PDA

View Full Version : Critical Chain LTQ: Best GREE Event Ever??

soulnmysole
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Although I've chose not to participate in the event (camping), from the outside looking in, it looks like an amazing event.

After viewing Devin's thread, and the potential stats you gain from completing the event, coupled with the new LE building upgrade LTQ, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this is probably the best event GREE has put together to date.

What are your opinions?

Paisthecoolest
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
So far a resounding YES. it isn't costing units or big money. The rewards are indestructible. It is not slanted towards the great players. If anything, it is slanted towards the mediocre.
My only complaint is that I have to buy more useless units. I wanted to get rid of light gunners, not buy more

wittywon
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't know about "best" but maybe the most cost-effective for a low amount of gold-to-stat-increase ratio.

Hooligany
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
It's mission impossible to complete the whole mission. Unless u use gold..

ZackZ
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Seems nice of a event. But Gree should have made a event for all players. Or give some info ahead that people needed to be lvl 40. That way low lvl could have decided to lvl up for it or leave it be. So even if your not camping you got a big F U from greed.

Romaro
04-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Seems nice of a event. But Gree should have made a event for all players. Or give some info ahead that people needed to be lvl 40. That way low lvl could have decided to lvl up for it or leave it be. So even if your not camping you got a big F U from greed.

Agree I don't mind use my free Id to be gold with those unit prize

soulnmysole
04-10-2013, 09:47 AM
I don't know about "best" but maybe the most cost-effective for a low amount of gold-to-stat-increase ratio.
I agree that there are more factors to consider than just how much an event increases your stats... but at the end of the day, isn't that what most people look to achieve with these events?

Bobar
04-10-2013, 09:55 AM

Donīt agree. If they decided to go into camping mode itīs their decission and their mistake now (at least regarding this event)

ZackZ
04-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Donīt agree. If they decided to go into camping mode itīs their decission and their mistake now (at least regarding this event)

I am merely pointing out the fact that some communication from Gree's side would be nice. Unless u dont care and just accept everything Gree does. This would be beneficial to all people. Even non campers, like some people who didnt build all lvl of building and cant do some mission cause they dont have the units.

Highlander
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Note that not everybody under level 40 is a camper. I'm relatively new to the game and have been working my way up levels (now at 37) and A/D strength. Now, I'll be losing ground to those just ahead of me.

Hooligany
04-10-2013, 10:37 AM
I am merely pointing out the fact that some communication from Gree's side would be nice. Unless u dont care and just accept everything Gree does. This would be beneficial to all people. Even non campers, like some people who didnt build all lvl of building and cant do some mission cause they dont have the units.

If they listened they will be Free n not Gree.. Haha
I personally feel the majority of the events are designed for hold users as they r the ones bringing in profit for Gree and of course Gree will make it more rewarding for the gold users to continue spending gold.

Some Random Clown
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
I like the event but Gree sHould have made it playable by all with lockouts where you were based on your level. The restriction of giving it to just the higher level players is really unfair.

senex morosus
04-10-2013, 12:20 PM
best GREE event ever. Almost hard to believe. The prize for finishing prestige mode is very generous of them.

Killer_Elite
04-10-2013, 01:22 PM
From iPad point of view, it may well be. From the android point of view, I.e. my phone, it is the worst because it still isn't available at all.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-10-2013, 01:39 PM
It's mission impossible to complete the whole mission. Unless u use gold..
Ahem, what were you expecting?

Apocalo
04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
you need to use 59k energy to finish regular mode. without gold that is 14 days of recharge time. not possible to finish without spending a lot on gold. Don't like it. at least other events you could complete if you had awesome stats. this on is impossible without gold

Philly982
04-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I think the event is nice. It is not really suited for my style of play as I cannot receive the full benefit of the +1000 energy refill but that is fine with me, but there are many ways to play the game, not just mine. PVE has been in the game for a while and I think it is good that PVE players got an event that can be rewarding for them.

On a side note, is anyone having issues with reward items not showing up in there inventory? I still do not have my Dark Destroyer from Enemy Outpost II or the Emergency Trooper for level I of the Curragh Engineer Corps LE event.

Omega
04-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Great Event Great Rewards..

General Soviet
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
It's a pretty fun event. Some of the prizes are LE units I didn't get to buy, now I can get em for free.

MADCAT
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Is the Critical Chain LTQ the best GREE event ever?

