PDA

View Full Version : Leveling

deathexe
04-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Hey fellow knights, just wanted to have a quick discussion. What's the best way to gain levels? Right now I'm 68 and I'm just trying to get to 100 as fast as I can. Based on your experiences, what's the most efficient? Going for the slightly easier stages more often (like misty marsh) or heading to the harder levels at a slower rate? (kingdom of darkness). I'm kinda to see the everyone's different playstyle and what not.

starkthunder
04-12-2013, 06:06 AM
When I am playing just to level I use the highest stage/level my knights can one-shot everything except the boss. Then play it thru till the boss appears then abandon it and restart the level.f

Nikeyg
04-12-2013, 06:09 AM
Try and get your quests up to the same point you are, then just go through the opened areas as they come up. Worked for me. I still gain practically a level a day now.

Catastr0phy
04-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Hey fellow knights, just wanted to have a quick discussion. What's the best way to gain levels? Right now I'm 68 and I'm just trying to get to 100 as fast as I can. Based on your experiences, what's the most efficient? Going for the slightly easier stages more often (like misty marsh) or heading to the harder levels at a slower rate? (kingdom of darkness). I'm kinda to see the everyone's different playstyle and what not.

For me leveling up at skeleton's tomb while I'm level 75 >.< I figured the xp is slower, but thanks to farming snakeskins i can level up my armors alot while gaining a 'decent' amount of xp. doing like a level a day. funny thing, the higher you get your armors, the less damage you take. that means more turns until all your knights are out of hp. this makes sure you get more exp every time. down-side is that it takes a shetload of time until all of your knights run out of hp... if you have a few hours to kill everyday, this might be a nice way.

Nikeyg
04-12-2013, 06:51 AM
For me leveling up at skeleton's tomb while I'm level 75 >.< I figured the xp is slower, but thanks to farming snakeskins i can level up my armors alot while gaining a 'decent' amount of xp. doing like a level a day. funny thing, the higher you get your armors, the less damage you take. that means more turns until all your knights are out of hp. this makes sure you get more exp every time. down-side is that it takes a shetload of time until all of your knights run out of hp... if you have a few hours to kill everyday, this might be a nice way.

That's what I'm doing outside of farming evil gems for Prince's Armor +. Gold star quality armor, better xp than the regular grind and the possibility of fusion stones, decent enough recipe in my book.

deathexe
04-12-2013, 08:38 AM

That's intense man, I barely make it for the 12 round farm for the 3 snakeskins I need to craft, doubt I'll have the resilience for that! Should give it a shot though, maybe it's more effective haha.

yyace
04-12-2013, 10:46 AM
That's what I'm doing outside of farming evil gems for Prince's Armor +. Gold star quality armor, better xp than the regular grind and the possibility of fusion stones, decent enough recipe in my book.

I'm curious what rotation of armor your using for prince and if our using friends

Keymoe
04-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Do your quests.
When you're raiding the higher difficulty maps only use one of your knights or as little as you possibly can and invite 1 higher level friend to do the rest of the work for you. That way you get 6 runs down with 4 invites left compared to the 2 runs and 6 invites.

Catastr0phy
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM
That's intense man, I barely make it for the 12 round farm for the 3 snakeskins I need to craft, doubt I'll have the resilience for that! Should give it a shot though, maybe it's more effective haha.

Not really that intense, i just watch tv and make sure i look every 10 secs to tap fight and speed button til 4/4 on the boss. If you dont watch for too long u still get materials. then a few clicks later i watch tv again while i started the new round. today i had like 5 hours off from work. I crafted basics while tapping, watching tv, read forums and all of that junk. I lvld a infernal lord+ from lvl1 to lvl 35 just using the basics. When i was out of hp i just took a shower, ate breakfast, made some reports for my work. Then i farmed a little more. after that I had to work and crafted a few snakeskins. tonight ill farm watching tv in my bed. Time flies like that xD

Bayu
04-13-2013, 01:27 AM
I see that some people state the max level is 100, but I got a friend who is level 101. Now I'm curious, is that right or what is the max level we can obtain?

deathexe
04-13-2013, 01:39 AM
I see that some people state the max level is 100, but I got a friend who is level 101. Now I'm curious, is that right or what is the max level we can obtain?

The max level is not 100, but your knight's stat growth stops at 100, yup.

suparna
04-14-2013, 01:14 AM
what do you get after 100 then? ego boost? lol
everything stats wise gets stopped? even HP?

On a side note, this random question pisses me off. It's the same every time so obviously not random. Not that I actually wanted a random question... /end rant.

Nikeyg
04-15-2013, 07:44 AM
what do you get after 100 then? ego boost? lol
everything stats wise gets stopped? even HP?

That's the general gist yeah.
Every level from 100 gets you gold or gems. Nothing else.

Harvey Guo
04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
I've add you as a friend, please approve so that we can farm the boss together in the nearly future.
That's the general gist yeah.
Every level from 100 gets you gold or gems. Nothing else.

Nikeyg
04-16-2013, 04:19 AM
I've add you as a friend, please approve so that we can farm the boss together in the nearly future.

You've reached your friend limit dude.

Harvey Guo
04-16-2013, 04:34 AM
LOL, I've just deleted some friends and re-sent a request to you, please approve, thanks:)
You've reached your friend limit dude.

Eunuchorn
04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Farming lvl 4 medusa or level 3 of any mono seemed to level me nicely up to 80+. If you can put in the time, lots of exp/mats

Harvey Guo
04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Sent you the friend request, hope we can work together to farm the next weekly boss :)
Farming lvl 4 medusa or level 3 of any mono seemed to level me nicely up to 80+. If you can put in the time, lots of exp/mats

Azraelthevengeful
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm just farming Medusa at the moment, between this and using my Hydromancer guy on Flaming Wildwood, i'm able to use just one knight about 10-15 times, then switch. Not only am i getting lots of material for crafting, i'm levelling up about one level per day. Its a marathon, not a sprint

DreamM0d3
04-19-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm just farming Medusa at the moment, between this and using my Hydromancer guy on Flaming Wildwood, i'm able to use just one knight about 10-15 times, then switch. Not only am i getting lots of material for crafting, i'm levelling up about one level per day. Its a marathon, not a sprint

I'll rather take a stroll lol

starkthunder
04-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I generally use one set of knights to work towards a quest or clear the next level. Then use any survivors and the other 3 to farm. I just got to zephyr plateau and my current quests are 12 roots 19 hydra scales and six beard hairs and2 clear a level quests.

Harvey Guo
04-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I see, you just need to clear those stages and farm for roots, the Swamp will drop the Hydra scale too.
I now need to finish maybe the last quest, farm and craft the dark prince armor.
Good Luck.
I generally use one set of knights to work towards a quest or clear the next level. Then use any survivors and the other 3 to farm. I just got to zephyr plateau and my current quests are 12 roots 19 hydra scales and six beard hairs and2 clear a level quests.

Jrodigy
04-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Levels 1-30 i think i mostly grinded Relic Ruins (Useful for updrading armour early in game
30-40 grinding Faerie Forest wasn't bad either.
40-50 was when i got my atlantean + armour, started grinding that stage a lot with crius armour.
50-60 Probably was still grinding that stage for atlanteans + to upgrade the one i was using.
60-70 Maxed atlantean, started leveling hydra + while grinding Blazing Tides.
70-80 Grinded Caballero Desert with Maxed Atlantean armour+, made it somewhat easy exp/armour gainage.
80-90 I was doing anything that gave what i needed, mostly Desert.(Quest, Random Runs for armour materials)
90-100 Maxed inferno, also started doing dark prince castle daily with friends. (Great Exp/Armour materials) Can only be done about twice a day though, 4 runs with 2 sets of knights each time.
As annoying as grinding the early levels may seem, its worth it. The materials, Keys and fusion stones. Mmmmm.

