PDA

View Full Version : Vault of Gold, Where to Spend?

the_brein
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm looking to increase my attack and defense points. I was gonna throw a vault of gold at it. I already have a few gold buildings, and in particular, the best for my level.

Can someone tell me on what my gold would be best spent on? I'm not a fan of scratcher and crates. Too unpredictable. Unless someone tells me they're worth it, then I'd rather stay away from them. Any advice?

My stats
Level 68
200k iph
22k att
28k def
333 mafia
And about 10k in rp.

Looking for a top 250 syndicate.

mofisto
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Crates are the best option mate. They usually have the best point increase per gold bar spent.

I would not bother with the current ones though. They are ****.

Have you considered purchasing some henchmen?

Glycogen
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Save for boss event. Or if you feel lucky once you get 8 walkin talkies from cash you can try to get 9 and 10 with gold

Phil C
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Tricky one because i would say spend it in syndicate wars if you had stats of over 100k that way you could get into a top 25 syndicate and that would get u best value for a vault but until then it is crates or limited edition weapons - dont spend it all at once because gree is always bringing out better stuff every week or so - wait for the right weapon that suits you!!

the_brein
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Have you considered purchasing some henchmen?

I'll trade you a bag of ice for three henchmen!

Sarcasm is always welcome!

Bam Bam
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
I would say that you should do something fun with it. Whether it is a boss event, a top 250 event, or something else. A vault of gold won't do very much for your stats in the grand scheme of things, so pick something that gives you the best entertainment value along the way.

Phil C
04-16-2013, 12:11 PM
...and if you end up with a few more vaults then you could grow up to be as strong as Bam Bam!!

Kidkiller
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Stack it for boss event and 250 leader board event. Boss event usually give a good boost to your stats and the 250 leaderboard give a notable items with usual +1k atk/def. And for battle its give a huge edge once in top ranking syndicate to keep a top25 ranking, I would suggest to gather up some vault with 20% or 40% gold sales.

BigMoney
04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
I second the boss event, especially since there is one coming up. At your stats, it'll take ~710 gold to kill the boss 40 times (less gold depending on how fast your stats go up from the items you earn). I like the boss events because they are predictable, you know exactly how much gold you'll have to spend, and there is no luck or variance involved.

the_brein
04-16-2013, 06:48 PM
I second the boss event, especially since there is one coming up. At your stats, it'll take ~710 gold to kill the boss 40 times (less gold depending on how fast your stats go up from the items you earn). I like the boss events because they are predictable, you know exactly how much gold you'll have to spend, and there is no luck or variance involved.

Hmmm interesting. This does seem like the best way to increase stats. I'm sure I can figure out how to beat a boss 40 times with gold. There's enough info available to figure it out. 40 prizes is nice. Is there an average spread of rarity items you win each level?

Kidkiller
04-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Its a gun, a car, a melee,an armor and an explosive items. Its random given . No tier that awards a stronger items each time you beat them its just a straight run to the 40 . That the way the last boss work. If they do like the MW with an award at each 5 level beaten, it would be really nice.

TZora
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
imo the best value for gold is in the boss events. at ur level, i'm sure u can go all the way to beat the boss in a vault of gold (u may still save a lot of gold) and u get 40 + 1 weapons. don't buy the limited edition weapons cuz u'll spend all of the gold in a few seconds if u did that. been there, done that.

Kidkiller
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah , limited item see cheap at first look but don't match those that you'll acquire for 20 gold each + they come in greater number and variety. Just keep it and make them take a nap in your vault for 3 to 4 days than use them with the boss( you'll probably still have plenty of them after) its I think if I remeber correctly 720 gold to beat him up to the lvl40. And you also get a nice prize at the end worthing a 1k atk/def in average. Don't remember the Beantown Mike Roadster stats but they worth it. You could easily rack up between 3-5k of atk/def if not more with this event.

