PDA

View Full Version : Modern War or Modern Knitting?

-War Priest
04-13-2013, 05:32 AM
I don't know about you but I liked the good old days. I liked football when the quarterback got his bell rung a far cry from what we see today. I also liked the old modern war when overvaulted or mouthy player got tagged with 20 shots and than 2 hours later got a repeat visit. Over the course of 2-3 days they learned many lessons regarding accounting and potty mouth self control. Now lets fast forward 12 shots and we have to wait 6-10hrs for a repeat beating, how can a lesson be properly learned when most people forget 90% of what was taught after 2 hours. Maybe if enough of us moan, cry, and complain like many did with the NO NO glitch, we can convince Gree to go back to what the game is suppose to be, a war game!!!!.

Oh how I miss the good old day.

Yours

War Priest

Fun
04-13-2013, 05:38 AM
This post actually bring memories (mostly of me getting battered) but yeah I wish it would go back to that also!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 05:43 AM
The good old days were the best days. This isn't war, it's Mission Impossible.

Speed ump
04-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Gree puts us in situations where we need to attack for many different reasons. Yet now they want us to not attack the same player for 12 hours. I'm not sure exactly what the message is they are trying to send. I have another one. Remember those three players who accidentally got gold, built up by rumors, and things that did happen in another gree game( official explanation) after much legwork, I have identified that if you put a dozen after that three, you would be closer rot being correct. And it's possible that may be way off the mark, that just ones known to me. It appears most of the top factions have a one or two of these. I've heard of little to no gold taken back, no units removed, etc. anyone else notice the explosion of high stats players in the last week? It's not a coincidence. I had felt until recently that gree had been making strides, and improvements. Something has changed in the last month or so it seems. Less issues being resolved, in fact, barely any. More issues popping up in the game such as this 12 hour limit. Gree will take it where they want of course. Not sure everyone will follow if this continues to be their approach.

Dutchie
04-13-2013, 05:53 AM
I was wondering why I couldn't keep milking my cow every 2 hours. The guy has no vault and keeps coming back to donate too. Why the change? Don't remember anyone asking for it!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 05:53 AM
People, when this gentleman of the game sees and says that, you better get a clue.

I'm in 100% agreement, because when Gree fails to respond, we're still left with a myriad of choices (inside and outside of the game).

Gree puts us in situations where we need to attack for many different reasons. Yet now they want us to not attack the same player for 12 hours. I'm not sure exactly what the message is they are trying to send. I have another one. Remember those three players who accidentally got gold, built up by rumors, and things that did happen in another gree game( official explanation) after much legwork, I have identified that if you put a dozen after that three, you would be closer rot being correct. And it's possible that may be way off the mark, that just ones known to me. It appears most of the top factions have a one or two of these. I've heard of little to no gold taken back, no units removed, etc. anyone else notice the explosion of high stats players in the last week? It's not a coincidence. I had felt until recently that gree had been making strides, and improvements. Something has changed in the last month or so it seems. Less issues being resolved, in fact, barely any. More issues popping up in the game such as this 12 hour limit. Gree will take it where they want of course. Not sure everyone will follow if this continues to be their approach.

mxz
04-13-2013, 06:32 AM
What's this 12 hour thing?

sparckle
04-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Gree got too many games to manage to care anything about MW.

Fl@sh
04-13-2013, 07:00 AM
And if you want to inflict heavy casualties by taking out the infirmary, those three hits count against the 12.

Regarding the gold issue, GREE didn't do the proper thing and remove units, they just removed the remaining gold using a generic script. Some people who got 300k extra gold had the remaining 20k gold removed. What about the other 280k gold that was already spent? The only solution could be to give every other player 300k gold, whether they buy gold or not, every player.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Gree got too many games to manage to care anything about MW.

Chrysler used be comprised of DeSoto, Imperial, Plymouth, Dodge, Jeep, and was part of the Mercedes-Benz Empire, too.

Look at that once proud brand today.

Most people know about the sad demise of TWA and PanAm.

Greyhound Lines used to own and rent jet aircraft, a meat packer, a soap maker, and a cruise ship line.

Need I mention, Hostess, and the Twinkie?

At one time, it was said the sun never set on the British Empire and Commonwealth. Today it's said, the sun rarely shines over the tiny island.