DreamM0d3
04-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Levels 1-30 i think i mostly grinded Relic Ruins (Useful for updrading armour early in game
40-50 was when i got my atlantean + armour, started grinding that stage a lot with crius armour.
50-60 Probably was still grinding that stage for atlanteans + to upgrade the one i was using.
70-80 Grinded Caballero Desert with Maxed Atlantean armour+, made it somewhat easy exp/armour gainage.
80-90 I was doing anything that gave what i needed, mostly Desert.(Quest, Random Runs for armour materials)
90-100 Maxed inferno, also started doing dark prince castle daily with friends. (Great Exp/Armour materials) Can only be done about twice a day though, 4 runs with 2 sets of knights each time.
As annoying as grinding the early levels may seem, its worth it. The materials, Keys and fusion stones. Mmmmm.

While my leveling style is slightly different from yours, this would still make a good and concise guide for new players. Great job!

Slevinn
04-21-2013, 01:52 AM

I sort of used the same stategie as you (currently level 49) but my fault is to spread leveling armors. Now i'm trying to max crius+ first and the continue with others i have.

DreamM0d3
04-21-2013, 03:43 AM
I sort of used the same stategie as you (currently level 49) but my fault is to spread leveling armors. Now i'm trying to max crius+ first and the continue with others i have.

Yes you should max a few good armors first. After all, most of these dual element armors can be passed around between your other knights.

Justice711
04-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Haha.. I made the mistake of leveling monk & steam... Got them up to level 30 before finding this forum.. The stars are so deceiving...

DreamM0d3
04-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Haha.. I made the mistake of leveling monk & steam... Got them up to level 30 before finding this forum.. The stars are so deceiving...

Well you can always use them as spare armors for your other knights.

Slevinn
04-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Is there also a good enchancing guide? I have looked up some random guides but they were nog very clear. Just about how many points are needed for what level. Is it better to start leveling with basic armors and then move on to higher star armors or would you guys say start with higher armors right away?

Arbey
04-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Is there also a good enchancing guide? I have looked up some random guides but they were nog very clear. Just about how many points are needed for what level. Is it better to start leveling with basic armors and then move on to higher star armors or would you guys say start with higher armors right away? Its a matter of prederrence. The way i did mine is leveled up normal armors until the + version could be crafted. Then i started working on + to 70. I have pretty much all the armors in + version and maxed out most of them.

Slevinn
04-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Its a matter of prederrence. The way i did mine is leveled up normal armors until the + version could be crafted. Then i started working on + to 70. I have pretty much all the armors in + version and maxed out most of them.

I'm doing it the same way, but wich armors do you use to enchance it?

Harvey Guo
04-21-2013, 09:58 AM
for upgrading higher level, snakeskin would be a good choice.
I'm doing it the same way, but wich armors do you use to enchance it?

Slevinn
04-21-2013, 10:05 AM
for upgrading higher level, snakeskin would be a good choice.

Do you only use snakeskin on armors with the same elements, or do you use them for all enchancing?

DreamM0d3
04-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Do you only use snakeskin on armors with the same elements, or do you use them for all enchancing?

Actually I say it kinda depends. Personally I use snakeskin all the way. However, sometimes I may use other 1 star armors if I can afford it because many of the late game bosses drop materials that can craft 1 star armors. If thats the case I will probably only use atlantean. The rest are too expensive.

Harvey Guo
04-21-2013, 10:44 AM
For me, time is more important than money, I would use common and uncommon material to enhance first, until the armor reach to 20 or 27, I will start using snakeskin.
No matter match or not, snakeskin always the best choice, mainly due to the low price, others are expensive.
But recently, zhy said he used basic elements to fuse 2 stars armor to enhance, that can be an another enhancement strategy, especially for the 50+ or 60+ level and un-match elements armor.
For example, your armor is spirit/fire, do not share the common elements with snakeskin, so each time you will only gain 80 points not 96, that's 16 miss each time. If you fuse 2 stars armor with match elements, you can gain 200 points each time, especially when 60+ armor, each time enhancement cost too much. So this can be a strategy. I will try later.

Slevinn
04-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Thanks Harvey and DreamM0d3, the advice is great. I'll try out the strategies.

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 04:53 AM
you're welcome:)
Thanks Harvey and DreamM0d3, the advice is great. I'll try out the strategies.

Arbey
04-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks Harvey and DreamM0d3, the advice is great. I'll try out the strategies. Was gonna say the same thing.. Good luck..

starkthunder
04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
personally I use snakeskin or better on the boss/70 armors and the basics on the 50s hydra, atlantan, crius etc. (my hydra is approaching L 40)
I also use snakeskin on the nemesis to level it quickly.

RadLonghammer
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
For sometime now I've been itching to sit down and lay out some of the things I wish I had known without having to figure out on my own. Some of this will have been covered by others earlier in this thread, some hasn't been touched on. I thought this thread was an appropriate place, but if the mods feel like it should be it's own thread, please feel free to move it. I don't know if much of this will be of any value to players in the mid 80s levels. That's where I am, and most at or beyond those levels will have learned most of this on their own, the way I did. Anyone lower should find some value though. Here goes:

EARLY STAGE GOLD PRODUCTION (Important at L1-30)

Leveling quickly in K&D takes time and gold. Let's talk gold:

Many of us look back on the 75 gold from a Level 2 Fountain as laughable. Still, that 75 gold builds VERY quickly, and at early levels, provides the gold needed for the investments appropriate for the early stages of the game. The key here is volume, build as many of them as your gold and space allow. 8 L2 Fountains will collectively produce 600 gold every few minutes. As long as you're checking in on the game every few minutes, this is a great way to rack up gold early.

The flip side to this is that fountains stink at developing your gold stash when you're AWAY from the game. At the early levels, L1 guard towers are the way to go. Guard towers build gold more slowly than fountains, but they don't stop collecting until after 12 hours. If you're going to bed for the night, sell off those fountains and build guard towers in their place. When you're going to be checking the game every several minutes (just got off work or out of school and have some game playing time, etc), sell the towers and replace them with fountains. This will momentarily seem to set you back on gold, but you'll gain much more in the long run.

The moment you're racking up gold faster than you spend it is the time to start considering Taverns. Taverns build gold nearly as fast as fountains, and max out nearly as high as towers. A L1 tower takes 4 hours to build 1900 gold, and keeps you from having to take the time to tear down fountains to build towers, and is a great compromise in the early levels.

From here, it's time to start building training fields, and unlocking the more expensive castle expansions. Do this as early as you can without sacrificing your ability to craft and enhance your armors. If you have 80,000 gold, for example, you should probably go ahead and drop 50,000 on a training field, and leave 30,000 for armor-related expenses. That Training field will repay you more quickly than you think.

The importance of building the early stage (inexpensive) castle expansions can not be understated. Do this AS SOON as you can afford to. Don't wait to have a big pile of gold saved up, and NEVER leave an expansion slot empty if you can afford to fill it.

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING (Important at all levels)

Any time you're going to be away from the game for a chunk of hours (going to bed, headed to work, etc...) it's critical to quick leveling that you make sure the game is WORKING FOR YOU when you're away from it.

Here are some things you should always do before you put the game down for a significant chunk of time:

1) Use up ALL of your hit points: Whether you're farming materials, or trying to unlock the next stage, take this time to do some battling. If you die in the middle of a battle, just let the monsters heal (don't spend gems to continue) by simply X-ing out of the battle. When you come back to the game, the battle will still be active, and all of your knights will have healed, even if they were dead when you began the stage! This is a great way to clear tough bosses, gain experience points, and help the speed at which you level.

