PDA

View Full Version : Building Timers

dudeman
04-17-2013, 05:15 PM
All of my buildings are taking almost 60 seconds longer than normal to become ready for collection. I know I'm not the only one who is having issues with building timer weirdness.

Gree, sort it out! Six hours is 360 minutes, not 361. 12 hours is 720 minutes, not 721. 24 hours is 1440 minutes, not 1441!

Once or twice, no big deal. But this occurs for every collection and is really putting my collection times off. There is really no good reason for this type of nonsense.

minji976
04-17-2013, 05:19 PM
In addition to that, I found the LM got messed up. If I did a collection and left, next time I came back, LM still not full and count down timer was 4:xx.

Sandukan
04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
In addition to that, I found the LM got messed up. If I did a collection and left, next time I came back, LM still not full and count down timer was 4:xx.
I've been having this same problem. Couldn't bother sending a ticket because of the low income.
But how can I leave all day and my LM is not ready when I get home?

dudeman
04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
So Gree, what gives with the extra time?

cooch
04-17-2013, 09:29 PM
So Gree, what gives with the extra time?

On my LM I collect together, come back later, and one is ready the other off by 3-4xx. Issue is on two devices so not devices. Happening all the time since probably the last major download. Thought I was the only one...Like other guy not a big cash deal but something is wrong behind the scenes that can only lead to more grief down the road.

Angry Burd
04-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Am also having an issue on this on 2 devices but mine weren't off by seconds it was more like 2 hours!! Really messed up my collecting times and not happy as it affected my 12hr buildings only. Grrrrrrr!

mxz
04-18-2013, 09:58 AM
In addition to that, I found the LM got messed up. If I did a collection and left, next time I came back, LM still not full and count down timer was 4:xx.Thats a different issue. You need to do a server sync before exiting the game. This happens automatically every ~30s or when you refresh the rivals list, go to someone else's hood, open a box, bank, or donate to your syndicate.

dads
04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Had this last week for a about 4 days started with 60 seconds ended up being a hr & was only on my 3 hr buildings & not all of them just a few random ones.problem has gone away & there back on sync,not saying it will for you just adding the fact that this did happen.

dudeman
04-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Had this last week for a about 4 days started with 60 seconds ended up being a hr & was only on my 3 hr buildings & not all of them just a few random ones.problem has gone away & there back on sync,not saying it will for you just adding the fact that this did happen.

You are lucky that the problem seems to have stopped for you. It is still occurring for me. I collect from my buildings, and at the next collection time my alarm goes off, I go to check my hood, and I still have at least a minute to wait. I then go to my alarm, move everything ahead one minute, and the same thing happens at the next collection.

It just makes no sense why there is extra time being added. It's almost as if one real second = just slightly more than one second in game, and over a number of hours it adds up to being a full extra minute.

Please fix this Gree. This issue is quite inconvenient. :(

Euchred
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Same issue here, it is very inconvenient. I love opening my game when I'm supposed to have a collection ready only finding I have to wait a whole minute.

dads
04-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Hmm timers are back out again,thought it was sorted however didn't last long out by 6 mind of some buildings.

dudeman
04-20-2013, 11:19 AM
I collected my 6 and 12 hour buildings at their regular time last night, six hours and one minute later I collected my nightclubs again the instant they became available, and today I get this:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/7ece9124a023da64721fdf8099f6489a.jpg

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/e7d65c659345dd137210afa6edad2878.jpg

With all due respect, Gree, fix your sh!t!!! I don't know if this is a result of the fix for time travel or if it's something else causing this, but when I have my hood synced and I collect everything the instant it becomes available, there is no reasonable excuse for this.

budman68
04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
i re synced my hood last week and it is already off. and yes I collect on time.

sister morphine
04-21-2013, 01:41 PM
A minute; you guys are lucky. Went to collect nightclubs earlier on - one came up on time, but nothing from the other. Tapped on it and it said I'd have to wait another 58 minutes! WTF is that about 😠😠😠

dudeman
04-21-2013, 02:28 PM
A minute; you guys are lucky. Went to collect nightclubs earlier on - one came up on time, but nothing from the other. Tapped on it and it said I'd have to wait another 58 minutes! WTF is that about 😠😠😠

That's what I'm talking about! It's a minute if you're lucky, but even that adds up over several collections. If you're unlucky, buildings can be 20 minutes, half an hour, or even several hours off.

As mentioned in OP, clearly I am not the only one experiencing an issue here. I had to skip a few collections yesterday to get everything mostly synched back up, and they are already off again!

I haven't been seeing so many hackers/time travellers lately, so we owe Gree a word of thanks for working on that. Thanks Gree!

