PDA

View Full Version : (Everyone K&D Player) GREE: Stop Forcing Us To Buy Gems!

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Hey I have created this thread in high hopes that many players of Knights and Dragons (K&D) will jump on this idea band wagon. My goal is to get as many people as possible to request this specific thing that
should be added to K&D.

The request to be added to the game is that a Dark Prince Chest Key should be awarded after every ten levels past level 50 instead of the useless gold keys.

It's not fair that GREE is trying to force us to buy gems to go further in this game. I mean, with the last
update, we can't get a nemesis armor in a normal gold chest anymore. We have to spend OUR money to
be able to purchase gems for the Dark Prince Chest; which is the only way to really get anything good
anymore.

So please, help take part in this forum and show that GREE is making a terrible mistake by taking the path they have chosen to take this game with in app purchases. It's frustrating and will only bring down this game.

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Hey I have created this thread in high hopes that many players of Knights and Dragons (K&D) will jump on this idea band wagon. My goal is to get as many people as possible to request this specific thing that
should be added to K&D.

The request to be added to the game is that a Dark Prince Chest Key should be awarded after every ten levels past level 50 instead of the useless gold keys.

It's not fair that GREE is trying to force us to buy gems to go further in this game. I mean, with the last
update, we can't get a nemesis armor in a normal gold chest anymore. We have to spend OUR money to
be able to purchase gems for the Dark Prince Chest; which is the only way to really get anything good
anymore.

So please, help take part in this forum and show that GREE is making a terrible mistake by taking the path they have chosen to take this game with in app purchases. It's frustrating and will only bring down this game.

I agree with you on a certain extent that the dark prince's chest seems elusive to those who have few gems or do not have the option to spend money. If one does the frequent video offers and the occasional gem from leveling up or from silver chest, you might be able to save up for a dark prince's chest.

Personally, I do not think having a Nemesis armor is important unless you plan to get very far ahead (or perhaps level 60). You can still rely on high-level allies to get you to a certain point. That said, if you are still very early into the game, I wouldn't recommend spending your gems on chests as a priority because failure to get a good armor will definitely result in major disappointment. I think many players have the misconception that a dark prince's chest is suppose to be an instant route to success. Nevertheless, I feel that a slight buff to the rewards might be in order.

Focus on upgrading your training grounds and building sufficient armorsmiths first will ensure that you have a solid foundation. Once you are fully upgraded, you can focus solely on saving up to open chests.

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I agree with you on a certain extent that the dark prince's chest seems elusive to those who have few gems or do not have the option to spend money. If one does the frequent video offers and the occasional gem from leveling up or from silver chest, you might be able to save up for a dark prince's chest.

Personally, I do not think having a Nemesis armor is important unless you plan to get very far ahead (or perhaps level 60). You can still rely on high-level allies to get you to a certain point. That said, if you are still very early into the game, I wouldn't recommend spending your gems on chests as a priority because failure to get a good armor will definitely result in major disappointment. Focus on upgrading your training grounds and building sufficient armorsmiths first will ensure that you have a solid foundation.

You are correct BUT what happens when you have the max amount of friends already used up and are not powerful enough to solo the nemesis boss with your average fused armors? You have to wait 24 hours before you can use your high leveled friends again but do you really want to stare at the count down for 24 hours? No you would rather go in and fight the boss yourself. Thats where the nemesis armor is helpful. I am more of thinking for lower level players, for I am a level 59 and level 66 (two separate ipod accounts). But the point is that getting gems is a pain in the butt and shouldnt be a requirement for this game because it practically is.

Or atleast GREE can make it to where we can convert gold to gems. Even if it is 60,000 gold for 1 gem; ITS STILL BETTER!

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Just remember that this is a free to play game. This is the norm now so microtransactions aren't going anywhere anytime soon (here's looking at you EA)

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Just remember that this is a free to play game. This is the norm now so microtransactions aren't going anywhere anytime soon (here's looking at you EA)

ROFL. I like how you go one round just to shoot another company. Unfortunately, you are right. The gaming industry has become so commercialized that it all comes down to micro-transactions, DLCs and half-hearted expansions.

Crazy_Fac3

True, but almost every game company has realised how much of a pain this is so they dont have to make gems far overpriced because not everyone can afford them. Or at least GREE can make it to where we can convert gold to gems. Even if it is 60,000 gold for 1 gem; ITS STILL BETTER! And almost every game company is doing that

Mad Fusion
. Spend it if it makes you happy. If you want to play for free and beat 60 max out 3 of each top tier armor and have high kevel friends. The things you get feom gold chest is better than dark prince chest. All armir in dark prince with exception to nemesis can be crafted or fuse. Mats from gold chest can make you plus version of starmetal and exoskeleton. I play pretty casual now and can get 51 without nemesis(actually only have three armor max) with frinds help. Not sure hiw much better nemesis armor is compare to dark prince or inferno lord for this event. Im pretty sure a max out wicked wrath is better for this boss than nemesis.

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
. Spend it if it makes you happy. If you want to play for free and beat 60 max out 3 of each top tier armor and have high kevel friends. The things you get feom gold chest is better than dark prince chest. All armir in dark prince with exception to nemesis can be crafted or fuse. Mats from gold chest can make you plus version of starmetal and exoskeleton. I play pretty casual now and can get 51 without nemesis(actually only have three armor max) with frinds help. Not sure hiw much better nemesis armor is compare to dark prince or inferno lord for this event. Im pretty sure a max out wicked wrath is better for this boss than nemesis.

Couldn't have said it better. Perhaps it all comes down to one's expectations. On a casual level, I am perfectly fine with not getting the + version of a boss armor if I am unable to get my hands on a nemesis. On the other hand, a collector will be hard up to get that particular armor. As the game continues to develop and unroll new armors, I am contented with just upgrading my base and getting my characters to level up faster. After all, when you are at a high level, fighting bosses do become easier.

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
ROFL. I like how you go one round just to shoot another company. Unfortunately, you are right. The gaming industry has become so commercialized that it all comes down to micro-transactions, DLCs and half-hearted expansions.

It's how I roll. I love how they just got voted worst company in American, and oh boy did the crap ever hit the ceiling fan. If you wanna see where I'm coming from, check out Jimquisition he's constantly lashing out and showing the dark side of gaming companies in a comedic manner :P

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 10:16 AM
It's how I roll. I love how they just got voted worst company in American, and oh boy did the crap ever hit the ceiling fan. If you wanna see where I'm coming from, check out Jimquisition he's constantly lashing out and showing the dark side of gaming companies in a comedic manner :P

Haha I'm gonna have to look him up. But guys, atleast lets request that GREE allows us to convert gold to gems. Is that too hard to ask?

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Haha I'm gonna have to look him up. But guys, atleast lets request that GREE allows us to convert gold to gems. Is that too hard to ask?

It'll NEVER happen. Potential loss of a lot of money due to the fact that gold is so easy to get

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
hi sam, see you again.
I wanna ask you a question.
how would you arrange your people and armors in the arena
If you choose from the Dark prince, Swamp and Infernal, which one comes to first, second and third?
And which place who you arrange your main knight? First, second or last?
Cheers.
It'll NEVER happen. Potential loss of a lot of money due to the fact that gold is so easy to get

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 10:29 AM

I doubt thats gonna happen. Let me just share a story or rather an analogy if you will. A marketing executive for a gaming company once told me this. In every game which involves micro-transactions, there are three kinds of players. The Whales, the Dolphins and the Shrimps.

