PDA

View Full Version : Moment of Silence

Jhenry02
04-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Moment of silence requested for a national tragedy in the United States.

The bombing in Boston, Massachusettes may not have directly affected you or your family. But it has affected many lives. So sometime today, just sit please in a moment of reflection. I ask that during this brief period you pray or offer hope for those touched by hatred.

-Jason

Mcdoc
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Glad to hear that Marebear (from Boston) was not affected and that some of our dear friends who run Marathons (like Solo) were not there.

Prayers and thoughts with those that have had their lives affected by this unnecessary tragedy.

Trebor
04-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Being from NY and going thru 9-11 this saddens me the same and yet all the precautions and all the new safety measures this still happens. No where is safe anymore

Ssne
04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Amen and a good post. Makes all this MW chatter seem quite unimportant.

Scabbyfeet
04-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Well said guys . Being from the area this obviously hits home hard ! My thoughts and prayers are with the victims .

KFH
04-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Never though something like this would be so close to home. My thoughts are with everyone affected.

Yankster
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Very well put JHenry... I'm 20 minutes from Newtown CT and have friends directly involved there, I'm 2.5 hours from Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and their loved ones.

Fsk
04-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Don't mean to be a downer but I hear some of the sandyhook families were in the bleachers near the finish line :(

Philly982
04-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Very true. I am at a loss for words of the atrocities that were committed today.

Golf4life
04-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Yes the 26th mile was dedicated to the Victims of the Sandyhook massacre.

Dry
04-15-2013, 07:34 PM
As an Israeli ,I know how it looks up close , I know how it feels ,,,kids , moms ,dads , ,,,, very sad
My prayers with them , god bless

HunterKiller
04-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I have been in a similar event myself, I know it is something that will be in the survivors minds forever.
An attack like this certainly sends shockwaves around the world, if it can happen in a place like Boston, nowhere is safe anymore.

I am a cow
04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.daproverb.be/sites/default/files/field/image/HR_Last_Post_small.jpg

Heres to the victims

Jhenry02
04-16-2013, 12:56 AM
There are those that run from danger and those that run to danger.
I guarantee every person that ever runs towards danger feels fear.
But they rise above the challenge and go to the aid of others.
We have a term for those people here in the states; heroes.

Heroes come in all shapes, sizes, races, creeds, and beliefs. History is bursting with these tales. People that will always rise to the occasion. The sad thing is that we can only recognize, identify, and honor these people, after a tragedy.

So for that I ask for a moment of silence for the lost, the hurt, the suffering, and the heroes.

-Jason

Jhoemel
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Well said jason

All prayers for the victims and everyone who are involved

Sugarymama
04-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Very, very tragic. Only cowards target events such as this one, where there are families, babies. An 8 year old was killed...

I went to college in Boston so this hits a nerve personally. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims. Truly senseless.

I am a cow
04-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Very, very tragic. Only cowards target events such as this one, where there are families, babies. An 8 year old was killed...

I went to college in Boston so this hits a nerve personally. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims. Truly senseless.

9/11 was bad but this innocent children an 8 year old child WTF (sorry I brought up 9/11) I understand that it is tough for you Americans and now I understand why all of you have guns stuffed in your back pocket or in a secret trapdoor I your house