PDA

View Full Version : Fusion: Worth it?

DreamM0d3
04-11-2013, 01:16 AM
With the advent of Dark Prince's chests, fusion was usually a means to get uncraftable armor like Sky Guardian and Storm Sorcerer. However, the chance to get the + version of them from the chests does defeat the purpose of trying to fuse them. Nevertheless, there is no denying that the normal versions are already strong enough on their own.

As of now, I probably see fusion more as a means to get the normal version of a craftable armor in advance so that I can level them up. By the time I have collected enough materials, I will be able to directly craft the + version of that particular armor. The main drawback is that fusion costs a whooping 25k. While it may not cost such a big dent to a high level player, budding players will find that multiple fusions will ultimately slow down their expansion and armor upgrading.

Likewise, there is still so much we do not know about fusion save for dual element fusion where AB + CD will create a combination of AC, AD, BC or BD. Are the results totally random or is the theory true that using higher level combinants will increase your chances of getting a good result?

What do you guys think? It would be great if I can get objective opinions both for and against the current fusion system. Better yet, I welcome suggestions to improve the system although they should be reasonable. Not something like "Oh fusion should cost 200 gold" etc.

Flare
04-11-2013, 01:36 AM
I think fusion is a good way for higher level players to get a shot at some of those uncraftable end game armor, or perhaps as a small boost when you fuze a 3star so you can craft the + version quickly. IMO people are just viewing fusing as a easy way to potentially get end game armor early, and expect results even when the %s are so low.

I just use it to clear room in my armor space while going about my normal farming for the 3 top armors. Over at least 20 fuses ive only gotten 1 infernal lord which is worth mentioning, everything else is pure crap. So if i had saved those 20 fuses, i would have 500k more which probably allows me to craft infernal lord itself and level it up to 20. No big deal.

IMO the biggest draw of fuzing earlier was lucking out and getting sky guardian/storm sorceror/steampowered, these 3 were the only ones that are uncraftable and are actually good. Now that its revealed + versions of them can be gotten from chest, fuzing no longer really has the same attraction as before.

THe trouble is that i feel it shouldnt be allowed as an option for new players, because all they see are the shiny ultrarare armors and think wow if i spend just 25k i might get an uber armor, when in reality they can end up spending all their early game money trying futilely for that armor, when if they just had patience and played normally, they could get end game armor in about 2-3 weeks of play. I think the fuzing function should be unlocked only when the new player has logged maybe 5 days at least of play so that they dont fall into the trap.

I felt that way when i just had 4 training fields, and id save up to do a fuse, and feel very dejected when i just get a crap 1 star, so much so i nearly quit. Then i realised progressing normally (crafting 50+ armors, maxing them, farming 70, 70+ armors) was way more fun and gave more rewards than the crapshoot that is fuzing.

DreamM0d3
04-11-2013, 01:53 AM
I think fusion is a good way for higher level players to get a shot at some of those uncraftable end game armor, or perhaps as a small boost when you fuze a 3star so you can craft the + version quickly. IMO people are just viewing fusing as a easy way to potentially get end game armor early, and expect results even when the %s are so low.

I just use it to clear room in my armor space while going about my normal farming for the 3 top armors. Over at least 20 fuses ive only gotten 1 infernal lord which is worth mentioning, everything else is pure crap. So if i had saved those 20 fuses, i would have 500k more which probably allows me to craft infernal lord itself and level it up to 20. No big deal.

IMO the biggest draw of fuzing earlier was lucking out and getting sky guardian/storm sorceror/steampowered, these 3 were the only ones that are uncraftable and are actually good. Now that its revealed + versions of them can be gotten from chest, fuzing no longer really has the same attraction as before.

THe trouble is that i feel it shouldnt be allowed as an option for new players, because all they see are the shiny ultrarare armors and think wow if i spend just 25k i might get an uber armor, when in reality they can end up spending all their early game money trying futilely for that armor, when if they just had patience and played normally, they could get end game armor in about 2-3 weeks of play. I think the fuzing function should be unlocked only when the new player has logged maybe 5 days at least of play so that they dont fall into the trap.