I'll close with the country people flocked to because the streets were said to be paved with gold, The United States of America, a shell of a crumbled empire.

sparckle
04-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Empires rise and fall. This complacent company will be no different. It is sad to imagine that these memories will eventually be just memories. Such a thought is depressing but don't let it cling like a dead-weight. Optimism is the best medicine for despair. While the good times are still ahead of us, let us look forward to them.

jjm521
04-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Speed, i agree with you 100%. Customer support with Gree is really non existent. Ive sent them several obvious hacker reports (and yes i know there are valid high stat guys - i am one - but i also know certain things are impossible to do) but all continue to play. Hell one of them was even bragging on my wall how gree never did anything to hackers so he wasnt worried about me reporting him, so i screen shotted that and included it in my email, and hes still around today. Im not a little tattle tale, but i spend real money on this game (although questioning why i even bother - will definitely slow down seeing how little Gree seems to care).

One other customer "support" comment - i sent in a ticket about a week and a half ago with a problem i was having, only to finally hear back from them today. Their "help"? They just asked me if i was still having problems and if so, email them back! WHAT the helI? You never even offered up a solution! What do these guys at customer support have for training, seriously??

soulnmysole
04-13-2013, 09:19 AM
I hate when people compare MW to sports... it's such a terrible analogy.

Ducati
04-13-2013, 09:25 AM
@jj
I am sorry but I am sure GREE support is not taking you serious anymore, you are probably on auto delete.
What kind of proof is it that somebody is telling you he is an hacker on your wall, common that's exactly what I am telling all the idiots who are accusing me. I tell them all the time that the hacks work fine, and love kicking their ass 😄

Jhenry02
04-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Yes, if you raid someone's buildings 12x, then they are too weak to battle.
If you attack them 12 times, you can then raid all you want.

-J

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes, if you raid someone's buildings 12x, then they are too weak to battle. If you attack them 12 times, you can then raid all you want. -J

True, BUT that's when the time out begins.

No one is saying you can't do PvP, they're saying it used to 20 whacks, wait 2 hours, repeat.

Now, it's 12 whacks, wait 10-12 hours before you are allowed to PvP that player again!!!!

Procyon
04-13-2013, 10:36 AM
OP: it's not just the 12 hr rule that makes me harken back to the old days, it's a lot more. Not going to list it all out how events, scratchers, factions have changed it all. Some good in my mind, some not so good. Fact is, what used to take me months to build is now taken care of with a 1b scratcher or running through the LTEs. Some of us would work our arses off to decide what to save for, build, expand, buy next and not go over vault.

The thinking and strategic part of this game has lessened and to me it's a bit sad.

PJ - you forgot AMC in the Chrysler family. Dang, I miss my 71 Plymouth Fury III.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 11:30 AM
PJ - you forgot AMC in the Chrysler family. Dang, I miss my 71 Plymouth Fury III.

Yes, its all very sad.

I never mentioned Ford dumping Edsel and Mercury, too.

Then, good old GM, cutting Saturn, Oldsmobile, and my favorite: Pontiac.

Then there's a great icon, US Steel, very sad.

I also miss the real Gulf Oil and Sinclair, too!

BigD@wg
04-13-2013, 11:40 AM
So let me get this straight. 12 hits and then the player can't be hit again for 12 hours by the same attacker? or by anyone?

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 11:54 AM
So let me get this straight. 12 hits and then the player can't be hit again for 12 hours by the same attacker? or by anyone?

Yes, you hit anyone 12 times, and you can't PvP for ABOUT 10-12 hours.

No, a few others can hit him or her 12 times, too.

How many?

Some say 2, some say 3, some say more.

No one knows for sure, but successive attackers are limited, too!

manbeast
04-13-2013, 12:02 PM
I like it the way it is now because of the new rivals list is (seems like everyone can see me even though I can't see them). If we had the old 20 hits every 2 hrs I think I'd get hit 20 times every 2 hrs. That's no fun and I'd prob end up quitting.

Now if we still had the old bracketed rivals list then I would agree with all u pirates

Jd-fors
04-13-2013, 12:03 PM
12 hit attacks suck.should be increased to 30.quit catering to campers and squatters.hackers with billions of dollars playing the game openly.i want there fake money to improve my game!

BigD@wg
04-13-2013, 12:10 PM
I like it the way it is now because of the new rivals list is (seems like everyone can see me even though I can't see them). If we had the old 20 hits every 2 hrs I think I'd get hit 20 times every 2 hrs. That's no fun and I'd prob end up quitting.

