PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Prizes, Scale of 1 to 10 & Suggestions

Chasm37
04-14-2013, 11:27 AM
It seems Gree needs some assistance it the creative department. Gree please take this into strong consideration!

Top 1(30% More Cash from Buildings) - Rating(5) - OK prize but not as top 1. Suggestion - A weapon similar to level 250 prize Death Scope, Stats 6700/11761. But include a Mod of 10% attack increase.

Top 2(Rival use 3 Fewer Mafia Members) - Rating(3) - Not interested. Should be a Top 100 prize. Suggestion - Defensive building with mod that provides a 10% defense increase.

Top 3( Mafia Attack Increase by 5% - Rating (10) - Great prize for this spot!! Suggestion - Or you could use (30% More Cash from Buildings) prize here.

The rest of prizes are great as well......CC members please feel free to offer suggestions.

Thank you for your consideration

marshmall
04-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Good idea there Chasm. As now there is no item at all that shows you got the price and how will you know in few months what mod you got.....
Also it shows ppl when beeing hitted that you been fighting and is in top3 syndicate.
Atleast on a top 25 event you get a item with mod but in syndicate top 3 nothing..... bad gree since it costs alot of gold just getting a modifier you cant see.
Some other games got upgrade more buildings at same time. When will it be as top1 price here....That would fit as a top 1 price..

OneHoop
04-14-2013, 12:23 PM
What you're not considering is that the Top 3 spots get all the prizes below them, and that they don't want to create (read: add to) an unfair advantage so that people stop trying to win knowing that it is hopeless.

I do sorta wish that they had a "Tiny Gold Fiddle" for the #1 prize, but since it'd have to be high enough in defensive stats to show on those guys battle pages, see above.

Also not considered is that these modifiers are stacking with their already existing modifiers. Gree is creating a super-race, and will have to continue its stat-inflation to keep the game interesting.

I do laugh at the 5 more mafia members or 3 fewer mafia members, since those are by definition going to be the least powerful mafia members and for someone with 500 mafia that means far less than 1% overall modifier. Basically, the Indians are getting screwed here, but will still spend gold to stay in #2 as a point of pride.

M@

lordsagacity
04-14-2013, 12:26 PM
It seems Gree needs some assistance it the creative department. Gree please take this into strong consideration!

Top 1(30% More Cash from Buildings) - Rating(5) - OK prize but not as top 1. Suggestion - A weapon similar to level 250 prize Death Scope, Stats 6700/11761. But include a Mod of 10% attack increase.

Top 2(Rival use 3 Fewer Mafia Members) - Rating(3) - Not interested. Should be a Top 100 prize. Suggestion - Defensive building with mod that provides a 10% defense increase.

Top 3( Mafia Attack Increase by 5% - Rating (10) - Great prize for this spot!! Suggestion - Or you could use (30% More Cash from Buildings) prize here.

The rest of prizes are great as well......CC members please feel free to offer suggestions.

Thank you for your consideration

They should make a top 5 reward to dig more gold from top 4-10.

(CK) EL
04-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes 1st team gets all prizes but in this game what counts is who has better stats and not who has good stats. So when i pay 10 times more gold than my rival, i want to get a prize equal to that. If me and my rival raise our stats the same then the result is zero
I am absolutely certain that next syndicate prizes for top 3 will be even worse than current ones
Gree believes that top 3 teams will spend gold no matter what the prize is and seems to be right,
but this is not the right way to keep yr best customers satisfied.

BigJoee
04-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Great ideas guys. What I'd like to see is something along the lines of #1 prize being something like in the box 10 events. Something that stands out from there others and 2 and 3 lesser not the top ten getting the same weapons. Also, after the battle has been totally won by which ever team they get to name their weapon of choice. Something to stand out for all the hardworking team members coming together. Thanks and happy gaming to all CC players. .

dudeman
04-14-2013, 01:07 PM
At the very least, the top three prizes could come with medals (gold, silver, bronze). It would be even better if they had stats appropriate to the costs required to obtain those places, but at least having something visible in the inventory to show off would be a good start.

Or perhaps even unique buildings that cannot be (legitimately) obtained by any other means, although something like that would almost certainly require the ability to expand your hood more than 30 times.

Chasm37
04-14-2013, 01:15 PM
At the very least, the top three prizes could come with medals (gold, silver, bronze). It would be even better if they had stats appropriate to the costs required to obtain those places, but at least having something visible in the inventory to show off would be a good start.

Or perhaps even unique buildings that cannot be (legitimately) obtained by any other means, although something like that would almost certainly require the ability to expand your hood more than 30 times.

