PDA

View Full Version : If you could reset your skill points...

CDR Shepard
04-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Where would you put them now? :p

Dudebot121256
04-09-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd take all my attack points and stick them in energy. Then, I'd take a quarter of my stamina points away and put those into energy as well.

My current points:

http://i48.tinypic.com/fz0wpi.png

Dry
04-09-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't think it worth to put all on energy ., cos it take 24 hrs or so to fill up

Dudebot121256
04-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't think it worth to put all on energy ., cos it take 24 hrs or so to fill upTrue but if you load them up until say 2000 energy, you have 2000 energy available on the day of the event if you didn't use it for the past day. Quite the head start.

Dry
04-09-2013, 08:19 PM
This is what I have ,, 2080
And it take about 20 hrs to fill in

Deano
04-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I have 4230 energy, I don't regret a thing. ;)

bloving
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
I have 65 attack, 65 defense, 2400 energy and 52 stamina. I would move most of the stamina to energy if I could.

Dry
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
I have 4230 energy, I don't regret a thing. ;)

If you play every day , there is no need for more then 2000 , just sayin

Jhenry02
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
2100 energy fills up in 11 and 2/3 hours (without USA flag) long enough for me to hibernate.

I actually had a chance to reset my skill points do to a major gree foul up.

I went 2100 energy, 20 stamina and rest into attack and defense equally.

I currently am upgrading to 24 stamina since the new max is 12 hits.

But Yadda Yadda Yadda.

-Jason

Thenoob
04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't even think the defense and attack do anything I haven't seen any signs that they work so I say out it energy and stamina I wasted 50 on attack and 55 on defense that I will never get back. Boooooo

Warrenisit1
04-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh, they work. When you win or lose to someone you shouldn't have lose to you'll know it. Especially when your attack is slightly higher than their defense after a battle and you still lost the battle.

I don't even think the defense and attack do anything I haven't seen any signs that they work so I say out it energy and stamina I wasted 50 on attack and 55 on defense that I will never get back. Boooooo

Thenoob
04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Ok that being said how much does one def or att point give you 1, 10 , 100 or 1000 or a %. Or does know one even know

Jd-fors
04-09-2013, 08:58 PM
50 stamina as a minimum as that is the refill amount.

CDR Shepard
04-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Ok that being said how much does one def or att point give you 1, 10 , 100 or 1000 or a %. Or does know one even know

Yeah I wish there was some standard rule for these rather then "somewhere in the calculated attack..."

Sillybeans
04-10-2013, 12:28 AM
If I could reset my skill point's i'd ask gree where do I pay? :P

Deano
04-10-2013, 01:03 AM
If you play every day , there is no need for more then 2000 , just sayin

I disagree, So far I have managed to get all the Limited Edition Money Buildings and it is purely because I save my energy and take out 6+ map bosses to get mega cash payouts.

mickymacirl
04-10-2013, 01:10 AM
I had issues with my account before and Gree reset my skill points, I put them ALL into attack, best thing I never did!

KFH
04-10-2013, 02:24 AM
Stacked mine in def and i don't understand how i win sometimes, guessing it's the def points. Definitely think they help out a bunch. As for energy it doesn't matter how much you have after a certain amount.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-10-2013, 04:34 AM
I would take energy to 1,000 and stamina to 50 as a gold player (since those are the recharge amounts). Having more of either will tempt you to level up.

Adacus71
04-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Is there a max for the A/D skill points? I'm at 91A, 91 D, 2280 energy and 23 stamina. Wondering if it maxes at 100.

Ferr
04-10-2013, 05:39 AM
For those who are interested three golden rules on skill points

1: do not put any skill point in attack. You can choose your enemy so why waste points on higher attack value.
2. Put some in energy and stamina but dont overdo it. Say 1500 or 2000 energy and 30 attacks in stamina. This will lead you comfortably through all missions and pvp.
3. Put all remaining skillpoints in defense. You can not select your attacker so the higher your (hidden) defense, the better.

