PDA

View Full Version : Perspective - Regained Thank You

vball
04-16-2013, 09:14 PM
I have been frustrated as I see the units going to ridiculous levels and what was once a great unit now completely sapped by a new LTQ or whatever event. I almost quit the game because after two weeks of not playing after my Ipad crashed, support finally got me setup, oh wait, lost two weeks of play time because they took forever to respond. Although I did get a nice apology. Really, an apology? Sorry I digress.

It seems that many factions and the game is becoming more mercenary as people and factions push ever higher to get those really cool units.

Now onto my story. I have a son whom I love dearly. He is a lower level but I felt it was more important that we participate together than apart. As an original member of VFF Alpha, I have always been privileged to play with and against some great players in this game. I love the fact we are a top faction and the relationships and people are amazing. My goal was to find a top 50 alliance that we could both play together. But I also knew my son was not strong enough to be there. I searched around (really learned a lot from that too) and found People's Front of Judea. Charles of PFJ, Col Clink, God of PFJ and others welcomed us with open arms.

What I thought would be impossible to find again, find a close group of people who value each other by some miracle I found with them. Was all ready to make the move, when the most amazing outpouring of support began to show up.

A thread in our Group was started by Gero. He explained that I wanted to play with my son and something that literally brought a tear to my eye happened. The members of Alpha, jumped in and wanted to bring in a newer player to give a father and son the privilege of playing together.

I cannot tell you how excited my son has been about this, and for a parent of a special needs child it has been remarkable. So in this case, the game is more than just a game.

So I want to publicly thank VFF Lima, which allowed him to participate with them. To VFF Alpha and to People's Front of Judea, all I can say is wow. You guys are amazing people and I am truly blessed to know you.

So as the game spins out of control with headhunting, crazy units and hunger for money, there are still some amazing people out there. So like it or not am going to thank some of you here. If you want to add to this and thank others in the forum for help, please feel free. No complainers or whiners hijacking my thread.

McDoc - Founder of VFF. Thanks bro for your hard work.
Thief - Thanks for leading Alpha and all your hard work
Gero - buddy words cannot express my appreciation to you
Charles of PFJ - Amazed and thankful for you. Will always be close to you guys
God of PFJ - you welcome with open arms and you make everyone feel welcome
Col Clink - thanks for the welcome and laughs
Madman - I saw your post buddy, it is appreciated
Miner - Thanks for having my back so so long
Poop - well for being poop
Sweet Cheeks - wisdom wrapped in an amazing woman
Self Proclaimed - your support is beyond measure
VFF Alpha - thanks guys I am truly touched
VballMadam - thank you for your support and your heart
Jhenry - always class. Appreciate you and Charlie
BigJohn - thank you for giving my son a home you guys rock. Stay strong Lima

Alpha and PFJ, you guys are amazing. Best of luck to both factions in getting top 25 in Ireland.

There are many more, but do not want to get even more sappy than I already have.

Thanks all and see you on the battlefield.

Vballmadam
04-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Vball you have always amazed me! I have enjoyed our conversations and am very happy that you finally got your game back. Albeit you should have been compensated for those 2 weeks!

Anyway...It's all about family and how great to be able to share father son time playing a game that brings your son great joy!

I'm glad you're back and may God continue to bless you both!

Jhenry02
04-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I have an open bed or two as well if needed.

We headhunt, but because we want 50 good players with great character. We want people who participate socially, economically, and physically (hyperbolically.)

This post proves though we may not know each other personally or biblically; we are still e-friends.

-Jason

I am a cow
04-16-2013, 09:48 PM
I have an open bed or two as well if needed.

We headhunt, but because we want 50 good players with great character. We want people who participate socially, economically, and physically (hyperbolically.)

This post proves though we may not know each other personally or biblically; we are still e-friends.

-Jason

Word of advice take his offer and get that top 50 prize!

psxnitro
04-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Hey Vball, you are greatly missed in VFF Lima. Was sad to see you leave with dararuki, I really miss the core group we had when this whole faction wars started...

sparckle
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
This sort of game isn't good for children to be honest. The content is fine. Nothing incredibly violent or profane. Innocent on the surface.

However, when you dig deeper, the structure of the game facilitates development of addictive behaviour and exploits addictions. It may be good learning material to educate a child about the dangers of addiction and to teach some self-restraint against addiction. But for a child, this shouldn't be played as a game.

King little fruit fly
04-16-2013, 11:05 PM
This sort of game isn't good for children to be honest. The content is fine. Nothing incredibly violent or profane. Innocent on the surface.