The shrimps are the most numerous. They are the kind of people who will play the game at their own pace and will rarely spend additional money.
The dolphins are more avid gamers and occasionally spend some money on the game. They make up decent percentage of the population.
The whales are the hardcore players who will do everything in their power to excel or become the best. They spend a lot of money on the game. However, they only make up a minority of the gamer population.

With the right balance, the game will continue to survive and will thus have the resources to cater to these different gamer types. The new update with the dark prince's chest only serves to draw an even deeper line between these types.

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I doubt thats gonna happen. Let me just share a story or rather an analogy if you will. A marketing executive for a gaming company once told me this. In every game which involves micro-transactions, there are three kinds of players. The Whales, the Dolphins and the Shrimps.

The shrimps are the most numerous. They are the kind of people who will play the game at their own pace and will rarely spend additional money.
The dolphins are more avid gamers and occasionally spend some money on the game. They make up decent percentage of the population.
The whales are the hardcore players who will do everything in their power to excel or become the best. They spend a lot of money on the game. However, they only make up a minority of the gamer population.

With the right balance, the game will continue to survive and will thus have the resources to cater to these different gamer types. The new update with the dark prince's chest only serves to draw an even deeper line between these types.

I love you lol best way I've ever heard it been put

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 10:49 AM
hi sam, see you again.
If you choose from the Dark prince, Swamp and Infernal, which one comes to first, second and third?
Cheers.

To be honest, my lineup up is Hunter's Garb+ , Hydra Hunter+, and Flamestorm Finery (in that order) and my knight is the 3rd one

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 10:51 AM
got it, thanks :)
To be honest, my lineup up is Hunter's Garb+ , Hydra Hunter+, and Flamestorm Finery (in that order) and my knight is the 3rd one

Mad Fusion
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
hi sam, see you again.
Cheers.I go swamp first for defense since you get hit first and most leople do not use wind/spirit armor. I dont think it matters much unless you want to go after the gold medal or black. At that point you will get a feel for hiw many plaauers can beat you, so remember them and adjust lineup accordingly. There wont be that many players with three max armor 70 in top 100

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Got it, thanks:)
I go swamp first for defense since you get hit first and most leople do not use wind/spirit armor. I dont think it matters much unless you want to go after the gold medal or black. At that point you will get a feel for hiw many plaauers can beat you, so remember them and adjust lineup accordingly. There wont be that many players with three max armor 70 in top 100

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 11:11 AM
I go swamp first for defense since you get hit first and most leople do not use wind/spirit armor. I dont think it matters much unless you want to go after the gold medal or black. At that point you will get a feel for hiw many plaauers can beat you, so remember them and adjust lineup accordingly. There wont be that many players with three max armor 70 in top 100

Well Hunters Garb is Spirit/Earth :P this is just a temporary set up though, it's close to my original when I first started so I keep it this way for nostalgic value. Kicks a lot of butt too

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Well Hunters Garb is Spirit/Earth :P this is just a temporary set up though, it's close to my original when I first started so I keep it this way for nostalgic value. Kicks a lot of butt too

Hunter's Garb looks kinda badass too with its Tengu/Mr Karate mask.

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I have one issue with the analogy though. I wouldn't consider the people who spend a lot of money to become the best as the "hardcore" players of the game you speak of. Spending a lot of money is basically buying your way through the game which will almost immediately place you as a top tier player because of the OP equipment bought from the start. I think of it as the easy way. The ones who are poor I consider the hard core players because they are working their a** off to become better than those who bought their way to the top. Its like a snobby adult born under rich parents. The only reason why that person is successful is because his parents gave him/her that money and he/she is simply buying their way through life as compared to the the poor families who work 24/7 just to get a meal on the table for their families. Back tot his game: a coin to gem converter would give the real “hardcore” players a tiny boost to be able to somewhat come closer to eveing the odds between the two.

I've saved every gem of mine in the game (having a total of 19), a level 46 Bone Harvester a level 50 Molten Shroud and a level 48 Flowstone. I have worked my butt off and still cant compete with those in the top 25 of the arena lederboards (the ones who have bought their way to the top through either gems or the 2012 gem hack).

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
no hard feelings against you man, you do bring up a lot of good points. Just a difference of opinions that's all. :)

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I have one issue with the analogy though. I wouldn't consider the people who spend a lot of money to become the best as the "hardcore" players of the game you speak of. Spending a lot of money is basically buying your way through the game which will almost immediately place you as a top tier player because of the OP equipment bought from the start. I think of it as the easy way. The ones who are poor I consider the hard core players because they are working their a** off to become better than those who bought their way to the top. Its like a snobby adult born under rich parents. The only reason why that person is successful is because his parents gave him/her that money and he/she is simply buying their way through life as compared to the the poor families who work 24/7 just to get a meal on the table for their families. Back tot his game: a coin to gem converter would give the real “hardcore” players a tiny boost to be able to somewhat come closer to eveing the odds between the two.

I've saved every gem of mine in the game (having a total of 19), a level 46 Bone Harvester a level 50 Molten Shroud and a level 48 Flowstone. I have worked my butt off and still cant compete with those in the top 25 of the arena lederboards (the ones who have bought their way to the top through either gems or the 2012 gem hack).

Ah yes I see where you are coming from. Sounds very much like the real world too huh. All in all, I guess what's important is for everyone to have fun and to enjoy the game as they slowly unroll new content. I know certain armors will still be unattainable to me at this point but with patience, who knows where I might land up?

Well you can take heart that we have a growing community of players here that can support each other in times of need. No matter how strong a person is, its always great to have allies.

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 11:38 AM
There are always some players who cannot wait such a long time, they are eager to become so called top rank or beat stronger boss which they may not currently afford, thus they spend lots of money on buying golds and gems.
Most of these players are weaker, you can see many of them in the arena, owned great armors, such as Starmetal, Sky guardians, etc. then I just need three shots to finish all his three men... what a funny thing.
People are who they are, wanna become the true top player in this, patient is one of the key factor. These money spender will never be the top due to the lack of patients. I normally ignore them.
By the way, you can do many free offers and gain many free gems. I've got about 100 free gems for total.
Good Luck.

Samuel_Hdz
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
It all comes down to human nature, do we want it now or later? The answer will always be now

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
There are always some players who cannot wait such a long time, they are eager to become so called top rank or beat stronger boss which they may not currently afford, thus they spend lots of money on buying golds and gems.
Most of these players are weaker, you can see many of them in the arena, owned great armors, such as Starmetal, Sky guardians, etc. then I just need three shots to finish all his three men... what a funny thing.
People are who they are, wanna become the true top player in this, patient is one of the key factor. These money spender will never be the top due to the lack of patients. I normally ignore them.
By the way, you can do many free offers and gain many free gems. I've got about 100 free gems for total.
Good Luck.

Honestly I would try to do the offers but for some reason, anytime I open the "free gems" tab the game immediately crashes on me :( and of course...I have messaged GREE but theyre not exactly known for helping people with issues -_-

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Ah yes I see where you are coming from. Sounds very much like the real world too huh. All in all, I guess what's important is for everyone to have fun and to enjoy the game as they slowly unroll new content. I know certain armors will still be unattainable to me at this point but with patience, who knows where I might land up?

