PDA

View Full Version : Don't like new epic boss

Alaneapen
04-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Sure we get a unit for each level tier but not getting a 2000 + unit at boss 35 like before displeases me. Why not the prize unit for lv 5-30 and have a 2000 unit at lv 35.

CDR Shepard
04-12-2013, 03:27 PM
It was hard enough for most to get to just 35.. I think if they go much higher then it will be pretty difficult

Web323
04-12-2013, 03:34 PM
For players above level 150+ that are not gold players or do not have stats in the 400k+ range, it gives us a chance at getting decent prizes. Most cannot get past level 15 in the upper tier.

Plus with the combine unit prizes (not sure what level 35 gives you)
1683A / 1793D not including bonuses

General Maximus
04-12-2013, 03:40 PM
You need the tool kit. There looks like a possible 2500 attack jet for getting far with this boss.

soulnmysole
04-12-2013, 03:41 PM
This format is actually more beneficial to the majority of MW players, considering most of them cannot defeat 35 bosses regardless. It gives those players an incentive for defeating 5,10,15 and so on.

I can get through all 35, but now I may try and get to 40 or 50 if the prizes continue.

I don't have a problem with the new format.

Alaneapen
04-12-2013, 03:43 PM
I couldnt get past 26 without gold, is gree expecting me to go over 50 to get a 2000 unit. I can barely do 35 with gold.

mgriss
04-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Whether or not I like it will depend entirely on where that 2500 jet is... if it's 35 or 40 I will like it more... more prizes for not too much gold... if it doesn't come till 50 it would be too much gold for too little gain.

-TANGO-
04-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Whether or not I like it will depend entirely on where that 2500 jet is... if it's 35 or 40 I will like it more... more prizes for not too much gold... if it doesn't come till 50 it would be too much gold for too little gain.

It's level 40

CDR Shepard
04-12-2013, 04:00 PM
It's level 40

Incorrect. Level 50

-TANGO-
04-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Incorrect. Level 50

Preposterous

Hound Dog
04-12-2013, 04:56 PM
At least you guys can try. For 3 hours now I csnt trigger him. I've raided, attacked and done missions. I've shut down. Restarted. Nothing.

BSG123
04-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Ooh? Aww! It's horrible Gree isn't giving you your 2000 stat unit, yo. I mean, sure, Gree isn't depriving you of the same stats, and sure, Gree didn't give you an event that would cost you countless casualties, but still—it's just not fair!

Chin up, little guy. Sounds like you need a glass of warm milk and your favorite blanket.

BSG123
04-12-2013, 05:01 PM
I couldnt get past 26 without gold, is gree expecting me to go over 50 to get a 2000 unit. I can barely do 35 with gold.

Actually, that wouldn't be necessary. After finishing boss 35, like you would any other time, the stats you gain in attack total 2650 with the additional units. That's an increase from past boss event grand prizes.

And 2241 gain on defense.

2650/2241

Ranger4Life
04-12-2013, 05:03 PM
For players above level 150+ that are not gold players or do not have stats in the 400k+ range, it gives us a chance at getting decent prizes. Most cannot get past level 15 in the upper tier.

Plus with the combine unit prizes (not sure what level 35 gives you)
1683A / 1793D not including bonuses

Yep, the total stat gain is still the same as it was before but it's spread out over more FREE INDESTRUCTIBLE units.

This format is actually more beneficial to the majority of MW players, considering most of them cannot defeat 35 bosses regardless. It gives those players an incentive for defeating 5,10,15 and so on.

I can get through all 35, but now I may try and get to 40 or 50 if the prizes continue.

I don't have a problem with the new format.

EXACTLY! This event actually benefits more people, and doesn't hurt ANYONE! People are just too stupid, or too entitled to see it.

Alaneapen
04-12-2013, 05:12 PM
I did 11 free so is this event easier, once i break 35 with cash i will stop complaining. Until i do well in this, i disapprove.