I think the medal idea is superb! Sorta like "Milkovich's Badge" from boss event. In this case it would be: "Market Plaza Gold Medal", "Market Plaza Silver Medal", "Market Plaza Bronze Medal" very good idea!

lordsagacity
04-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes 1st team gets all prizes but in this game what counts is who has better stats and not who has good stats. So when i pay 10 times more gold than my rival, i want to get a prize equal to that. If me and my rival raise our stats the same then the result is zero
I am absolutely certain that next syndicate prizes for top 3 will be even worse than current ones
Gree believes that top 3 teams will spend gold no matter what the prize is and seems to be right,
Agree. Moreover, the top 3 reward is linked to syndicate. If you leave the syndicate, you lose the reward. This cannot justify the gold spending.

cooch
04-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Just simply 3 vaults for #1, 2 for #2 and 1 for #3. They will blow thru them on weekly events anyway saves time for coders to fix issues in gree.

dudeman
04-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Agree. Moreover, the top 3 reward is linked to syndicate. If you leave the syndicate, you lose the reward. This cannot justify the gold spending.

I think this needs to be verified, but I believe you are incorrect. My understanding is that syndicate bonuses are tied to the syndicate and are lost if you leave or are removed from a syndicate. Prize bonuses are awarded to players and cannot be removed.

I hope I did not misunderstand, but I am pretty sure that's how it works. That includes any "top 3" prizes.

Swedevil
04-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I think this needs to be verified, but I believe you are incorrect. My understanding is that syndicate bonuses are tied to the syndicate and are lost if you leave or are removed from a syndicate. Prize bonuses are awarded to players and cannot be removed.

I hope I did not misunderstand, but I am pretty sure that's how it works. That includes any "top 3" prizes.

I think he's saying that they SHOULD be linked to the syndicate like that. I'm not a fan of that idea because if you leave one for a better one, you'd then have to offer that that person get the prizes the syndicate they are joining got. It'd just make it to easy if someone has a falling out with the leader for the leader to boot them from the syndicate and take away anything they ever got from that syndicate...

Then again, I'm not fighting in a top 3 syndicate, maybe they look at things different there...

dudeman
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
I think he's saying that they SHOULD be linked to the syndicate like that. I'm not a fan of that idea because if you leave one for a better one, you'd then have to offer that that person get the prizes the syndicate they are joining got. It'd just make it to easy if someone has a falling out with the leader for the leader to boot them from the syndicate and take away anything they ever got from that syndicate...

Then again, I'm not fighting in a top 3 syndicate, maybe they look at things different there...

If you win a prize from your syndicate's performance, it's yours forever.

If you leave your syndicate and join a better one, you do not automatically receive prizes retroactively for that syndicate's performance, you only get anything they win while you are a member.

I am actually baffled that this hasn't been fully understood by so many people, as it is one of the few things GREE has been crystal clear in explaining.

Swedevil
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
If you win a prize from your syndicate's performance, it's yours forever.

If you leave your syndicate and join a better one, you do not automatically receive prizes retroactively for that syndicate's performance, you only get anything they win while you are a member.

I am actually baffled that this hasn't been fully understood by so many people, as it is one of the few things GREE has been crystal clear in explaining.

That's understood... i read the previous post as him saying it SHOULD be taken if you leave the syndicate

lordsagacity
04-14-2013, 04:28 PM

I talked to one guy who left after midtown, and he said he didn't. And one newcomer after midtown said he didn't, either. Hope that answers your question.

I am a cow
04-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Top 2(Rival use 3 Fewer Mafia Members) that was the prize for the top 10 in modern war

Witness
04-14-2013, 07:54 PM

But if you do it that way the top squad would never lose.. They would continully get better and better and the second and third place teams everyone else for that matter would never be able to catch them there has to be some kind of balance to make it interesting and make everyone want to keep spending..You spend gold to have your name on top lets face it bragging rights... Put the best weapons toward the opposite end and watch the money fly. ... Cuz your gonna spend more to be on top simple as that..

NTM
04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
the last suggestion was the TOP 50 no ?

ok :)

look at how that hard now with a top 50 for keep a position or reach a TOP 25 or 50 :)

more time in war, more Gold, finaly nothing good with suggestion like this.. Gree take it for sure lol.. top 50 double real money for us i'm sure..

(CK) EL
04-15-2013, 12:37 AM
I talked to one guy who left after midtown, and he said he didn't. And one newcomer after midtown said he didn't, either. Hope that answers your question.

can you clarify what exactly your guys said that they didn't?

But if you do it that way the top squad would never lose.. They would continully get better and better and the second and third place teams everyone else for that matter would never be able to catch them there has to be some kind of balance to make it interesting and make everyone want to keep spending..You spend gold to have your name on top lets face it bragging rights... Put the best weapons toward the opposite end and watch the money fly. ... Cuz your gonna spend more to be on top simple as that..
Your are right, this is how gree is thinking and i just disagree with it. With similar logic top 25 prizes should be worse than top 250 in order top 25 players not to get stronger, but of course gree would loose money that way.

dudeman
04-15-2013, 12:58 AM

Ehhh.... Nope, not really.