Well you can take heart that we have a growing community of players here that can support each other in times of need. No matter how strong a person is, its always great to have allies.

This was a rather fulfilling conversation. I am glad you're not one of those people who rage on anyone who has a second opinion, I respect that. And true, who knows exactly where this game will lead to. Haha wouldn't it be awesome if this game somehow evolved in the next through months and take on a strange futuristic space enviornment where we have to fight off galactic space pigs? Pretty sweet

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Another thing. The wigwurm boss armor (hate this armor) is the fourth armor to the top right of this forum page. Does that mean this boss has already come to pass before? I guess where I am getting at is do these bosses recycle or are they always new? oh jeeze, I would love to have a Bone Harvester+.

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 11:55 AM
what a pity... this game get many bugs need to be fixed.
I've craft a Spectral Captain Uniform +, when it counting down about 10 hours, the game shut down, after rebooting the game, I got the armor.... but the time still counting down, when finish counting, I found that I did not finish the quest...wtf
Honestly I would try to do the offers but for some reason, anytime I open the "free gems" tab the game immediately crashes on me :( and of course...I have messaged GREE but theyre not exactly known for helping people with issues -_-

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Another thing. The wigwurm boss armor (hate this armor) is the fourth armor to the top right of this forum page. Does that mean this boss has already come to pass before? I guess where I am getting at is do these bosses recycle or are they always new? oh jeeze, I would love to have a Bone Harvester+.

Hmm it has been here on the banner for quite some time. I suppose it was an armor that was designed in advance and that the developers were waiting for the right opportunity to release it. It would be great if they have some massive event where we can summon any of the previous bosses using the boss energy. And each time, the boss will become stronger as usual just that we get to choose who to fight each time. Not sure if its gonna happen but its good to dream lol.

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 12:08 PM
May I ask you a question about the daily reward. It says that play every day and gain reward every, 5 days a row, I've played the game everyday but have not received the reward daily, and cannot finish the achievement. Is there any solutions?
Hmm it has been here on the banner for quite some time. I suppose it was an armor that was designed in advance and that the developers were waiting for the right opportunity to release it. It would be great if they have some massive event where we can summon any of the previous bosses using the boss energy. And each time, the boss will become stronger as usual just that we get to choose who to fight each time. Not sure if its gonna happen but its good to dream lol.

DreamM0d3
04-10-2013, 12:09 PM
May I ask you a question about the daily reward. It says that play every day and gain reward every, 5 days a row, I've played the game everyday but have not received the reward daily, and cannot finish the achievement. Is there any solutions?

Hmm I am not sure about that. Maybe try restarting the app?

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
sometime received the first four rewards, but cannot receive the fifth, then the reward is disconnected, I've reboot the game but still cannot get that. Then I received a new first day reward, but for a altantean armor... I do not know why. Anyway, thx the reply, this is not a big issue.
Hmm I am not sure about that. Maybe try restarting the app?

The Wise One
04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Just wanted to chime in from my experiences. I've played a ton of games and I can see both sides of this debate. However, the bottom line is especially Knights and Dragons, you're not forced to buy gems etc. in order to progress or be a top player. I believe we've done a good job in offering and throwing out ways to earn gems without buying them compared to many games which don't give any at all. There's more than one way to gain gems via. playing regularly.

Heapy
04-10-2013, 02:35 PM

I am not a shrimp, I am a King Prawn!!

In all honesty I generally refuse to support micro-transactions as I don't believe you're really getting value for money and I hate the idea of being forced into buying a virtual product.
That said, I do believe in supporting a company that is taking the effort to create and update a game that I find enjoyable and I am more than happy to spend money when I can see that the game has regular updates and is looked after.

The best methods however and K&D does do this are those that don't restrict you from any aspect of the game without purchases. Whilst K&D is quite heavily monetized there are no game impacting items that are gems only, this is another reason I am happy to spend money here.

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Just wanted to chime in from my experiences. I've played a ton of games and I can see both sides of this debate. However, the bottom line is especially Knights and Dragons, you're not forced to buy gems etc. in order to progress or be a top player. I believe we've done a good job in offering and throwing out ways to earn gems without buying them compared to many games which don't give any at all. There's more than one way to gain gems via. playing regularly.

No point in arguing with you since you are an admin, but I have and several friends of mine have written complaints about the "free gems" offers section being very...buggy, if you will. I can't open it, about every one of my friends who play this game at school can't open it either without the game crashing each and every time. I mean nothing against you or GREE personally, anytime I (or anyone else) have written GREE an informational email about a new bug that has popped up, no one ever replies. I would assume you guys are just overwhelmed with emails but it's hard to say when almost everyone in each forum complains about GREE never answering to anyone.

Don't get upset when reading this, I am only writing you this as a heads up on what's going on. Not sure if you're aware of any of this but it is rather frustrating.

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I just want a sense of knowing that there's a company out there that actually tries looking out for their players/community. That's all I am asking.

Keymoe
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
More members of the team should definitely join the forums and contribute as this is the official forum after all. There needs to be less of a barrier/gap between the team and the players.

Heapy
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Maybe i'm the exception in this case but everytime I have contacted Gree support they have gotten back to me in under 24 hours.

I have to admit though i'm not a fan of the free gems section, the videos are nice but the offers are very scammy at best and I have felt that putting in personal information including my main email account would be unwise. It would be nice to see better quality offers that don't feel like scams and actually make you want to complete the offer.

Something like tapjoy would be appropriate.

Keymoe
04-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Maybe i'm the exception in this case but everytime I have contacted Gree support they have gotten back to me in under 24 hours.

I have to admit though i'm not a fan of the free gems section, the videos are nice but the offers are very scammy at best and I have felt that putting in personal information including my main email account would be unwise. It would be nice to see better quality offers that don't feel like scams and actually make you want to complete the offer.

I got 2 of my first replies today which was really nice from GREE although I have sent much more than 2 emails in my time. ;)

Keymoe
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
I am not a shrimp, I am a King Prawn!!

In all honesty I generally refuse to support micro-transactions as I don't believe you're really getting value for money and I hate the idea of being forced into buying a virtual product.
That said, I do believe in supporting a company that is taking the effort to create and update a game that I find enjoyable and I am more than happy to spend money when I can see that the game has regular updates and is looked after.

The best methods however and K&D does do this are those that don't restrict you from any aspect of the game without purchases. Whilst K&D is quite heavily monetized there are no game impacting items that are gems only, this is another reason I am happy to spend money here.

Could not have said it any better. +1

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 03:05 PM

REALLY??? WoW! You're the first! The first time I complained to them, I had lost a high leveled swamp shaman due to an enhancement glitch. I enhanced my swamp shaman with (i dont remember exactly) but I think it was with a chimera coprs uniform. The game crashed on me but when I restarted it I realised I had lost my swmap shaman the chimera corps. I dont care for the corps but that swamp shaman was amazing. I complained...they replied "delete the game and restart it".........WTF?! So I did. Still nothing so I replied back to grees email. they never replied. few days later I wrote GREE again...still nothing. Then over the next few months I reply over stupid bugs that keep making me lose valuable stuff and they NEVER reply. Then the past few weeks over 20 friends and myself write a complaint about the free offers being bugged........NO ONE got a reply.