However, when you dig deeper, the structure of the game facilitates development of addictive behaviour and exploits addictions. It may be good learning material to educate a child about the dangers of addiction and to teach some self-restraint against addiction. But for a child, this shouldn't be played as a game.

sparckie, first time I agree with you. That is why I took the game and the iPad away from my nephew, now I am more addicted with his account at level 70 with 100k stat, hope I dont screw up this one. :p

sparckle
04-16-2013, 11:09 PM
^ That's an honourable sacrifice you made to save a child's life and future. I feel prompted to do the same. Now if only I could find a kid with a shiny iPad I can confiscate...

Jhoemel
04-16-2013, 11:58 PM
The best post in a while. We are happy to have you and your son vball :)

Jhenry02
04-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Amen jhoemel

Charles of the PFJ
04-17-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the kind words Vball, it was a pleasure for us at the PFJ to meet you and I'm glad you and your son can battle together in Ireland. Best of luck to you mate :)

BigD@wg
04-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Congrats to you both, Vball. Nice thread and thanks for sharing. :)

Jd-fors
04-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Wow!thanks for a thread worth reading.made my day.

Ducati
04-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Wow!thanks for a thread worth reading.made my day.

+1

(Extra characters)

vq1988
04-17-2013, 12:10 PM
This is the true value of the game....not the shinny pixel units or the 1mil stats that you get from playing. Have fun and good luck Vball and Jr.

Chilli!
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
+1

(Extra characters)

+2

Good to see a happy post!

Procyon
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Great post, vball. Was great to have you and ruki in Lima. He caught on quick and was valuable to the team. More importantly was the fun we all had teaming together. Great group of folks including you and your son.

-Colonel Beauregard

Jhenry02
04-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Proc, you're colonel Beauregard? I have been trying to figure out who that was forever. Lol I'm a little slow out the gate but quick to catch up.

Cowardlgree
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
You got it my friends...the addiction element in these games is off the charts...for children and adults...
these extortionists understand it, exploit it and profit by it...where do we go from here?

kikl
04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Happy for u vball

Gambit12
04-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Nice word Vball & glad everything is working great for you. Just have fun & be happy always..:cool:

Mcdoc
04-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Best post in a while :)

mickymacirl
04-18-2013, 04:45 AM
Top man, well done

Bravo Zulu
04-18-2013, 05:48 AM
People can focus on the game being a negative environment, fostering addictive behaviors. Or, they can focus on what is shown in this thread: that this game can be an awesome social environment, and that we can temper our drive for winning to get back to basic values that are important to us. It taught a father, son, and community we can believe in the kindness and enthusiasm of others.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. :)

Procyon
04-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Proc, you're colonel Beauregard? I have been trying to figure out who that was forever. Lol I'm a little slow out the gate but quick to catch up.

Ha! Yeh, joined the forum quickly. Last thing I was looking at prior was my night sky app trying to figure out what star I was looking at. Ended up being Procyon and it was the first thing that jumped into my head when signing up.

vball
04-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Thank you all for your support, the posts are appreciated.

Poopenshire
04-19-2013, 09:26 AM
I almost thought it was a goodbye speech. As long as we don't lose sight of whats important then we are safe.

If all else fails, I know of a way to get a fresh new start for an account (no not a reset as those do no exist, but a LLP) if you want for him.

The most fun is from levels 1 to 100. On an all free account (Tapjoy excluded) I can help with some thoughts about.

The Mole
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
i have prospect for gold

Sugarymama
04-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Vball!!!!! What a great post. Such a nice change from all the bs that's usually posted. Thanks for the shout out. It was so sweet! This is why, even with all the changes, drama, and general ridiculousness of this game, I STILL love my freakin' faction!! We know what it's truly about.

Systematrix
04-19-2013, 08:54 PM
for sharing your story. This is what social gaming should be about.

GuyInLobsterSuit
04-20-2013, 03:25 AM
Good stuff. Good to see.

Hound Dog
04-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Vball, you are a great man, father and teammate. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and i'm looking forward to interacting with your son too. Great post. Talk to you soon my friend.

vball
04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks Arach. How are you doing?

Thank you Hound, I do try to be a good father, but have so much to learn. sigh

Ok adding to this with yet another example of some great forumites.

I raided some guy. Did not even take it all, just hit one building and then he starts ranting on my wall. Well, Angel of Mercy, HB Bombers see it and go to say hi to him. Thanks for having my back guys.

I did see him, first time since I can remember that I hit a storage silo. LOL

You guys are the best!!!!