Yes, I bought gold and cash for this event and upgrade the cash buidling
By far the best event for me :)

SGT Brody
04-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Being above Level 40 is not being a high level player. Get it together people this game is called Modern War not Modern Camping. If you chose to camp below level 40 I feel no sympathy for you. If you just started and aren't their yet well thats just the way it goes, the game has been out for over a year and there are many events for you to catch up. Actually t's much easier for players starting now to increase their strength then those of us who started a year ago.

Bobar
04-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Note that not everybody under level 40 is a camper. I'm relatively new to the game and have been working my way up levels (now at 37) and A/D strength. Now, I'll be losing ground to those just ahead of me.
i did not forget about that. itīs easier for you to do the boss events (i know as i have two accounts, one in camping mode and a lvl 126 account)

What?
04-11-2013, 01:37 AM
It is a great event. My only complaint is you can get stopped in your tracks unable to advance if you don't have the unit buildings. My barracks has been lvl 6 for a year now and have never needed to upgrade it. I guess now I have to, but alas the building won't be upgraded till the event is over.

jon_funzio
04-11-2013, 03:13 AM
The problem with people posting the results of the quest on the forum is that everyone then knows the prizes, meaning that everyone goes mad and completes it - so it really makes little change to net stats.

It's the people who decide not to spend gold to complete it who really suffer - they effectively lose 15k or more in stats (the gain that everyone else will make), in exchange for not levelling - their choice of course.

I still prefer beat the boss events, they are the most fun for me.

That said, this was much better than the last LTQ, although perhaps a little too easy; I think a happy medium between the difficulty of the last one (i.e. it required more effort to complete - making the prizes "earned") and this one would be ideal.

* Edit- I'd actually like it if normal mode was an event like this one, with prizes like this, then "heroic"/"prestige"/"advanced" mode was much harder but gave units wiith boosts - the prizes should match the effort as well as the amount spent.

-TANGO-
04-11-2013, 03:56 AM
I would say it is the best event they have done, no question. My only suggestion would be to change the XP gained as per your level or the level bracket you fall into, that would encourage the hardcore campers to get involved and those afraid to level up. For instance my account went up 3 levels but my lower account went up 10 almost 11. The stats gained need to correlate to the levels you are required to jump.

groovdog
04-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Seems nice of a event. But Gree should have made a event for all players. Or give some info ahead that people needed to be lvl 40. That way low lvl could have decided to lvl up for it or leave it be. So even if your not camping you got a big F U from greed.Agreed but Gree got me to agree to add 15 levels and insti upgrade buildings (unit) that I wouldnt have EVER touched. The tradeoff was worth it for me. I would have preferred a little less outright gold requirement but thanks to Devin's mad dash through the rewards were enough to make me spend what was needed (ie ALOT).

OwainCymro
04-11-2013, 04:58 AM
I like the event but Gree sHould have made it playable by all with lockouts where you were based on your level. The restriction of giving it to just the higher level players is really unfair.
I find this rather stupid because if it was available to players under level 40 they could barely get anywhere because they wouldn't have even unlocked most missions. Also, there is a chance you wouldn't have buildings good enough to produce a lot of the units required for the missions.

Alo
04-11-2013, 06:22 AM
good for energy people, compared last event for stamina people, it (stamina one) sucked bad. Hopefully next stamina event will be as good as this one too.

Max Power
04-11-2013, 07:53 AM

For me, that equals "best".

soulnmysole
04-11-2013, 08:07 AM
I agree with some of the negative criticisms about this event, there are a lot of prerequisites (being level 40+, having the unit building upgraded, having enough energy skill points etc)... but I think all events have their negative aspects. With this event, I think the good far outweigh the bad.

Now that we all know the prerequisites, we can prepare ourselves for the next energy based LTQ.

hotshauny123
04-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Although I've chose not to participate in the event (camping), from the outside looking in, it looks like an amazing event.

After viewing Devin's thread, and the potential stats you gain from completing the event, coupled with the new LE building upgrade LTQ, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this is probably the best event GREE has put together to date.

What are your opinions?

when does the the limited edition building end.

soulnmysole
04-13-2013, 12:36 PM
when does the the limited edition building end.
I believe on April 29th

BSG123
04-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Has there ever been an event that allowed you to gain so much strength in stats?

I can't think of one.

Idiokus
04-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Best event ever!!! Really enjoyed...hope more events like this in near future!! Well done Gree!!

Dudebot121256
04-13-2013, 05:12 PM
I love it except for the goal list limit. I'm locked out of LTQ until I somehow get some goals off my list. I think it needs to be raised.

