PDA

View Full Version : Has encountering hackers changed your spending habits?

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Most of us have been encountering an increasing # of hackers. I'm curious, how does this affect your spending on the game (buying / spending gold)? Please be honest, this poll isn't *only* to bribe Gree into policing the game :D

My 2 cents: the # of hackers increased along with the implementing of WD (which caused gold spending to skyrocket) so one could wrongly conclude that hackers don't affect gold spending or cause it to increase. In fact I would spend more if I wasn't consistently reminded that spending gold doesn't give me an advantage over so many non-gold players that hack. So even though profits are way up, Gree is missing out on $$$ because of the rampant hackers.

The pole options aren't all mutually exclusive, but pick the one that fits you best. Thanks!

Teach Me Trollolol
04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Most of us have been encountering an increasing # of hackers. I'm curious, how does this affect your spending on the game (buying / spending gold)? Please be honest, this poll isn't *only* to bribe Gree into policing the game :D

My 2 cents: the # of hackers increased along with the implementing of WD (which caused gold spending to skyrocket) so one could wrongly conclude that hackers don't affect gold spending or cause it to increase. In fact I would spend more if I wasn't consistently reminded that spending gold doesn't give me an advantage over so many non-gold players that hack. So even though profits are way up, Gree is missing out on $$$ because of the rampant hackers.

Now for the pole. Because of all the hackers, I:

Spend more gold to get stronger
Spend less gold
Stopped spending gold
No change from how I used to spend

OK these aren't all mutually exclusive responses, but pick the one that fits best.

It is amusing that you would ask this as your entire haction was bought with money hackers and glitchers. Then once the bonuses were purchased, boot the hackers and change your name. Great move.

Gdy
04-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Fact of the matter is the developers are not willing/able to stop the cheating. Lead Soldiers are being glitched/hacked by players too low in level to obtain them legitimately and these same accounts are actively being played. I will not spend a thin dime on any game where such blatant cheating goes unpunished.

How difficult is it for active and able developers to search for then delete all accounts below a given level found in possession of a specific unit? Leaving the accounts is akin to having land mines that destroy an expensive units that took days to save for. It is disgusting but sadly the way almost all such games actually suffer from.

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
It is amusing that you would ask this as your entire haction was bought with money hackers and glitchers. Then once the bonuses were purchased, boot the hackers and change your name. Great move.

You're misinformed. Our faction is full of well-respected people here. The only player *suspected* of hacking was quickly removed. We self-policed, neither Gree nor other players brought this player to our attention.

But more importantly, please stay on topic.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Hackers have nothing to do with my spending habits.

Besides, we're told, time and time again, there are no hackers in this game.

Teach Me Trollolol
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
You're misinformed. Our faction is full of *suspected* hackers.

How many name changes before you became "respected"?

manbeast
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I know a few people who quit the game altogether because of the hackers

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I was wrong to accuse, my sincere apologies. My best wishes to all you and yours.

I didn't realize you can change the text inside a quote, that's very clever of you. I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 12:48 PM

I know a couple too Manbeast. Sad to lose them.

Teach Me Trollolol
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
I didn't realize I'm an idiot. I'll stop rubbing my mole now.

Well played, does not change the facts, long before your haction name was VFF you were built by hackers and glitchers.

Dutchie
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Trollolol LOL

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-16-2013, 02:40 PM
The message had the right intent. Unfortunately, the messenger was not well vetted.

Sorry Madcow.

BSG123
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Everyday I think about it.

Generik79
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
It hasn't affected my discrete gold purchases, but it has my overall perception of the game and my willingness to continue overall. So far I still have it but it waned with TAR, etc., the customer unfriendly, costly new bonus program sprung on us, the unintentional gold bonus drop snafu and its half measured resolution, etc. So many factors beyond these and beyond your poll David. But certainly this is a major problem for a costly game when played properly.

Thief
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM

First your a troll...so by your very defenition i'm not sure why i'm responding.
With that being said i am apart of VFF. I was apart of the incoming merger.

While i don't know all the early roots of the faction i can tell you that right now we don't have any hackers or glitchers. In fact we have individually gone through each persons inventory to verify there are no hackers because it was a merger and we felt it was our responsibility. The name change was part of the merger requirements from VFF's side.

If it did have a hacker at one point they didn't do a very good job of getting the bonuses...since we still have most of them to max out and are all dilligently donating every day to get more. In fact out of the top 10 Factions in China i believe we have 8th if your ranking by most bonuses. Add in top 25 and it falls closer to 15th.

