PDA

View Full Version : Curragh LTQ -> no more IPH camping?

bcodemz
04-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm in a love-hate relationship with the current Curragh LTQ. In one way I love that I'm getting great units by upgrading the building every time. However, I'm kinda bummed that I cannot save and upgrade for my AC, AMR, or AV anymore as all cash is going towards the LTQ. Dollar for dollar, upgrading the Curragh building does not give as much IPH as upgrading the mega buildings.

It is a tradeoff. Do I want more attack or more IPH? I'm leaning towards more attack because I don't want to fall behind by not taking advantage of this. However I'm level 65 now and it'll only get harder to sit around with hundreds of millions without getting attacked.

If Gree continues to do this kind of upgrading building LTQ, we'll never be able to upgrade our mega buildings because we'll be upgrading the LTQ building or some small building when waiting for enough cash to upgrade the LTQ building

What do you campers think.

Chris5900
04-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Well, I do think you should upgrade the Currgah corps to as high as you can. More units the more power. As for the extra money laying around when you get the funds from it, You could just give it to your faction. Helps with buying fortifications and upgrades.

Chimera
04-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Consider your options. You will always be able to upgrade your LEs and increase you IPH. You will not always be able to upgrade the Carragh AND get indestructable unit rewards. Even if you lose some money trying, that can be replaced. GREE is craftily luring campers out of their tents.

bbprofitz
04-14-2013, 06:36 AM
seems like you're not doing something right here. the goal of camping is to take time to NOT level up, and use that time to become a stronger player. if you're camping, and still unable to go over vault without being attacked, then you need to camp alot longer & improve your defense.

once your defense is high enough to where you can fend off 95% of the attacks, then you can freely save up & go hundreds of millions over vault without fear & get whatever building or upgrade you want.

that being said - definitely upgrade 1 Curragh building as far as you can go during this event. You can always go back & upgrade other income buildings later, but right now you're getting GREAT free units to upgrade the curragh building.

LagBolt
04-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Two options.
If you are in the whale zone, then yes you should upgrade it if you can to get stronger. Camping doesnt make as much sense in the whale zone.

At low to medium levels, there is no point upgrading this building as if you get stronger by 5, 000 your rivals will get stronger by 5, 000 as well. Units are all pointless now, you may as well go to 1 ally and have an army of 4 tree snipers, it makes no difference.

Upgrade it after the event has finished.

Atretes
04-14-2013, 07:15 AM
You right the return on your money is not as good as the other limited buildings however I am doing the upgrades for the units. These are indestructible units. Basically is like buying indestructible with in game cash and getting a mediocre building upgraded. Who wouldn't do it if they can afford it?

bcodemz
04-14-2013, 07:27 AM
The thing is, after this LTQ is finished, another one will probably start and then we'll spend the next 3 weeks upgrading that building. So we may never get a chance to upgrade our mega buildings if we want to do the LTQ. But then again I do love the mega strong free units.

Also, MW keeps matching me with stronger players when I get stronger. I remember the time when I'm level 40 with 5k/5k and I can go weeks without losing a fight. Now I'm at level 65 with 77k/93k stats, and that should be top 1% stats for my level, and I'm getting robbed every other day.

mxz
04-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Limited Edition items...or...something you can upgrade a few days later?

Shouldn't be too hard of a decision. At worst, you're putting off that AC upgrade by a week. Not bad for a strong indestructible unit and a bump to the IPH.