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Idk, maybe they just hate people in florida. I'll try again, maybe they've gotten better by...today. If they do respond, PRAISE JESUS, if not -_- it'll be frustrating

I looked back at the email, it was a level 34 swamp shaman. which was amazing because when equipped to my main character it had done something around 716dmg

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
great I cant even open the "contact us" page to contact customer support.

Harvey Guo
04-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Sometimes, things will not go what we expect, we may need to accept that after every tries.
If you own enough training fields, I believe that you will gain another lv34 swamp shaman + within two days.
good luck
Idk, maybe they just hate people in florida. I'll try again, maybe they've gotten better by...today. If they do respond, PRAISE JESUS, if not -_- it'll be frustrating

I looked back at the email, it was a level 34 swamp shaman. which was amazing because when equipped to my main character it had done something around 716dmg

deathexe
04-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I think what the wise one meant about free gems didn't only apply for the free offers. Throughout the game, there's been countless opportunities for players to get gems like the end of most or even all questlines give at least 1 gems. Also, solver chest gives gems too. Personally I'm not one of the supporters of the dark prince chest, especially the fact that the nemesis armor is now inside them instead of the enchanted chests (I'm hoping this will change with enough feedback though). However, as a non-paying player, I've managed to amass a total of 60 gems so far - 6 from offers, probably around 20 from chests (silver chests) and the rest from quest. I guess we can't expect Gree to abolish the dark prince chest, however I do believe we can expect them to change the contents of the chest to make it slightly more fair to non-paying players while still enticing players to spend money on gems.

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I think what the wise one meant about free gems didn't only apply for the free offers. Throughout the game, there's been countless opportunities for players to get gems like the end of most or even all questlines give at least 1 gems. Also, solver chest gives gems too. Personally I'm not one of the supporters of the dark prince chest, especially the fact that the nemesis armor is now inside them instead of the enchanted chests (I'm hoping this will change with enough feedback though). However, as a non-paying player, I've managed to amass a total of 60 gems so far - 6 from offers, probably around 20 from chests (silver chests) and the rest from quest. I guess we can't expect Gree to abolish the dark prince chest, however I do believe we can expect them to change the contents of the chest to make it slightly more fair to non-paying players while still enticing players to spend money on gems.

I am pretty far in the every questline on my level 66 account and I have only accumulated a total of 19 :/ ill just keep pushing on though

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
oh well, nothing can be done. I am done ranting for today. Last thing though, anyone know when the wigwurm event will end?

Heapy
04-10-2013, 04:12 PM
If you're level 66 you should be able to farm the materials for it. Try pulling a few runs on Misty Marsh

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
hmmm, I am not there yet. Completely forgot about that area though. Right now I am on Caballero Dessert Epic. Thanks dude

Crazy_Fac3
04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
is ti just me, or does this wigwurm event seem much long than all of the ones in the past?

The Wise One
04-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi,

Please keep this thread on topic to the OP. If you have something you want to ask etc. please create a new thread.

deathexe
04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I am pretty far in the every questline on my level 66 account and I have only accumulated a total of 19 :/ ill just keep pushing on though

All the best man, hope you can get your gems :)

Sabre
04-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Well I'm not sure if it is just me but I started playing about a month ago and am now level forty one. I've earned at least 60-70 gems through quests and video offers. To me it wasn't that hard to get gems. I play every two days. This tip might help but I do video offers roughly the same time I last did it and it will let me. Each time I do it I get three gems.

YunqinOnHisGrind
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM
I suggest that a armor almanac should be added to game. So players can have a better idea of what type of armor they would like to use in the game.

deathexe
04-10-2013, 11:53 PM
I suggest that a armor almanac should be added to game. So players can have a better idea of what type of armor they would like to use in the game.

Hey man you might want to post on the suggestions thread. This isn't the thread that the mod will look at for suggestions haha.

jeffrodriguez
04-11-2013, 07:30 AM
After spending another $40 in this game total of $200 already I can clearly suggest to not waste your money on this game the Drop rate is really super low darn it. I hate this spent money on nothing

DreamM0d3
04-11-2013, 07:56 AM
After spending another $40 in this game total of $200 already I can clearly suggest to not waste your money on this game the Drop rate is really super low darn it. I hate this spent money on nothing

You've got to understand expectation and reality. I believe I have shared my point of view in multiple threads. Many a time, people open a Dark Prince's chest expecting to get the best armor in the game. Spending more doesn't ensure you get the best armor although it increases your chances slightly. Simply put, the chests aren't a one way ticket to victory. The problem I see with the new generation of gamers is their focus on instant gratification.

What happened to being patient and slowly playing the game everyday to farm for expansions and armor upgrades? Once all of those are done, one can eventually start saving gems to open chests. At least when the rewards aren't so good, the disappointment isn't as great because it shouldn't cripple your gameplay as you have already set a solid foundation. The same goes for fusion. Everyone expects to get a great armor when they fuse something. My opinion is that multiple fusion should not be attempted so early because failure would definitely put you back by 25k, which might not mean much to a veteran but will certainly mean a lot to a new player who is struggling to expand their base.

Last but not least, I definitely feel your pain since you have already spent a sizeable amount. My advice to you is to play the game and enjoy the flow. I don't recommend rushing through. Everyone started from scratch so I'll say take your time. There are many players here that are very much willing to lend a hand should you or any other players need any help. Cheers!

MaDFamouS
04-11-2013, 08:33 AM
You've got to understand expectation and reality. I believe I have shared my point of view in multiple threads. Many a time, people open a Dark Prince's chest expecting to get the best armor in the game. Spending more doesn't ensure you get the best armor although it increases your chances slightly. Simply put, the chests aren't a one way ticket to victory. The problem I see with the new generation of gamers is their focus on instant gratification.

What happened to being patient and slowly playing the game everyday to farm for expansions and armor upgrades? Once all of those are done, one can eventually start saving gems to open chests. At least when the rewards aren't so good, the disappointment isn't as great because it shouldn't cripple your gameplay as you have already set a solid foundation. The same goes for fusion. Everyone expects to get a great armor when they fuse something. My opinion is that multiple fusion should not be attempted so early because failure would definitely put you back by 25k, which might not mean much to a veteran but will certainly mean a lot to a new player who is struggling to expand their base.

Last but not least, I definitely feel your pain since you have already spent a sizeable amount. My advice to you is to play the game and enjoy the flow. I don't recommend rushing through. Everyone started from scratch so I'll say take your time. There are many players here that are very much willing to lend a hand should you or any other players need any help. Cheers!

As I agree with this as far as "the chests arent a one way ticket to victory", the reality is the chests suck way worse then they used to. Plain and simple. A couple of months ago you were almost guaranteed to get at least 1 end-game armor in $200 worth of gems. Although not a + version the chances of a Armor of Infernal Lord, Rocfeather Robes, Swamp Shaman, or Dark Princes Armor, were much higher than they are now in the same amount of tries. So in turn, the expectation of the chests to become even better odds since they're now 10 gems more, seems pretty valid to me. I understand Gree's history of business; by playing they're other games, but did not expect to get screwed in both gem price and chances also. Usually it would be 1 or the other.

