PDA

View Full Version : Unit Inflation - The Scratchers Debate

Poopenshire
04-15-2013, 05:21 AM
How many of you have actually looked at the Scratchers Payout Tables?
How many of you have looked at the LE set strength values lately?

Guess what, a few months ago Gree intitiated a huge shift in the MW system. An inflation of unit values across the board.

LE sets - average payout per set increased by >2.5 times previous values

Crates - average payout per set increased by >2.75 times previous values

Specail events - average payout per win increased by >5 times previous values (in same cases 10 times)

Now lets talk about Scratchers:

http://i46.tinypic.com/345d3lz.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/2echq1z.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/33u8uit.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/19bgo0.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/if76o4.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/s4cpzt.png

Ok seriously. Its bad enough when they were introduced none of these were significant for anyone, now after such huge changes to the game environment, to still have these rediculously low value Scratchers is an insult to us as players.

Money and Valor too, are completely out of whack with the current game mechanic. Guys, its time to rethink Scratchers and rebalance them with the rest of the game.

ProCision
04-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Worst part of my day is the daily scratcher.

-TANGO-
04-15-2013, 05:37 AM
What a free scratcher that takes one second to complete and offers you the opportunity to win one billion virtual pounds is an insult.

Good heavens how dare they offer us something for nothing. Off with their heads says I.

-TANGO-
04-15-2013, 05:39 AM

L O L

Well that's just not living a full life my friend.

megaants
04-15-2013, 05:47 AM
I think it is better not to switch this. The way the game work is simple.

If free unit = higher stats
Then paid units (event, LE set) = must be even higher

There is no way they would make the game where free players stand a chance to go toe to toe with gold players

Poopenshire
04-15-2013, 05:50 AM
I think it is better not to switch this. The way the game work is simple.

If free unit = higher stats
Then paid units (event, LE set) = must be even higher

There is no way they would make the game where free players stand a chance to go toe to toe with gold players

Ah that would be fine if Scratchers didn't cost gold other than your 1 free a day.

See Scratchers are not Free all the time and I know many people who have spent real gold on these items.

BSG123
04-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Now lets talk about Scratchers:

hehe ^_^

P, the tone was set perfectly, for that line to have maximum effect.

Ranger4Life
04-15-2013, 06:34 AM
Please do not discuss supports decision making skills. This will lead to this thread being deleted and you being banned.

Golf4life
04-15-2013, 06:54 AM
What a free scratcher that takes one second to complete and offers you the opportunity to win one billion virtual pounds is an insult.

Good heavens how dare they offer us something for nothing. Off with their heads says I.

second this

SevenO9
04-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Scratch the Scratchers. Can't recall getting anything usefull ever.

otisthetowndrunk
04-15-2013, 08:03 AM
I've won 10 mil on all 3 accounts and 25K valor with my llp all since Jan. so I've been lucky. Obviously I like the free one-a-day scratcher.

S&H Max
04-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Gold buyer can choice what they buy so the solution is easy, dont buy scratcher if you dont like the payout...

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Not to worry, the ante will be UPPED on scratchers very soon.

Change takes time.....

Thief
04-15-2013, 08:52 AM
lol are you trying to tell me that those 7-16 stat troops are not making it into your army? I simply don't believe it! Those things are soo powerful...in fact i have no idea how many i have...all i know is they make up a large percentage of my army....No not my 2000 units i bring to battle....just my whole army.

On a serious note i've never won anything on scratchers worth anything.

I won a couple 10 million drop in the buckets and some 2500 valor and i think one 51/53 infantry unit.
Needless to say maybe i have horrible luck but Scratchers don't make or break my game....

With that being said if they do change Scratchers they should change them with Tiers.
It could be a big game changer for an LLP to get some of the current items....make thos items even more valuable and its the lucky that benefit.

The idea i like is give 24 hour boosts with Scratchers.

50% income increase
25% upgrade reduction
10% Air attack

ETC ETC.

You can hold onto 10 boosts at a time.

scurvynaive
04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Having misclicked and accidentally purchased a scratcher once I definitely agree something should be changed. On the other hand I cannot complain about something that is free so I think the most sensible solution is to reduce the cost of a scratcher down to 10, no make that 5.

Even at 5 it is probably overpriced but at least somewhat reasonable, 30 is clearly a massive overpayment considering you are about 95% likely to get something totally worthless. 4.9% likely to get something so-so and .1% likely to be happy with your decision to purchase a scratcher.

scalpel
04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Scratchers are there only as a gateway drug to crack (gold)

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Scratchers are there only as a gateway drug to crack (gold)

Good answer....Survey says - 99%

Sillybeans
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I'll take the 1bill or even 100m scratcher but that's about it... go two 5 scratcher units on my LLP tho

Shawshank
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
It's true. I haven't gotten anything useful from scratchers in months. I used to get decent amounts of valor, but now I only get units with values so low, they don't event contribute to my alliance score. But who knows, maybe I just have rotten luck.

Poopenshire
04-15-2013, 01:47 PM
The money and Valor are low, but bearable. The units, well they are more than a joke. No one is saying make a match 1 unit 100/100 in stats, but single digits, and low ones at that????? Not realy gonna cut it. It seems with unit inflation on bosses already increasing by a factor of >2.5 as well, your arguments of your getting something for nothing do not really work well, as every single player can get atleast 5 free commons from Bosses.

I am a cow
04-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Question is 10 million useful cos I jut got that

Paisthecoolest
04-16-2013, 11:33 AM

You hit a button, get something free, and move on. That is the worst part of your day? Wow! I want your life

vball
04-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Poop, cmon man tell us the truth was it you who spent gold on scratchers? ;-)

Free scratchers are OK, and at first liked the units, but frankly now would rather win the 1 billion or 100 million so I can use it for an upgrade.

In KA, they have not updated the valor unit equivalents, but hope they do make some changes as the inflation factor in units is somewhat crazy right now.

I remember when I was amazed at my faction raider and now it does not even appear on my top 45.