2) Put the construction crew to work: This is the time to get expansions and building with long crafting times going. You won't be tempted to spend gems on the speed-up process, and when you come back, your expansion or building will be ready, and you'll be a happy, quickly-leveling Knight :)

3) ABC Baby. Always be Crafting: Some armors take a long time to craft. Get these going before your head hits the pillow.

4) Put your Energy to good use: Use up any Arena Energy (for Arena Events) and any Epic Boss energy if appropriate. If you have at least 8 Epic energy, and can kill the boss with 3 of your knights and two friends, don't let that energy go to waste. Use it up so you can hit it again in the morning when you wake up to maxed Epic energy again!

5) Get the most out of your friends: You can hire 10 friends per day. If you've used less than 10, and your friend hiring abilities will reset while you're going to be away from the game, try to go ahead and use up any you have left. Once you've hired the first friend for the day, the other nine become a "use it or lose it" proposition for the next 24 hours. Try not to "lose it" too often. This is important to leveling quickly.

THE MIRACLE OF RESURRECTION (Important at all levels.)

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR LEVEL BAR!!! One of the cool little feature of K&D is the fact that leveling up restores all of your hit points to maximum level, even when you're in the middle of a stage! If you're not exploiting this, you're not leveling as fast as you could be.

You should always take note of how much experience clearing a level brings. For example, let's say you just cleared Cold Rock Crags at the Valor stage, and noticed that doing so rewarded you with about 1/8 of an inch of experience on the Level bar, But took almost everything you had in terms of hit points to do so, and didn't level you up in the process. If you have 3/16 of an inch to hit the next level, the right play might be farming lower level stages until you KNOW FOR SURE, that you will level in the second to final stage of Cold Rock Crags. That way, you've ensured that you will level, and retained the maximum possible amount of Hit Points for other endeavors.

ALWAYS make the most of this feature. It is a KEY STRATEGIC COMPONENT in leveling quickly! It is also as important when farming the Ceberus at The Haunted Citadel (for Infernal Lord Armor) and the Dark Prince at The Kingdom of Darkness (for Dark Prince's Armor) at the later stages of the game!

REAL KNIGHTS GO ON QUESTS

Keep up with your quests. Not only do they teach you the fundamentals of the game, but they also come with rewards. The small amount of gold (maybe 200) and the small amount of experience (maybe 80) rewarded by a quest seems insignificant at the early levels. Most quests, however, have multiple levels. Completion of one typically unlocks another, with higher, more productive rewards.

The experience and gold from quests are important to rapid leveling, but quests also reward other cool stuff, like gems! And, sometimes the best thing that comes out of a quest is THE NEXT QUEST. Quests are almost never a waste of time!

KNOW THY ELEMENTS (Important at all levels)

All armors in K&D are based upon the five elements; Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Spirit. Each element has an opposing element against which it is strong, and gets a corresponding stat bonus. Commit these element advantages to memory AS SOON AS YOU CAN, and equip armors accordingly. If you have trouble committing these advantages to memory, try thinking about it like this:

It takes a darned long time for the waves to erode the shore, so: Earth beats Water!
You deal with a fire by drowning it, so: Water beats Fire!
The strongest man among us becomes weak when he is burned out, so: Fire beats Spirit!
With enough dedication, a properly motivated man can move the Earth, so: Spirit beats Earth!
The rain always falls in the direction that the wind blows it, so: Air beats Water!

MARCHING ORDERS / BRINGING UP THE REAR (Important at all levels)

When starting to play, your main knight is always placed, by default, in the starting position for any fight. This might be correct, but it also might not. Your main Knight will always have the best stats. Sometimes this will mean it's best to put him in your weakest armor, thereby equalizing all 3 Knights, and sometimes it will mean putting him in your BEST armor, and last in line, where you need the hardest hits against the stage boss.

Obviously, this relates to the above point about matching the strongest elements against each other. Simply put, PAY ATTENTION. Bring the maximum damage where it will have the maximum benefit. You'll get the most experience out of the hit points you have to spend, and will level faster!

Further, if you can expend all of your allies hit points, while retaining a few for your main knight, your main knight will be good to go again once all of your allies are at max power. This will cut down significantly on the time before you can face a tough stage again!

STATS TRUMPS STARS (Important at all levels)

This one has been covered many times in these forums, but it's so wildly important that I'm going to try to explain it in my own way. Every last one of us has made the mistake, early in the game, of wasting time and gold crafting and enhancing armors that aren't worth it in the long run, or are inappropriate for those early-mid level stages of the game, and the lesson we learned cost us the ability to level as quickly as possible. If you can avoid this mistake, you'll level faster than we did.

Never spend resources on leveling an armor before taking the time to understand what that armor will eventually be capable of. Consult the following spreadsheet for a comprehensive list of all armor stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArPIArNuLRi7dGVrc1BqV2J1czAzY1AyR1kxSko4V lE#gid=0

Using this resource will prevent you from overestimating an armor the first time you see it. Just because something is new to you, and seems cool to have gained, doesn't mean it's not trash. We all wasted our time on an Embersteel or a Monk's Vestments, etc. Don't repeat our mistakes!

DON'T BE A CHASER (Important Levels 1-70)

There's a time to chase the best armors in the game, but doing so too early will stunt your leveling ability by causing you to inefficiently spend your resources. Get the "Big Four" L50 dual element armors as quickly as you can, but don't be in a hurry to get the L70s and level them quite yet. That time will come, but it comes later than you might think.

THE PLUS MATTERS (Important at all levels)

Don't spend any time/money leveling a non plus version of an armor beyond what it takes to unlock the plus version. Doing so is a waste of time, gold, and craftable elements. Once you have your mono element armors (Stonescale, Seafoam, DragonFlame, Mystic, and Wing Warriors) to level 10, STOP enhancing them, craft the + version, and level the + version instead. This will momentarily set you back in armor strength, but it's an important investment that will pay off later.

Do the same with your "Big Four" L50 armors. Don't level a non-plus version of this armor beyond the L15 it takes to unlock the + version. Craft the plus as soon as you can, and level it instead. That one step back takes you 3 steps forward.

THE BIG FOUR MID-GAME ARMORS YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT (Important L20-70):

Get these L50 dual-element armors to plus version AS SOON AS YOU CAN, and dedicate your resources to maxing them out to level 50. They will serve you, and your ability to quickly level, for a VERY long time:

Atlantean Avenger Plus (Air/Water)
Crius Armor Pus (Earth/Air)
Hydra Hunters Mail Plus (Fire/Water)
Living Flame Armor (Fire/Spirit)

FIRST FUSIONS (Important L15-30):

All of the above armors can be reliably fused through the combination of easily crafted tier 1(basic) or tier 2 (mono element L30) armors. Your first efforts at fusion should probably be the following:

Atlantean Avenger = Slot 1: Basic Air Slot 2:Basic Water*

Living Flame Armor = Slot 1: Basic Fire Slot 2: Basic Spirit*

Hydra Hunters Mail = Slot 1: Basic Fire Slot 2: Basic Water.*

Crius Armor = Slot 1: Wing Warrior, Slot 2: Stonescale Plate Mail

* It should be noted that these basic armor fusions seem to have a higher failure rate than the Tier 2 Mono combos. If you happen to have, for example, Seafoam Armor (for slot one) and a Wing Warrior Armor (for slot two), this combo will more reliably create Atlantean Avenger than the fusion of the Basics. Same goes for Living Flame and Hydra out of Tier 2 monos. The spreadsheet linked above contains all this info in great detail.

By fusing these armors before you're even able to craft them through elements allows you to level them to L15 BEFORE you can craft them. Consequently, the moment you have the materials to craft them, you're crafting the plus version! This is HUGE, and will save you tons of time in leveling further!

