PDA

View Full Version : Improved Casualty Rates

GREE Official Updates
04-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback regarding the casualty rates. Our developers have been looking at this over several days and appreciate your patience.

To improve the experience for all players we have decided to lower the casualty rate for every unit in the game. This was released earlier today. We thank you for your continued support and know that we always review player feedback.

Vertex
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Awesome, thank you!

BigD@wg
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Excellent. Thank you.

Now if Gree can take care of the rivals list by changing it back and deal with the bonus gold blunder, then all will be well again.

Warrenisit1
04-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Great news!

SoccerStud
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
That's awesome. Thanks!

jamie..TTB..
04-09-2013, 06:13 PM
good news...

Valsuvious
04-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Woohoo!!!!

Fazhang
04-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks. Is the rival list gonna be fixed now? The ratio of people who actually like the new match up system to people who don't is like 9:1 favoring the people who dislike the new rival match up system

hombre
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
could it be that the casualty rate, referred to as "consume_percent" in the data files, now is off by a factor of 100? super hornet reads consume_percent=0.0015, a number which usually is interpreted as 0.15%. but maybe it actually was intended as an real percentage number, ie. to mean 0.0015%? that number would make alot more sense. that way, the chance to lose a hornet if attacking with 500 would be 0.75%, ie every 100 odd attacks? maybe that was the no-no glitch? also, if im right and some gree engineer reads this, id like one of those 30% health reduction pounders - thx!

please send it to 671896320 - thanks again! ;)

Ericinico
04-09-2013, 07:36 PM
please send it to 671896320 - thanks again! ;)Your not going to get one.

Alex Hunter
04-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks Gree.

Tanner
04-09-2013, 08:22 PM
This is equivalent to the US govt saying "there is an Area 51, we do have friends in the universe, some are living among us. And by the way, we know who shot JFK." All in the same day.

good job gree

Jd-fors
04-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I am glad the game is finally the same for everyone.unless of course your a hacker,then nothing has changed.nothing like seeing the rank of major at level 250 or players with a trillion dollars to remind me how even the game is.lol
Sorry,went off topic!?

Ranger4Life
04-09-2013, 09:44 PM
I am glad the game is finally the same for everyone.unless of course your a hacker,then nothing has changed.nothing like seeing the rank of major at level 250 or players with a trillion dollars to remind me how even the game is.lol
Sorry,went off topic!?

The YES-YES glitch has been fixed, but the NO-NO glitch is still there. It's nice after around 4 million valor, 500 TR's, 2,000 BL's, and endless amounts of lost cash units they finally fixed this! Bravo... Bravo... Only took over a year.

Stacey
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks CJ!

BADMARKX
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Does this mean cash units are worth it now? How bout Brigs and TRs?

JMC
04-09-2013, 10:28 PM
The YES-YES glitch has been fixed, but the NO-NO glitch is still there. It's nice after around 4 million valor, 500 TR's, 2,000 BL's, and endless amounts of lost cash units they finally fixed this! Bravo... Bravo... Only took over a year.

Nice that i can just attack anyone below me in stats without caring now. But yeah, those of us who've been receiving casualties this whole time do deserve some sort of compensation if the casualty rates are to stay this way. My stats would be doubled or more and i'd be in the commander ranking if i had no casualties all along.

Maggan
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
True!

Now I can attack ppl with stats around 100 k def, mine attack is 230k. I tried out ppl with stats around 170 and lost units worth 3000 of valor in ten fight. Still not worth going to war against ppl that I should attack. I'll keep attack ppl with lower level and stats, even though it makes it very boring for me and hard for them...

Nice that i can just attack anyone below me in stats without caring now. But yeah, those of us who've been receiving casualties this whole time do deserve some sort of compensation if the casualty rates are to stay this way. My stats would be doubled or more and i'd be in the commander ranking if i had no casualties all along.

DunkNL
04-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Thanks you for this change! Now please give me back a rival list where there are actually people whom I can beat. Right now 95% of the players in my list are way stronger than me (up to 10x) and 5% is only a very small bit below my stats. If it would go back to the way it was, I would actually be able to make some money by pvp'ing :)

Bobar
04-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Thanks you for this change! Now please give me back a rival list where there are actually people whom I can beat. Right now 95% of the players in my list are way stronger than me (up to 10x) and 5% is only a very small bit below my stats. If it would go back to the way it was, I would actually be able to make some money by pvp'ing :)

Itīs OK to have a little work to find those. Or do you expect gifts?

And most important: Thanks GREE!

DunkNL
04-10-2013, 05:13 AM
Itīs OK to have a little work to find those. Or do you expect gifts?
And most important: Thanks GREE!
Totally agree! It always took some time to find people to raid. But atm I can spend an hour browsing through bases and only find 5 which I could actually beat but then there is nothing to raid or steal...

