PDA

View Full Version : Bonus program stupidity

procsyzarc
04-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Gree go to this stupid new program which yet to see a single person in favor because the person dealing with it was so overloaded they couldn't keep up with the requests.

People have been asking genuine questions here ie exchange rate issues, but threads get closed and told to submit a ticket to support, which then gets sent on to Kristin anyway to which they get generic answers which don’t answer the question.

How does this make sense? Wouldn’t it be make a lot more sense to have a proper Q&A here where everyone can get the answers rather than have 100’s of people sending the same questions to Kristin further overloading her meaning people have longer waits to get their issues sorted, while those with the questions get frustrated going round in circles not getting the answers.

Gree not sure what is the logic behind these decisions but you have lost a lot of customers over this, personally I thank you however. This new program is going to save me over $18,000.00 a year which would have been wasted on these games, now I need to find something else to piss my money away on.

Devin
04-18-2013, 08:44 PM
QNot to mention, it's all a little shady. It's not like this is a random eBay purchase where the buyer and seller don't know each other and need protections like 'this pricing may change at any time or be cancelled' or whatever other words were attached to the bonus program (which, originally, you needed to know the secret handshake to get into otherwise nobody told you there was free gold if only you knew the right email to send to get it).

I'd trust gree can figure out how to post a price and stand by it for the term of a month or whatever and post (as you say) and official document somewhere (best right inside the game help section) about the pricing and terms and conditions. This is the one thing I'm shocked they don't do - make it easier, faster, more predictable for their big spenders to spend big. Even with an automated process I hope for good documentation.

On the bright side, the optimist in me thinks gree knows this, and to avoid all the crap of it is trying to automate it - which is great news (although i still wish for good documentation about it).

Personally, I'm surprised its not done like bonus units in LE sets - ie the bonus awarded real time as you complete enough qualified purchases... And where each subsequent tier you achieve removes the bonus amount from the prior tiers, so that they add up all correctly. And to take it to a whole new level of encouraging people to buy gold, a little note saying for example 'Buy $150 more gold to get a free 2,500 gold bonus!', sort of like the events say you need 3000 WD points to be in the top 25.

Polling the db once a month seems inefficient and slow if you're looking to automate the process, but hey... That's me armchair quarterbacking. Ill leave the design and implementation details to gree ;)

Xela
04-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah why all the smoke and mirrors?? Just answer the bloody questions!

jjm521
04-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Would be nice if you had moderators who could answer more questions on the forum instead of directing us to "support" all the time. In game support tickets have not helped me once. Thankfully i found this forum and was able to find answers myself, but many people who play this game arent even aware this forum exists.

Madcowdave
04-18-2013, 09:40 PM
I stropped trying to make sense of Gree decisions a long time ago, it's refreshing. First I assumed they made customer-oriented decisions, and care about their customers. That dream was shattered. Then I assumed they were short sighted and would make decisions to maximize profits now. Also wrong, lot's decisions they make hurt profits and anger customers / drive them away.

Now I like to picture Gree as being run by an ambitious, bipolar 10 year old. So far that paradigm is working. :-)

justsomedood5
04-18-2013, 09:42 PM
"This is the one thing I'm shocked they don't do - make it easier, faster, more predictable for their big spenders to spend big."

Seriously, I'm blown away by the fact that they don't get this. Or how about something as simple as, you want a 2,500 gem bonus? Fine, but it will be automated. But maybe, just maybe, it's worth allocating 10 minutes of Kristen's (or whomever, for that matter) time to ensure those customers spending thousands of dollars PER MONTH get decent service. It's really unbelievable how much Gree seems to dislike minting money with these games.

Thief
04-18-2013, 10:03 PM
I still would like to see the Answer on the Cents Part. 5x 99.99 isn't $500

I have 4x outstanding tickets dating back to febuary.....how does submitting ANOTHER ticket to them help me at all?

Whats going to happen is everyone is going to work off assumptions and hearsay and then instead of getting 1 ticket from every person who participates in the bonus program they are going to get 2-3 tickets from everyone that has a question about the bonus program...and then another 2-3 tickets from those that participate under what they thought was the bonus program. Simply make an announcement and tell your customers.