BEATING THE EPIC BOSS

To gain enough material to craft the armor that the Epic boss drops is easy, cracking the boss at L15 will do it. To gain enough material to craft the plus version is MUCH tougher, you have to achieve approximately Boss Level 43!

There has been a great deal of discussion on this board suggesting that if you can't beat the Epic Boss enough times to gain the plus version of the boss armor, that fighting the boss at all is a waste of time. I'm not sure I agree.

It's easy to think of the Boss Armor as the only reward for fighting the boss, but I want to suggest that there are other factors that make taking a stab or three at the boss well worth the time.

Consider the current Epic Boss as I write this, "Dragon of the Deep." Now, suppose you are in the Level 55-75 range that would allow you, depending on your friends list, to kill up to approximately the Level 35 Boss. This is frustratingly close to, and frustratingly far away from the 43 kills necessary to score the plus level Boss Armor, but DO NOT lose sight of what you DID gain along the way.

In this weeks case, you gained 18 Wing Warrior Armors (9000 gold value and 9 hours time value), 13 Snakeskin Armors (39,000 gold value and 26 hours time value), 3 silver keys, 4 gold keys, 4 gems, and some pretty meaningful piles of gold and experience.

In other words, at the levels where you can NOT beat the Boss 43 times, the rewards for trying and missing are still tasty enough to make it worth trying. DO NOT get so caught up in the desire for instant gratification that you screw yourself out of this goodness!

Obviously, there are subjects to be explored with regard to leveling even further. There are top craftable L70 armors such as Dark Prince, Infernal Lord, Syk Guardian, and Swamp Shaman that deserve some discussion. Killing the Epic Boss all 60 times deserves a mention. Sitll, I think those are level 75-80 plus topics, and perhaps most appropriately reserved for a different post.

I sincerely hope that my use of an entire afternoon to write this helps some folks.

Now, go craft some armor and beat some bad guys!

Harvey Guo
04-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Nice post, thx for the effort. Actually you can open a new thread and post this to let more people to see:)
For sometime now I've been itching to sit down and lay out some of the things I wish I had known without having to figure out on my own. Some of this will have been covered by others earlier in this thread, some hasn't been touched on. I thought this thread was an appropriate place, but if the mods feel like it should be it's own thread, please feel free to move it. I don't know if much of this will be of any value to players in the mid 80s levels. That's where I am, and most at or beyond those levels will have learned most of this on their own, the way I did. Anyone lower should find some value though. Here goes:

Many of us look back on the 75 gold from a Level 2 Fountain as laughable. Still, that 75 gold builds VERY quickly, and at early levels, provides the gold needed for the investments appropriate for the early stages of the game. The key here is volume, build as many of them as your gold and space allow. 8 L2 Fountains will collectively produce 600 gold every few minutes. As long as you're checking in on the game every few minutes, this is a great way to rack up gold early.

The flip side to this is that fountains stink at developing your gold stash when you're AWAY from the game. At the early levels, L1 guard towers are the way to go. Guard towers build gold more slowly than fountains, but they don't stop collecting until after 12 hours. If you're going to bed for the night, sell off those fountains and build guard towers in their place. When you're going to be checking the game every several minutes (just got off work or out of school and have some game playing time, etc), sell the towers and replace them with fountains. This will momentarily seem to set you back on gold, but you'll gain much more in the long run.

The moment you're racking up gold faster than you spend it is the time to start considering Taverns. Taverns build gold nearly as fast as fountains, and max out nearly as high as towers. A L1 tower takes 4 hours to build 1900 gold, and keeps you from having to take the time to tear down fountains to build towers, and is a great compromise in the early levels.

From here, it's time to start building training fields, and unlocking the more expensive castle expansions. Do this as early as you can without sacrificing your ability to craft and enhance your armors. If you have 80,000 gold, for example, you should probably go ahead and drop 50,000 on a training field, and leave 30,000 for armor-related expenses. That Training field will repay you more quickly than you think.

The importance of building the early stage (inexpensive) castle expansions can not be understated. Do this AS SOON as you can afford to. Don't wait to have a big pile of gold saved up, and NEVER leave an expansion slot empty if you can afford to fill it.

Any time you're going to be away from the game for a chunk of hours (going to bed, headed to work, etc...) it's critical to quick leveling that you make sure the game is WORKING FOR YOU when you're away from it.

Here are some things you should always do before you put the game down for a significant chunk of time:

1) Use up ALL of your hit points: Whether you're farming materials, or trying to unlock the next stage, take this time to do some battling. If you die in the middle of a battle, just let the monsters heal (don't spend gems to continue) by simply X-ing out of the battle. When you come back to the game, the battle will still be active, and all of your knights will have healed, even if they were dead when you began the stage! This is a great way to clear tough bosses, gain experience points, and help the speed at which you level.

2) Put the construction crew to work: This is the time to get expansions and building with long crafting times going. You won't be tempted to spend gems on the speed-up process, and when you come back, your expansion or building will be ready, and you'll be a happy, quickly-leveling Knight :)

3) ABC Baby. Always be Crafting: Some armors take a long time to craft. Get these going before your head hits the pillow.

4) Put your Energy to good use: Use up any Arena Energy (for Arena Events) and any Epic Boss energy if appropriate. If you have at least 8 Epic energy, and can kill the boss with 3 of your knights and two friends, don't let that energy go to waste. Use it up so you can hit it again in the morning when you wake up to maxed Epic energy again!

5) Get the most out of your friends: You can hire 10 friends per day. If you've used less than 10, and your friend hiring abilities will reset while you're going to be away from the game, try to go ahead and use up any you have left. Once you've hired the first friend for the day, the other nine become a "use it or lose it" proposition for the next 24 hours. Try not to "lose it" too often. This is important to leveling quickly.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR LEVEL BAR!!! One of the cool little feature of K&D is the fact that leveling up restores all of your hit points to maximum level, even when you're in the middle of a stage! If you're not exploiting this, you're not leveling as fast as you could be.

You should always take note of how much experience clearing a level brings. For example, let's say you just cleared Cold Rock Crags at the Valor stage, and noticed that doing so rewarded you with about 1/8 of an inch of experience on the Level bar, But took almost everything you had in terms of hit points to do so, and didn't level you up in the process. If you have 3/16 of an inch to hit the next level, the right play might be farming lower level stages until you KNOW FOR SURE, that you will level in the second to final stage of Cold Rock Crags. That way, you've ensured that you will level, and retained the maximum possible amount of Hit Points for other endeavors.

ALWAYS make the most of this feature. It is a KEY STRATEGIC COMPONENT in leveling quickly! It is also as important when farming the Ceberus at The Haunted Citadel (for Infernal Lord Armor) and the Dark Prince at The Kingdom of Darkness (for Dark Prince's Armor) at the later stages of the game!

Keep up with your quests. Not only do they teach you the fundamentals of the game, but they also come with rewards. The small amount of gold (maybe 200) and the small amount of experience (maybe 80) rewarded by a quest seems insignificant at the early levels. Most quests, however, have multiple levels. Completion of one typically unlocks another, with higher, more productive rewards.

The experience and gold from quests are important to rapid leveling, but quests also reward other cool stuff, like gems! And, sometimes the best thing that comes out of a quest is THE NEXT QUEST. Quests are almost never a waste of time!

All armors in K&D are based upon the five elements; Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Spirit. Each element has an opposing element against which it is strong, and gets a corresponding stat bonus. Commit these element advantages to memory AS SOON AS YOU CAN, and equip armors accordingly. If you have trouble committing these advantages to memory, try thinking about it like this:

It takes a darned long time for the waves to erode the shore, so: Earth beats Water!
The strongest man among us becomes weak when he is burned out, so: Fire beats Spirit!
With enough dedication, a properly motivated man can move the Earth, so: Spirit beats Earth!
The rain always falls in the direction that the wind blows it, so: Air beats Water!