Mjm78mjm
04-10-2013, 05:46 AM
Great news!

if you still have a spot available in your section can you give me your alliance code and we can chat?

HunterKiller
04-10-2013, 06:09 AM
I wonder how much the casualty rate was tweaked by, it is a huge difference for me.
I have gone from losing 3 big cash or valour units per attack on players half my stats for the last year, to being able to attack players almost the same stats as me and sometimes not lose anything, or maybe just a meat shield.
Gotta say this attacking business is rather enjoyable!

Thanks Gree for bringing out their best ever event AND fixing the casualty rates in one day.

Philly982
04-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks Gree for addressing this. Have not had a chance to test it out, hopefully it is the same for the (hopefully) former yes yes and no no players. I was in the yes yes camp but I could see both sides as many no no players were unaware and have built a strategy for a long time based upon what they assumed was the game. On a side note along those same lines, many players had developed a long term strategy based off of the old rivals list to have what took a year and several thousands of dollars thrown out with the new rival list.......any consideration on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Back on topic, yes yes players have seriously been disadvantaged for quite sometime, and in my case almost a year. It would be nice for a little compensation as JMC mentioned for the yes yes players to bring us up to par with the no no players since they had a distinct advantage for so much longer. And compensation for the yes yes would not mean compensation to all, as it would not really help us catch up for "time lost" if the no no players received the same. Nothing against them, we just want our "time" back that they were able to use for a good head start. That being said, many thanks for this.

y_mw
04-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi CJ, totally agree with Phil above. It would be nice of Gree to recognize that despite this handicap, we did not leave and purchased gold instead.

DFI
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM
What I am experiencing now is the loss of one unit per attack and not two, so yes, there is some improvement. But I am losing a sniper, then A10, then cruiser. Then the same pattern with regular frequency. Not sure why I keep losing cruisers so much. It will be interesting if the casualty numbers go up during the war, as typically I saw little loss in china.

Omega
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Nice Job! Please keep the improvements coming

General Soviet
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I've definetely been noticing less casualties. Now my meatshields can survive for a few more days.

TEG
04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Hard for me to say thanks since my casualties are worse now than they were during China.

I used to lose units like this a while back, but I somehow got to where casualties had become very rare. I had thought adding defense skill points and upgrading my infirmary was the explanation...

I guess people call this the "yes yes glitch", but I hadn't realized I was the one with a "problem" that had to be fixed. The "no-nos" are glad they are "maybe maybe" nows, but I am not as pleased to go from "yes yes" to "maybe maybe". At this point, perhaps I am my own worst enemy since I built up such a large fleet of Brigands that are now starting to dwindle away.

JMC
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, casualties are in the middle. Not next to nothing like those with the glitch had, and not 1-3 every battle like the others had. I'd say about 1 in 10 hits, depending on the strength of the other player i will get a casualty. Also if no one else noticed, raiding non-income buildings now follow the same casualty rating as everything else. Or at least it has so far in my experience.

Soccerfossil
04-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Gree admin thanks for making a effort but this is still not good enough. You changed the rules in the middle of the game which is wrong. You encourage players to pray on the weak which is not fair or sporting. You make all my hard won valor units the first to be picked off which is exasperating. These play balance adjustments that make the very basis of competition blatantly slanted to wringing money out of your loyal base makes me feel used for throwing away $50 to $100 per battle. All so you can attrite my valor units and force me to go gold or go away. If you changed the balance to attrite the meat shields too i might have believed you were make a strategy balance adjustment. mBut if appears you want to get rid of loyal players who used the competitive balance you had for many months. For what reason. I don't buy the yes yes no no explanation. I really have to do some soul searching to support this blatantly greedy change. You made some fantastic enjoyable improvement to the game with factions and the other interesting events between battles. Please fix this grievous and greedy error in judgement on unit attrition. I love my faction mates as almost everyone else obviously does but this is hard to accept. Please fix it and keep it fixed.

JMC
04-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Gree admin thanks for making a effort but this is still not good enough. You changed the rules in the middle of the game which is wrong. You encourage players to pray on the weak which is not fair or sporting. You make all my hard won valor units the first to be picked off which is exasperating. These play balance adjustments that make the very basis of competition blatantly slanted to wringing money out of your loyal base makes me feel used for throwing away $50 to $100 per battle. All so you can attrite my valor units and force me to go gold or go away. If you changed the balance to attrite the meat shields too i might have believed you were make a strategy balance adjustment. mBut if appears you want to get rid of loyal players who used the competitive balance you had for many months. For what reason. I don't buy the yes yes no no explanation. I really have to do some soul searching to support this blatantly greedy change. You made some fantastic enjoyable improvement to the game with factions and the other interesting events between battles. Please fix this grievous and greedy error in judgement on unit attrition. I love my faction mates as almost everyone else obviously does but this is hard to accept. Please fix it and keep it fixed.