DreamM0d3
04-11-2013, 08:58 AM
As I agree with this as far as "the chests arent a one way ticket to victory", the reality is the chests suck way worse then they used to. Plain and simple. A couple of months ago you were almost guaranteed to get at least 1 end-game armor in $200 worth of gems. Although not a + version the chances of a Armor of Infernal Lord, Rocfeather Robes, Swamp Shaman, or Dark Princes Armor, were much higher than they are now in the same amount of tries. So in turn, the expectation of the chests to become even better odds since they're now 10 gems more, seems pretty valid to me. I understand Gree's history of business; by playing they're other games, but did not expect to get screwed in both gem price and chances also. Usually it would be 1 or the other.

Yeah I understand the sentiments of those who started playing before version 1.1 because I was from that era too. I too firmly believe that buffs need to be made to Dark Prince's and Nemesis should return to enchanted chest though. It's always a struggle to find the perfect balance between a company's visions and the players' satisfaction. Until then, Im gonna save up my gems to wait and see.

MaDFamouS
04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Oh yea, Nemesis back to enchanted chests for sure. Thats the worst move ever. I just spent 80 gems trying to get memesis and to no avail. Back in the day ;), i usually got the nemisis on the first enchanted box.

Harvey Guo
04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I found that open the chest one by one would be a great choice, not open 10 or 11 by one times.
Some people may believe that if they increase the quantity, the chance of winning the great armor would also be increased, but actually the so called 10 or 11 chest package may have a decent reason give people many crappy armors.
Such as 10 crappy snakeskin level + 1 two or three stars armor, sometimes may give a wicked wrath if they are happy. I've seen many people like jerrford spend lots of money but gained crappy things...
But the most lucky people who gained the sky guardian + version by opening the chest one by one, and only used four times.
I've used the silver keys to make an experiment, I've opened 11 normal chest, all of them are basic armor, totally garbage, there are no even golds or fusion stones. But I have two keys left, I opened them one by one, and gain the 3 fusion stones and material of snakeskin, better than before, which may see that open the chest one by one would be a good choice.
Yeah I understand the sentiments of those who started playing before version 1.1 because I was from that era too. I too firmly believe that buffs need to be made to Dark Prince's and Nemesis should return to enchanted chest though. It's always a struggle to find the perfect balance between a company's visions and the players' satisfaction. Until then, Im gonna save up my gems to wait and see.

MaDFamouS
04-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Lol I just got the nemesis. So yea, perfect example took 100 gems to get the stupid nemisis whereas it used to take about 10 to 30. Big difference. Back to OP, Gree please stop forcing us to buy gems at this price at least, to get anywhere far in the Boss events. At least consider Dark Prince 10 gems, Enchanted 5 gems, and normal 1 gem. I and many more I think could live with that.

Sabre
04-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Yeah I agree with u mad famous. That way it's a lot easier to get stuff and Gree could be earning more money because everyone is happy to pay for gems, whereas right now some people are hesitant to spend money for the gems.

Catastr0phy
04-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Gems, Gold, fuse, summoning bosses, event rewards, chests and leveling up your armor are just really lacking any balance with eachother at the moment. in my opninion Gree(dy) just needs to find any way to get the balance right. decreasing the amount of gems used for chests and bosses, while making fusing more stable and giving out more prizes on the arena and boss damage leaderboards would be a possible solution.

RadLonghammer
04-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Guys,

I think it's important to remember why companies such as Gree spend the time, money and other resources to develop and support games like K&D in the first place. That's right, profit! If Gree couldn't make money at the venture, there would be no K&D for any of us to play, and we'd all be left mastering "Snake" on our old Nokia candy bar phones.

For Gree to be profitable, it's necessary that enough players feel as though their gaming experience would be enhanced through the purchase of gems. If you feel that way, buy them. If you don't, well... don't.

Everything in life, and K&D is no exception, requires the investment of some combination of time and money and, often in inverse proportion. The more money you can spend, the less time you will typically need to invest. The less money you're willing to invest, the more time the endeavor is likely to take.

I think Gree has done a fine job of offering enhanced value to the players willing to spend their hard-earned dollars, while still providing a fun diversion for those who have only time to invest. Still, here we have 7 pages of a thread dedicated to whining about not being able to have everything handed to us for free. It seems a little childish considering how much CAN be done in this game without investing a dime.

I've played K&D for a scant 5 weeks, and have achieved level 74 without spending a cent, and I continue to advance. I frankly don't see a problem.

I guess the same people that scream at their governments demanding free housing, free education, free health care and free everything else are perfectly content to scream at game designers for wanting to profit from their development and support efforts. Until those people themselves go to work without expecting a paycheck at the end of the week, it's hard to take them TOO seriously.

I'll let that conclude my rant. I have armor to craft.

Harvey Guo
04-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Well, most of these players' points are not hate the Gree company force them buy the gems, but the way of use and purchase what the Gree set is not user friendly, this needs to be improved.
It is clearly shows that Gree has made bias to guide or force people to buy gems, that can be a profitable way for earning money, but for the player, it is not the appropriate way for them.
Remember, complaint and suggestion is the key to enhance the core competitive of products, these will help K&D go further, if Gree handle this issue well, they can make more profit and earn more customers than before, otherwise, customer will quit and choose other alternatives.
There are always many suggestion or complaint you may not see it fairly enough or reasonable, but these do reflect the current issue which need to be fixed or improved, customer and Gree both would like to see the K&D getting better and better, so let's just work together, no need to blame players, indeed, they do love this game, that's why they spend times on making suggestions.

Guys,

I think it's important to remember why companies such as Gree spend the time, money and other resources to develop and support games like K&D in the first place. That's right, profit! If Gree couldn't make money at the venture, there would be no K&D for any of us to play, and we'd all be left mastering "Snake" on our old Nokia candy bar phones.

For Gree to be profitable, it's necessary that enough players feel as though their gaming experience would be enhanced through the purchase of gems. If you feel that way, buy them. If you don't, well... don't.

Everything in life, and K&D is no exception, requires the investment of some combination of time and money and, often in inverse proportion. The more money you can spend, the less time you will typically need to invest. The less money you're willing to invest, the more time the endeavor is likely to take.

I think Gree has done a fine job of offering enhanced value to the players willing to spend their hard-earned dollars, while still providing a fun diversion for those who have only time to invest. Still, here we have 7 pages of a thread dedicated to whining about not being able to have everything handed to us for free. It seems a little childish considering how much CAN be done in this game without investing a dime.

I've played K&D for a scant 5 weeks, and have achieved level 74 without spending a cent, and I continue to advance. I frankly don't see a problem.

I guess the same people that scream at their governments demanding free housing, free education, free health care and free everything else are perfectly content to scream at game designers for wanting to profit from their development and support efforts. Until those people themselves go to work without expecting a paycheck at the end of the week, it's hard to take them TOO seriously.

I'll let that conclude my rant. I have armor to craft.

RadLonghammer
04-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Well, most of these players' points are not hate the Gree company force them buy the gems, but the way of use and purchase what the Gree set is not user friendly, this needs to be improved.

Well then, what do you suggest?