Ranger4Life
04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I did 11 free so is this event easier, once i break 35 with cash i will stop complaining. Until i do well in this, i disapprove.

Bosses health is the same as it always was.

For beating the last epic boss 35 times you received a unit with stats of 2,143/1,859

For beating the epic boss this time 35 times you receive 7 units worth a total of 2,650/2,241. That's an increase of 889 over the previous boss WHILE gaining 6 more units and having the potential to keep going!

Math doesn't lie so stop whining.

BSG123
04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Complain all you want. Your petulance isn't our problem. It is yours.

However, I am not sure why you say defeating level 35 will make or break this event for you. Boss health hasn't increased, so if you've defeated boss 35 without gold before, you certainly would be able to now.

But, if that is not the case, and you have never earned the grand prize without gold, what is different? What's the problem?

Gree is giving you too many units? lol

Allblacks
04-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I wonder has anyone completed the entire event yet? Looks like fun.

Ph4ntom Stranger
04-12-2013, 07:37 PM

Sorry but I agree with Rangers reply to your post. No use in complaining because boss health hasn't changed. You need to get better stats for your level. Every one of us went through growing pains when we were lower level with stats that weren't good enough. Some level too quickly and get into a tier where the boss health doubles compared to the previous tier you were in.

My main account couldn't beat the boss for the grand prize for months, now I can beat it for free. My LLP can't get past 15 or so for its level. And that's ok. Once he gets strong enough it will be different. In the meantime I'll beat 15-20 get my rewards for that and keep improving. It's one reason why a lot of folks camp for a period of time. You have to grow one way or another. Cheers

manbeast
04-12-2013, 07:54 PM
This is the best boss ever! OP is clueless

Sillybeans
04-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Will need to rework my entire thread -.-

Sillybeans
04-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Yep, the total stat gain is still the same as it was before but it's spread out over more FREE INDESTRUCTIBLE units.

EXACTLY! This event actually benefits more people, and doesn't hurt ANYONE! People are just too stupid, or too entitled to see it.

I have a right to complain! Why is my army being made indestructible faster? Damn it gree why so awesome?

Philly982
04-13-2013, 04:14 AM
I will admit that I was a little bummed out at first with the change. I finally got myself in a position to beat all 3 bosses to get my 1000+ stat unit. I have a couple dozen in the 900s range so really wanted a 1000+ in my inventory. But if you think about it this really is a very beneficial event for all. Though rares seem rarer and uncommon seem more uncommon, but this may just be coincidence and bad luck on my part. I think I would not be upset if Gree had simply provided better communication. I do admit that some of the fun may be trying to figure out an event, but the boss event is probably one of their most popular and well understood. I cut the last even short to remain in a certain boss tier to get to level 5. A simple note from Gree indicating that they may do some tinkering with the boss format would have gone a long way for me.

Alaneapen
04-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Beat 16 easily free, i dont think i have done that before, will try to do 17-20 free. Don't call me clueless because its easy for you to complete this boss since you have tremendous attacks stats and you dumped thousands into this game. I am barely light gold.

Fun
04-13-2013, 05:00 AM
I love the new bosses! I have only ever beat one boss before and this is the next best thing it means i get my normal rare/common/uncommon with a few high stats units in there also!

Amor
04-13-2013, 05:37 AM
New event is better, hands down. Nice Greee!

Alaneapen
04-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Thrashing boss 17 right now all free hits, maybe i have a change of heart when this is all done

sparckle
04-13-2013, 05:39 AM

For beating the last epic boss 35 times you received a unit with stats of 2,143/1,859

For beating the epic boss this time 35 times you receive 7 units worth a total of 2,650/2,241. That's an increase of 889 over the previous boss WHILE gaining 6 more units and having the potential to keep going!

You forgot to mention a downside of having 7 units vs 1.