Now could you please put a priority on correcting the building timer issues?

kovi_74
04-22-2013, 12:08 AM
I have 3 level frosties synced up with 12, 24 and 48 hour buildings.
They are suppose to be ready at the same time in the morning, so I only have to spend a couple minutes collecting before work.
As it is out everyday by 40 seconds or so, I have to miss a collection or be late for work, which then opens me up to being robbed!

I submitted a ticket and was told it's a sync issue with their servers and nothing can be done about it. Pretty poor response really.

dudeman
04-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I submitted a ticket and was told it's a sync issue with their servers and nothing can be done about it. Pretty poor response really.

That's total bullsh!t. There never used to be a problem until a couple weeks ago, so something that Gree has done broke the building timers.

Gree, quit trying to feed us your mountains of feces and get the building timers working properly like they were before you broke them. This game is entirely based on the passing of time. If your time keeping system is broken, obviously your whole game is fcuked.

talklouder
04-23-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm glad to see this here because the same thing has been happening in my buildings, and I thought I was losing my mind or not collecting when I thought I had. My same-timed buildings are all synced, but then they'll be off by as many as 45 mins at time. I don't know what's happening and it's driving me crazy....

Gree's response is that their servers are off? It amazes me how much money people still spend on this game when this company could give a *%^& about their customers, it seems.

nopenopenope
04-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I haven't been seeing so many hackers/time travellers lately, so we owe Gree a word of thanks for working on that.It appears Gree has made a bold move in combating unfair play by requiring iOS CC updates starting tonight. A sad day as I've been running 2.2.1 on my camper for over 400+ days... :(

dads
04-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Has anyone got a timeline or better response from GREE than severs are off ?

PawnXIIX
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
The only experience I can report on is that I was at work, and I collected my laundromats before my customers started to appear. The next time I was able to pick up my phone again was 30 minutes later and when I started the game up again my laundromats had just started their 5:00 countdown.

GREE, fix your timers.

Carrahete
04-24-2013, 09:55 PM
I've had same issue. However, it's different for different buildings. My mansions are about 30 seconds ahead of the rest of my 12 hour buildings. I've had all my collections drift over 5 minutes off over last week. Transferred to different device, removed and reinstalled CC, then transferred back. Still seems to be happening.

Several folks in syndicate noticed same issue. This has to be a server issue. Fix your equipment Gree.

dudeman
04-25-2013, 11:14 AM
I've had to miss another collection today because of this building timer BS.

Come on Gree!

:mad:

CC Pablo
04-25-2013, 11:24 AM

The same thing has been happening to me. Come on GREE, fix this please.

I've had to miss another collection today because of this building timer BS.

Come on Gree!

:mad:

Da_Boss
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm having the same issue on iOS. I've had my building be as far off as 20 mins from the others. Its been very irritating. Everyone is itching for my lvl 7 nightclubs and one night they will have them as a result of this.

Carrahete
04-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Seems like this may have been worked out. My 12 hour buildings appear to be back on with each other, whereas before they'd been slowly drifting from each other. At least they're all going to pop up at the same time. :D
Will have to bite the bullet and reset to a newer collection time.

dudeman
04-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Seems like this may have been worked out. My 12 hour buildings appear to be back on with each other, whereas before they'd been slowly drifting from each other. At least they're all going to pop up at the same time. :D
Will have to bite the bullet and reset to a newer collection time.

Sigh...

No, this hasn't been fixed. If you're no longer experiencing a problem you are lucky, but I can say for a fact that my timers are still fubar.

killshot
04-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Well this explains it. I couldn't figure out what happened. lol

mxz
04-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Well this explains it. I couldn't figure out what happened. lolYou forget which account you normally post under or just disgusted by that scarlet letter in your other signature?

CM Recruitment
04-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Problem still happening, let's go!

sister morphine
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
This has just got ridiculouser. My frenchies on SV's hood pay out same time as nightclubs. Not this time, oh no. It's another 3 hours to wait.😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Justsimply
04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Lucky me my collections are only out 1-2 minutes. But I believe the upgrade and build timers are messed up as well. I will calculate my upgrade times to finish and sync with the other buildings all the time and recently either my math/calculator has been wrong by hours or the timers are running slower at times adding hours to the finish time.

Watch soon it will say
"Collect in approx. 01:00"

Justsimply
04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Just did the math with a stop watch beside me and restarting the game watching an upgrade timer.
The timer matches up with the speed of the stop watch perfectly.
They will be in sync, I then shut down the game and restart. The upgrade timer would then be 4-5 seconds off (slower) then the stop watch. That's 300 seconds slower by every hour or 5 mins. 40 hours to upgrade would end up adding 3.3hrs to the end........