1) The price of the Vault does or Doesn't matter. (ie a Vault is $100 dollars no matter what you pay for it) A Bag is $5 dollars no matter what you pay for it (i have at least been given an answer on this...and it does but why can't everyone know that?)

2) If a vault price does matter then 99.99 is NOT $100. Does that mean we have to purchase an additional gold item to cover the "cents" difference to garuntee a bonus? This is the part where you are going to drive everyone of your customers CRAZY. Then again if Cents don't matter....why does the price of a vault matter to begin with?

LeBarticus
04-18-2013, 10:09 PM
My answer: I will not be giving GREE any more of my money. Its been fun... But... I'd rather go to Vegas or something. At least that way ill be gambling for a chance to get real money. Ha

Neek ACE
04-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Read 5-7 in the terms of service. Why would you even spend.

5. Ownership

GREE and its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Service and the Service Materials, except for Your Content (as defined below) and except as otherwise expressly set forth in these Terms of Service. You shall not acquire any ownership rights whatsoever by downloading Service Materials or by purchasing any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods (each as defined below).

6. User Content/Your Content

All User Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such User Content originated. GREE has no obligation to review, evaluate or otherwise monitor any User Content for any quality, including but not limited to accuracy or legality. GREE makes no warranties or other guarantees with respect to User Content and hereby disclaims any and all such warranties or guarantees.Your use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with, the use of any User Content available in connection with the Service. GREE shall not be liable in any way for any User Content made available via the Service, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any such User Content or any loss or damage of any kind resulting from any use of such User Content. You may notify GREE of User Content that you believe violates these Terms of Service, or other inappropriate user behavior, by following the process described on our support page located at*http://gree-support.netNotwithstanding the foregoing, GREE reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, monitor, prohibit, edit, delete, disable access to or otherwise make unavailable any User Content (including without limitation Your Content) without notice for any reason or for no reason at any time.You agree that Your Content is not confidential and will not be returned to you. You warrant that Your Content is original to you and that you own all rights to Your Content, including the right to grant all of the rights and licenses in these Terms of Service without GREE incurring any obligations to any third party or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses.You hereby grant to GREE an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to GREE the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to GREE under these Terms of Service. You further hereby grant to GREE the unconditional, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, likeness and any other information or material included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content, without any obligation to you. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any rights of attribution and/or any moral rights you may have in Your Content, regardless of whether Your Content is altered or changed in any manner.GREE does not claim any ownership rights in Your Content and nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit Your Content. GREE has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights in or to Your Content. GREE has no obligation to accept, display, review, maintain or otherwise exploit any User Content.

7. Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods

The Service may include Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. You have no right, tile or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service except for the following: You will have a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use, solely within the Service, Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by GREE. GREE may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at any time, with or without notice. GREE shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that GREE exercises any such rights.The transfer of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods to any person or entity, including but not limited to GREE, another User or any third party.You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund. You agree that in the event that these Terms of Service, your Account, the Service as a whole or the applicable portion of the Service is terminated or discontinued for any reason, you will forfeit all Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods. GREE will have no liability to you in connection with that forfeiture.

Gree go to this stupid new program which yet to see a single person in favor because the person dealing with it was so overloaded they couldn't keep up with the requests.

People have been asking genuine questions here ie exchange rate issues, but threads get closed and told to submit a ticket to support, which then gets sent on to Kristin anyway to which they get generic answers which don’t answer the question.

How does this make sense? Wouldn’t it be make a lot more sense to have a proper Q&A here where everyone can get the answers rather than have 100’s of people sending the same questions to Kristin further overloading her meaning people have longer waits to get their issues sorted, while those with the questions get frustrated going round in circles not getting the answers.

Gree not sure what is the logic behind these decisions but you have lost a lot of customers over this, personally I thank you however. This new program is going to save me over $18,000.00 a year which would have been wasted on these games, now I need to find something else to piss my money away on.