7 units uses 7 army slots. A single unit uses only 1. Using less space is more efficient in the long run for big spenders. If I were a big spender I'd rather have a single unit with the combined stats.

flamingdragon
04-13-2013, 05:43 AM
I am no doing the boss I have to spend half of my cash for each attack

Alaneapen
04-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Sparckle is right, I would rather have a big unit at 35, 50 bosses is unfair for lower players.

sparckle
04-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Sparckle is right, I would rather have a big unit at 35, 50 bosses is unfair for lower players.

Now you are wrong there. Having the prize spread over 7 units is better for lower players. It's unlikely for weaker players to make it to 35 or past that. So they will at least get some consolation prizes for participating.

Players with indestructible armies would want a single big unit. Small units might only barely make it into their army or not make it at all. The gains would be tiny if they add a bunch of small units instead of a single large unit.

WI(AusNz)
04-13-2013, 06:50 AM
This format is better. Case closed

sparckle
04-13-2013, 06:56 AM
^ Better for whom?

Dutchie
04-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Alan seems to be in the minority... New Boss Event is great apart from the XP gain... LOL

GREE really wanting people to level up which I have no problem with and this is coming from an LLP, although at this rate I won't be LLP for long :)

Sillybeans
04-13-2013, 07:45 AM
You forgot to mention a downside of having 7 units vs 1.

7 units uses 7 army slots. A single unit uses only 1. Using less space is more efficient in the long run for big spenders. If I were a big spender I'd rather have a single unit with the combined stats.

If you have 2000+ indestructible unit's of minimum 120+ atk (worst reward) You should easily qualify for completing the boss for multiple 2000+ units... I don't see the problem? For people that cannot complete the boss it helps them and for people that can they new get multiple big ass units...

sparckle
04-13-2013, 08:04 AM
^ I speak for them players with 2,000 of the rare units from mass buying LE sets.

vball
04-13-2013, 08:26 AM
I have two opinions on the new boss event.

For me it is not as beneficial since I have been able to beat the boss. In that, a smaller percentage of players are able to win the top prize and so keeps the fraternity smaller. So for my stats it is better.

I do feel for the majority of the players, the new format is much better as it allows everyone an opportunity to get some high quality units.

On the flip side, by doing this, players who were barely getting the boss, might not be able to get the top prize without using gold.

A smart decision on the part of Gree.

Sillybeans
04-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I have two opinions on the new boss event.

For me it is not as beneficial since I have been able to beat the boss. In that, a smaller percentage of players are able to win the top prize and so keeps the fraternity smaller. So for my stats it is better.

I do feel for the majority of the players, the new format is much better as it allows everyone an opportunity to get some high quality units.

On the flip side, by doing this, players who were barely getting the boss, might not be able to get the top prize without using gold.

A smart decision on the part of Gree.

But you get more stats for completing the same level and if u didn't need the early unit's you should be able to finish it.

NaRciS
04-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I think Gree are listening, these events so far have been good and should work out better for 95% of the players.

No complaints at all from my faction.

Burnt
04-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I think Gree are listening, these events so far have been good and should work out better for 95% of the players.No complaints at all from my faction.I'm finding our faction mirrors the forum. About 10% whine that they don't like it. However, after we use logic, reason and most importantly math, they usually shut up.

Nopulus
04-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Just my two cents here, but for the past couple weeks, this forum was lighting up with complaints of huge casualty. Gree seems to have given us a couple good events, generous with units, to make up for all of the lost units. Most of the units gained are better than most that could be purchased with in game cash, and they are indestructible. Personally, I've almost double both my attack and my defense with a little over 2000 bars spent. I'm not a huge gold user, but when I saw what I was getting (and from the amazing post from devin tracking the intel chain) I had to buy some to make it through the lost twice. I went from struggling to maintain 40,000/59,000 replacing units like crazy, to now having 92,000/109,000 and I haven't even dipped into the 150,000 valor I have now! I think that for a lot of people, it was a great series. And as far as units becoming obsolete because the slot is "used up", the only boss I had beaten all 35 levels on gave me a warlord siege tank, which is now WAY far down on my strongest units list. So long story short, at the rate they are increasing the points on these units, it's only a matter of time before 1000/1000 will be considered a mediocre unit. They seemed to have responded to the loss of units, give them an event or two and they'll probably give you they 25,000/25,000 unit you are in search of.