I felt that way when i just had 4 training fields, and id save up to do a fuse, and feel very dejected when i just get a crap 1 star, so much so i nearly quit. Then i realised progressing normally (crafting 50+ armors, maxing them, farming 70, 70+ armors) was way more fun and gave more rewards than the crapshoot that is fuzing.

I share many sentiments with you. Since fusion is still by choice, I think its fine to let new players try their luck. However, I will still advocate expansion and armor upgrading as priority. Fusion is similar to dark prince chest in a way where players tend to expect ultra rares and thus get disappointed when they fail to get what they want.

With the new + versions in chest, I would like to suggest an alternative to get fusion to maintain its appeal. Why not make it such that you can obtain a level 1 + version armor by combining both of the same armors. However, both armors have to be upgraded to its second form for them to be eligible for such a combination. I know that fusion does not work for armors that share the same elements but this could be an exception. Furthermore, I reckon that this would be quite feasible because it is certainly not easy to get 2 copies of the same armor to its second upgraded look. Assuming you can even get 2 of the same armor if its difficult to get. Of course this is just an idea and the level requirements can be increased as the developers see fit.

Potential benefits would include the player having something to aim for and would thus be investing longer hours into the game. Even if they do not spend money due to lack of options, at least the player base will continue to grow, which certainly helps to boost the lifespan of the game.

Harvey Guo
04-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Theoretically, the fusion is not worthwhile due to high cost and unstable results (mostly are unexpected and bad results),However, people may not act rationally. If there is a chance or surprise waiting for them, they may eager to giving a try, no matter what cost.
Personally, I will not try more fusion even become the higher level player unless I'm feeling lucky some day, crafting armor can be a certain gain, especially those top tier armors.
If the the fusion can gain + version (unlock it first) armor, I believe it will become more popular and maybe worthwhile.

zhy
04-11-2013, 05:46 AM
im sitting on 76 useless fusion stones

DreamM0d3
04-11-2013, 06:01 AM
What do you all think of my suggestion? Yay or nay?

deathexe
04-11-2013, 06:16 AM

Definitely a yay. Currently I don't see the point of fusing armors if the outcomes are just going to be armors I can craft easily. Even if I got a sky guardian, it sucks knowing that somewhere out there, there's a sky guardian+ someone got by luck from a dark prince chest. The fusion system definitely needs a good tweaking.

zhy
04-11-2013, 06:17 AM
uhm, just woke up, noticed was way too long to read in the morning so being lazy n said only fusion stones are useless :P

Harvey Guo
04-11-2013, 06:28 AM
I think your suggestion may worth to have a try.
And about your doubt relate to the level & fusion success, I currently only believe the + version may increase the percentage of success, but not the level.
Many people used high level armor gain a poor result, as my opinion, no matter how they upgrade their armor, normal version is normal version, even if it is lv50. But if you used a + version to fuse, that's another thing, +version is +version even it is only lv1.
From my fusion, I gained Infernal of Lord by using +version lv1 armors, but gained poor result before using high level normal armors. So currently I will not believe that high level affects the results.

Jman
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
uhm, just woke up, noticed was way too long to read in the morning so being lazy n said only fusion stones are useless :P
How did you get so many? Opening chests? Because I can't get any and desperately need them. What is the best way to get them?

zhy
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
i get some each week from boss n arena event rankings rewards.

Jman
04-11-2013, 05:56 PM
i get some each week from boss n arena event rankings rewards.
If I'm not good enough to place that high how should I get them?

Harvey Guo
04-12-2013, 12:00 AM
If I'm not good enough to place that high how should I get them?farm the boss is the fastest way to gain stones, I own 100+ stones currently.
Each boss has a chance of dropping stones, and it can also drop silver keys, you may also gain stones from opening these chests.

Bayu
04-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Looking to the spreadsheet, I see sky guardian +. How can we make that if we cannot farm the materials?

deathexe
04-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Looking to the spreadsheet, I see sky guardian +. How can we make that if we cannot farm the materials?