Yours,

Ducati
04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Totally agree, I have only 1 skill point in attack. Totall waste to put them there.
Saw that Mickeymac, placed most of his points in attack lol

mickymacirl
04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Totally agree, I have only 1 skill point in attack. Totall waste to put them there.
Saw that Mickeymac, placed most of his points in attack lol

The code says different, so in this case I'll do a HA HA, you do realize skill points are capped now right? I'll do another HA HA in that case as well, HA HA!

Ducati
04-10-2013, 06:09 AM
To tell you the truth I didn't know skill points are capped now. Hope this is true, seen to many skill point hackers.

Alo
04-10-2013, 06:53 AM
The code says different, so in this case I'll do a HA HA, you do realize skill points are capped now right? I'll do another HA HA in that case as well, HA HA!

whats the cap limit?

Sudsy
04-10-2013, 06:54 AM
I think I read here once that your attack points are used to calculate boss damage - is that true? If not, I've wasted a lot of skill points on attack.

mickymacirl
04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
whats the cap limit?

Who knows.... :P

mickymacirl
04-10-2013, 06:56 AM
I think I read here once that your attack points are used to calculate boss damage - is that true? If not, I've wasted a lot of skill points on attack.

Yep, Sudsy, helps a lot!

Ducati
04-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Is there any proof that attack skill points do more boss damage? I am a medium gold player, and have no problem beating the boss more the 50 times. And do not have to use gold to do that.

Ferr
04-10-2013, 07:56 AM
My golden rules do not interfere with current and, as far as i know, future capping if you apply 2000 energy and 30 stamina and rest in defense. That attack points influence your output in attack (pvp or bosses) is a no brainer and hence correct. But dont get distracted, the golden rules apply.

manbeast
04-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Is there any proof that attack skill points do more boss damage? I am a medium gold player, and have no problem beating the boss more the 50 times. And do not have to use gold to do that.

Yes I tested it myself a while back and adding 1 skill point to attack increased my boss damage by 10 points. So they do help but not very much

Ducati
04-10-2013, 08:06 AM
I agree on the skill points in attack and energy, but why only 30 stamina? I would say 50 is best, because that's what you get for a gold refill.

Ducati
04-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Yes I tested it myself a while back and adding 1 skill point to attack increased my boss damage by 10 points. So they do help but not very much

Okay thanks, still no reason for me to put any points in attack. Probably for free players it is good to put some points in attack just for the boss events.

Ferr
04-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I agree on the skill points in attack and energy, but why only 30 stamina? I would say 50 is best, because that's what you get for a gold refill.
Golden rule nr 2 gives you flexibility. 50 stamina is fine.

Thief
04-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Okay thanks, still no reason for me to put any points in attack. Probably for free players it is good to put some points in attack just for the boss events.

Ducati i can confirm and have tested that Skill Points do add to the Boss Damage.
I'm pretty sure it's a % based on the different amounts ive encountered as my Attack Value as a whole has gone up.

A couple of months ago it aded 8 points of damage for every point. We would need multiple people to test it in order to get a true idea of the effectivness. Needless to say its very small for me.

Edit: i see Manbeast also put up a small number so the impacts might be small all around.

NakedCherryPie
04-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Golden rule nr 2 gives you flexibility. 50 stamina is fine.Nice recovery, I like golden rule #2.

Ferr
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Nice recovery, I like golden rule #2.
No trolling remark, thats a first.

S&H Max
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
If I could do it back :

1500 energy : its what I refill during a good night of sleep and more than a gold refill
55 Stamina : more than a gold refill the other 5 is if you got trouble finding the rigth target soon enouph
rest in defense : as most of you said you choice who you attack but not who attacks you!

Now at :

95 att
85 def
1650 energy
47 stamina (working on getting that to 55)

DFI
04-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Agree, put the majority in defense. You can always control who you attack.