Do you have a higher casualty rate or are you upset with what i would call an extremely low casualty rate compared to what i've experienced during the whole time i've played the game (probably longer than most of you). 1 casualty in 10+ fights is nothing in comparison. What is the point of gold units and casualty ratings (low/medium/high) if nothing was dying for you guys? The game was not balanced, this is a huge step up from what it was before. Honestly, it is still not balanced, because us with casualties had a year and a half of losses while the others received near zero. I can understand some of the complaints before when switching from zero to 1-3 every fight, but at the current rate, it's nothing to complain about.

Soccerfossil
04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
JMC that is a good point but I developed a strategy to avoid the high casualty rate I also experienced. Then all the rules of the game were changed and that is my gripe. If you had used the same strategy I used you would not have high casualties. It was a grind to advance my strength and build deep stacks of the strongest unit i could afford as i grew in strength compared to my peers. So am I missing something about the previous high casualties. I think it was a result of reckless tactics.

Xander75
04-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Personally I don't think this is still right. I have just woken up to find I am down 4k in stats, then while attacking & raiding players much lower than myself to reduce casualties I noticed I was still losing units however on checking the result screen for the other player I didn't see any of them lose a unit.

This is not me bit ching, this happened! I am only saying what I have just experienced.

JMC
04-11-2013, 12:22 AM
JMC that is a good point but I developed a strategy to avoid the high casualty rate I also experienced. Then all the rules of the game were changed and that is my gripe. If you had used the same strategy I used you would not have high casualties. It was a grind to advance my strength and build deep stacks of the strongest unit i could afford as i grew in strength compared to my peers. So am I missing something about the previous high casualties. I think it was a result of reckless tactics.

The previous high casualties was just a difference in the casualty rate between two groups of people. We've investigated this many times, especially when it first came out and there was absolutely nothing special whatsoever about any of the players' armies/bases/skill points that were experiencing extremely low casualties.

Muller
04-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Well I'm still losing my top end stuff whilst raiding and attacking and I can't get enough money from those raids or attacks to cover my losses so what should I do? Play a game and wait for ages for the money to come if from my buildings to buy land and build/upgrade? Would love to but it's gonna take ages!! The fun in this game is raiding and attacking which I can't really do now as bankruptcy and a total loss of an army will follow rather swiftly me thinks!!! For me the fun is not the same and is very disappointing as you start off on one road then the rules change and now its completely different.

Soccerfossil
04-11-2013, 05:37 AM
JMC Thanks for the empirical feedback. I expected flames. I can see you have been on this game quite a bit longer than me so I respect your opinion for that. I too heard from some others that they had high casualties and I tried to find the reason and still don't see a plausible explanation. I knew I build my army carefully picking some deep stacks of the highest valor and play money units I could afford as I progressed in level, avoided fights with players who were stronger or could go more often than my situation allowed. I could see my friends with high casualties had higher level and more krap units and assumed all that was the difference. That worked until China. So I and everyone I talk to in game have my same opinion of the unit lose increase since China. Even the ones who had more unit lose than me before. The people on the forums who are ok with the change appear to be established gold fingers and this will only make them stronger. So waiting for a resolution and seeing little plausible explanation rips me in half because I really want to support my guild mates and move forward but I feel cheated and ripped off. This is a great game until the rules keep changing.

Soccerfossil
04-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Thanks Gree looks like unit lose is close to pre China levels for me now. Thank you for reading... If you are reading. I will soon go to the store for iTunes cards so wife won't keep asking what is this on the credit card ;)

nic4msu
04-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Are you sure the casualty rate was LOWERED? Since the announcement, I have again started losing Brigand Lightning units AND am now also losing for the first time, Transport Raiders - which had a very low 0.90% casualty rate BEFORE Gree reduced the casualty rates of all units. I really have to question if there is something upside down in the casualty calculations, particularly when taking into account the odd results we all see in our bonus sections & anecdotal evidence not just that the infirmary doesn't work, but that it may actually increase casualties.

