PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate Events - Punishing dedicated players at high levels

Yahkin
04-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Something in the fight algorithm needs to change before the next battle ensues. Pretty much anyone over level 200 is no longer welcome in high level syndicates because of their inability to obtain decent influence points per fight. As a level 210, I have been able to average just under 350 per fight by being very selective and sitting out several fights where there are no enemies over level 200. Lower levels can easily average 450 or more per fight, and as a result nearly all syndicates we face now have nothing but lower level players in them.

I understand having a reward system in place for defeating players of higher levels, but it breaks down at the old level cap. Most players at the level cap have played this game over a year (17 months in my case), and are essentially being punished for their dedication to the game. It also solidifies Gree's support of camping within the game.

kingofwale
04-15-2013, 07:26 AM
yes, i wish it ties in more with other aspect too. such as ATT and DEF.

what Gree really should do is to INCREASE MAFIA LIMIT when you are at higher lvl!!! what's the point of me having over 1000 at lvl 189 when I can just camp at lvl 100??

I remember the whole team raping a character called Budda because he was high lvl with low def. lol

(CK) EL
04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
you are right
influence points, experience points and respect points should be based on rival's stats and not level.
The stronger player you attack the more influence you gain. Now almost everybody finds the highest level-low stat player and attacks.
Of course this will never happen because they have to rewrite the code for all their games

Crime Time
04-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Some events, high level is to your advantage... This is not one of them. Sorry you can't have everything

Yahkin
04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Some events, high level is to your advantage... This is not one of them. Sorry you can't have everything

Which events would those be?
Boss events? Nope, high levels have to spend piles of gold to get end item. Low levels can defeat 50 without gold.
Open 10 and Open 20's? Nope, we have to pay more for cash opens and win cash prizes that are less than the cost of the open.
Can't think of a single event that being at level cap has been an advantage.

iteachem
04-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Boss events? Nope, high levels have to spend piles of gold to get end item. Low levels can defeat 50 without gold.
Open 10 and Open 20's? Nope, we have to pay more for cash opens and win cash prizes that are less than the cost of the open.

Maybe only the pvp because of the potential to have much more stamina and not have to log on quite as often to rack up numbers

Crime Time
04-15-2013, 08:38 AM

Oh.. Guess it sucks to be you.

Issaquah
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
With the level expansion, I anticipate the max allies jumping from 500 to 1000 or so in the near future.

kingofwale
04-15-2013, 11:51 AM
With the level expansion, I anticipate the max allies jumping from 500 to 1000 or so in the near future.

yes... maybe maybe max 50 for level 150 and below. and increasing that everytime you level up

Only fair thing to do.

Killshot-CC
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
My two cents: I agree with the others. Since the syndicate pairing brings equal standing groups together, it doesn't seem like there needs to be a curve. If a top 10 went against a 3000th place syndicate, then I get it. But since that doesn't happen, I'm not sure why there's a need to skew the numbers so radically.

Justsimply
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
yes, i wish it ties in more with other aspect too. such as ATT and DEF.

what Gree really should do is to INCREASE MAFIA LIMIT when you are at higher lvl!!! what's the point of me having over 1000 at lvl 189 when I can just camp at lvl 100??

I remember the whole team raping a character called Budda because he was high lvl with low def. lol

Budda was a great hit, could have fought that syndicate 20-30 more times

tassychris
04-15-2013, 12:25 PM
My one cents worth this is definitly an issue that needs to be looked at. At 228 the only time I got hits worth over 400 was when I hit a player at 223 and his defence wasnt even that good. Last event I got way over a million but this event I spent more and didnt even hit the million barrier. Other players with similar number of attacks killed me in the rankings. Not good

cooch
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Kind of perverse...lvl 200s with great stats or good stats being dumped by top 100s because lvl to high. Of course Gree continues to make adjustments. Like constant attacking of a great target pt range used to be a firm 450-500+ and now bounces from 300s to 500s..by end of battle firmly 300s.

So who knows we adjust, unfaithful to good team members, only to be nailed by next Gree change. I guess in a few months the integrity of Syns will be questioned as syn hoppers are now

gunny22
04-15-2013, 01:43 PM
I found one: the rush to the next level cap. The closer you are to the current level cap, the less gold it will cost you.

gunny22
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Lower levels can easily average 450 or more per fight, and as a result nearly all syndicates we face now have nothing but lower level players in them.

I now have my own syndicate because the previous owner left. Put already much money in it, so I'm not leaving it, but I want to make the best from it.
Can you explain to me how I can average 450 per fight?

TIA

scott(ST6)
04-15-2013, 01:55 PM
if you're a level 50ish and can beat a level 200ish, with the wall down, you'll get 400+ average pretty easy

gunny22
04-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Pretty much anyone over level 200 is no longer welcome in high level syndicates because of their inability to obtain decent influence points per fight. As a level 210, I have been able to average just under 350 per fight by being very selective and sitting out several fights where there are no enemies over level 200. Lower levels can easily average 450 or more per fight, and as a result nearly all syndicates we face now have nothing but lower level players in them.

And of course, you are very welcome in my (LOW) level syndicate.
I accept every player who wants to donate regularly and participate actively in the syndicate wars.
I already have Building Output at +10% and different other bonuses so you actually get something in return for it.

I got almost 28.000 points this weekend ending around 2420 all by myself. Would like to go for 1500 next time so I accept every player who can contribute (better than no players at all).

gunny22
04-15-2013, 02:05 PM
if you're a level 50ish and can beat a level 200ish, with the wall down, you'll get 400+ average pretty easy

OK, thanks, I'll try to remember that next time:
after taking out the leader I have to spend my next attacks on the opponent with the biggest level.

apotheosis
04-15-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm level 35 and I would win fights against players many levels above me including into the 100s, but many of times I got less then 300 IP from someone more than 3 times my level.

teo
04-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I am one of the low level/strong stat people. I honestly did not see as pronounced an effect as I had come to believe it would be. I would get 300's a lot when I thought for sure this was going to be a record setter....I did overall get better ip than higher level players on same targets but it wasn't to the extent that is sounds like sometimes..

AFed
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
LTQs will benefit high level players as they have more energy/stamina

mongorie
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
LTQs will benefit high level players as they have more energy/stamina

IF and WHEN they come to CC that is.

BigMoney
04-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I am one of the low level/strong stat people. I honestly did not see as pronounced an effect as I had come to believe it would be. I would get 300's a lot when I thought for sure this was going to be a record setter....I did overall get better ip than higher level players on same targets but it wasn't to the extent that is sounds like sometimes..

Yep. I was in the 80s, and I averaged 307.7 points on a level 197. The level 153 on my team averaged 305.7. I was trying to figure out how the level difference works for awarding points, but I averaged roughly the same amount of points (over hundreds of attacks, mind you) against a 150, 197, 201, and a 144. It seemed to me like so long as the other player was X levels above you, you'd get roughly the same number of points regardless of their actual level.