When starting to play, your main knight is always placed, by default, in the starting position for any fight. This might be correct, but it also might not. Your main Knight will always have the best stats. Sometimes this will mean it's best to put him in your weakest armor, thereby equalizing all 3 Knights, and sometimes it will mean putting him in your BEST armor, and last in line, where you need the hardest hits against the stage boss.

Obviously, this relates to the above point about matching the strongest elements against each other. Simply put, PAY ATTENTION. Bring the maximum damage where it will have the maximum benefit. You'll get the most experience out of the hit points you have to spend, and will level faster!

Further, if you can expend all of your allies hit points, while retaining a few for your main knight, your main knight will be good to go again once all of your allies are at max power. This will cut down significantly on the time before you can face a tough stage again!

This one has been covered many times in these forums, but it's so wildly important that I'm going to try to explain it in my own way. Every last one of us has made the mistake, early in the game, of wasting time and gold crafting and enhancing armors that aren't worth it in the long run, or are inappropriate for those early-mid level stages of the game, and the lesson we learned cost us the ability to level as quickly as possible. If you can avoid this mistake, you'll level faster than we did.

Never spend resources on leveling an armor before taking the time to understand what that armor will eventually be capable of. Consult the following spreadsheet for a comprehensive list of all armor stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArPIArNuLRi7dGVrc1BqV2J1czAzY1AyR1kxSko4V lE#gid=0

Using this resource will prevent you from overestimating an armor the first time you see it. Just because something is new to you, and seems cool to have gained, doesn't mean it's not trash. We all wasted our time on an Embersteel or a Monk's Vestments, etc. Don't repeat our mistakes!

There's a time to chase the best armors in the game, but doing so too early will stunt your leveling ability by causing you to inefficiently spend your resources. Get the "Big Four" L50 dual element armors as quickly as you can, but don't be in a hurry to get the L70s and level them quite yet. That time will come, but it comes later than you might think.

Don't spend any time/money leveling a non plus version of an armor beyond what it takes to unlock the plus version. Doing so is a waste of time, gold, and craftable elements. Once you have your mono element armors (Stonescale, Seafoam, DragonFlame, Mystic, and Wing Warriors) to level 10, STOP enhancing them, craft the + version, and level the + version instead. This will momentarily set you back in armor strength, but it's an important investment that will pay off later.

Do the same with your "Big Four" L50 armors. Don't level a non-plus version of this armor beyond the L15 it takes to unlock the + version. Craft the plus as soon as you can, and level it instead. That one step back takes you 3 steps forward.

Get these L50 dual-element armors to plus version AS SOON AS YOU CAN, and dedicate your resources to maxing them out to level 50. They will serve you, and your ability to quickly level, for a VERY long time:

All of the above armors can be reliably fused through the combination of easily crafted tier 1(basic) or tier 2 (mono element L30) armors. Your first efforts at fusion should probably be the following:

* It should be noted that these basic armor fusions seem to have a higher failure rate than the Tier 2 Mono combos. If you happen to have, for example, Seafoam Armor (for slot one) and a Wing Warrior Armor (for slot two), this combo will more reliably create Atlantean Avenger than the fusion of the Basics. Same goes for Living Flame and Hydra out of Tier 2 monos. The spreadsheet linked above contains all this info in great detail.

By fusing these armors before you're even able to craft them through elements allows you to level them to L15 BEFORE you can craft them. Consequently, the moment you have the materials to craft them, you're crafting the plus version! This is HUGE, and will save you tons of time in leveling further!

BEATING THE EPIC BOSS

To gain enough material to craft the armor that the Epic boss drops is easy, cracking the boss at L15 will do it. To gain enough material to craft the plus version is MUCH tougher, you have to achieve approximately Boss Level 43!

There has been a great deal of discussion on this board suggesting that if you can't beat the Epic Boss enough times to gain the plus version of the boss armor, that fighting the boss at all is a waste of time. I'm not sure I agree.

It's easy to think of the Boss Armor as the only reward for fighting the boss, but I want to suggest that there are other factors that make taking a stab or three at the boss well worth the time.

Consider the current Epic Boss as I write this, "Dragon of the Deep." Now, suppose you are in the Level 55-75 range that would allow you, depending on your friends list, to kill up to approximately the Level 35 Boss. This is frustratingly close to, and frustratingly far away from the 43 kills necessary to score the plus level Boss Armor, but DO NOT lose sight of what you DID gain along the way.

In this weeks case, you gained 18 Wing Warrior Armors (9000 gold value and 9 hours time value), 13 Snakeskin Armors (39,000 gold value and 26 hours time value), 3 silver keys, 4 gold keys, 4 gems, and some pretty meaningful piles of gold and experience.

In other words, at the levels where you can NOT beat the Boss 43 times, the rewards for trying and missing are still tasty enough to make it worth trying. DO NOT get so caught up in the desire for instant gratification that you screw yourself out of this goodness!

Obviously, there are subjects to be explored with regard to leveling even further. There are top craftable L70 armors such as Dark Prince, Infernal Lord, Syk Guardian, and Swamp Shaman that deserve some discussion. Killing the Epic Boss all 60 times deserves a mention. Sitll, I think those are level 75-80 plus topics, and perhaps most appropriately reserved for a different post.

I sincerely hope that my use of an entire afternoon to write this helps some folks.

YawNeD
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Excellent post RadLong!
+1 for sticky request!

Catastr0phy
04-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Excellent post RadLong!
+1 for sticky request!

Yep! Nice one! Could get it in a online doc like our spreadsheet? That way i can get atleast the link in my signature incase it wont b a sticky

GCSpyder
04-23-2013, 07:30 PM
A must read for all. New and old alike.. Plenty of experience weaved into this piece.. Well done!!

BEATING THE EPIC BOSS

Justice711
04-24-2013, 08:02 AM
bump up for new players to read.. can we sticky this?

Rammst3in
04-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Awesome Post

Thanks RadLonghammer

Eloade
04-26-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm lvl 64 & have actually 1 Atlantean + 50/50 & i'm going to farm Sunken creak for craft spectral.

my question : this is necessary to up another one or two Atlantean + for griding Sunken creak ?

this is stupid if at time i have 2 or 3 Atlantean + Crius + Flaming + & Hydra + ?

Catastr0phy
04-26-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm lvl 64 & have actually 1 Atlantean + 50/50 & i'm going to farm Sunken creak for craft spectral.

my question : this is necessary to up another one or two Atlantean + for griding Sunken creak ?

this is stupid if at time i have 2 or 3 Atlantean + Crius + Flaming + & Hydra + ?

Might be smart to get a 70+ armor, since you'll eventually have to switch to them. try fusing one or go for a boss one? if you dont have enough power yet to gain one, focus on leveling for now. I recommend farming snakeskins, so that once you get your 70+ armor, you can easily lvl it up. also skeleton's tomb takes time to farm, but will pay out in the long term since you get your armors to a high level. thats how i did lvl 82-97(hopefully 98 in a few hours) in 5 days. I farmed snakeskins from lvl. 6x-85, was leveling once a day just by farming snakeskins. the moment i finally got a 70+ that was worth lvling for me, i got it lvl70 super easy, and that made sure i lvl so fast in the late 9x's now.

deathexe
04-26-2013, 08:11 AM

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I'll try to help the best I can. To farm level 70 armors, it's best to try and have three of the big 4 :atlantean+, hydra+, crius+ and living flame+ as they have the best stats.

One thing about the spectral captain though, it's stats aren't that good compared to other 70+ armors.