Philly982
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM

I can understand why you would be upset as it is no fun when the rules change mid-stride after lots of time, work, and real money have been spent adapting to the game as it was. As the wise JMC put it, this has been investigated for a really long time and it has nothing to do with one's superior strategy or anything like that. There were 2 different games being played. The reason that the normal players had lesser units than the ones with the casualty advantage glitch since they are easier to replace when you lose on order of a minimum of 1-3 units every attack/raid regardless of strength of opponent, skill points. There have been lots of well respected senior members that have spent a lot of time and research investigating these matters. Part of the reason why you are probably losing your better units is that you are taking so many of them into battle. The more you have of a particular unit that you take into battle the greater the likelihood of losing said unit even if if it has a very low consumption rate, which would make since as that is how odds and probabilities work. But on that note I do feel your gripe is warranted as the game you had been preparing for is now different. But also think how people who in some cases have played over a year have been losing much much worse. We were not able to accumulate all high end units due to the way you are now losing them, so you should be happy that you were able to buy and maintain high end units without massive casualties to establish an edge over your peers for so long- you basically admitted to having the casualty advantage and not a better strategy there. Those that had the normal game would not be able to retain those units through heavy attacking/raiding regardless of how smart you pick your fights. Those that had the casualty advantage still have a considerable head start as JMC mentioned and should be happy that it was much easier to accumulate stats than others for the time you had it. I think Gree did the right thing in making a compromise. They brought everyone down from the casualty advantage so everyone was on the same playing field then lowered the consumption rates for all the units resulting in a nice middle ground. Quite frankly they should probably extend a lil' something something for those that have been hindered all this time, but I do not expect them to send us all into the casualty advantage territory as it would then not be fair to gold spenders, especially heavy gold spenders since everyone else would have nearly indestructible armies.

Jessie74
04-11-2013, 08:38 AM
The casualty rates were fine just how they were. The high casualties made the game more challenging.

Thanks!

Ashishkheria
04-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I am trying find out why am I raiding anybody , the answer is for money , but if I am getting 50000 money for the raid and I am loosing a Comando or anything similar to that , then actually I am in a net loss by raiding , so the point of attacking and raiding in the game has lost interest for e at least . I don't know about others , I am camping for the moment and upgrading my infirmary to get less causality

scurvynaive
04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
JMC Thanks for the empirical feedback. I expected flames. I can see you have been on this game quite a bit longer than me so I respect your opinion for that. I too heard from some others that they had high casualties and I tried to find the reason and still don't see a plausible explanation. I knew I build my army carefully picking some deep stacks of the highest valor and play money units I could afford as I progressed in level, avoided fights with players who were stronger or could go more often than my situation allowed. I could see my friends with high casualties had higher level and more krap units and assumed all that was the difference. That worked until China. So I and everyone I talk to in game have my same opinion of the unit lose increase since China. Even the ones who had more unit lose than me before. The people on the forums who are ok with the change appear to be established gold fingers and this will only make them stronger. So waiting for a resolution and seeing little plausible explanation rips me in half because I really want to support my guild mates and move forward but I feel cheated and ripped off. This is a great game until the rules keep changing.

Not just the gold users are happy with the change.
I am a free player who most definitely had his casualty rate reduced. Not a huge amount probably cut in half which to you probably seems like a huge increase but to me is a significant decrease.
And your friends with crappy units above you had crappy units BECAUSE of the high death rate not vice versa. You are losing tons of high end units now because that is the only thing available to die but if you start replacing those high end units with cheaper, high casualty units eventually you will reach a new equilibrium and begin to grow again. Yes your stats willl be reduced overall. I guess you will just have to be happy with all of the amazing indestructible units you earned with your invincible army which I will never be compensated for.

Thief
04-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Do you have a higher casualty rate or are you upset with what i would call an extremely low casualty rate compared to what i've experienced during the whole time i've played the game (probably longer than most of you). 1 casualty in 10+ fights is nothing in comparison. What is the point of gold units and casualty ratings (low/medium/high) if nothing was dying for you guys? The game was not balanced, this is a huge step up from what it was before. Honestly, it is still not balanced, because us with casualties had a year and a half of losses while the others received near zero. I can understand some of the complaints before when switching from zero to 1-3 every fight, but at the current rate, it's nothing to complain about.

Couldn't agree more with this! While JMC has been playing for about a month longer than me i can honestly say in the past i would loose on average 2 Units (ranging from 1-4) every fight. The only thing i could hit were Supply Depots and Armories to try and reduce my casualties.

What i don't understand is why would someone go spend a few hundred to a thousand gold on a unit when they could simply get a loot item? Ohh thats right because the loot items dies. It's supposed to die.

To be hoenst from my perspective i would rather they just made Normal Casualties for all. I've been dealing with them for a year and a half almost so why not make it fair to all? I have friends that have the No Casualty Glitch too and i really like the people but their stats are much higher than me for that reason. In the end i will take the current Casualties but it burns me to hear people complaining about loosing a couple troops every 10 fights. That is 10x better than it has been for me.

Anyways Thanks gree! any idea how long we will have these reduced casualties?

Philly982
04-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Well said scurvynaive and Thief!! JMC is spot on as usual.

Jackhammer
04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Thank you for this change. The casualty rates have always been very frustrating. I stopped trying to raid because I would always lose more than I would gain. Also, last PVP event I lost about $50million in units and vowed never to do another one. This will make me want to take another try!

