PDA

View Full Version : Interesting infirmary situation

groovdog
04-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Was going to upgrade from 1-2. I went to do so and it said current -100% (lvl 1) upgrade 2% (lvl 2). Makes me wonder about Gree sometimes. Will see if its 4% and if all of a sudden I see a change in losses. In retrospect maybe I should have just sat still ;0

LagBolt
04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
I remember something that the lvl 1 infirmary actually gives a 98% reduction in casualties and a lvl 2 gives 96% and so on. This only exists on some accounts which gree have always denied.

This is the first time it has shown up graphically though...

Mad
04-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Upgrading the infirmary will not reduce the QUANTITY of losses (you will still lose the same number of units), but it will reduce the QUALITY of losses (it helps to protect your more valuable units from being selected for destruction).

Thief
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Upgrading the infirmary will not reduce the QUANTITY of losses (you will still lose the same number of units), but it will reduce the QUALITY of losses (it helps to protect your more valuable units from being selected for destruction).

Sorry but What defines a Units Quality and how does that game define that to determine a reduction in Casualties.

Units have a consumption rate which is why the more of the same unit you bring into battle the greater chance it will die. Obviously Gree alters this Formula for consumption quite often which is one of the reasons mine is still lvl 1...

mxz
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Upgrading the infirmary will not reduce the QUANTITY of losses (you will still lose the same number of units), but it will reduce the QUALITY of losses (it helps to protect your more valuable units from being selected for destruction).Thats not right. Good guess, though. Thief is on the right track. If you have 500 of one unit, each individual unit has the same chance of dying, but aggregately, less of them will die (because you're bringing less). I personally think its an odd strategy because the odds of a single unit dying haven't changed, but I can see why people wouldn't want to see multiple losses of one unit.

Bala82
05-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Does it work other way around when you get attacked as well or only for attack against rival ?

I am thinking of purchasing an infirmary but read comment it makes no difference ?.

KFH
05-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Thats not right. Good guess, though. Thief is on the right track. If you have 500 of one unit, each individual unit has the same chance of dying, but aggregately, less of them will die (because you're bringing less). I personally think its an odd strategy because the odds of a single unit dying haven't changed, but I can see why people wouldn't want to see multiple losses of one unit. So there is no reason to have an infirmary, mines at lv 8 should i get rid of it? I always feel like it makes a difference

Bala82
05-06-2013, 10:21 AM
So there is no reason to have an infirmary, mines at lv 8 should i get rid of it? I always feel like it makes a difference

if you spend the time upgrade it 8 keep it

Brahmin
05-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Interesting topic, I've been wondering about this infirmary. Does it make any sort of difference? Is it worth upgrading. I haven't even built it yet. I'm skeptical if it's even worth building until I have all regular money buildings built and I have more cash units to protect. I really haven't sunk that much into cash unit yet. Most of my money goes into building new buildings, upgrading and expanding. Right now I'm focusing on upgrading my comp factory, money buildings and other boost building. I don't feel there's much point building the infirmary if I don't plan to upgrade it for a while. Am I right about this or should I build it sooner rather than later.

LisaM
05-06-2013, 12:38 PM
A friend of mine says it's worth it because it's big enough to hide her level 10 Composites Factory, but that's all she thinks it's good for :D

BigBlueNationAWC
05-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I have basically every building available for purchase upgraded to lvl 10 except infirmary I have 250 Rocket Soldiers and it seems to make them die less.

Brahmin
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
A friend of mine says it's worth it because it's big enough to hide her level 10 Composites Factory, but that's all she thinks it's good for :D

That does sound like a good use for it since it's so massive.

Choy
06-14-2013, 06:24 AM
I am presently upgrading my Infirmary to level 9 and will upgrade it further to level 10. It works well for me. I rarely lose units that I bought (cash,valor). Most of the time only the loot units specially when attacked by twice or more of my defense stats. On the last MW Campaign, my def stats were not greatly affected. Thanks to my Infirmary. I am not a gold unit buyer anyway. I am also slowly reducing my gold addiction.

Thief
06-14-2013, 06:33 AM
I am presently upgrading my Infirmary to level 9 and will upgrade it further to level 10. It works well for me. I rarely lose units that I bought (cash,valor). Most of the time only the loot units specially when attacked by twice or more of my defense stats. On the last MW Campaign, my def stats were not greatly affected. Thanks to my Infirmary. I am not a gold unit buyer anyway. I am also slowly reducing my gold addiction.

It could just be that they have adjusted the casualty rates too....Gree likes to do that therefore there is no way to determine if its actually working or not. :D

On a serious note with all of the events going on my army has seen a drop in destructible army and I would imagine that in a few months most would have at least a 50% indestructible army....time is one of the most valuable resources in this game and I think upgrading it is a waste of time.....ive even considered selling mine.

S&H Max
06-14-2013, 06:53 AM
I agree with Thief, if you play with medium even small gold, LTQ, boss and WD gives a lot of gold units and also cumulate a lot of valor, in less than 1month I should be 50% gold and 50% valor so wont know what to do with my valor more then buying back my lost!

So next time I need land space I wont even expand, will sell my infirmary!