Vigorous
04-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Approximately how many ep is needed into the big 4 to Max it from 1-50?

RadLonghammer
04-29-2013, 03:04 PM

A LOT!!!

I'm slowly experimenting with leveling a Crius Plus. Since I already have one at 50/50, I can't throw ALL my resources at it, but I can tell you that 300 EP gets you to Level 15.

Vigorous
04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Dang. Well I'm gonna log how many ep it Takes for a + 4 star 1-70 lol

RuZE
05-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Excellent post RadLonghammer, thanks for the help

Ryuugan
05-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Dang. Well I'm gonna log how many ep it Takes for a + 4 star 1-70 lol

u need like 5000 +/- 100ep to max a 4 star armor from lvl1 to lvl70.

Oli
06-23-2013, 11:45 AM
100 free gems XBB-MXD-MPR

Sir.
06-23-2013, 12:55 PM
100 free gems XBB-MXD-MPR

Hi, I'm an idiot too. Wanna meet up, so we can do idiot things together? Perhaps even share our idiocy in an utterly idiotic conversation about idiots. Yes? No?

Oli
06-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Lol, yea ill meet you if you like .....
Hell man everyone else tries it on so why not !

Jello
06-23-2013, 07:12 PM

A LOT!!!

I'm slowly experimenting with leveling a Crius Plus. Since I already have one at 50/50, I can't throw ALL my resources at it, but I can tell you that 300 EP gets you to Level 15.

I kept track of my Crius+ Leveling 1-50. It took 1,540 EP and cost me 672,600 gold, which includes enhancement and material costs.

I am also keeping track of my Mantle of the Beast. So far from level 1-50 it has taken 3,114 EP and cost approx 1,344,600 gold.

Raistmar
06-23-2013, 07:33 PM
I kept track of my Crius+ Leveling 1-50. It took 1,540 EP and cost me 672,600 gold, which includes enhancement and material costs.

I am also keeping track of my Mantle of the Beast. So far from level 1-50 it has taken 3,114 EP and cost approx 1,344,600 gold.

What method did you use getting those armor?

Gabzor89
06-24-2013, 03:48 AM

I'm not sure if this has been answered properly already, but I haven't seen the answer. Exactly 1541 ep is needed to max any 1* or 2* dual element armor from 1-50.

For a 3* or 4* armor, it takes 5080 ep to go from Lvl 1-70

Jello
06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
What method did you use getting those armor?

Not sure I get your question, but since you're a senior member, I'm assuming you know how to craft/get materials to make these armors. So I guess you're asking how I leveled them from 1-50. Crius was clean and simple - Basics, Uncommons, and Snakeskin, so I will show you that one for now. My other armor level trackings have a mix of Boss Rewards, Daily Rewards, and craftables I had to make for quests but didn't want to keep.

All my armor sets are matching, meaning I did not take an EP loss on enhancing non-matched armor sets.

Level = starting level
EP = Enhancement Points added
Cost = Enhancement Fee
Result = Level after enhancing
EP Breakdown = A breakdown of enhancement cost per armor (150x4=600 gold which adds up to enhancement fee) and what armor was used (Basic, Uncommon, Snakeskin, or Fusion).
Mats Cost = Cost to make armor sets used to enhance

Crius+ Leveling 1-50:

Level/EP/Cost/Result/EP Breakdown/Mats Cost
1.00/24/600/3.75/150*4 Basics/300*4
3.75/24/1000/5.20/250*4 Basics/300*4
5.20/24/1400/6.45/350*4 Basics/300*4
6.45/24/1600/7.50/400*4 Basics/300*4
7.50/24/1800/8.50/450*4 Basics/300*4
8.50/24/2000/9.50/500*4 Basics/300*4
9.50/24/2400/10.50/600*4 Basics/300*4
10.50/24/2800/11.50/700*4 Basics/300*4
11.50 /24/3200/12.40/800*4 Basics/300*4
12.40 /24/3600/13.30/900*4 Basics/300*4
13.30 /40/4000/14.70/1000*4 Uncommon/500*4
14.70 /40/4400/16.00/1100*4 Uncommon/500*4
16.00 /40/5200/17.30/1300*4 Uncommon/500*4
17.30 /40/5600/18.60/1400*4 Uncommon/500*4
18.60 /40/6000/19.90/1500*4 Uncommon/500*4
19.90 /40/6400/21.10/1600*4 Uncommon/500*4
21.10 /40/7200/22.30/1800*4 Uncommon/500*4
22.30 /40/7600/23.50/1900*4 Uncommon/500*4
23.50 /40/8000/24.80/2000*4 Uncommon/500*4
24.80 /40/9000/25.95/2250*4 Uncommon/500*4
25.95 /200/10000/31.70/2500*4 Fusion/300*8 and 25000*4
31.70/40/16000/32.80/4000*4 Uncommon/500*4
32.80/40/17000/33.90/4250*4 Uncommon /500*4
33.90/40/18000/35.00/4500*4 Uncommon /500*4
35.00/40/22000/36.10/5500*4 Uncommon /500*4
36.10/40/24000/37.20/6000*4 Uncommon /500*4
37.20/40/26000/38.25/6500*4 Uncommon /500*4
38.25/40/28000/39.30/7000*4 Uncommon /500*4
39.30/40/30000/40.35/7500*4 Uncommon /500*4
40.35/40/32000/41.40/8000*4 Uncommon /500*4
41.40/80/34000/43.40/8500*4 Uncommon /500*4 & 300*32 (4 Stonescale Plate lvl 11 w/ basics, so 10+10 EP each.)
43.40/98/38000/45.95/9500*4 Snakeskin/3000*4
45.95/96/42000/48.30/10500*4 Snakeskin/3000*4
48.30/60/48000/49.80/12000*2 Snakeskin & 12000*2 Basics/3000*2 & 300*2
49.80/6/12500/50.00/12500*1 Basic/300*1

Totals: 1,540 EP and 682,200 gold (I forgot to add in the 9600 from 41.40-43.40)

A little experiment I did: On level 41.40-43.40, I tried enhancing Uncommon Stonescale Plate to level 11 (takes 8 Basic Earth). It saved me 19,600 gold (will differ depending on the level). It costs 5,100 gold to make 1 uncommon (500), 8 Basics (2,400) and enhance each uncommon 2x (600 and 1600). Total to do this 4 times is 20,400. Enhancing using the 4 lvl 11 uncommons cost 34,000.
- Total EP = 80.
- Total crafting time: (30 min x 4) + (5 min x 32) = 280 minutes
- Total is 54,400 gold.

If I just did 8 uncommons, it would have cost 2,000 for 4 uncommons, 34,000 to enhance from lvl 41.40-42.40. And another 2,000 for 4 uncommons, and 36,000 to enhance from lvl 42.40-43.40.
- Total EP = 80
- Total crafting time: (30 min x 8) = 240 minutes.
- Total would be 74,000 gold.

Even though the time factor goes up, I find it easier just to farm for Snakeskin while watching tv or other things. Aside from the time to farm the snakeskin leather, it costs 3,000 to craft snakeskin armor, so 12,000 gold. And 2 hours to craft. Plus the 34,000 to enhance 4 of them at level 41.
- Total EP = 96
- Total crafting time (2 hr x 4) = 480 minutes (plus farming time)
- Total would be 46,000 gold

Lots of different options - some save money, some save time. It's comes down to what you have time/money for!

Hope this is useful for some of you.

jus2tin
06-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Not sure I get your question, but since you're a senior member, I'm assuming you know how to craft/get materials to make these armors. So I guess you're asking how I leveled them from 1-50. Crius was clean and simple - Basics, Uncommons, and Snakeskin, so I will show you that one for now. My other armor level trackings have a mix of Boss Rewards, Daily Rewards, and craftables I had to make for quests but didn't want to keep.