JMC
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
The way i've seen raiding is that it is usually not for making a large sum of money, unless you have an indestructible army and can luck out with targets. I raid for battle points, and before with the higher casualties i thought of raiding as a way to sell my cash units. I would only raid when i was short for an upgrade or a LE building. I lose more than i gain, but it's almost like selling a unit for half price. You get back less than you purchased it for. The difference is that you have the money all at once and can purchase that more expensive building that you want.

Burnt
04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Well said scurvynaive and Thief!! JMC is spot on as usual.

+1 and I'll throw in kudos to Philly too.

Xander75
04-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Improved?! I really can't say I see it...

I have just lost 5 Transport Raiders, 3 Experimental Soldiers & several other units in only 10 attacks. Amounting to a loss of 1.5k and thereabouts. At this rate the game will become unplayable as the stats I've carefully built up from playing since this hit the app store are disappearing quicker than I can replenish them.

Before anyone responds, I understand units can be lost... But the 10 attacks against someone lower than my stats by half, I lose units and they don't sucks! This game has lost all it's enjoyment as Gree suck it dry for our real cash! They expect us to sit by and watch our game go bad and hope we are suckered into buying gold units!!!

Oh well, that's one customer you've lost Gree... Kill my stats, kill my game and ban me if you must. I can honestly say I can no longer be bothered playing this game any longer.

Enjoy it folks before the rules are changed on you once, twice or three times more... All in favour of Gree of course!

Lumper
04-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I've sent 3 messages to support and still no reply

I've lost my valor bonus I got from the last campaign ,it was a 20% bonus

Why? Where'd it go?

lastmast2
04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Composite factory still not working on android >.<

Thief
04-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I've sent 3 messages to support and still no reply

I've lost my valor bonus I got from the last campaign ,it was a 20% bonus

Why? Where'd it go?

The 20% bonus from China was miscalcuating as a 1000% bonus. That has now been fixed and the 20% bonus is working poperly.

Please remember 20% more of 1 is still 1. Now if your supposed to get 5 Valor from raiding a high end cash building then you will get 6 valor.

At1davis
04-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Glad to see that Gree finally listened to us. I was always someone with high casualties on one of my accounts and low on the other. I will have to test and see if they are even now. Now if they can fix the bonuses that would be great. Mine are all displayed incorrect and DO have an effect on my game. For the guy complaining about level 250 guys that are majors not everyone fights. A lot of people just do map missions and level up that way. The hackers are the guys who are privates with 80k in fights won and level 200+. I was never a huge PVP person because of cas rates in the past but now its time to make some rank.

Tha_grease
04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Good job thanks gree

Jman
04-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm still losing 1-2 units every attack. Not sure it is actually fixed for everyone. :(

sadhana
04-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Hai i am new to this forum.

Jhenry02
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I've lost one Transport Raider in the last 5 days.
Only lost unit in 5 days, granted now I am mostly gold. Still better than every 5 fights.

-Jason

I am a cow
04-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Just 1 problem it still does not fix the hacker problem but in fact it makes it worse now the high stat destructible units found in maps are dying a lot more slowly which means that there will be more drop rate and energy hackers

DunkNL
04-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Casualties have really improved for me :)

Spectre23
04-12-2013, 02:58 AM
Nice, but not experiencing it yet here. All of my indestructible units are "very low" casualty plus I have a -20% casualty reduction on top of it. Still losing those units every 3-5 attacks instead of the 1 every 20 I was losing for the year prior. Please keep fixing it until it's fixed...lol

Back to camping...

Zonfry
04-12-2013, 03:35 AM
This is equivalent to the US govt saying "there is an Area 51, we do have friends in the universe, some are living among us. And by the way, we know who shot JFK." All in the same day.

good job gree

It was "documented" on Red Dwarf that JFK shot himself from the grassy knoll with a bit of time travel... this seems to be the most conclusive theory I have seen... and the funniest.

mickymacirl
04-12-2013, 04:21 AM
it was "documented" on red dwarf that jfk shot himself from the grassy knoll with a bit of time travel... This seems to be the most conclusive theory i have seen... And the funniest.

smeggggggg head!

BSG123
04-12-2013, 04:55 AM
It was "documented" on Red Dwarf that JFK shot himself from the grassy knoll with a bit of time travel... this seems to be the most conclusive theory I have seen... and the funniest.

Wow...all I can say is, you've got me tongue tied.

Alo
04-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Nice, but not experiencing it yet here. All of my indestructible units are "very low" casualty plus I have a -20% casualty reduction on top of it. Still losing those units every 3-5 attacks instead of the 1 every 20 I was losing for the year prior. Please keep fixing it until it's fixed...lol

Back to camping...

one in every 3-5 is VERY good!!! Would be much worse if it would be 3 units for every fight like it was before :D My casuality rates have improved a lot!!!