Harvey Guo
04-14-2013, 07:04 AM
There are many issues which relate to the gems need to be improved.
Players require an confirmation of spending gems, like got beaten by strong players or enemies, some people may quickly press okay, but false to press spending gems, which immediately lose their rare gems from hard working, that would make people really annoying.
You will see many bias guide or teach people how to spend gems to boots their development, when people have this spending habit, they will buy more gems without considerations, for the company, that's good, but for the players, that's not user friendly. This need to be eliminated and add more tips for new players, in case them spend the first golds or gems on the wrong place and get sad and quit the game. The loyalty of the game is much important than earn quick money, otherwise, the competitors will make a user friendly game which similar to the K&D, then K&D will lose many existing and potential customers, that result is quite obvious.
Being proactive and making strategic change, take care of customers, listen customers' suggestion, learn from their complaint, these all factors will make this game gain a longer life cycle than others.

deathexe
04-14-2013, 07:11 AM

What most players want, or hope for, is not so much for the eradication of the gems, altogether, but instead a little more fairness when it comes to in app purchases. Right now, the dark prince's chest cost 20 gems, and the rewards from the chest are less than satisfactory from what I've seen so far. That's okay though, what most of us want, is just for the nemesis armor to be put back into the enchanted chest, just like it was before the update that brough about the dark prince's chest. I mean as it is the dark prince's chest has enough good stuff to offer as it is, like the sky guardian armor+ - the best armor in game. On the other hand, the other two chests have almost nothing to offer, except for the occasional gem. The event bosses in the game are giving better and better armors, and right now, they're starting to surpass the current best armors. Non paying players would have close to no hope of getting these better armors, unless they start maxing all the best 70 armors and having high leveled friends. The players who don't have money, or very little, just don't want to be left behind, while the players who can afford to pay, start getting the better armors.

RadLonghammer
04-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I hear what you're saying man, but I still don't agree. I'll take it point by point:

What most players want, or hope for, is not so much for the eradication of the gems, altogether, but instead a little more fairness when it comes to in app purchases.

I guess the definition of "fairness" is relative. When you open a chest of any kind, you know that you're taking a gamble, and that there's only a small chance that you'll get exactly what you're hoping for. If you get something else, well... that's why they're called "chance chests." Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Right now, the dark prince's chest cost 20 gems, and the rewards from the chest are less than satisfactory from what I've seen so far.

Again, "satisfactory" is relative. If the only thing that will satisfy you is the Epic Boss Nemesis Armor, then anything else, no matter how great, will seem unsatisfactory.

That's okay though, what most of us want, is just for the nemesis armor to be put back into the enchanted chest, just like it was before the update that brough about the dark prince's chest. I mean as it is the dark prince's chest has enough good stuff to offer as it is, like the sky guardian armor+ - the best armor in game.

I understand. You want things to be just like they were before the update. I remember it. It used to be that a new epic boss would show up on Wednesday, and virtually every player in the game had scored it by Friday or Saturday. It made fighting the Epic Boss an easy proposition that required no thought or strategy at all. Actually, it was kind of boring.

On the other hand, the other two chests have almost nothing to offer, except for the occasional gem.

This isn't exactly true. Yes, we all get bummed when we pop a silver chest and only pull 250 gold or another basic fire armor, but the elements for crafting are nice, and the 3x fusion stones, which show up with reasonable frequency really rock. Furthermore, the silver keys seem to be dropping far more commonly when beating stage bosses. I've been sitting pretty in fusion stones since the update, and get to enjoy crafting, fusing, and enhancing new armors more than I ever was before the update.

The event bosses in the game are giving better and better armors, and right now, they're starting to surpass the current best armors

I agree. This seems to be the case.

Non paying players would have close to no hope of getting these better armors, unless they start maxing all the best 70 armors and having high leveled friends.

This is so far from true that it kind of makes me wonder what game you've been playing. If you're level 30 or higher, and can't beat the Epic Boss the 15 times it takes to craft the armor he gives without having the nemesis armor, then something is terribly wrong with your strategic approach to the game. If you're concentrating on expanding your gold producing assets, and crafting/fusing/enhancing the right armors, you shouldn't be having this problem.

The fact is, at levels 1-15, the epic boss just isn't all that Epic, and there are plenty of armors other than Nemesis that will do quite nicely against him. You CERTAINLY don't need maxed out LVL 70 armors to do it.

The current Epic Boss, Captain Hateheart, is a fire/spirit dual-element creature. Can you thing of a solid mid-level armor that would be strong against both fire and spirit? I can. Water is strong against fire, and fire is strong against spirit so any water/fire dual element armor will hit this boss REALLY hard.

That means Steam Wizzard's robes, Ragebone Ramient, and Hydra Hunter's Mail are all very good armors against Captain Hateheart. Hydra Hunter's takes the cake. The plus version is by far the strongest of the 3 at max level, and it is the most accessible to the mid-level, non gem spending player. Hydra Hunter can be crafted with only 8 Hydra Scales (Hydra drops them, and so do gold chests) and 18,000 gold. HH can also result from a fire/water fusion, and I've picked up a set from a gold chest in the last couple of days. When the plus version is maxed out to level 50, its stats are 777/795 plus your knight's stats.

There are LOTS of great single star, dual element, lvl 50 armors in the game. Hydra Hunter is one example. Atlantean Avenger+ (746/777 water/air) is another. Crius+ (696/794 earth/air) is great. So is Living Flame+ (777/737 fire/spirit). None of these are super rare lvl 70 armors, and all are easily available to the mid-level free player.

It's crafting and enhancing armors such as the ones above that will allow a player to easily beat the Epic bosses, and gain access to the armors they drop. Plus, those same mid-level armors are enough to beat the Dark Prince with the help of a few friends. Forget about the Nemesis Armor, and focus on those.

The players who don't have money, or very little, just don't want to be left behind, while the players who can afford to pay, start getting the better armors.

I think I've just proven that won't be the case.

Look man, any time a rule is changed in a sport, or a new law affects the way business is done, or a new scientific discovery changes the nature of a field of study, we call it a "game changer." That's all the update was, a little game changer.

Any time a game changes, it's the players with the wisdom and skill to adapt to the changes that excel. It's the ones that insist on whining about how it used to be in the good 'ol days that get left behind.

DreamM0d3
04-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Looks like somebody wants to play Devil's Advocate huh? I tend to be a little less direct but thats just me. That said, pretty substantial points, most of which I have covered before in previous posts. Like I said before, it comes down to understanding the situation from the perspective of both the gamer and the developer.

BilboSwaggins
04-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Looks like somebody wants to play Devil's Advocate huh? I tend to be a little less direct but thats just me. That said, pretty substantial points, most of which I have covered before in previous posts. Like I said before, it comes down to understanding the situation from the perspective of both the gamer and the developer.

At least someone did it, rather than dancing around the 7 pages of whining.
The bottom line is that Gree is by no means forcing anyone to buy Gems. This is the game; deal with it. Stop whining.

Bayu
04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Is it just me(Netherlands) or do I not get any video offers? It always says none are available.

DreamM0d3
04-15-2013, 12:07 PM
The bottom line is that Gree is by no means forcing anyone to buy Gems. This is the game; deal with it. Stop whining.

Indeed that does save me a lot of unnecessary explaining. I totally agree that there is no coercion as far as spending money is concerned. One just gotta learn how to adapt to the new changes and prioritize properly how their gems should be spent be it on upgrading their bases or otherwise. Nevertheless, to be fair to the others who have voiced out some form of dissatisfaction, I wouldn't be quick to dismiss all their points as whining because some of them do make pretty reasonable arguments. At least we have a forum to discuss such changes and the likes and hopefully some of the suggestions help to improve the game ever so slightly.