All my armor sets are matching, meaning I did not take an EP loss on enhancing non-matched armor sets.

Level = starting level
EP = Enhancement Points added
Cost = Enhancement Fee
Result = Level after enhancing
EP Breakdown = A breakdown of enhancement cost per armor (150x4=600 gold which adds up to enhancement fee) and what armor was used (Basic, Uncommon, Snakeskin, or Fusion).
Mats Cost = Cost to make armor sets used to enhance

Crius+ Leveling 1-50:

Level/EP/Cost/Result/EP Breakdown/Mats Cost
1.00/24/600/3.75/150*4 Basics/300*4
3.75/24/1000/5.20/250*4 Basics/300*4
5.20/24/1400/6.45/350*4 Basics/300*4
6.45/24/1600/7.50/400*4 Basics/300*4
7.50/24/1800/8.50/450*4 Basics/300*4
8.50/24/2000/9.50/500*4 Basics/300*4
9.50/24/2400/10.50/600*4 Basics/300*4
10.50/24/2800/11.50/700*4 Basics/300*4
11.50 /24/3200/12.40/800*4 Basics/300*4
12.40 /24/3600/13.30/900*4 Basics/300*4
13.30 /40/4000/14.70/1000*4 Uncommon/500*4
14.70 /40/4400/16.00/1100*4 Uncommon/500*4
16.00 /40/5200/17.30/1300*4 Uncommon/500*4
17.30 /40/5600/18.60/1400*4 Uncommon/500*4
18.60 /40/6000/19.90/1500*4 Uncommon/500*4
19.90 /40/6400/21.10/1600*4 Uncommon/500*4
21.10 /40/7200/22.30/1800*4 Uncommon/500*4
22.30 /40/7600/23.50/1900*4 Uncommon/500*4
23.50 /40/8000/24.80/2000*4 Uncommon/500*4
24.80 /40/9000/25.95/2250*4 Uncommon/500*4
25.95 /200/10000/31.70/2500*4 Fusion/300*8 and 25000*4
31.70/40/16000/32.80/4000*4 Uncommon/500*4
32.80/40/17000/33.90/4250*4 Uncommon /500*4
33.90/40/18000/35.00/4500*4 Uncommon /500*4
35.00/40/22000/36.10/5500*4 Uncommon /500*4
36.10/40/24000/37.20/6000*4 Uncommon /500*4
37.20/40/26000/38.25/6500*4 Uncommon /500*4
38.25/40/28000/39.30/7000*4 Uncommon /500*4
39.30/40/30000/40.35/7500*4 Uncommon /500*4
40.35/40/32000/41.40/8000*4 Uncommon /500*4
41.40/80/34000/43.40/8500*4 Uncommon /500*4 & 300*32 (4 Stonescale Plate lvl 11 w/ basics, so 10+10 EP each.)
43.40/98/38000/45.95/9500*4 Snakeskin/3000*4
45.95/96/42000/48.30/10500*4 Snakeskin/3000*4
48.30/60/48000/49.80/12000*2 Snakeskin & 12000*2 Basics/3000*2 & 300*2
49.80/6/12500/50.00/12500*1 Basic/300*1

Totals: 1,540 EP and 682,200 gold (I forgot to add in the 9600 from 41.40-43.40)

A little experiment I did: On level 41.40-43.40, I tried enhancing Uncommon Stonescale Plate to level 11 (takes 8 Basic Earth). It saved me 19,600 gold (will differ depending on the level). It costs 5,100 gold to make 1 uncommon (500), 8 Basics (2,400) and enhance each uncommon 2x (600 and 1600). Total to do this 4 times is 20,400. Enhancing using the 4 lvl 11 uncommons cost 34,000.
- Total EP = 80.
- Total crafting time: (30 min x 4) + (5 min x 32) = 280 minutes
- Total is 54,400 gold.

If I just did 8 uncommons, it would have cost 2,000 for 4 uncommons, 34,000 to enhance from lvl 41.40-42.40. And another 2,000 for 4 uncommons, and 36,000 to enhance from lvl 42.40-43.40.
- Total EP = 80
- Total crafting time: (30 min x 8) = 240 minutes.
- Total would be 74,000 gold.

Even though the time factor goes up, I find it easier just to farm for Snakeskin while watching tv or other things. Aside from the time to farm the snakeskin leather, it costs 3,000 to craft snakeskin armor, so 12,000 gold. And 2 hours to craft. Plus the 34,000 to enhance 4 of them at level 41.
- Total EP = 96
- Total crafting time (2 hr x 4) = 480 minutes (plus farming time)
- Total would be 46,000 gold

Lots of different options - some save money, some save time. It's comes down to what you have time/money for!

Hope this is useful for some of you.

nice this is helpful :D

Jello
06-25-2013, 05:43 AM

Should be 1540 each x 4 = 6,610.

Raistmar
06-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Which one do you think is more efficient, sticking to uncommon past lvl 25 that levels your armor once or using snakeskin that will level your armor twice?

Jman
06-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Which one do you think is more efficient, sticking to uncommon past lvl 25 that levels your armor once or using snakeskin that will level your armor twice?Uncommon is you're worried about time, snakeskin if you're worried about cost.

Bryanv2
06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow thats a great tracking guide Jello, amazing.

However, I never saw the use of uncommon armor for upgrading. Especially since Jman also mentioned its good for if you're worried about time.

The EP is 10, and basics EP is 6. uncommons take way longer to farm than basics, and they also take 30 minutes. Basics cost 5 minutes. For 4 extra EP the extra time farming and the 6x longer waiting just doesn't seem worth it. The only reason Id take it over basics/snakeskin is the costs. 4 basics for just 24 EP cost a lot later on

Raekan
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Awesome guide! Helps alot!

dengel
07-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Jello that was an awesome post!!!

On top of that, is there a rule for how much EP is required per level of an item? */**/***?
I could try and guesstimate from Jello's post but was hoping someone already went through that work

If that was known you could play tricks by getting right before the next level so you stay below the cost umbrella of the next level. (It might not be the best strategy cost wise to land right at the start of a level; I.e. 34.9 versus 35.1 - 8k additional cost for next bump)

Note, I found on another page in the forum:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As8tTdFx1BUkdE9yVk9kUkZ4bm1pT1pkZDhFcVZFR Gc#gid=4
It seems to answer this question

Lieda
07-05-2013, 07:21 AM

I think there's no MAX level as a numeric cap, its possible to reach lvl 200+, but your statuses only increase until level 100, after that, theres no more statuses increase, and each level only give you 1000 gold and recovers your party HP, some people says they get gems/gold keys, but I only get 1000 gold... so in a pratical way, you can say the max level is 100

Raistmar
07-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I think there's no MAX level as a numeric cap, its possible to reach lvl 200+, but your statuses only increase until level 100, after that, theres no more statuses increase, and each level only give you 1000 gold and recovers your party HP, some people says they get gems/gold keys, but I only get 1000 gold... so in a pratical way, you can say the max level is 100

You only get keys and gems at certain levels just like before 100.

IronymanX
07-06-2013, 01:03 AM
As I dont need much craft material, I put 2 knights (non main) and a lvl 140+ friend on Epic dark prince. After that, if I succeded, I roll another with my main and another friend.

Lii
07-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Jello that was an awesome post!!!