Omega
04-10-2013, 02:47 PM
hard to say with the new glitch... but i would love to have more stamina

Web323
04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
I just they would fix my account, had 175 skill points that I could not use. Then each time I level, it deducts from the 175 and does not increase the amount. 2 months and waiting

bahighroller
04-10-2013, 03:28 PM
This is what I have ,, 2080
And it take about 20 hrs to fill in

um this should only take 11 and 1/2 hours to fill in

Speed ump
04-10-2013, 07:53 PM
You know, I have an idea. It's a great and wonderful idea. It's an idea that I don't think anyone can complain about. We have the ability to change our flags at wil, or at least for a few gold. We were supposed to have the ability to change our names, supposedly we all thought in the newest update, though this never happened. How about the ability to assign our skill points at will. Who could complain about that? Then, you have never made a mistake in how you assigned them.

Speed ump
04-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Sure would be nice if we had gimmies, mulligans, in real life.lol.

Fl@sh
04-11-2013, 04:00 AM
No trolling remark, thats a first.The inability to take a compliment is usually caused by low self-esteem. That could be caused by settling for second place all the time. I know of a solution. Will your "pride" get in the way?

Ferr
04-11-2013, 10:55 AM
The inability to take a compliment is usually caused by low self-esteem. That could be caused by settling for second place all the time. I know of a solution. Will your "pride" get in the way?
Odd. I could provide you a list of continuous trolling remarks if you like but on the other hand there are many with the same name so perhaps the author changes everytime.
My low self esteem....... Is it that obvious? Second place is worth nothing, so that must be the cause indeed. My pride..... Now i am getting into trouble. Someone with low self esteem and pride at the same time should prepare himself to get institutionalised as those two charateristics do not go well together. Anyways, ty for being so forthcoming, i will work on myself with renewed energy.
Yours

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Ferr finally comes out to share his opinion and help some newbies, and everyone can't wait to give him a knocking. What gives guys? You know who the real enemy is.

Domino_brown
04-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Ducati i can confirm and have tested that Skill Points do add to the Boss Damage.
I'm pretty sure it's a % based on the different amounts ive encountered as my Attack Value as a whole has gone up.

A couple of months ago it aded 8 points of damage for every point. We would need multiple people to test it in order to get a true idea of the effectivness. Needless to say its very small for me.

Edit: i see Manbeast also put up a small number so the impacts might be small all around.

From what I've found it is % based. That % seems to be tied to level, so the higher your level the more they are worth

Max Power
04-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Agree, put the majority in defense. You can always control who you attack.

Yeah, but they might come in handy for revenge, when someone keeps picking on you and you want to strike that specific person back.

I would take some of my attack and defense and throw it towards stamina. I only have 14 stamina because I am not much of a PvP guy.

Fl@sh
04-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Odd. I could provide you a list of continuous trolling remarks if you like but on the other hand there are many with the same name so perhaps the author changes everytime.
My low self esteem....... Is it that obvious? Second place is worth nothing, so that must be the cause indeed. My pride..... Now i am getting into trouble. Someone with low self esteem and pride at the same time should prepare himself to get institutionalised as those two charateristics do not go well together. Anyways, ty for being so forthcoming, i will work on myself with renewed energy.
YoursDude, do you not get what quotations around the word "pride" mean? lol lol lol lol

Fl@sh
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Ferr finally comes out to share his opinion and help some newbies, and everyone can't wait to give him a knocking. What gives guys? You know who the real enemy is.A knocking? It looked like he was being complimented.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Can we all just get along, please?

The enemy has one name, and determines how weak you are.

Skill points, pshaww, you say.

Ferr
04-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Dude, do you not get what quotations around the word "pride" mean? lol lol lol lol

..... and i am suffering from low intelligence...... well, at least i can blame my parents for that

Speed ump
04-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Ferr, why other with defense? No matter how strong you are, theres always someone who can get through, and someone a good bit weaker than you are since there are more attack bonuses than defense. More skill on attack gives you the ability to hit up a bit more than you normally could for that revenge hit.

King little fruit fly
04-12-2013, 12:43 AM
I'd take all my attack points and stick them in energy. Then, I'd take a quarter of my stamina points away and put those into energy as well.