YawNeD
04-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Is it just me(Netherlands) or do I not get any video offers? It always says none are available.

Same here in Norway

Flare
04-15-2013, 12:28 PM
If there are buyers, there will be sellers. If there continue to be people willing to spend thousands of gems and hundreds of dollars in the crapshoot that is the chest opening, so be it i guess, they wont reduce the prices nor change it. Hear many complaints about nemesis is dark prince chest, but then i think to myself, look at my friends list, so many people are sporting full nemesis maybe a day or two after the boss starts, so clearly people are willing to spend the money.

Of course i would like if the nemesis remained in the enchanted chest, or that dark prince chest costs much less to open but i know it will never happen because 1) GreeD, 2) people willingly fork out the money.

The trouble also is that many people arent very good at strategising/optimising their play at all. So when a change like this happens, people who adapt are still progressing as fast or even faster than before, and players that don't just feel left behind and see the huge paywall that they feel is required of them to proceed. For these players, it does get painful as the game progresses, things get much more expensive, waiting times are longer, and each level is much harder than the last. You cant just mess around and do whatever you like and expect to progress as quickly as you did at lvl 5.

The rewards/hour played ratio drops really hard for this game, because thats what developers do. They give you quick rewards/shiny stuff/easy levels in the first few days of play to get you hooked, then serve you with a wall that quickly frustrates you and compels you to pay to continue.

But if you figure out the right way to do things, as i said before, you can progress smoothly and easily without spending a single cent.

I suspect if everyone just figured out what gambling and probabilities actually mean, its laughably obvious that spending money on chests is a really, really stupid thing to do. Unless you actually enjoy the feeling of gambling against really stacked odds, in that case i would like to meet you and offer you a deal...

RadLonghammer
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM

Instead of clicking "video offers," just click "offers." The topmost selection will be 3 video offers available per day. So, at minimum, you can score 3 gems each day from video offers. Add this to an average of 1 per day from quests and such, and that's one free Dark Prince's chest every 5 days minimum.

Catastr0phy
04-15-2013, 03:41 PM

You've got some really good points in your earlier post. some things are being said from your point of view, other people may have a different opinion. Whats fair in theyre eyes, differs from whats fair in your eyes. To call another point of view whining, is just like you said before, relative.

deathexe
04-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Haha i know where you're coming from, and you do make a point I guess, just a few things I want to clear up

This is so far from true that it kind of makes me wonder what game you've been playing. If you're level 30 or higher, and can't beat the Epic Boss the 15 times it takes to craft the armor he gives without having the nemesis armor, then something is terribly wrong with your strategic approach to the game. If you're concentrating on expanding your gold producing assets, and crafting/fusing/enhancing the right armors, you shouldn't be having this problem.

The fact is, at levels 1-15, the epic boss just isn't all that Epic, and there are plenty of armors other than Nemesis that will do quite nicely against him. You CERTAINLY don't need maxed out LVL 70 armors to do it.

What I meant was the +armor, not the basic normal version, as the plus versions have the superb stats. Though I guess those who want the armor for collection's sake would still find the armor easily available.
Anyways I do find that it's indeed more of a challenge to try and finish the boss, where I myself is currently at the level 43 event boss.
Overall it does boil down to perspective, but I'll have to say this is definitely one of the better games out there

Cheers :)

Bayu
04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Instead of clicking "video offers," just click "offers." The topmost selection will be 3 video offers available per day. So, at minimum, you can score 3 gems each day from video offers. Add this to an average of 1 per day from quests and such, and that's one free Dark Prince's chest every 5 days minimum.

I click both and there is nothing.

RadLonghammer
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Haha i know where you're coming from, and you do make a point I guess, just a few things I want to clear up

What I meant was the +armor, not the basic normal version, as the plus versions have the superb stats. Though I guess those who want the armor for collection's sake would still find the armor easily available.
Anyways I do find that it's indeed more of a challenge to try and finish the boss, where I myself is currently at the level 43 event boss.
Overall it does boil down to perspective, but I'll have to say this is definitely one of the better games out there

Cheers :)

Obviously, it's a bit of a different scenario when you're going for the +armor. Still, at level 43 of the boss, you're there, aren't you? You have enough components to craft two sets. All you need to do is craft the first set, level it enough to unlock the + version, and THEN craft the second (+) set. Right? Or am I missing something?

And you are correct, it does boil down to perspective. I'll give a little more of mine, and maybe we'll agree on a few things.

You're absolutely right that beating the boss (at higher levels) is a bit more challenging than it was pre-update. But you also acknowledged that the rewards for doing so (much stronger boss drop armor) are more effective/valuable than they were before. From my perspective, the developers have effectively maintained equilibrium in that regard.

After all, you don't want some low-level relative newbie to have access to the same armors you do after investing much more time in the game, do you? Think about it. Admiral's Battleworn Regalia+ maxes out at 1209/846. That's max combined stats that actually edge out Dark Prince's +. That is an armor that SHOULD be tough to get. By making the Nemesis armor tougher to get, and making it tougher to level, it's not free players that are being shut out of the boss drop armor, it's lower level players who haven't put in the time and effort to deserve such an armor yet.

Actually, when you think about it, the change leads to a more sensible, linear progression for players throughout the level progression. I, for example, started playing the game about 1/2 way through the "Battlesuit" boss. Of course, the Nemesis armor fell right in my lap. Same with the next boss. With these nemesis armors being so easy to get, and so easy to level up to max, they instantly out-powered all of my other armors.

Consequently, when those nemesis armors stopped being effective against stage bosses, my rate of progression slowed dramatically. It was then that I figured out I needed to be crafting and leveling the standard armors that I should have been concentrating on all along. I had to go BACK and do what the easy nemesis armors had allowed me not to do.

I think this affected a great number of players, perhaps causing a significant number of them to give up on the game. I'm sure you've noticed all of the 3-knight teams in the PVP arena that STILL sport Battlesuit and Ten-ton Nemesis, right? It would seem that making the nemesis armor more rare would eliminate this point of stagnation from the game, and increase longevity of player interest. That's obviously good for Gree and their bottom line profit, but it's also good for those of us who enjoy the game, as it will ensure that Gree continues to develop and support it.

Does that make any sense?

Azraelthevengeful
04-19-2013, 10:17 AM
I agree with RadLongHammer to a point, but I do think there is a push towards getting people to buy gems.Nothing wrong with that, they are a company. I also understand why it is more frustrating now

I'm a level 57 player. I work during the day, so i only have a few hours between work and GF time. Before, i would use that time to farm while something else was happening around me, then. Because of the amount of time i spent farming, i would get enchanted chest keys and get the odd nemesis armor. Now with the Dark Prince Chests, i have no chance. I've saved crystals, but given the results i've seen from other people, its not worth it. Unless you've bought crystals or have tons of them from raising levels to spare (or doing quests) you can forget about ever getting a nemesis armor again. Plus most people are paranoid about only adding people with nemesis armor (again, not judging) so you can't even use that. I always make sure to add everyone i can, some of my stronger friends helped me earlier on, and i hope i'm helping a lot ofthe lower guys who have added me

I've got to the point where i am strong enough to get to 15 wins and craft the normal version of the boss armor, but can only rack up a few wins after that. That's okay. I've about 5 level 70 armors now (I'm crafting the normal version of this boss one now, got to 15 wins already).

