PDA

View Full Version : New Event Idea

sigtrygg
04-13-2013, 01:41 AM
The critical chain event was by far the best event to date. Winning wasn't predicated on spending money. If a player put the time in he was able to complete the event and win the prize while at the same token a player could spend gold to finish the event in normal and prestige mode and get better prizes.

As such to elaborate on this event maybe Gree could incorporate this style of event with an event that let's you make your own choices to find the finish instead of start here finish there format. What I mean is that all players start the event at Insurgent Camp and choose what to attack. Each attack in the Camp reveals intel on where to go and attack next.

Example: I start the event in Insurgent Camp and decide to attack the Insurgent Gunman. The intel I receive tells me to check the Docks. I go to the Docks and choose what to attack to get Intel to help me find the finish...and so on and so forth till the end.

Now not all Intel will steer you in the right direction or the shortest path to the finish. That is what will make this event challenging yet attainable at the same time because if you hit a dead end you could go back and start over again.

Just a thought I had to help make this game even better.

HGF69
04-13-2013, 01:59 AM
Good ideas rarely get any attention from Gree unfortunately.

WI(AusNz)
04-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Could you imagine the complaints from all the whiners who hit a dead end? Good idea, but judging by some responses in other threads, People need to be spoon fed.

sparckle
04-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Smarter players would just wait for 'trailblazers' to relay back information that would guide them to the correct path. Your idea for an event would be too easy to complete.

PITA4PRES
04-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Interesting idea but there will be a lot of players complaining that they can't participate because their level may not be high enough to get to certain areas. I know everyone chooses if they want to level up or camp in the beginning, but it is kind of discouraging for new players who might have liked to participate but couldn't just because they hadn't been playing long enough to get to the appropriate level. Some people may have been able to level up a little more or been willing to try to just for the possibility of getting better units. For the record I was able to participate but was unable to finish.

PITA4PRES
04-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Smarter players would just wait for 'trailblazers' to relay back information that would guide them to the correct path. Your idea for an event would be too easy to complete.

I see this as no different from people posting info about boss events or the current LTQ. I personally was unable to finish the LTQ but did get some better rewards from knowing what the rewards were because I chose which missions I wanted to try to complete to get the most out of what I was able to complete.

sigtrygg
04-14-2013, 11:31 AM
The Critical Intel Chain Event limited who could play to level 40. I like this because it rewards the active players who played enough to level up high enough to participate while giving incentive to the campers or new players to play more often so they could participate. I completed this event on both normal and prestige mode and my stats increased dramatically. I took it as a reward from Gree for my dedication to this game.