Nce007
04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I understand players have different experiences with the casualty rate so I just wanted to have a little say, I have fought hard to get my collection of Elite Water Crusiers at 800 valor each but now that Gree have changed the way it all works, I have to search to find rivals with lower stats than myself where before I fought players around my stats as I don't like to bully lower stat players but I have to be now if I don't want to lose my valor units that often. If I fight a player around my stats I lose 3-4 elite water cruisers for 12 attacks like I said I don't mind losing units but at the rate I'm losing them I can't replace them. For instance I've just completed Force Degradation: Operation 460 & got 2200 valor but my next operation 461 I have to win 134 fights to get the same valor around 2200, so lets say 3 elite water cruisers I lose that's 2400 valor to replace them, but look how many I'm going to lose to complete operation 461 & only get around 2200 valor. So I think Gree need to increase the amount of valor we get for doing the Force Degradation operations so we have a chance to replace our lost valor units or re look at the casualty rate again.

Kevin Harvey
04-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I still losing units like crazy. I admit that there has been a slight improve from crazy mad....... Before this casualty glitch I could earn 150,000 battle points a day with very seldom loosing any units. I have a level 7 hospital now & does not change anything. I am lucky if I get 5,000 BP now. We still need a fix desperately!!!!

Spectre23
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Agreed, it is still FAR from fixed to any level of reasonableness...

steve227h
04-13-2013, 02:05 AM
This all sounds good now just fix all the problems with the alliance attack and defense numbers that are wrong with the android systems.

Soccerfossil
04-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks gree for fixing this and the many other improvements like the display of prize units on boss events. Faction is looking forward to donation calculation and I would like fix on >1000 Allie check box screen. I appreciate the response to issues like this. I know it is not easy to please everyone when you must change complex code. I don't like that only my top valor units get picked off but do appreciate that top valor units are less likely when being attacked.
Overall I am satisfied that the response and appreciate the many other improvements. Gree you have earned more entertainment dollars from me.

Von Mein Kraphtten
04-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Myself and my faction are continuing to camp until casualty rates are improved. I'm still losing way too many units in PVP so it's not worth it. Where I was able to save $ for building upgrades before, now I'm spending ALL my $ just to replace units lost in PVP. And I'm not even able to restock my units because I'm losing too many. I don't understand why GREE is being such a stubborn, insolent, greedy child. This game used to be fun, but now it's not.

I've already found some other great games on the App Store. Pretty soon I may just uninstall Modern War and replace it with a better game. Nice job filling Funzio's shoes with s h ! t.

Spectre23
04-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Myself and my faction are continuing to camp until casualty rates are improved. I'm still losing way too many units in PVP so it's not worth it. Where I was able to save $ for building upgrades before, now I'm spending ALL my $ just to replace units lost in PVP. And I'm not even able to restock my units because I'm losing too many. I don't understand why GREE is being such a stubborn, insolent, greedy child. This game used to be fun, but now it's not.

I've already found some other great games on the App Store. Pretty soon I may just uninstall Modern War and replace it with a better game. Nice job filling Funzio's shoes with s h ! t.

Agreed completely! Gree has really overstepped it's push to get people to spend $$$...

Odji
04-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Our faction number is 785 372 992. We are currently looking for active players with at least 40k defense and attack stats. We finished in the top 250 in China and now working our way to get in the top 100.

riderrod
04-15-2013, 11:39 PM

Totally agree. I was used to having 1 or 2 casualties in 10 shots. I made my entire strategy around raiding and valour collecting. Then I started losing 3 expensive units per shot. Then it seemed like Gree turned off casualties completely for one week. Now I'm losing 6 units in 10 shots, but they are all expensive. Very rarely do I lose inexpensive units like commandos. But every once in a while I do, so I know they are in battle. 9 out of 10 raiding missions on a base end up with more losses than I gain. The only way I can increase strength is through event prizes or gold units. At this point there is no way I trust Gree enough to spend money on gold. They've totally screwed both groups of players, if they truly exist. If they could get their head on straight and put in casualty rates equal for all that still allow you to gain from raiding, then this game may get fun again. But all they are doing now is creating a bunch of new campers. Stupidity! This will not increase their profits. This will drive players from the game. Gree's antics are either incompetent or greedy or both. I do hope they fix this soon because otherwise you will see a lot more abandoned bases out there.

Muller
04-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Sent about four or five requests in to Gree about my casualties rate being too high and still waiting for a response things improved only to go off the rails again what is happening!!!!????

Golf4life
04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
what units are you losing?

Dumchochin
04-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the help.

Burnt
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
The only way I can increase strength is through event prizes or gold units. At this point there is no way I trust Gree enough to spend money on gold.

