PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Faction Alert - Donations to the Faction

Mcdoc
04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
OPTION 1: Make it work like KA
OPTION 2: Keep it as is

We LOVE the fact that we are able to see who is contributing to the Factions with the faction alerts - however - the faction alerts have now killed another valuable communications tool - so now we have a hard time with real communications or even just friendly team conversations as those post roll off the newsfeed much quicker now. In fact - most of the time - the whole news feed is just Faction alerts.

Here is a request to make BOTH tools as valuable as possible. Please move the faction alerts regarding donations to be under the Faction / Donate Tab - as it's own "Tracker" button.

EDIT: "OR just like you have done in Kingdom Age"

That would open up the Faction Forum again for more useful team communication and still allow the leaders to keep track of who is contributing to the faction bank. Under this tab - it would be helpful if the alerts were kept on a 36 hour refresh time before they rolled off so those who are tasked with transcribing the donations over to another spreadsheet for the team - will have ample time to do so. THIS creates a valuable Officer position for every faction - the "Donation Tracker" - or for those team who have each member transcribe their own donations - it at least gives time for officers to look back at a 36 hour pattern vs only being able to go back 3 to 6 hours during high volume activity.

The one exception to the rule would be to keep the Faction alert for when someone declares war. That is super useful for when you pop in to try and engage in battle - and also to clarify who is / who should be declaring.

I hope you will see a lot of others chime in on this issue to support this request.

I am going to attempt a poll with 2 options:

1) Please make the Faction Alert work like KA
2) Leave the Faction Alerts it as is

EDIT: Since it seems like what I am asking for is already perfectly engineered in Kingdom Age - that is what the poll should really say :)

I am a cow
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Voted for separate tab

Ranger4Life
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Make it like KA.

Mcdoc
04-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Ranger - what is different about it in KA ?

Kot
04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Mcdoc, in KA you can turn off the faction alert, and you can click a button and see every ones total doantion

manbeast
04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
KA you can toggle faction alert on and off in the faction forum, and under donation tab you can click "donation log" to see everyone's TOTAL donations to date

It's perfect. Been waiting for them to move the feature to MW.. Not sure what's taking so long

Franks79
04-15-2013, 06:10 PM
And a refresh button in the forum would be nice as well.

HenryVIII
04-15-2013, 07:28 PM
The KA setup is ideal and one which should be implemented throughout all gree games.

Mcdoc
04-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I guess I never played around in the KA Faction area enough to see those subtle features. Now I agree with Ranger4Life - please make it like KA :)

Dutchie
04-15-2013, 11:22 PM
The change requires a new client push and that could take months...

Mcdoc
04-15-2013, 11:26 PM
At least we know the code already exists in KA - so it shouldn't take TOO much to convert MW over to that same model - one can dream :)

mickymacirl
04-16-2013, 01:51 AM
The code for tracking donations to factions in MW has been active for quite some time, it will be introduced soon.

Sugarymama
04-16-2013, 02:17 AM
I don't understand why certain features wouldn't be rolled out to MW first, since I believe it was launched prior to KA (or am I wrong?) You can even change your name in KA without having to open a ticket. Imagine that.

Stacey
04-16-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't play KA but the way it is done there seems a lot better.

mistergreen
04-16-2013, 08:00 AM
I've never played KA but this functionality sounds perfect. Why do it for one game and not the other????

Thief
04-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Just Duplicate KA's System....its what should have been done in the first place.

It eliminates the neet for loot trackers and eases communication.

Max Power
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
The KA setup is ideal and one which should be implemented throughout all gree games.

Agree 100%.