On top of that, is there a rule for how much EP is required per level of an item? */**/***?
I could try and guesstimate from Jello's post but was hoping someone already went through that work

If that was known you could play tricks by getting right before the next level so you stay below the cost umbrella of the next level. (It might not be the best strategy cost wise to land right at the start of a level; I.e. 34.9 versus 35.1 - 8k additional cost for next bump)

Note, I found on another page in the forum:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As8tTdFx1BUkdE9yVk9kUkZ4bm1pT1pkZDhFcVZFR Gc#gid=4
It seems to answer this question

Hi dengel,

The levelling of 50 armors in that spreadsheet is actually from Jello's research. The information on the 30 armor is from another post on the forum and the information on the 70 armor is reverengineered from something Harvey did some time ago. The numbers are fairly correct, which means that there might be one or two XPs off in the higher levels. In other words if you are trying to always stay exactly below the next level to save money you might want to stay stay a few points below what the spreadsheet says in the higher levels.

If you find out that that one of the levels change at another XP than what is in the spreadsheet feel free to PM me and I can change it.

Jello
07-09-2013, 12:22 AM
If you find out that that one of the levels change at another XP than what is in the spreadsheet feel free to PM me and I can change it.

Lii... the enhancement costs are not right for 65-70. It increments by 4,000 after 64. They should be:

65 21,000 84,000
66 22,000 88,000
67 23,000 92,000
68 24, 000 96,000
69 25,000 100,000
70 (nothing... if armor is 70 you can't level)

I'm still crunching the numbers for EP per level 1-70. I'm referencing 5 of the 70 armors I'm leveling and keeping as much notes for each as I did the 1-50 post. Slight variations by +/- 3 EP amongst the armors, but close enough that I could say the numbers are 99.5% accurate. Give me a few days to finish it up and I'll get it to you.

Jello

Ashnagarr
07-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Thanks a lot for the work, really helpful! :)

Lotak
08-22-2013, 07:20 AM
From my experience it becomes cost effective to use fusion armours at ~ lvl 50 for non-matching snakeskins and ~ lvl 60 for matching snakeskins.

Erin's pride
08-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey fellow knights, just wanted to have a quick discussion. What's the best way to gain levels? Right now I'm 68 and I'm just trying to get to 100 as fast as I can. Based on your experiences, what's the most efficient? Going for the slightly easier stages more often (like misty marsh) or heading to the harder levels at a slower rate? (kingdom of darkness). I'm kinda to see the everyone's different playstyle and what not. 2 ways : 1) get to lvl 15 crafting epic armor then forget it. Focus on hiring a tough friend to bring u thru a difficult stage. U can do that 10 times a day..2) focus on an intermediate stage. Eg u are lvl 68? Farm Atlantean on valor as often as u can. Brings a lot of cheap upgrade armor with it :) good luck

Eldaran
08-22-2013, 11:15 PM
My best advice in short form:
adapt your experience runs to your armor and your level. Donīt let the monsters hit your knights with extra damage. Choose the highest location where you can kill them with one hit (doing extra damage yourselves helps).
And - of cause - read Radlongs post

Sol Invictus
06-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Anyone know where to find that guide to unlimited leveling? I've seen it posted at least once here.

I figure it was made so long ago, and it partly relied on using Cloudrage, that with the stat creep it would be a lot easier to utilize it these days and could be really useful for newer players not yet level 100.

I've been searching threads but I can't find it.

With my luck, I'm gonna find it now that I asked for help.

Sol Invictus
06-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Son of a...

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?72433-TUTORIAL-How-to-level-up-non-stop-past-level-100!

Rookeye
06-30-2014, 01:18 PM
*still reading above link; got to pg 3*

Not sure if this will work nowadays, but I hope so; I have some of these:

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?72433-TUTORIAL-How-to-level-up-non-stop-past-level-100!&p=1047979&viewfull=1#post1047979

sxespanky
07-01-2014, 07:22 AM
i always do the last level, last star grouping, only because i have an armor that can one shot the boss(tentacle tree man), i leave that level and come back, and do it again. i get half the xp bar full doing this. then when i come back full hp, i get half a bar of xp, level up, full health, and half a bar of xp. essentially im getting a full level every time i do this

Rookeye
07-01-2014, 12:37 PM
The point of one-shoting these mini bosses is...preserving how much life/bar you have?

Sol Invictus
07-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Yes. Better to take one hit from the monster than two.

Rookeye
07-01-2014, 12:45 PM
So if I can't one-shot mini-bosses yet, best to step down a level or two to place where I can? And when I'm stronger, head back to Epic? Gotcha.

Here I thought the higher level you COMPLETED (no matter how), the more points you got, so I was draining 3 toons plus 1 friend on Epic--twice--lather, rinse, repeat. *facepalm*

Adisty
07-02-2014, 05:44 AM
You do get a higher amount of experience points for the harder levels, but you could get more clearing a lower level more times.

So let's say, for the sake of example, you get 30k XP for clearing Kingdom of Darkness on Epic, but you can only clear it twice, for a total of 60k XP. But, you have some armor that allows you to clear Haunted Citadel on Epic 5 times, at let's say 18K XP. That would net you 90k XP. *These values are fake and just used as an example*

B Legit
07-02-2014, 06:30 AM
You do get a higher amount of experience points for the harder levels, but you could get more clearing a lower level more times.

So let's say, for the sake of example, you get 30k XP for clearing Kingdom of Darkness on Epic, but you can only clear it twice, for a total of 60k XP. But, you have some armor that allows you to clear Haunted Citadel on Epic 5 times, at let's say 18K XP. That would net you 90k XP. *These values are fake and just used as an example*

Here is a great guide I found, when you open to page scroll down to, or wordsearch, section 2B & 2B.1...beware, includes math :p
http://www.blogster.com/awkwardlyinappropriate/knights-and-dragons-a-complete-guide-v-10a

Rookeye
07-02-2014, 06:34 AM
Yeah Adisty, I tried your method to much better results than my own. (Who cares if I can clear the dark prince twice in a row if I am then dead in the water, energy-wise?) I hit the misty marshes instead, on mighty setting (lather, rinse, repeat), and while my ego took a beating, I went up a level, which was the whole point of the exercise.

Thanks! ;)

P.S. Thanks for the link, B Legit, I'll check it out today. :)

Adisty
07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Here is a great guide...beware, includes math :p

Re:2B That's a good idea, but difficult to implement. 2 misses could drop the ratio enough to be unfavorable, not to mention it doesn't take into account that you don't have the same enemies every time, save for the Kindom of Darkness stages, so the ratio won't be the same each time.

Re: 2B.1 Much better, but only if you're in early stage of EB or know you can't get any further with EB, since it uses your friends up. I used this method for awhile on the Haunted Citadel Epic Stage. But, I would use my knights in KoD 1st stage, to kill the Serpent, leave, enter, kill, until they were almost dead but still with enough points to enter, then went to Haunted with a hired friend.

Rookeye
07-02-2014, 08:40 AM
A lot of online guides assume I will have epics, not Legendaries, and I'm not keen to go shopping for high-priced armor typically, so...

I remain with the difficulty of adjusting their instructions for Legendaries. *sigh*

sxespanky
07-04-2014, 06:44 AM
rook what level are you, and what armors do you have? the only reason i can one shot the boss is becasue i have duel element advantage - which means he has an element advantage on me, when i kill the tentical marsh guy, he hits for 49, plus the little guys hit for about 18, so i take about 100 damage - but i can run it many times with my main char, and then many times with the other 2 elements(i use my special to one shot him), my other guys in my team, they take 2 hits to kill him, at which that time all my guys are beaten and bruised, ill put all 3 guys in with nearly no hp to try and get one more kill or so. this is how i leveled decently, the best part about this is im collecting the wiggly roots item as well, to craft, so you get a decent armor for fusions. if you cant kill him in 1 shot, try 2, the point is to finish a mini boss then leave, and try again, youll get a ton of xp doing this. mainly because you are trying to face one enemy that works very well with your armor lineup, thats the secret. other wise your armors may not work well with the next boss and so on. so you take a lot more damage.