D3V
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm on android and I've had the LM issue of sometimes logging onto the game and the timer is JUST starting since I got them LM to lvl10 over a year ago lol

But now I'm seeing it with other buildings. I'll collect one and the other one is oddly off by an hour or so. It's weird.

Carrahete
04-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, looks like they're still drifting, must have just had one good cycle. I'm even seeing it in the 1hour buildings, first ones collected popping up several seconds after the rest even though collected in order.

budman68
04-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Gree is too cheap to replace their computer batteries. Maybe if we offered them 500 gold they will repair the game? Nah doubt it would charge more like 5,000 gold and take 3 months to fix it, like a response from CS

MkyNice
04-27-2013, 08:16 PM
building time it out of hand really

dudeman
04-30-2013, 05:40 AM
This is now beyond ridiculous. I can't even collect on time with the use of an alarm.

Gree, this bug has cost me hundreds of millions in missed collections that I should not have missed because I use a collection alarm.

Fix the damned timers already! :mad:

BigMoney
04-30-2013, 05:52 AM
I think one possible solution (if the timers aren't becoming minutes and minutes off) is to perhaps allow buildings to be collected from a few seconds before the timer expires, and perhaps not allow the buildings to be robbed until the timer is at 0:00:00. I think it would help account for the "drift" the inevitably happens, and I can't see what the downside to allowing this would be. Collecting on 6-48 hour buildings seconds early would hardly provide a competitive advantage.

dudeman
05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Gree, seriously.... Get on it or hire some dropouts who at least have the ability to tell the difference between their heads and their asses.

You now have at least four of these:

http://www.drawsigner.com/post_images/AssHat_Certificate.pdf

bald zeemer
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
DM, handing them out to gree is like handing trained guard dogs to tam.

I'm pretty sure you're hacking. ;)

sledge 187
05-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Thats a different issue. You need to do a server sync before exiting the game. This happens automatically every ~30s or when you refresh the rivals list, go to someone else's hood, open a box, bank, or donate to your syndicate.

I have dealt with this issue for months, the easiest way to solve it is to tap on a building hit move then the green check mark. You dont have to actually move it. It only takes a second and I dont even realize im doing it anymore. I used to bank a couple dollars everytime but that is too inconvenient. I do this after every collection and have no issues.

Or leaving the game running in the background all day works too.

LisaM
05-02-2013, 12:58 PM
I've noticed this the last couple of days, very frustrating. I'm refreshing my battle list twice to make sure I'm hitting the server but it's still occurring.

dudeman
05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
So I collect my NCs less than one second apart. Tap tap done. The next time I go to collect them they are 30 seconds apart.

Ok, weird and frustrating. But somehow it gets weirder.

The second NC collected is always the one 30 seconds behind, even if I synch them at next collection and collect them in reverse order. Now here's the really weird part. It's nowhere near collection time and they are already 30 seconds apart. So just for fun I decided to swap them. I moved one out of the way, put the other where the first was, and then put the first one where the second was a moment earlier. The timers are now switched. That is to say, the one that WAS 30 seconds behind, is now 30 seconds ahead of the other.

Gree, you people have some serious work cut out for you. I don't know what you did that broke the timers, but they are totally fubar at the moment. This results in frustration, missed collections even with alarms set, collection times drift later and later at each collection, and generally makes you look like a group of incompetent fools.

nopenopenope
05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Have you realized that there hasn't been one single reply from a dev on this entire topic despite your numerous attempts to bash and insult them? Maybe you should try a new strategy.....or not.

Or maybe you need another "vacation" courtesy of your besties.

p.s. you must still be spending $$$ on this game to be so #butthurt.

Carlos Norris
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
p.s. you must still be spending $$$ on this game to be so #butthurt.

Are you implying that it may be silly to complain after continually throwing money at a product that disappoints?

sledge 187
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
So I collect my NCs less than one second apart. Tap tap done. The next time I go to collect them they are 30 seconds apart.Ok, weird and frustrating. But somehow it gets weirder.The second NC collected is always the one 30 seconds behind, even if I synch them at next collection and collect them in reverse order. Now here's the really weird part. It's nowhere near collection time and they are already 30 seconds apart. So just for fun I decided to swap them. I moved one out of the way, put the other where the first was, and then put the first one where the second was a moment earlier. The timers are now switched. That is to say, the one that WAS 30 seconds behind, is now 30 seconds ahead of the other.Gree, you people have some serious work cut out for you. I don't know what you did that broke the timers, but they are totally fubar at the moment. This results in frustration, missed collections even with alarms set, collection times drift later and later at each collection, and generally makes you look like a group of incompetent fools.Are there any high voltage power lines in that area of your hood? Maybe a shorted out street lamp? That is messed up.