Dark prince's chest.

Bayu
04-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Dark prince's chest.

Thanks for answering both questions :)

deathexe
04-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Thanks for answering both questions :)

Anytime :)

Jman
04-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Each boss has a chance of dropping stones.
Like the Relic Ruins boss? Or should I aim for higher level bosses? I'm only lv 24 and the most recent location I have is withering cascades mighty. And should it be the epic stage or is notmal just as good? Thanks for your help.

Harvey Guo
04-14-2013, 06:37 AM
each boss will have the chance, some one said the high stage boss will have more chance (epic stage), it may true, but normal stage will be much easier to farm, so normally I will choose the normal stage.
I do not farm for the stones, but for the material, by the way to gain the stones and silver keys if I'm lucky.
And I would not recommend you to chase for stones for the fusion, it is too early for you, trust me, making further development first, get enough golds, then you may prepare to fusion.
I currently lv78, but I do not wanna fuse armors, cost and gain are imbalance, I just farm the material and craft the armor, that will be a certain gain.
Hope this can help you. Good Luck.
Like the Relic Ruins boss? Or should I aim for higher level bosses? I'm only lv 24 and the most recent location I have is withering cascades mighty. And should it be the epic stage or is notmal just as good? Thanks for your help.

Jman
04-14-2013, 06:44 AM
each boss will have the chance, some one said the high stage boss will have more chance (epic stage), it may true, but normal stage will be much easier to farm, so normally I will choose the normal stage.
I do not farm for the stones, but for the material, by the way to gain the stones and silver keys if I'm lucky.
And I would not recommend you to chase for stones for the fusion, it is too early for you, trust me, making further development first, get enough golds, then you may prepare to fusion.
I currently lv78, but I do not wanna fuse armors, cost and gain are imbalance, I just farm the material and craft the armor, that will be a certain gain.
Hope this can help you. Good Luck.
I have the money for it. I make several hundred thousand every day. The thing is I need them to complete several if the quests in the quests bar and I don't have any so I was wonder how to get them. I am already farming snake skin scraps or whatever they are called should just keep farming there you think?

Harvey Guo
04-14-2013, 07:19 AM
If you really wanna fusion stones, I would recommend you to farm the Thieves Cove, normal stage, I gained at least 30 fusion stones from there, you may try your luck.
I have the money for it. I make several hundred thousand every day. The thing is I need them to complete several if the quests in the quests bar and I don't have any so I was wonder how to get them. I am already farming snake skin scraps or whatever they are called should just keep farming there you think?

Jman
04-14-2013, 07:28 AM
If you really wanna fusion stones, I would recommend you to farm the Thieves Cove, normal stage, I gained at least 30 fusion stones from there, you may try your luck.
Ok thanks.

DreamM0d3
04-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Regarding fusion stones, if one refers to my first post in this thread, fusing isn't very ideal for lower level players. As such there shouldn't be a need to specifically farm for stones. If one plays the game consistently and continually farms for materials to enhance their armors, they will find that the fusion stones will come to them randomly and naturally. I have personally watch my stack of stones slowly grow without my notice.

Raistmar
04-15-2013, 06:47 AM
I just look at it as the cheap/poor man's dark prince chest.

It won't guarantee you to get ultra rare every time you buy one.
And not everyone has money to blow on gems.

Fusion works the same way.
You can't go in expecting to get the end game armor every fuse.

Both of em will depend on your luck.

Sure dark prince chest will garner better armours but not everyone has the $$ to spend.

DreamM0d3
04-15-2013, 06:54 AM
I just look at it as the cheap/poor man's dark prince chest.

It won't guarantee you to get ultra rare every time you buy one.
And not everyone has money to blow on gems.

Fusion works the same way.
You can't go in expecting to get the end game armor every fuse.

Both of em will depend on your luck.

Sure dark prince chest will garner better armours but not everyone has the $$ to spend.

You could look at it that way. However, too much fusion at earlier levels will hinder a player's expansion and enhancement rate.