PDA

View Full Version : Will defense building increase our stats?

flashman88
04-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Will defense building increase our stats? Or it just help on defense when rivals attack me?

tehlolkid
04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Defense buildings are useless if you ask me. It won't help you when someone attacks you. Maybe it helps a little when someone is robbing you ( not alone, but along with a lot of factors like defense skill points etc.).

It just helps to inflate your defense stats so dont bother building a lot of them and upgrading to level 10

BigMoney
04-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Defense buildings are useless if you ask me. It won't help you when someone attacks you. Maybe it helps a little when someone is robbing you ( not alone, but along with a lot of factors like defense skill points etc.).

It just helps to inflate your defense stats so dont bother building a lot of them and upgrading to level 10

Upgraded defense buildings falsely inflate defense stats, but how do you get the other way around to happen (low profile defense, but high actual defense)? Do syndicate defense bonuses not show up when viewing someone a rival's profile stats?

bald zeemer
04-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Skill points and syndicate bonus (on android only?).

Recruit
04-16-2013, 03:15 AM
It only helps when you are robbed - it does not help when you are attacked.

4Nik8R
04-16-2013, 03:38 AM
I don't think they even help during a robbery! I had a guy walk right thru my def blds and rob my lofts. I have 2 lvl8 agencies, 4 lvl7 towers, and 4 lvl 3 gats sirrounfijg ky lofts. He also had 5k less in atk than my def. I spend ALL my skill points on atk and def. I got revenge and got my money back, pous interest! I think think they are USELESS!!!

BigMoney
04-16-2013, 03:45 AM
It only helps when you are robbed - it does not help when you are attacked.

I believe I've read here that the defense buildings' contributions are halved when you are attacked. That's better than nothing.

BigMoney
04-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Skill points and syndicate bonus (on android only?).

I am on android. Lack of syndicate bonus makes sense, I think, at least for most cases. I remember some extreme cases of checking a profile and seeing something like a 25k defense, attacking, and seeing a 57k attack defense. Can't be completely sure, but I think that's a little much for just syndicate bonuses.

Only other relevant comment I have on the topic, is that I noticed if I view a syndicate member's profile, I see their stats including syndicate bonuses, and when I visit their hood and check their friend profile, I see much lower stats (presumably stats without syndicate bonuses). Perhaps Android users see stats this way even for rivals? I have had a long recent string of being unsuccessfully attacked since I upgraded my syndicate, so I can't be the only one seeing misleading stats.

bald zeemer
04-16-2013, 04:47 AM
I don't think they even help during a robbery! I had a guy walk right thru my def blds and rob my lofts. I have 2 lvl8 agencies, 4 lvl7 towers, and 4 lvl 3 gats sirrounfijg ky lofts. He also had 5k less in atk than my def. I spend ALL my skill points on atk and def. I got revenge and got my money back, pous interest! I think think they are USELESS!!!

You're not far wrong.

The biggest problem you have is that you've upgraded defense buildings. So what you believe to be your defense is actually much higher than your actual defense. BGAs especially inflate your shown defense enormously.

Edit: Sorry, I missed this - but the biggest problem you have is that you've put skill points into attack and defense (any is too many, all may cause you significant problems, depending on your level). Stamina and energy is where you want to put them, unless you're camping, in which case bank them. Upgrading your def buildings is your second biggest problem /edit

Even so, a 5k difference is easily overcome. Hard to tell what your current defense is, but if it's 15k or over then anyone within 5k will be able to rob you - maybe red/green, but they will get through.

Basically you need to have a 50% premium on the attackers attack stat to not get robbed.

BigMoney
04-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Why would you want to bank your skill points if you're camping?

Robin Hood
04-16-2013, 06:28 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

Enjoy

4Nik8R
04-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Makes no sense! All these stats are garbage if you ask me. I check profile before attacking and I see 25k for defense. I double tap and RED! pvp menu said his def is 35k! Others I've attacked had larger profile stats and the pvp is way smaller. Why can't TRUE stats be shown? In modern war I have 3 screen shots of pvp on same player. My attack stats jumped from 19k up to 28k and in between. Why the fluctuation?

Elliotyee215
04-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Each building doesn't give you the defense shown. The higher lvl Def buildings when upgraded are closer to the actual Def shown. Example lvl 8 security Center is 647def but actually gives you around 400+ or so.

KillerKat
04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Why does it show the defense level if it's not the real level? Doesn't make any sense!

bald zeemer
04-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Each building doesn't give you the defense shown. The higher lvl Def buildings when upgraded are closer to the actual Def shown. Example lvl 8 security Center is 647def but actually gives you around 400+ or so.

You've got that backwards. Upgrading defense buildings adds very little to true defense, and the more upgraded they are, the bigger the gap between real defense and true defense. I couldn't be bothered checking the real numbers but I can assure you that nobody unfortunate enough to have upgraded a security centre to level 8 is getting 400 defense from it.

And they're probably getting hit repeatedly by people like me who are always curious to see just how wide the gap is.

Lars
04-18-2013, 02:24 AM
You've got that backwards. Upgrading defense buildings adds very little to true defense, and the more upgraded they are, the bigger the gap between real defense and true defense. I couldn't be bothered checking the real numbers [...]

Exactly! See http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings for the actual numbers or http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37263-Attack-and-Defense-mechanics-summary-of-old-forum-knowledge for a detailed explanation of the mechanics.

shaman01
04-18-2013, 02:45 AM
im confused is it worth spending money to build abandoned buildings? they look like they add a lot of defence

bald zeemer
04-18-2013, 03:02 AM
No.

The only worthwhile defense buildings (until very late game) are 2x2's, and only when saving for better buildings.
Your best bet is to hold off at least until you get Gatlings.

The best way to actually boost defense is through items. Work on your iph, collect respect (if you aren't camping), and buy the items that will boost your real stats.