Nosh37
04-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Boss Events do give you nice items. The Beantown Roadster gave 2.1k attack and 1.7k defense and I think the golden gun gave even more combined stats but don't quote me on that. You missed the camping era but can still recover with the amount of money you are willing to spend to do so. If you keep on doing events and increase your IPH you will slowly but surely rise. The main way to raise your stats is activity for a very long time. Boom boom the millionaire who can 8 shot level 40 tier 5 boss has been at it for a while and who knows how many thousands of dollars he has put into this game. It really puts the fun of a couple dollar app into perspective doesn't it. But I digress. If you are into IPH buy Hard Rock Cafes and stuff. Really events give you the best stuff, don't waste your time with the two-dimensional and worthless scams that GREE calls Limited Items. I mean some items w/ 400 combined stats are around 40$. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Kidkiller
04-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Not this internet meme... Anyway I've done this error one time and regret it, impatience is the worst enemy you can face, those limited Items are worthless really. We all says it and I hope you read us, keep your gold 'till the right time.

bald zeemer
04-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah , limited item see cheap at first look but don't match those that you'll acquire for 20 gold each + they come in greater number and variety. Just keep it and make them take a nap in your vault for 3 to 4 days than use them with the boss( you'll probably still have plenty of them after) its I think if I remeber correctly 720 gold to beat him up to the lvl40. And you also get a nice prize at the end worthing a 1k atk/def in average. Don't remember the Beantown Mike Roadster stats but they worth it. You could easily rack up between 3-5k of atk/def if not more with this event.
The cost in gold is entirely dependent on your stats. So saying that you can get a weapon for "20 gold" is meaningless, as is the figure of 720.

Kidkiller
04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Its only my second boss event lolz, I've been around only for month or so. From 7k atk it was still at 20 gold and its was the same at 200 atk. Its just pure theorizing from me only because I've not participated in boss event at 20k atk or higher :) and for the 720 that not me its someone earlier that made that statement so I just reuse it.

AstonP
04-17-2013, 01:43 AM
You have nice stats. Buy some crates they some good loot.

BigMoney
04-17-2013, 02:33 AM
The cost in gold is entirely dependent on your stats. So saying that you can get a weapon for "20 gold" is meaningless, as is the figure of 720.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding his post, but I figured the "20 gold figure" he was referring to was what the_brein would be spending on health packs during the boss event ("plus they come in greater number and variety"). The 720 figure actually is based on the_brein's stats posted in the first post (level 68, 22K attack). Though perhaps you meant that post as a warning to others reading Kidkiller's post, but I believe Kidkiller was speaking directly to OP.

bald zeemer
04-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Ack on the 720 figure, my bad.

On the 20 gold, I want to reinforce:
1. You don't necessarily get an item for 20 gold. The first item after your free attacks fails will probably be achieved with a single health pack, especially on lower tiers, true. But subsequent bosses will require increasing number of health packs. Also, I'm pretty sure that health packs are 10 gold. 20 gold is the cost of a mega-attack, which you should not be using unless you are taking out a boss significantly above what your stats would normally allow (ie, guys in top tier trying to go for boss 40).
2. Bosses being good value is entirely dependent on defeating the final boss. As such, the event should only be looked at in terms of how much gold is required for the event as a whole. Buying a single weapon (or two, or whatever) by defeating extra bosses with gold is a terrible idea.

gambet1234
04-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Best value for gold: The 5 top income gold buildings, beating a lvl40 boss, Getting yourself into a top100 Syn for a single war with your guarantee of gold, the next set of crates that give better items... ...and finally, in last place, blowing it all trying to get the 10th open to get 30%cheaper upgrades and still ending up with only 9.

Deuces914135880
04-17-2013, 05:40 AM
I see henchmen being suggested and I remember reading earlier that henchmen are give an invidual 10 % boost to the loot they are equipt with. is with true? are there any benefits from having a henchman instead of a normal player in your mafia?

scott(ST6)
04-17-2013, 05:45 AM
henchmen can boost your stats up to 73.5%

Deuces914135880
04-17-2013, 05:54 AM
henchmen can boost your stats up to 73.5%
makes no sense, so are you a troll or are you gonna come up with a decent answer and explaing how henchmen work?

scott(ST6)
04-17-2013, 07:43 AM
so are you a troll or are you gonna come up with a decent answer and explaing how henchmen work?

can i do both?

scott(ST6)
04-17-2013, 07:52 AM
being a troll seems sooo much easier than coming up with a good henchmen answer

Kidkiller
04-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Ack on the 720 figure, my bad.