I am a cow
04-14-2013, 03:11 AM
I got lots of stat gains now I am quite a bit stronger than before 10 defence and attack combined gain

Procyon
04-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I got lots of stat gains now I am quite a bit stronger than before 10 defence and attack combined gain

Me too, cow. Great units and not too taxing on my time or real money. Only thing is, we're gaining great units but so are all of our rivals.

manbeast
04-14-2013, 09:37 AM
I voted no. I like boss events way better. Much more strategy involved. Gotta have good stats and good timing. Health regen boosts also play a huge role. If you're good enough you can beat them as a free player (under level 151), and that comes with a feeling of accomplishment.

The ltq was ok but not as much fun as a boss event. And there's no strategy to it really besides spending gold on refills. Even with energy regen boost units and being Iran with energy boost you have no shot at even completing the first half without gold. Sure it's great for stat gain but it's boring.

Edit- I also like collect 10 events better than the ltq. Any event where you have a chance at winning without gold is going to be better (more fun) than an event that's just "pay to win". I would like the ltq better if the first half took 20,000 energy instead of 59,000 energy. This way you have a shot at "beating" the first half of the event without gold.

jomama
04-14-2013, 10:01 AM
I like using the map idea, but maybe tweak it a little and make it a true treasure hunt. This would level the playing field completely. Don't give exact missions but give hints to targets and let the users try to figure it out. Do a string of around 5 hints leading up to a good unit and make it last only one hour. and then do another one so many hours later to give people equal opportunities throughout the event. What do you guys think?

groovdog
04-14-2013, 10:45 AM
I like using the map idea, but maybe tweak it a little and make it a true treasure hunt. This would level the playing field completely. Don't give exact missions but give hints to targets and let the users try to figure it out. Do a string of around 5 hints leading up to a good unit and make it last only one hour. and then do another one so many hours later to give people equal opportunities throughout the event. What do you guys think?You cant put timers like that in as everyone is on different times and I bet they didnt code to have individual timers for events. Would prob blow whole game up somehow...

asdfg12345
04-14-2013, 12:33 PM
just increase stat inflation. Give way too many super strong indestructible for too little amount of gold.

fluffy01
04-14-2013, 01:47 PM
it a fun event but I don't like leveling up so fast. same with the battles.

Coctopus444
04-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Guys, I am new to this game and I was just wondering if you need to put points into energy because I know in KA you get success in the LTQ's by putting all stat points into monster damage. So what's the deal here?

13Stalker
04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
The stat boost is amazing for what it is, but in reality it is no differnt then any event. Everyone that at least attempts the event is getting the same units and thus the same stat increase. So while your numbers did see a significant jump, relative to your lvl and strength, so did everyone else. Unless you are spending gold and completed the event the actual gain in stats looks impressive but really is totally negated by the fact that everyone else with your reletive lvl and strength got the same stat boost. If you spent the 1200-2000 gold needed to complete it then as usual you came out way ahead of everyone else. All of the events work this way. We play them for fun and because unless we keep up with the Jones's we fall behind.

groovdog
04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Note that not everybody under level 40 is a camper. I'm relatively new to the game and have been working my way up levels (now at 37) and A/D strength. Now, I'll be losing ground to those just ahead of me.Bad bit of luck but I gained a bunch on the people ahead of me because I finished what many didnt. It is a matter of perspective. Also newer player.

Alo
04-15-2013, 08:00 AM
I voted no. I like boss events way better. Much more strategy involved. Gotta have good stats and good timing. Health regen boosts also play a huge role. If you're good enough you can beat them as a free player (under level 151), and that comes with a feeling of accomplishment.

The ltq was ok but not as much fun as a boss event. And there's no strategy to it really besides spending gold on refills. Even with energy regen boost units and being Iran with energy boost you have no shot at even completing the first half without gold. Sure it's great for stat gain but it's boring.

Edit- I also like collect 10 events better than the ltq. Any event where you have a chance at winning without gold is going to be better (more fun) than an event that's just "pay to win". I would like the ltq better if the first half took 20,000 energy instead of 59,000 energy. This way you have a shot at "beating" the first half of the event without gold.

yeah, boss event takes some time to complete, although gold ppl can do that too very fast. Last energy LTQ was very easy for gold people and prizes where very good. Last stamina LTQ on the other hand took A LOT of effort from everyone, but prizes sucked compared to what U had to do. Other events gold ppl could do in "5 minutes" while stamina LTQ took days. So next stamina LTQ I hope will be the same level (although less 24hr buildings please), and prizes better than was this easy stamina event.

P.S Also it should be calculated, that free players would be able to atleast pass it one time, and hero is for gold people.