Build your IPH.

They've totally screwed both groups of players, if they truly exist.

Nope. Mine are fine. I lose high casualty units for the most part and it is about 90% less than I used to. However, the difference is that I haven't had the luxury to build my army on valor because of the losses I incurred before the fix. Approximately 14% of my units brought to battle are valor.

Citrra17
04-16-2013, 06:57 PM
I keep greeting attacked multiple times though out the day. I thought you could only attack or be attacked 15 times within a certain time frame. It not uncommon for me to be attacked by several rivals in a hour every hour during the day. This is ridiculous because before y'all came up with the faction update I would only get attacked once or twice a week and now I can't keep units. Every time I think I'm starting to gain attack and defense points because of bonus units or buying new units I get slaughtered and my stats stay about the same. I'm not try to block anyone. I'm talking about I know when I attack rivals the most I can attack them in 1 day is 15 times and then I get a notification that the player is to weak to attack. I'm asking how I am getting attack at least 30 times in a 24 hour period? Shouldn't the slaughter stop at 15 attacks like it stops me?

Lumbee
04-16-2013, 07:11 PM
I have been playing MW for a year and the Casualty rate is worst now than any time before. I will just go back to camping and forget about spending my money in this game. It is a free game

Essam
04-17-2013, 10:30 AM
how can i lose from others how less than me on attack and defense by 60% i lose more than 150 strong units in 3 days this is not fair please advice me or you need from us to stop playing
please any one can help me how the casualty rate calculated i need to stop losing my units:mad:

shudas
04-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Gree....with all due respect you have done nothing about this issue, EVERY time I attack someone who has over 10,000 defense I lose over a million dollars in equipment and I have 26,000 attack and I never get matched with anybody lower than 10k in defense...just today I collected 60K but lost a $560,000 piece of equipment to get it and then tried again got 30K and lost ANOTHER $560,000 piece. Why on earth would I ever buy ANY more gold bars when ANY attack puts me back over a million dollars.....it just does not work that way. Oh and I have sent MANY tickets on this WITH pictures and never heard boo from you. And of course I cannot load any pics here.

NUSGUY
04-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Ive been playing MW for well over a year. The recent changes Gree made to the casualty rate totally ruined the game. What is the point of attacking or raiding if we keep losing ground? I can only attack players with states way lower then mine to have any chance of success. Im glad the Summer is almost here cause i think I've had enough
of all the Gree BS.

steve227h
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM
I ha e an Android phone and every time I attack another player with all lower stats and level I loose the fight. Results say the other player has more allies then I have then. This has been an ongoing issue since you have changed battle opponents and levels. Could you please resolve this problem with the android systems. Thank you

FredrikK
04-18-2013, 01:41 AM
The way the casualty rate is set right now has made both my accts to drop in stats and whats worse turned me into a bully.

I've build both my accts on farming raiders, brigands and valor units but if I attack anyone even close to my own stats I lose units.

The only way for me to get stronger is to hit players at about 1/4 of my strength. Of course they get pissed because they can't hit back and feel disillusioned about playing this game.

Gree you need to do something about this otherwise you will not get any new players and more and more people will leave

Saltfish
04-18-2013, 05:04 AM
I've spent loads of my hard earned cash in this game only to be bumped please sort this out or you get no more of my money I have just attacked someone won 600k and lost 4mil pounds worth of units this is getting beyond a joke please fix this bug!!!!!

Muller
04-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Yet another log sent to Gree in regards to Casualties, this game is just no fun anymore but I keep coming back to it in the hope that things have reverted to what they once were!!! Sort it Gree...

Muller
04-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Gree....with all due respect you have done nothing about this issue, EVERY time I attack someone who has over 10,000 defense I lose over a million dollars in equipment and I have 26,000 attack and I never get matched with anybody lower than 10k in defense...just today I collected 60K but lost a $560,000 piece of equipment to get it and then tried again got 30K and lost ANOTHER $560,000 piece. Why on earth would I ever buy ANY more gold bars when ANY attack puts me back over a million dollars.....it just does not work that way. Oh and I have sent MANY tickets on this WITH pictures and never heard boo from you. And of course I cannot load any pics here.

Ditto!!! Same here...

Colonel Burns
04-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback regarding the casualty rates. Our developers have been looking at this over several days and appreciate your patience.

To improve the experience for all players we have decided to lower the casualty rate for every unit in the game. This was released earlier today. We thank you for your continued support and know that we always review player feedback.

It can take hours now to find anyone that I am able to attack, or anyone worthwhile attacking, also on the IOS the names are all messed up all having different names with numbers after them, when you click on the persons name it takes you to a different profile, and the majority of the time there is no one anywhere near the same att and def stats of me this is now ruining the game for me and many others :(

Colonel Burns
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
The way the casualty rate is set right now has made both my accts to drop in stats and whats worse turned me into a bully.