I'm even thinking of posting something in the Add Me section, a post for guys who dont ever seem to have the nemesis armor (at high levels) who can band together, a cadre of crystaless knights, if you will

DreamM0d3
04-19-2013, 10:28 AM
I agree with RadLongHammer to a point, but I do think there is a push towards getting people to buy gems.Nothing wrong with that, they are a company. I also understand why it is more frustrating now

I'm a level 57 player. I work during the day, so i only have a few hours between work and GF time. Before, i would use that time to farm while something else was happening around me, then. Because of the amount of time i spent farming, i would get enchanted chest keys and get the odd nemesis armor. Now with the Dark Prince Chests, i have no chance. I've saved crystals, but given the results i've seen from other people, its not worth it. Unless you've bought crystals or have tons of them from raising levels to spare (or doing quests) you can forget about ever getting a nemesis armor again. Plus most people are paranoid about only adding people with nemesis armor (again, not judging) so you can't even use that. I always make sure to add everyone i can, some of my stronger friends helped me earlier on, and i hope i'm helping a lot ofthe lower guys who have added me

I've got to the point where i am strong enough to get to 15 wins and craft the normal version of the boss armor, but can only rack up a few wins after that. That's okay. I've about 5 level 70 armors now (I'm crafting the normal version of this boss one now, got to 15 wins already).

I'm even thinking of posting something in the Add Me section, a post for guys who dont ever seem to have the nemesis armor (at high levels) who can band together, a cadre of crystaless knights, if you will

Hey Azrael, I understand your predicament. I was like that too because I had to juggle school and life in general. I also did not have the luxury of having Nemesis Armors when I was struggling to level up. The game is naturally skewed towards higher level players. That said, spending money on a game can be a barrier for some players. However, we have many people in this forums who are willing to help each other out. While there is always this urge to want to excel in the game, always remember that the purpose is to have fun and that it should never become a stressful experience.

Azraelthevengeful
04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Hey Azrael, I understand your predicament. I was like that too because I had to juggle school and life in general. I also did not have the luxury of having Nemesis Armors when I was struggling to level up. The game is naturally skewed towards higher level players. That said, spending money on a game can be a barrier for some players. However, we have many people in this forums who are willing to help each other out. While there is always this urge to want to excel in the game, always remember that the purpose is to have fun and that it should never become a stressful experience.

Well said. I'm sure we all have enough stress in our lives without a game adding to it. I do have fun with it, I like working towards maxing armors but haven't been advancing the quests much. I have come across a lot of players through this forum who have beena great help, both with advice and strategies and friend requests. Plus that armor excel sheet is unreal:cool:

DreamM0d3
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Well said. I'm sure we all have enough stress in our lives without a game adding to it. I do have fun with it, I like working towards maxing armors but haven't been advancing the quests much. I have come across a lot of players through this forum who have beena great help, both with advice and strategies and friend requests. Plus that armor excel sheet is unreal:cool:

Just remember that the game is not a race. One can easily feel envious by all the seemingly amazing feats achieved by other players. However, with enough patience, no matter how long it takes, one will eventually get there. Everyone has to go through the tough process of grinding levels. Others only get there faster because they invest more time and money into the game. That's all.

YawNeD
04-19-2013, 11:14 AM

I got room for an active friend in my list, im 61 with maxed nemesis if you need the assistance.
XBB-RNC-XDW

Azraelthevengeful
04-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I got room for an active friend in my list, im 61 with maxed nemesis if you need the assistance.
XBB-RNC-XDW

Cheers man, just sent you a friend request now

Sunsfan1caw
04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Azrael, you can add me too if you want (code below). I'm level 102 with nemesis. Always like helping out forum members :). If you add me please let me know your in-game name so I know who to accept.

iisaiahc
04-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Azrael, you can add me too if you want (code below). I'm level 102 with nemesis. Always like helping out forum members :). If you add me please let me know your in-game name so I know who to accept.

Hey i sent you a buddy request! My IGN is ISAIAH.

Azraelthevengeful
04-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Hi sunsfan1caw, thanks for the kind offer. I'm sending you the request now. In game name is Azrael

DreamM0d3
04-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi sunsfan1caw, thanks for the kind offer. I'm sending you the request now. In game name is Azrael

If you need help too let me know :) My code is in my siggy.

Azraelthevengeful
04-20-2013, 09:37 AM
If you need help too let me know :) My code is in my siggy.

Thanks DreamMod3, I've sent the friend request now. In Game name is Azrael

Sunsfan1caw
04-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Hey i sent you a buddy request! My IGN is ISAIAH.

Accepted both your requests. Good luck!

Jrodigy
04-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Gree doesn't force us to buy gems, even though having gems are sweet, we don't absolutely need them. Being a regular player gets you on average maybe 30 gems a week, the problem is saving them. Just like Money, when we have it, we are tempted to spend it. My only complaint is that the dark prince chest has been made soley to make nemesis even harder to get. Armour from the dark prince chest (Nemesis aside) are fuseable, that i know of. Don't rush the game either, i've made it to 104 just by picking it up in the mornings when i wake up, and after getting home from school. Of course a few times through out the day too but, it is a time based game- how can you rush this lol. Patience is a virtue in life, but most of all, IN KNIGHTS (Chosen ones who maxed a lvl 70 armour(s) knows this >_<)

Thegoodman
04-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Any of you complaining about how you "have" to buy gems need to grow up. Gree didn't pay software engineers to develop this game for the fun of it. They did it to make money. Current Apps have a business model that benefits all of us (producer and consumer) in that we can play the game for free to try it out or spend some money if we really enjoy it. Don't pretend that this game exists for any reason other than to make money. I have really enjoyed the game and I bought a $10 gem package once, but I doubt I will invest any additional money into it.

Charme
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM

Maybe you are right, but what is wrong here is making things more costly with upgrades. Upgrades should be upgrades not TRAPS. If you want to charge 20 gems for a chest it should at least give the user something more. I am like the others that liked the previous chests better.

I was spending real money then (around 50 per month), I have stop completely now. This game is nice, but it is nothing comparing to World of Warcraft or similar games where you only have to spend around 20$ per month.

Once we get to level 100 we don't have a lot of motivation. We have tones of money and nothing to do with it.

p.s. Sorry for my English, it is not my first language.

Slevinn
04-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Maybe you are right, but what is wrong here is making things more costly with upgrades. Upgrades should be upgrades not TRAPS. If you want to charge 20 gems for a chest it should at least give the user something more. I am like the others that liked the previous chests better.

I was spending real money then (around 50 per month), I have stop completely now. This game is nice, but it is nothing comparing to World of Warcraft or similar games where you only have to spend around 20$ per month.

Once we get to level 100 we don't have a lot of motivation. We have tones of money and nothing to do with it.

p.s. Sorry for my English, it is not my first language.

Did you just compare a free iPhone game to World of Warcraft? There is a huge diffrence between those games. Also a big diffrence is that in order to play World of Warcraft you have to pay monthly subscription, where Knights & Dragons is a free game. You don't have to spend money in order to enjoy the game or reach a high level. If you choose to spend money on gems, you can get a boost towards better items and more money income. But like I said, it's not a must.

The Wise One
04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Think we've seen most views on this issue both very great pros and cons. Positive criticism at it's best. I'll be sharing this with the developer, but in the mean time, I'm closing this thread.