PDA

View Full Version : Boss Event Change - Say it ain't so GREE

MrL
04-13-2013, 02:02 AM
The boss event on mwhas been changed ( crime city could follow soon ) you now get an extra item for every 5 bosses that you defeat, so lvl 5, 10, 15 etc :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not do this GREE - the Boss Event is my favourite

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 02:18 AM
MW also includes modifiers in boss attack, which in an excellent change.

Are these items stronger than previous boss items? So 8 x moderately strong items + end item, compared to 40 x meh items + end item?

If so, it would seem one step further in Gree's attempt to finally fix the game so that camping isn't a necessary strategy.

Bala82
04-13-2013, 02:25 AM
I was going post this but i thought i wait next boss event.

Right now i curious whether next set of event limited goal quest

That's what i am looking forward to.

Basically you still prize for every boss you defeat (common,uncommon and rare) but prizes are set 5.10,15,20,25,30,35,40 and 50 . A lot higher level player have complain too difficult to beat boss so they have created easier system for the boss event so you get stronger items more bosses you defeat.

At first i was mad but now i understand why it's better.

I rather 5 good end prize rather than 1 great prize.

Every 5,10,15,20,25 will have similar stats to rare but higher as you progress.

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 02:31 AM
So no final prize?

As long as we get LTQ at the same time for those who need 1k+ items then I'd be more than happy with this.

Without, meh.

Bala82
04-13-2013, 02:42 AM
The prize depends on number of boss you defeat

Defeat boss 5 would less stats than defeat boss at 30

AK-47
04-13-2013, 04:27 AM
The total stat increase of all the bonus items you get by defeating every 5 levels adds up to more then the last "beat the boss 35 times" grand prize item... so basically more stats for making it the same distance.

The only catch I see is LONG TERM, way down the road, are those 7 units gained(for beating boss #35 in the current MW event for example)take up more available spots in your inventory. Think about it, if we could only have 10 units total, I would want a 1500/1500 single item rather then 5 items that added to 2000/2000. This way when you started gaining better items further down the road(say more badass single items), all the badass single items would add to a higher total in the long run... probably sounds crazy to some, but just the way I see it.

MrL
04-13-2013, 04:30 AM
MW also includes modifiers in boss attack, which in an excellent change.

Are these items stronger than previous boss items? So 8 x moderately strong items + end item, compared to 40 x meh items + end item?

If so, it would seem one step further in Gree's attempt to finally fix the game so that camping isn't a necessary strategy.

What is wrong with camping???

AK-47
04-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Nothing. Nothing at all. We are majestic and beautiful in our single or double digit level glory! Keep at it, and stay beautiful with us! :p

its past my bed time, can you tell?

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 04:45 AM
The total stat increase of all the bonus items you get by defeating every 5 levels adds up to more then the last "beat the boss 35 times" grand prize item... so basically more stats for making it the same distance.

The only catch I see is LONG TERM, way down the road, are those 7 units gained(for beating boss #35 in the current MW event for example)take up more available spots in your inventory. Think about it, if we could only have 10 units total, I would want a 1500/1500 single item rather then 5 items that added to 2000/2000. This way when you started gaining better items further down the road(say more badass single items), all the badass single items would add to a higher total in the long run... probably sounds crazy to some, but just the way I see it.

That's exactly the issue I'm referring to. I'd take a single 2k stat item over 40 x 100 stat, anytime. Inventory spots are valuable.

Camping is perfectly legitimate, and in fact clearly the best approach (apart from heavy gold spending).
The problem is the game design. Any game which is best played by avoiding playing at all costs is clearly broken on some level. Gree are attempting to fix that. An admirable aim, whether they can achieve it or not, who knows.

Sunsets
04-13-2013, 08:12 AM

Nothing. Most people just don't have the patience to roll with us :cool:

Back on topic though ... I would MUCH rather have a single high-end prize than a ton of "higher stat" low-end prizes. As others have said, inventory is incredibly valuable. This is especially true for players who don't use maximum mafia

Bala82
04-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Well i understand what you guys are saying but what would be a better solution, this is game development - Trying it out in MW if it's not successful i doubt it will applied to crime city. I am still waiting for health regeneration bonus to added to syndicate -why is it taking so long add this bonus to crime city it been almost 2 months since syndicate have been added. I am guessing most syndicate have max out of all bonuses.

This game need some SERIOUS development if it is going to be as profitable as MW. i have feeling revenue from MW is greater than crime city so they get all best development.

Icecauldron
04-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Quantity vs Quality

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Well i understand what you guys are saying but what would be a better solution, this is game development - Trying it out in MW if it's not successful i doubt it will applied to crime city. I am still waiting for health regeneration bonus to added to syndicate -why is it taking so long add this bonus to crime city it been almost 2 months since syndicate have been added. I am guessing most syndicate have max out of all bonuses.