Ph4ntom Stranger
04-13-2013, 09:51 AM

This is why peeps are saying you don't understand.

It is fair, this new style HELPS lower players. Every event in this game is geared for higher level players. As I said before you are gonna have "growing pains", it takes a while to build up an army using little to no gold. Keep buying the best cash units you can, win what gold units you can from each event and keep trucking, eventually you'll get there.

Under the old format lets say a lower player could only beat 20 bosses without spending gold. Beating 20 you would earn 20 indestructible units, where as under the new format you now win 24 units (and the 4 extra units have great stats).
Since the boss events first came out only very high stat players could beat it for free, remember, everything is geared to make money.

soulnmysole
04-13-2013, 09:54 AM
^ Better for whom?
The overwhelming majority of MW players.

So like he said, case closed lol.

Trebor
04-13-2013, 09:58 AM
How can anyone complain. After that epic LTQ chain I'd do a boss 50 times for no units, the gain on that alone if you did it was absurd and I'm not complaining anymore.

dads
04-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Confusing not keen on boss atm as I've got nothing but commons.not going to complian,certainly not spending on the boss thou when I am getting such a bad drop rate.ussaly got at least one rare by now & a few uncommos.
So it's more benifical to higher lvls,well that's good to hear as you guys have had it hard for a long time.still the units I am getting are just awful in comparison to previous bosses.
For me as a mid to low lvl it's not a good format "this time around" still that the way the cookie crumbles.

BSG123
04-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Confusing not keen on boss atm as I've got nothing but commons.not going to complian,certainly not spending on the boss thou when I am getting such a bad drop rate.ussaly got at least one rare by now & a few uncommos.
So it's more benifical to higher lvls,well that's good to hear as you guys have had it hard for a long time.still the units I am getting are just awful in comparison to previous bosses.
For me as a mid to low lvl it's not a good format "this time around" still that the way the cookie crumbles.

How many bosses have you defeated? Normally I get nothing but commons through the first 15, and then I start to get better drops.

Brahmin
04-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I like this event because it allows for a nice stats payoff relative to experience gained. After a month playing this game it seems the boss events are the only one 's worth participating in because of this. At least for lower level players in the beginning stages of the game anyway.

Ranger4Life
04-13-2013, 11:29 AM
^ I speak for them players with 2,000 of the rare units from mass buying LE sets.

There isn't anyone in the game with such stats, and no one is even close. You obviously don't know much about the higher stat players so why even start this argument?

Sillybeans already explained that this is still beneficial to the higher players, even if the bottom two units don't make our Army, because we're able to get to the top prize due to our

Thief
04-13-2013, 11:45 AM

Note: i quoted Ranger for the math...I am in complete agreement with him.

I Completely Disagree with the OP that the old Boss format is better. Please go look at the loot tracker. The people that are telling you this format is better are those that can beat well over 50 Bosses IE their Attack Density is very high. Anyone that can't reach 35 bosses for free this is 10x better for you. Anyone that can reach 50 Bosses for free this is better for you. (To be fair i can't confirm this for players 250 as i don't know the difficulty of the boss)

The only way this isn't as good for you is if your 2000th Unit brought to battle has an attack score higher than 74 and is indestructible. Then it is for all intensive purposes the same. Based on the attack being spread over 7 units and the gain you recieve. However that oversimplifies it....really you still see a gain in your attack and def but that is when comparing the gain. (note that is RAW attack not modified attack) Now if you turly do have that as your weakest unit i suspect you can make it past 35 anyways for free. Hence you are getting more bang for the buck. (again i can't confirm this with lvl 250 players)