Generik79
04-18-2013, 10:45 PM
This thread will be closed like the others. The new bonus program rules will cost gold spenders more money per gold bar (or 10 or 50 or 100, however you wish to look at it). I'm sure I will not be alone in spending less as a result. Normally, I would never slip below a 5 vault bonus level and would usually do a 10 or 20 vault bonus for the value. Instead, I am now becoming a 5 vault maximum this month and likely less in future because of GREE's insistence and manner in accomplishing whatever their goals may be. I suspect a lot of prior 5 vault max people will now no longer bonus as they cannot justify the extra cost ($100 dollars more, a 25% increase).

The solutions were given in a prior closed thread: either lower the bonus tiers to 400, 800, 1600, etc., or increase the gold purchase discount monthly so as to eliminate the increase cost per gold bar. Both will be ignored, at least this month, while the developers gamble with the notion that spending will not substantially lower and may increase. They may be right. If so, we are stuck with what's been foisted upon us. I am hoping that isn't the case as it will drive me and others I suspect away from the game. Let's hope they listen. Let's hope our fellow spenders react. Until next time....

Neek ACE
04-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Don't kid yourself as the forum has its share of problems to. I've witnessed a lot of shenanigans here. How can one find answers to questions when your not allowed to ask certain questions? You're not allowed to voice your concerns even if it was in a respectful way. You'll always get the leader of idiocy PJ who'll tell you that you're treading dangerous ground. Then pooof your gone. Gree and some senior members here seem to be stars in their own mental sitcom series. If you feel this company does not give a rats ... about you then stop spending.

Would be nice if you had moderators who could answer more questions on the forum instead of directing us to "support" all the time. In game support tickets have not helped me once. Thankfully i found this forum and was able to find answers myself, but many people who play this game arent even aware this forum exists.

Olly 1
04-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah why all the smoke and mirrors?? Just answer the bloody questions!

I think that's because the program doesn't really satisfy iTunes

Most people wouldn't mind sending a ticket if the response times were faster but when some are still waiting for their bonus for the previous month and have not had a reply in well over 3 weeks, it's pretty pointless sending in another ticket. Just as pointless as it is spending any money this month or until it's resolved.

Durt McGurt
04-19-2013, 04:00 AM
I agree with everything that has been posted on this thread. Thought the exact same thing when yesterday's threads were closed. There is an entire community here asking for details on how to spend more money.... The answer... Send a ticket and wait for a least a few weeks. Growing old quickly.

stealyourface
04-19-2013, 05:23 AM
I agree with everything that has been posted on this thread. Thought the exact same thing when yesterday's threads were closed. There is an entire community here asking for details on how to spend more money.... The answer... Send a ticket and wait for a least a few weeks. Growing old quickly.

It doesn't make sense...just answer the questions ppl are asking...they have to have policies, regardless of what they are just communicate it, not everyone is going to be happy, so what thats life, just tell us how it works so everyone knows instead of 50 ppl sending a support ticket and getting a response in 6 weeks. I don't understand the lack of transparency.

ohgreatitsryan
04-19-2013, 07:55 AM
This will all be fun to see play out!

GREE isn't making a smart or tactful play by purposefully obscuring the terms of the bonus program, which isn't a gift to players, but an enticement to purchase which they are obligated to disclose.
Regardless of that, my theory is they messed up with the implementation of the code and it requires whole dollar amounts, not cents, and they are scrambling to see if they can actually fix it before they answer any questions.
If I was an attorney employed by any government entity in California this would be very fun to look at, but alas I am not.

groovdog
04-19-2013, 08:50 AM
My bet is they are skirting ITunes hence why it all goes to email and doesnt appear on public forums in an official capacity. I have only seen reposts never a Gree employer posting the info. Asked to get in weeks ago. Am already reconsidering and overall lowering my spending due to the gold fiasco and basic crap service.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Do you normally BEG someone to take your money?

Is it wise to exchange REAL MONEY (you own) for FAKE GOODS you can't own?

So you buy 5 vaults of FAKE gold, and you're GIFTED with XX more vaults of FAKE GOLD that you don't own.

THINK.

Forget the ill named, BONUS program.

They created that myth.

You DO own your REAL money.

The answer is SIMPLE, just KEEP your REAL money.

Let THEM keep their FAKE gold and their mythical bonus program.

madfellow2
04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Could not have said it better me self!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Could not have said it better me self!The information is in the possession of our recently departed pal.