What he said ^^^. Who didn't do/see/smell/hear/touch/taste what, exactly?

bald zeemer
04-15-2013, 01:35 AM
If Gree can apparently nerf RP-hacked items to have no value, then surely they can simply award a nerfed item of 15k+ stats that is actually 1/1, and attach the current (or, better yet, a decent) modifier to it?

Gives a nice little trophy in the battle screen, doesn't "unbalance" the game.

That said, if the downward spiral of top-3 prizes continue eventually people are going to get sick of getting less for first place than for an open-10 event. MW and KA had upgrade multiple buildings, and I think MW also had 10% attack mod. Why is CC being given also-ran first prizes?

bru747
04-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Based on all of the responses above, it seems that it is not simply a matter of 1st, 2nd or 3rd but economics and addiction to the game have to be considered. Having medals with stats and mods would be great addition! It is not my idea but it's a great one.

Stats would be great to differentiate the winners. This would make teams try harder to win top 3 or top 5 or top 10. At least, top teams should get something extra such as one of my favorites, building or upgrading several buildings at once!

MattThomas08
04-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Ranking of new top 3 items:
Top 1: 1 out of 10.
Top 2: 2 out of 10.
Top 3: 0 out of 10.

lordsagacity
04-15-2013, 03:16 PM

Your are right, this is how gree is thinking and i just disagree with it. With similar logic top 25 prizes should be worse than top 250 in order top 25 players not to get stronger, but of course gree would loose money that way.

The two kinds of people, who left or joined the syndicate after the battle, don't have the modifier from middle town. In other words, only those who were in the syndicate before the battle and are still in have the modifier.

(CK) EL
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM
I am absolutely certain that next syndicate prizes for top 3 will be even worse than current ......

I guess u sow the next top 3 syndicate prizes..
+5 mafia in battle
More damage to hideouts
More money from jobs

I was wrong in my comment...
Prizes r awesome.. i am amazed
Cant wait to smash some hideouts with my extra power and to get rich by doing jobs.
As far as for +5 mafia.... well this diserves a lot of gold.
Thank you Gree

lordsagacity
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
+5 mafia in battle
More damage to hideouts
More money from jobs

Cant wait to smash some hideouts with my extra power and to get rich by doing jobs.
Thank you Gree
Gree is fooling customers, and deserves a boycott in the next battle.

gambet1234
04-15-2013, 04:05 PM
I would think they would add a single square decoration for the prize for top 1, 2 and 3... something to put in your hood to show off that you have that bonus and that you were/are top dog... Gold spenders like eye candy, right? How else do you explain all the pink trees?

bald zeemer
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Ranking of new top 3 items:
Top 1: 1 out of 10.
Top 2: 2 out of 10.
Top 3: 0 out of 10.
I think you're being generous.

cheesy
04-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I think you're being generous.

I thought I was hallucinating when I saw that! Where is the +5 henchmen prize?

bald zeemer
04-15-2013, 06:20 PM
[gree logic]They were going to give us a second keg tapper, but that extra 1300 attack would have made us uncatchable. [/gree logic]

cheesy
04-15-2013, 06:24 PM
[gree logic]They were going to give us a second keg tapper, but that extra 1300 attack would have made us uncatchable. [/gree logic]

First thing I thought was, I won that same modifier for free in a case event. This is a first place prize?

Mistress Nikita
04-15-2013, 07:29 PM
The Packer Heights prizes for the top 3 teams are horrible. For the amount of gold that these players have to buy, I really think Gree could do better. "I have heard" that there's even talk of these teams only trying for top10! Now wouldn't that be a pisser... Fight Club, Indian Nation and Silent Assassins all fighting for 10th place!

Dipstik
04-15-2013, 08:05 PM
The power level of the prizes they'd have to give out in order to make an actual difference for most of the players fighting for first place would be ridiculous. Any bonus that has a 5% modifier is the equivalent of 25k stats. These guys are spending their money for bragging rights, not stats.

Mistress Nikita
04-15-2013, 08:29 PM
The power level of the prizes they'd have to give out in order to make an actual difference for most of the players fighting for first place would be ridiculous. Any bonus that has a 5% modifier is the equivalent of 25k stats. These guys are spending their money for bragging rights, not stats.

For this upcoming event, the team who can brag the most will come in 10th place. They will be the team with the biggest brains and b*lls to pull it off! With the history between FC and IN, I don't know that they could put it aside, and they will still probably battle for First and Second. But, SAS seems to equal opportunity aggravators and could surprise everyone by being in 10th place when all is said and done.

So come on, shoot for 10th place. All the cool kids are doing it!

Witness
04-15-2013, 09:53 PM
+5 mafia in battle
More damage to hideouts
More money from jobs

Thank you Gree
Heh gl like i said ....