This game need some SERIOUS development if it is going to be as profitable as MW. i have feeling revenue from MW is greater than crime city so they get all best development.
I'm quite certain that most syndicates haven't maxed out bonuses yet.

Bala82
04-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Quantity vs Quality

I have no problem with that but it seem crime city isn't a priory for Gree ?

Bala82
04-13-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm quite certain that most syndicates haven't maxed out bonuses yet.

Well top ones have but other are catching up.

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 09:41 AM
By definition, yes.

zwiswoo
04-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I wonder how many players there are with such high stats that they'd rather get one end item of 2000 points than eight 'end' items totaling 3000 points. Such considerations should only come into play for those whose worst items are >300 points. Those players are probably playing a very different $ game anyway.

To give numbers for my case - currently, I use 280 mafia for ~80k attack, but get 45% of those points from just the top 15 mafia. With 50 mafia that goes up to 70%. The long tail of 230 mafia together supplies just 30% of the total score.

I can't even imagine the kind of stats needed to make inventory space rather than total points a relevant consideration to be honest, not for rare items from boss events. For respect items or scratchers or the interminable trick razors, sure.

Edit: if your worst items are really say 150 points then you should have a total attack of at least 150*5*500 = 375k :eek:. Before bonuses. And ignoring that I'm getting the total score from just the worst items, when everyone has best items much better than their worst ones. Hell, even my best items are in the 1000+ point range.

Does crime city have lots of top spenders with attack scores in the millions? (And what do they care about boss events anyway)

Tommy Two Toes
04-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I wonder how many players there are with such high stats that they'd rather get one end item of 2000 points than eight 'end' items totaling 3000 points. Such considerations should only come into play for those whose worst items are >300 points.

300 points? Some of my henchmen have to share broken bottles.

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 10:59 AM
I can't even imagine the kind of stats needed to make inventory space rather than total points a relevant consideration to be honest, not for rare items from boss events. For respect items or scratchers or the interminable trick razors, sure.

It starts to become relevant around the 180k mark.

It's not that other new items might be completely useless, but if your worst, say, gun is 30 atk then getting a 45 atk gun is adding 15 atk, so you're only getting 1/3 of the benefit of the stats.
A 1k+ item will always be adding a large % of its value. Even the mil+ players would be getting well over 80% value from a 1000 atk item.

More importantly, an item in the 30-70 range can be obtained through cash or respect, so winning such an item is more about speeding up a stat increase rather than providing one not currently available. This is not the case for the 1k+ item. For gold players this is even starker, as the gold items are significantly more powerful.

And there are plenty of people at 180k.

zwiswoo
04-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Ah, it's the value add from the new item that matters of course. Thanks. Well, I won't complain there since 180k attack is something that's very far away for me. I also haven't run into cash/respect items in the 30-70 point range at level 55, except for the really expensive explosives. I guess they come into play once your level is in three digits.

bald zeemer
04-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Correct.

As mentioned earlier, one of the aims of this (I believe) is to encourage people to play the game (ie, actually do PvE and PvP when possible), rather than forcing them to camp. And providing a range of items that can be used as scaffolding for a reasonably strong attack is a part of that. It's the part that is currently missing, hence people camp to get the same effect from current boss weapons.

A vaguely relevant aside/tip: As a camper, once you have the strength to survive the bulk of attacks, and to take down the relevant boss, it is highly advisable to think long term. Weapons that save inventory space are high on that list. A lot of people get stats in the 100-120 range that become difficult to budge, because they've grabbed a heap of mid-level items. Moving from there to a higher level (say, 150-180 for a free player) requires rebuilding a huge portion of the inventory. If you sacrifice some short-term gain to start building your long-term inventory now then you will more quickly move to the higher level when the options open up.

Ben Weston
04-13-2013, 11:40 PM
so gree are idiots for altering a game to help 80% of their customers rather than making it easier for the 20%?

the truth is those walking into the game with eyes open and knowing exactly how it works have been able to maximise the games flaws to make them far stronger than the vast majority of their competition. in the long term this will also turn less people away from the game after a few weeks and make less people report/accuse people of cheating as at level 20 the chance of having stats 10-20 times that of normal players much less likely.

I welcome the change.

nytelock
04-14-2013, 12:21 AM
I value the change as well.

cooch
04-14-2013, 12:53 AM

To all those with 2nd, 3rd etc accts that are camping: Nothing. To Gree: Everything! They want you to spend spend spend! They know why we camp and why some campers 'wake up' and move upwards and dominate. How many "hacker alert" tickets come due to campers? Bet at least 50% of the under lvl 50 tickets or more. They need $ and not guys that enjoy free lunches:cool:

cooch
04-14-2013, 12:55 AM

Look at Itune or droid equivalent Top sales ranking. Since Wars MW is in top 10 usually and CC usually in bottom 100 or off radar except week of Syn wars.