The point is VFF is not a hacker faction and doesn't have any hackers. The fact that we actually police our own members should be a good thing as we have integrity enough to go and vet out hackers and report them to gree (who tends to do nothing)

I personally hate hackers and while i've been told the rumors i've also been told rumors of hacking in 60% of the top 25 factions. Rumors are not always true.

Thief
04-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Everyday I think about it.

Or go back to Camping :D That sounds like the life for me hahaha.

Mcdoc
04-16-2013, 03:51 PM

Funny how you are able to hide behind an anonymous TROLL account created last month with 3 post and yet you are somehow "holier than thou" to connect MadcowDave to his in-game name.

Coward!

And whatever you "think" your adolescent mind knows about hackers and cheats - on this forum you rank right there in the minds of the respected players who come here fully disclosed and responsible for their remarks because they have the balls to have a forum name the same as their player name.

Hackers - Cheats - Trolls - ALL in the same category of ruining the game & the forum.

And I stand behind Dave that there are no hackers in his faction - but there are definitely some trolls on this thread.

BSG123
04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
And I stand behind Dave that there are no hackers in his faction - but there are definitely some trolls on this thread.

Not as a comment to follow the one you responded to, but as a general comment about VFF and hackers, you better tell your recruiting guys to be more wary of whose wall they leave invites on. I've read them on a couple players I hawk.

Ryans67
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
I think folks are discounting the amount of work involved in building a hacked faction. $49.9 million per donation takes a long time to finish. These are just everyday JOE's, not professionals.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-16-2013, 04:27 PM
And Thief (& Mcdoc, though I've never communicated with you) I do have respect for you as individuals. Seem like great guys, great forum contributors. And the thread had a very valid topic I ardently support.

But to say "What's done is done" is not entirely fair. I'll leave it at that.

At the least I am glad you self police like a responsible faction with integrity. Seeing how no one else is doing any policing in this precinct.

Dutchie
04-16-2013, 04:29 PM
The current results in this poll does not reflect the increase of WD points with each event.... Mmmmmmmmm

Something doesn't add up...

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
The current results in this poll does not reflect the increase of WD points with each event.... Mmmmmmmmm

Oh, it adds up, it sure does add up......

-TANGO-
04-16-2013, 05:15 PM

It's almost as if Gree knew before China began that ONE more big hitting faction and one only would cause a huge rise in the top tier point bracket. I will be first to admit that one particular faction and one of a extremely dubious background I might add, cost me a additional two vaults. To say I was ashamed after the fact was an understatement, never again.

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 06:22 PM
The message had the right intent. Unfortunately, the messenger was not well vetted.

Sorry Madcow.

PM me if you want to ally and check out my units / base. You'll probably be disappointed in how little I've achieved with a lot of $, but the offer stands.

I am disappointed in how quickly a thread can go off track. I intended this thread to be informative for us and Gree in determining how hackers affect our gold spending.... not one of the many (important) threads where hackers and hacking are discussed in general. Please, regardless of your thoughts about me or my faction, please stay on topic.

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 06:28 PM
It hasn't affected my discrete gold purchases, but it has my overall perception of the game and my willingness to continue overall. So far I still have it but it waned with TAR, etc., the customer unfriendly, costly new bonus program sprung on us, the unintentional gold bonus drop snafu and its half measured resolution, etc. So many factors beyond these and beyond your poll David. But certainly this is a major problem for a costly game when played properly.

Very well said Erik. Many issues to tackle.

My assumption is that hackers have a negative affect on Gree profits, and that $$$ is the clearest language to use with any corporation. If my assumption is correct and this poll indicates that, I hope to see less hackers. OK maybe I'm a dreamer, but I'll keep hope.

Madcowdave
04-16-2013, 06:35 PM

No disrespect intended Dutchie, but I think that's unrelated. Consolidation of power was inevitable and has happened in all tiers. It doesn't indicate any positive/negative effect on gold spending due to hackers overall.

King little fruit fly
04-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I started my faction to avoid hackers in ACE, top 5. ;)

I am a cow
04-16-2013, 07:19 PM
doesn't bother me no gold anyways

Generik79
04-16-2013, 08:19 PM
I started my faction to avoid hackers in ACE, top 5. ;)

Sorry. I do not understand what you posted here. Clarify, please?

Q9272
04-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Hackers have nothing to do with my spending habits.

Besides, we're told, time and time again, there are no hackers in this game.

It makes me laugh!

I am a cow
04-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Hackers need a life also they need to get laid by their own mothers