rubbish commons will be replaced, but don't hold your breath for Gree to replace the junk with the stuff they should have put in to begin with

NTM
04-18-2013, 11:40 PM
i dont buy this crate.. if u have 3 comon look at the stat...

lol... and u have always 3 comon...

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 12:12 AM
OK, add in the other dozen or so triple crates I've bought that never had a common under 75k a or d, then you have a 8% chance of crappy returns. I still think its a drastic reduction in ROI.

So why on earth did you buy it?

The items are listed, plain as day. Everybody can see what's in them. You bought a 3-set and got 66% commons and 33% uncommons, a result almost perfectly in line with states percentage chances. If you are unhappy with the result, the fault is entirely yours.

zwiswoo
04-19-2013, 12:19 AM

I think crate items have been needed.

Okay so here's how it works:

If you press the blue 'i' button next to the crate you can see the stats for the items in it. It's a great trick, works for scratchers too.

The oblique yellow rectangles next to the numbers you see on items signify the amount of gold you'd have to spend to get one of them. So a single crate is sixty gold, three crates cost 175 gold (with better odds) and a scratcher is twenty gold. This even works for regular items, like the 'Pile of Dynamite' is sixty gold right now.

Now here's where I really blow your mind: when you see those same numbers on items, but without the yellow rectangle and with a dollar sign, it means you can get them for *in-game* cash. So they're like free. It's awesome. There's also a tricky third kind of item which you can obtain for something called 'respect' but one thing at a time. Baby steps.

One last fact of interest: these numbers all respect arithmetic operations. So if one of a thing is 50 gold (or cash!), ten of the thing will cost you 500 gold. Or cash. Because 500 is fifty times ten, and the units carry through. To be clear, I mean ten 50-gold items will cost 500 gold, while ten 50-cash items will cost 500 cash.

Hope that helps.

The_Don
04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Oh my gawd

jobadass
04-19-2013, 07:18 PM

I think crate items have been needed.NEVER buy crates with crappy commons. Crates are awesome, when they're awesome.

Mistress Nikita
04-19-2013, 09:43 PM

I think crate items have been nerfed.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Did you not look at what you were buying before handing over your money?

sister morphine
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Okay so here's how it works:

If you press the blue 'i' button next to the crate you can see the stats for the items in it. It's a great trick, works for scratchers too.

The oblique yellow rectangles next to the numbers you see on items signify the amount of gold you'd have to spend to get one of them. So a single crate is sixty gold, three crates cost 175 gold (with better odds) and a scratcher is twenty gold. This even works for regular items, like the 'Pile of Dynamite' is sixty gold right now.

Now here's where I really blow your mind: when you see those same numbers on items, but without the yellow rectangle and with a dollar sign, it means you can get them for *in-game* cash. So they're like free. It's awesome. There's also a tricky third kind of item which you can obtain for something called 'respect' but one thing at a time. Baby steps.

One last fact of interest: these numbers all respect arithmetic operations. So if one of a thing is 50 gold (or cash!), ten of the thing will cost you 500 gold. Or cash. Because 500 is fifty times ten, and the units carry through. To be clear, I mean ten 50-gold items will cost 500 gold, while ten 50-cash items will cost 500 cash.

Hope that helps.
http://lornaland.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/sarcasm-class.png