My current points:

http://i48.tinypic.com/fz0wpi.png

Dude, love your signature of that dancing dudelittlebot, mind I borrow it? ;)

Ferr
04-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Ferr, why other with defense? No matter how strong you are, theres always someone who can get through, and someone a good bit weaker than you are since there are more attack bonuses than defense. More skill on attack gives you the ability to hit up a bit more than you normally could for that revenge hit.
That could be a question of taste perhaps. However, players tend to attack someone who is weaker, preferably substantially weaker in order to minimalize unit losses. There are always weaker players around so more attack wont make that difference in gameplay. Being a hard one to kill may get you further. Altogether, it does not mind as both attack and defense skill points hardly have any effect.

Some further suggestions:

Some say there are caps in defense and attack skillpoints. Such is not true. There are no caps.

Do not build defense buildings, they are useless and do not substantially add to your stats and they are perfect targets for golden armies trying to kill your destructible units

Do not build low money buildings as they do not substantially contribute to your income and they are perfect targets for golden armies.... Etc.

Yours,

Dutchie
04-12-2013, 06:37 AM
That could be a question of taste perhaps. However, players tend to attack someone who is weaker, preferably substantially weaker in order to minimalize unit losses. There are always weaker players around so more attack wont make that difference in gameplay. Being a hard one to kill may get you further. Altogether, it does not mind as both attack and defense skill points hardly have any effect.

Some say there are caps in defense and attack skillpoints. Such is not true. There are no caps.

Do not build defense buildings, they are useless and do not substantially add to your stats and they are perfect targets for golden armies trying to kill your destructible units

Do not build low money buildings as they do not substantially contribute to your income and they are perfect targets for golden armies.... Etc.

Yours,

Slow day at the office?

Nice to see you back on here!

Groetjes,
Dutchie

mickymacirl
04-12-2013, 06:42 AM

Yours,

Sorry to burst your bubble ferr, but you are incorrect like I said earlier, the code of the game proves my point, I won't go into it here, attack skill points add far more than defense skill points in every case.

And yes, skill points are capped, over shoot of the first WD event with all those skill point hackers.

CasualPlayer
04-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Until the code is public knowledge it's anyone's guess. My view is 50 stamina, 2000 energy and the rest split on attack and defence. Done

Speed ump
04-12-2013, 06:56 AM
apparently my point was missed about attacks. You can find someone to attack of course. I am not interested in attacking just anybody. I want to be able to attack specific targets. If they are above me in strength, that little extra might be all I need to hit them back. I. and many others play the game differently. If we are attacked, we wish to attack back. Or if someone is harassing a teammate, we want to be able to attack that person back. This is all moot for my bigger games, but it is important for my smaller games, and most players.

Speed ump
04-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Also, pirates don't care how powerful someone is. If all we can do is bugsplat you, then that's what we will do. we attack.

CasualPlayer
04-12-2013, 07:00 AM
No point if the difference between you and the person you are attacking is a few 100k though. Unless the attack points really carry that much weight

Ferr
04-12-2013, 07:05 AM
apparently my point was missed about attacks. You can find someone to attack of course. I am not interested in attacking just anybody. I want to be able to attack specific targets. If they are above me in strength, that little extra might be all I need to hit them back. I. and many others play the game differently. If we are attacked, we wish to attack back. Or if someone is harassing a teammate, we want to be able to attack that person back. This is all moot for my bigger games, but it is important for my smaller games, and most players.
I did not really missed that. The reality is that regular and light to mid gold spending players just dont do that as at that level they would loose too many expensive destructable units. My advice is never directed to players with massive golden armies and likewise spending. To those, all my advice is irrelevant and moot as you correctly state

Ferr
04-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble ferr, but you are incorrect like I said earlier, the code of the game proves my point, I won't go into it here, attack skill points add far more than defense skill points in every case.

And yes, skill points are capped, over shoot of the first WD event with all those skill point hackers.

There is one point i am certain of micky and that is that there are no caps. Pls send in a ticket for your comfort.

Dutchie
04-12-2013, 07:36 AM
There is one point i am certain of micky and that is that there are no caps. Pls send in a ticket for your comfort.

I am more inclined to believe Micky for reasons I won't go into, but lets say he is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to this game.

mickymacirl
04-12-2013, 08:18 AM

I cannot go into it here, but yes, it's capped, send me an email, you have it, I can explain to you, thanks.