On the 20 gold, I want to reinforce:
1. You don't necessarily get an item for 20 gold. The first item after your free attacks fails will probably be achieved with a single health pack, especially on lower tiers, true. But subsequent bosses will require increasing number of health packs. Also, I'm pretty sure that health packs are 10 gold. 20 gold is the cost of a mega-attack, which you should not be using unless you are taking out a boss significantly above what your stats would normally allow (ie, guys in top tier trying to go for boss 40).
2. Bosses being good value is entirely dependent on defeating the final boss. As such, the event should only be looked at in terms of how much gold is required for the event as a whole. Buying a single weapon (or two, or whatever) by defeating extra bosses with gold is a terrible idea.
Yeah somewhat from the 1st to 15 you can achieve easily with only spending up to 5 the best is not using gold till the ratio of regen and amount of damage you deal take more time than the 2h clock of the boss to complete it.

murf
04-17-2013, 08:54 AM
If you are not going to purchase any more gold and are leveling somewhat fast, it might be best to wait until the good gold buildings open up in the low 100's...with the new high-level cash items, and the in-game cash you need to donate to your syndicate. In-game cash is pretty valuable to the free or low gold spender player. One vault worth of stats is meaningless.

The free player has to focus on economy, smart spending of RP and farming to get decent stats. I haven't spent any gold on weapons and my stats are now 154k/161k.

the_brein
04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Im at 25/31k att def. I want to add 10k on each side before the next syndicate battle. And it seems like the next boss event is gonna be my main target. I WILL be getting ten walkies in the current event. Hopefully, there'll be some new crate prizes before the next battle since it seems like these tend to be of good value as well.

Question on boss events: I've got maybe ten good explosives. Clearly not enough to outfit 300+ mafia. I know a guy that can sell me some anthrax grenades on the down-low. Should I go balls out on them for the boss event? Outfit every mafia member with one?

Kidkiller
04-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Best is to fill entirely your explosive,car,guns,melee and armor for all your mafia to give you a big boost so its 300 of each items class so yes getting anthrax grenade is a good Idea unless you have rack up thousand of RP go for the RP explosive. They will also be indestructible so you won't have to bought more overtime.

bimmer kid
04-17-2013, 12:50 PM
makes no sense, so are you a troll or are you gonna come up with a decent answer and explaing how henchmen work?

wheres dipstick when you need him

Jame Hetfield
04-21-2013, 12:20 AM
My stats
Level 68
200k iph
22k att
28k def
333 mafia

Here's what this vault of gold went towards:
300 gold for the tenth walkie talkie
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/the_brein/91d31aed86c0b71a2cee46409a241b19.jpg
About 700 gold to beat the boss 40 times.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/the_brein/b8d4515ee3c6f1cdc1061cf15d93bb56.jpg
Here's the loot I got from the boss:
Skullbiter Sawed-Off x8 108/99
Riot Mob Nailgun x3 240/206
Chaos Bomb x1 53/44
Rebel Spike Boots x3 212/234
Anarchy Gas Mask x1 198/248
Punk Plaid Pants x8 41/56
Studded Rock Jacket x4 95/112
Radioactive Cadillac x4 101/106
Toxic Razor x8 49/48
Mayhem Mobile x1 2341/1970

Updated stats:
Level 71
237k iph
38k att
42k def
354 mafia

Thanks to bald zeemer and kid killer for the help and suggestions. Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions.

the_brein

Swedevil
04-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Here's what this vault of gold went towards:
300 gold for the tenth walkie talkie
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/the_brein/91d31aed86c0b71a2cee46409a241b19.jpg
About 700 gold to beat the boss 40 times.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/the_brein/b8d4515ee3c6f1cdc1061cf15d93bb56.jpg
Here's the loot I got from the boss:
Skullbiter Sawed-Off x8 108/99
Riot Mob Nailgun x3 240/206
Chaos Bomb x1 53/44
Rebel Spike Boots x3 212/234
Anarchy Gas Mask x1 198/248
Punk Plaid Pants x8 41/56
Studded Rock Jacket x4 95/112
Radioactive Cadillac x4 101/106
Toxic Razor x8 49/48
Mayhem Mobile x1 2341/1970

Updated stats:
Level 71
237k iph
38k att
42k def
354 mafia

Thanks to bald zeemer and kid killer for the help and suggestions. Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions.

the_brein

Congrats on finishing both. I spent 600 gold because I was stuck on 8 for 64 opens and could t get past. 600 gold did me no good. In OT seeing if I can get number 9

Fatherllama
04-21-2013, 01:30 AM
As a general rule, never spend gold on crates or open-tens unless you're buying several vaults a month. Best way to spend it is higher-level cash buildings, boss events (if you're not in T5), and LTQs when they hit. Crates are way too low a value for their cost and open-tens are the epitome of randomness.