I am told you have access to our friend's effects.

He told me, he'd like the information posted on the bulletin board.

He wants the world to see why they killed him.

God bless him.

He was a dear friend, but our other pal, BIG MIKE, said you can COPY AND PASTE.

If you do, all will be revealed.

Chuck the Huck said a good title might be:

UNDER THE EMPEROR's KIMONO.

procsyzarc
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
It is entertainment all be it very expensive entertainment. You never own entertainment so not too fussed on that aspect.

The issue for a lot of people is the cost of the entertainment has increased 25%+ while the enjoyment gained from it has decreased this coupled with piss poor customer service has meant it is no longer worthwhile for a lot of us. That too is fine although not smart from Gree simple supply and demand as the cost of the current product it is above demand for a lot more people.

The point of this thread (well really it has no point since it will be deleted) is to say stop sending us in circles especially when you claim Kristin is so overloaded and just answer the ****en questions so we can decide if we want to continue purchasing or not and let our factions know so they can replace us if need be.

Morphlingman
04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
I started a thread yesterday, asking about the gold bonus plan. CJ54 shut it down and ended it with a response saying to submit a ticket to support. Well I have already sent 3 tickets in regarding this matter and 2 PM's to CJ himself. Do you think I get a response from anyone. No.
So CJ, I put up a thread here to get answers, because you and your staff won't give me any. I cannot believe this is the way they treat paying customers.
I am getting very frustrated. I have been deceived in the past (In Brazil - top 3 members of each faction win a special prize, I spent extra gold to be in the top 3) and I have units with bonuses that I don't believe work ( bonus attacking valor)
If I don't get an honest straight forward answer before Ireland starts, my entire faction will NOT purchase any gold.
This is not a threat, it is a fact.

Speed ump
04-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Procs, i agree, this is entertainment, which is sometng you never own. I dont own a movie after i leave the theater, i dont own a vacation after i get home. Everyone makes their own choices to pay and play, or not. I make my choices, im not intrested in others opinions of my choices. I make no opinions of their choices. If you chose to believe im a fool my mine, so be it. Some people spend money on solid gold toilets. If i had the money to blow, thats still not something i would spend it on. Yes, you might be able to say you own it. I might think its a pretty silly thing to spend money on, but its your money, you did not ask me, and i think you have every right to own it of thats your choice. As long as youre not putting the hard sell on me to do the same, more power to you. If you have buyers remorse later, at least you can melt it down for gold value.lol. Remeber thise people who spent a lot of money in the last couple of years on a wonder cruise? One ship sunk, with lives lost, more lived without power for days. I feel so much better now

madfellow2
04-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Speedy, with all due respect...this is not entertainment, it is extortion...if you choose to
buy a new Mercedes...that is what you pay...Mercedes Corp does not say that IF you want
to keep the aforementioned Mercedes then you need to pay more money. Stay tuned my
friend...more coming soon:)

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Speedy, with all due respect...this is not entertainment, it is extortion...if you choose tobuy a new Mercedes...that is what you pay...Mercedes Corp does not say that IF you wantto keep the aforementioned Mercedes then you need to pay more money. Stay tuned myfriend...more coming soon:)Yes yes yes I want to be learned to be smarted.

madfellow2
04-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Just sent back channel...having some connection issues...FFP needs to be smarter two:)

The Mole
04-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Just sent back channel...having some connection issues...FFP needs to be smarter two:)

what is the quick brown dog jump over the lazy red fox?

negotiator
04-19-2013, 05:41 PM
And the best part is they put this in their auto reply emails. SO when you come to the forum to ask a question about the bonus program after your tickets don't get a response all you get is a locked thread.

Really Gree, all we are really asking is how can we spend our money with your company and you respond with a locked thread and a run around. If you do care I will be one of those who will not be buying my normal 5 vaults until there is a public answer on the forum so all can read and not just a select few.

If you have not already done so, please check out our in-app FAQs found under the help section. Also, check out our forums at http://www.funzio.com/forum/forum.php. Many senior members of our forums have been playing our games for quite some time. Their insights, tips, and "how-to's" can be extremely helpful.