Now if we still had the old bracketed rivals list then I would agree with all u pirates

Agree. I like it too.

fuzzlenutz
04-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Sad but True CH

Saturn and Olds were a joke. Pontiac is nothing more than an olds with Pontiac badging. If the unions and CEO didnt steel and fudge the numbers they may still be around.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Saturn and Olds were a joke. Pontiac is nothing more than an olds with Pontiac badging. If the unions and CEO didnt steel and fudge the numbers they may still be around.You aren't talking about the Oldsmobiles and Pontiacs I knew, pre-1970. Some people liked Saturns. No need to rag on what others like.

Archer59
04-13-2013, 09:19 PM
When I first started this game and eventually saw the light on how to play it, I really looked forward to implementing my game plan (sorry for the sports analogy) with the goal of eventually trying to compete with the "big boys and girls"! With the formation of the factions, that goal has gone completely out the window. It would be very difficult now for a free player like myself to compete at the upper levels. I see my shelf-life as being cut short by the separation that has been created due to the faction rewards.

I'm not complaining though; it is just an observation. What I find interesting is the old guard in this game are as much responsible for its current state as Gree themselves. Hook, line and sinker, they bought into the faction competition, created mega factions that spend a ton of money (I'm guessing ) on each event to reap the rewards that Gree puts up. The net result: a vast divide between the haves and have nots. Everything Gree presents in the events is: 1. Designed to make them money and 2. Designed to entice the gold spender with promises of trinkets that is unavailable to the average player...which is fine. They spend the bucks to get the toys that make them strong players. It keeps them engaged in the game. But in doing so, Gree has recognized that it must protect the lower class otherwise there is no future for the game. Hence, the limits on attacks. Personally, I think it is a logical step by Gree as they seek to ensure there continues to be a game.

Philly982
04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
I agree with Manbeast. The old way was a lot better. Of course, that also included the old rivals list which was way better as well. But it seems with Gree, it is what it is. I could understand them not giving one iota if I, as a medium gold spender, complains or shows disinterest (well now actually a former gold spender). But it now seems that if a lot of their best customers are not happy either. Just does not make since. But then again I lost my last job because I preferred to give excellent customer service and and customer satisfaction over making a short term small profit rather than keeping a long term very profitable customer. Perhaps this is the new business model, but it turns out that I am now employed by one of those satisfied previous customers making a lot more money that Gree will never seem under their current model, whereas my previous employer is filing for bankruptcy.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
04-14-2013, 06:40 AM
... and my favorite: Pontiac.

Mine too PJ... Mine too :( No More Trans Ams...

04-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Then there's a great icon, US Steel, very sad.

Respectfully, X isn't gone yet. It's not looking good, but the fat lady has yet to sing; surely, she is on her way out of the dressing room, walking to the stage, but alas it is a long walk and she moves slowly. She may never make it there- her overburdened knees could give out at any time...

Procyon
04-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Archer- great post.

It's not the limit on attacks that bother me most, and do agree with Manbeast and D@wg to an extent. But it's the change of the strategy where I'm trying to adjust. My history with this game is something close to this:

December 2011 - started and played on and off

February 2012 - I was at the mid 20s level already with low vault and got slammed for the first time by a gold player (still hate those chocolate submarines). Then found this forum.

February 2012 to Fall 2012 - worked building IPH, A/D, built expansions, upgraded buildings, etc. always trying to stay within my 10m vault and planning forward where to spend my time and cash. During that time I think I went up to maybe level 35. Played carefully with my goal being getting my iph and stats in order and getting to level 50 and getting the Dry Docks since I didn't get it when it was offered in lower levels, then building that up. 10 levels in about 9-10 months.

And since then with factions, scratchers, events, etc. I'm back to almost 2 levels/month, and that's still trying to be careful about leveling. I suppose I could slow down but as someone else said, if a player gives up the opportunities in events, they'll get left behind. I tried to when crate events first came out but it just didn't makes any sense to not play along. My stats wouldn't stack up with my rivals.

Not good. Not bad. And I really enjoy some of the changes like the factions. But it's a different strategy that includes many available quick fixes. It just seems to me that the player doesn't have to "strategize" as much any more. Or at least, strategizing in a much different way. It's almost like the difference between playing the board game "Risk" and a first person Xbox game.

While I'm at at, get rid of artificial turf and the DH! ;). Sorry for the long post.