Jame Hetfield
04-21-2013, 02:24 AM
As a general rule, never spend gold on crates or open-tens unless you're buying several vaults a month. Best way to spend it is higher-level cash buildings, boss events (if you're not in T5), and LTQs when they hit. Crates are way too low a value for their cost and open-tens are the epitome of randomness.

What are LTQ's? Seen that thrown around a bit.

Swedevil
04-21-2013, 06:14 AM

I beg to differ. The crates law time had a 62% better ratio of gold to stat payout for even the worst common.
The payout there was better then a lot of limited Tim items that people are buying. Crates can be worth it if its bought when the item is right.

OneHoop
04-21-2013, 08:28 AM
I guess that we can add kidkiller to the Bala82 club of people always ready with an incorrect answer!

Pretty depressing when people tell you that spending a $100 on a game won't really help, am I right?!? :) I agree with Fatherllama that limited gold spenders are best off taking it slow and building IPH. Gentleman's Clubs and Palm Hotels are your best bet, although lots of people also invest in Rock Cafes and Pirate Taverns (collection times are non-ideal). The lower level ones aren't that worthwhile, but if you're leveling slowly enough you might consider Churches and Wedding Chapels.

My calculation for the original stats is a minimum of 910G to 40 bosses. That calculation is dependent upon being able to heal to 100% for free between bosses, so the OP must've gotten QUITE lucky with the collect10.

I believe that if you can spend 10G for one extra boss prize or 30G for two extra boss prizes, it is still a good value regardless of whether the final prize is obtained. Currently with my tier 5 character, I can get 3 extra bosses with 60G and one level. While the cap on crates is higher, the floor is also lower and it will cost about 60G for one. The drop rate on bosses is better than or equal to 15% R, 20%U, 65%C. If you average 2 commons and an uncommon, it is still better than crates. Furthermore, the drop rate for uncommon and rare boss prizes seems to increase with boss level, so there is more likelihood of getting a rare or an uncommon with the last 3 bosses that you kill.

Once it starts costing the same as a crate per boss and it doesn't get you to boss 40, the law of diminishing returns dominates. However, we don't know (at least I don't) how the upcoming change to bosses will affect it, so you can't necessarily "save gold for the next boss event".

Collect10s and auction events are not worthwhile unless you have more than one vault to spend.

LTQ = Limited-Time Quests. Apparently through its beta testing for CC... This and the new boss-format are said to be designed to discourage camping/encourage leveling. Something to consider when looking at Churches and Wedding Chapels.

M@

Crime Time
04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
wheres dipstick when you need him

Oh no ..you said the d word.

Jame Hetfield
04-24-2013, 05:45 AM
That I know isn't true. Perhaps more of a conspiracy theory:

What if your chances of opening the final crate in a collect ten or twenty actually decreases with gold usage? If you use gold and open the final crate, then there's no more need to dump gold in to it. But if it actually gets harder without you actually seeing it, and you're already spending gold, then you're likely to spend more in frustration.

Destroyer#1
04-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Nice theory, but i will not be the one to test it, previous events cost me a fortune. And indeed without getting the 10th or 20th

CM Recruitment
04-24-2013, 09:01 AM
That I know isn't true. Perhaps more of a conspiracy theory:

What if your chances of opening the final crate in a collect ten or twenty actually decreases with gold usage? If you use gold and open the final crate, then there's no more need to dump gold in to it. But if it actually gets harder without you actually seeing it, and you're already spending gold, then you're likely to spend more in frustration.

You could use gold to get all but the 10th and 20th, then compare the results.

the_brein
05-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Packer Heights down the drain (top 25 syndicate) and several vaults later.... Here's my stats:
Level 80
86k att
89k def
513k iph

I can safely say, gold is best used to finish boss events, opening the tenth case, and the limited crate deals. Mac daddy is pimp.

Assuming you're looking for stats and not iph.