PDA

View Full Version : Gold bonus program.

BigMoney
04-18-2013, 06:35 PM
So the other day someone mentioned the gold bonus program, and I made a post about how I was concerned that the original post detailing the program was deleted (see: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?51055-Gold-Bonus-Program).

I asked a question about it, and I just went through my posted messages to see if I could find the topic again to see if someone answered it, but it seems that topic is gone too.

Is GREE discontinuing the Gold Bonus Program, and if so, why all the secrecy (deleting topics mentioning it)? Why not just announce that it's over, or remark in such topics that it's over, since I imagine you'd get a lot less people bugging you about it when they don't receive their gold if that's the case.

For what it's worth, my question yesterday was about the tiers. I know 5 vaults is the minimum, but I could remember the progression after that.

jobadass
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM
It's something along the lines of: Buy 10 vaults in a month, we mistakenly send you 65,0000 gold bars later, take it back and put you in debt.

Interested?

Edit: for your 5 vaults we mistakenly send you 50,000 gold bars, but the rest is the same.

poo hands
04-18-2013, 06:58 PM
I created a ticket requesting to join the gold program and got the standard auto reply 10 days later. I bet this thread gets deleted.

MattThomas08
04-18-2013, 07:00 PM
For some reason Gree seems resistant to responding to info regarding the gold bonus. Even our 20 and 50 vault members can't get answers. Rumors were spread it would no longer be vault oriented but $ oriented, but nobody will confirm or deny it. We have sent Admin and CJ PM's and submitted tickets on it, but no confirmation. Then again, it's always been pretty secretive.

My best guess is they are struggling still with the automation process and don't want to speak about it before they iron out the details.

BigMoney
04-18-2013, 07:00 PM
I also created a ticket, but have yet to receive a reply. At least this topic's deletion would serve to notify me that they are ending the program. At least to new people.

mongorie
04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
You don't need to email them to join the program anymore, its all automated ...simply buy x amounts of vaults to be rewarded with the bonus at the end of each month......

BigMoney
04-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Ah, well, if that's the case, mongorie, do you happen to remember the various tiers (since the original topic was deleted)? And when do you receive the bonus, the first of the following month?

If this topic is deleted before I get home and I missed my answer twice I'll be disappointed.

TenderPlacebo
04-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Ah, well, if that's the case, mongorie, do you happen to remember the various tiers (since the original topic was deleted)? And when do you receive the bonus, the first of the following month?

If this topic is deleted before I get home and I missed my answer twice I'll be disappointed.

You get the bonus the following month that you buy in: buy in April, you will get it in the first 7 days of may.
The tiers are as follows:

$500 - 2500 Gold/Gems

$1000 - 15000 Gold/Gems

$2000 - 50000 Gold/Gems

$5000 - 125000 Gold/Gems plus one crate item of your choice

$10000 - 250000 gold plus one event item that you missed out on. (Please note that we are not able to add the top 1 prize, similar one-of-a-kind prize or an event item that you already have)

The way it used to work is you only had to buy 5 vaults for 2500 bonus, 10 vaults for 15k bonus, etc. It didn't matter how much you spent only the number of vaults you bought to meet next tier, so you could buy on sale and receive the bonuses. As poster stated above it's unclear if that still applies or if you have to spend 500,1000,2000,etc to get bonus. I would hope gree doesn't get that money hungry, but wouldn't put it past them.

Joeycool
04-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I think... its because they are not allowed to advertise the bonus programme.

BigMoney
04-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info TenderPlacebo.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 12:15 AM
For some reason Gree seems resistant to responding to info regarding the gold bonus. Even our 20 and 50 vault members can't get answers. Rumors were spread it would no longer be vault oriented but $ oriented, but nobody will confirm or deny it. We have sent Admin and CJ PM's and submitted tickets on it, but no confirmation. Then again, it's always been pretty secretive.

My best guess is they are struggling still with the automation process and don't want to speak about it before they iron out the details.

I can confirm that it is cash based. And for those outside the US, it's not based on the actual cash you spend, but the assumption that vaults cost $100 USD (or $80 USD during 20% off, etc).

$5000 - 125000 Gold/Gems plus one crate item of your choice

$10000 - 250000 gold plus one event item that you missed out on. (Please note that we are not able to add the top 1 prize, similar one-of-a-kind prize or an event item that you already have)
Those prizes are no longer in effect.

BigMoney
04-19-2013, 01:47 AM
I can confirm that it is cash based. And for those outside the US, it's not based on the actual cash you spend, but the assumption that vaults cost $100 USD (or $80 USD during 20% off, etc).

Sorry, just to make sure I understand you completely, you're saying the number of vaults don't matter, but just the total amount spent? So if for example I bought 5 vaults at 20% off, I would have to buy 6, not 5, regular priced vaults to move up into the next tier?

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Yes, that is the new system. (Also, 5 vaults at 20% off doesn't qualify you at all, now).
They raised the prices, nerfed the prizes, and announce it with emails saying they have "great news".

BigMoney
04-19-2013, 02:31 AM
You scared me for a second, but you mean that 6 vaults at 20% off WOULD qualify you, right? Just that 20% off of 5 vaults results in less than $500, the minimum threshold. At least that's what I hope you mean.

In any event, I actually bought three vaults at 20%, and five at regular price. I'm trying to decide whether or not to purchase 2 more-- or I guess 2.6 more. There's a big difference between 2500 gold and 15000 gold, but I don't want to shell out for 3 more vaults if I'm going to get screwed over big time.

(And as always, thank you for your wonderful help, bald zeemer).

Edit: by screwed over I mean not receive any bonus, or shell out for ten vaults and receive the 2500 gold instead of 15000 gold, etc.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 02:45 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I'm stuck in between tiers. On the one hand I'm loathe to give gree more cash given the way they screwed with the system (and, in general, fail at almost everything they try, excluding syndicate battles).
On the other, moving up a tier is a very nice gold bump, and I'm a dyed in the wool gold junkie, so I know I'll need it sooner or later. ;)

One point to note on the 2.6 problem - the only "improvement" that is not clearly a negative for players is that all gold purchases count, not just vaults.
Personally I think if you are buying enough to qualify for the program you'd be mad to buy sub-vault quantities, but if you need a bit to tick into a new tier, it's an option.

You scared me for a second, but you mean that 6 vaults at 20% off WOULD qualify you, right? Just that 20% off of 5 vaults results in less than $500, the minimum threshold. At least that's what I hope you mean.
You hit the nail on the head.

BigMoney
04-19-2013, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I agree it would be silly to buy less than a vault if you're spending enough to qualify for the bonus program. Hopefully I get a response to my ticket so that I can know for absolute certain (not that I don't trust the forum members' advice, but who is to say that GREE will act predictably-- I'm guess I'm still paranoid after they deleted that original gold bonus program topic) before I buy 3 more vaults, but in all honesty it'll probably be the next collect-20 event or whatever is after the boss event where I'll just do it to stay in the top 250 again or whatever. Kind of blows my mind that even you top gold spenders don't necessarily get prompt responses to your tickets.

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 04:54 AM
Bald: how did you confirm it's based off money and not vault purchases? Did you get the info from support?
Yes. (Eventually. It was one of the most bizarre waits I've ever experienced, since I was asking them how much money they wanted me to give them).

bald zeemer
04-19-2013, 08:07 AM
You might want to delete that post.