I've build both my accts on farming raiders, brigands and valor units but if I attack anyone even close to my own stats I lose units.

The only way for me to get stronger is to hit players at about 1/4 of my strength. Of course they get pissed because they can't hit back and feel disillusioned about playing this game.

Gree you need to do something about this otherwise you will not get any new players and more and more people will leave

couldn't agree more with you here. I really don't understand the people that waste their money on gold in this game as it is not worth.

Bombur
04-18-2013, 10:59 PM
I do not understand why people keep saying that they are losing so much money. You get valor troops in stead, that are way better. In total I have gathered about 200.000 valor points this month, which will be about 15k in new A/D stats. Because you get less casualties, it is defenitely worth fighting now. Just look for people with lower ranks and less allies, you will find a weaker opponent soon enough

Colonel Burns
04-20-2013, 06:13 AM
I do not understand why people keep saying that they are losing so much money. You get valor troops in stead, that are way better. In total I have gathered about 200.000 valor points this month, which will be about 15k in new A/D stats. Because you get less casualties, it is defenitely worth fighting now. Just look for people with lower ranks and less allies, you will find a weaker opponent soon enough

Not true really, it takes ages searching for someone weaker or with a similar att and def the people it pairs me with has at least 10k plus more att and def than I do!

Muller
04-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Apart from the fact Im losing loads of money and valor units every Attack what a joke!!! Can someone from Gree reply to my tickets saying something about what is going on other than that they are looking in to it and giving me the explanation of how the Casualties are worked out!!!

Von Mein Kraphtten
04-21-2013, 02:17 PM
The business strategy GREE is using with Modern War makes sense if they need to make as much money as possible before shutting down/abandoning their servers. The fact is that keeping the game up costs $$$ to rent out all the servers needed. With a fun game where people don't pay, that business strategy is bound to fail. So the best way to 'clean-house' is to make the game reprehensible to veteran players. When most of us abandon playing this game then it will only cater to those who spend lots of $ on gold. The noobs who join will soon quit because Modern War isn't fun anymore unless you're buying lots of gold. So server costs go way way way down because the number of players went way way way down all the while profits at GREE go WAY up. Then they give us the finger and sell the game to another company or abandon it all together. Remember when Modern War was owned by Funzio? Yeah. Just think about it people. GREE is just in this for the money and NOT for making a great mobile game that people enjoy... unless they prove themselves by making Modern War fun again.

Pyrates
04-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for finally fixing toes terrible casualty rates.

Bombur
04-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Not true really, it takes ages searching for someone weaker or with a similar att and def the people it pairs me with has at least 10k plus more att and def than I do!

Could it be that your stats do not match your level and that you should camp at this level for a while, just upgrading your buildings. I did just that two month ago. Did that for a week or three. Since then gotten from 15k at level 72 to 50k at level 110, which is average. Does give me enough weaker opponents to battle now. Going to camp again after Ireland is over, so I can get my profitability up to par

good gawd noooo
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Gree is back at it stats are off again.i attacked a person whos posted defense was 55k I am at 77k atk. When I lost his defenses showed 64k and my attack showed 62k for that attack. If you cant trust the posted stats you cant play with confidence. I am a paying player like many and this is just getting rediculous

Jman
04-26-2013, 06:14 PM
I have lost a unit every single attack during Ireland so far. I win most attacks by a large margin too. I thought this had been fixed already?

Jcab12002
04-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Can we have an event that basically if the whole base is demolished the base is removed the name is changed color. It's a pain to scroll through bases that is dead and no cash. Losing interest in looking.

sraghav42
04-27-2013, 02:39 AM
Casualties increased during the event

stephen2013
04-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I've seen a huge difference. I usually lost subs to people with defense 75%+ of my attack, but now I don't ever lose units.

McNasti
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Works pretty well for me, I hardly lose units anymore

JCL
05-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Casualties increased during the event

i have def seen a very marked jump in casualties, which is ironic since I built a Med Center and upgraded it to level 3. My losses are considerably higher than ever before. Before this thread, I could moderately do ok. Then it was bad, but only about 10% loss overall (e.g. 60k raided, 70k to replace lost units).

Today, holy smokes! Like I said, I previously had no med center, and now with a level 3 I'm upside down 10-60% every raid. Even finding someone with 50% my stats, previously a guaranteed return, I will lose a KC-130 on a low defense cash building, with no supporting defense buildings remotely close. If I attack a high defense cash building, surrounded by SAMs (or higher), I expect losses....but not one surrounded by unit boost and other cash buildings. It's freakin nuts

Lanc1988
05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Casualties are much better for me but I still seem to always lose atleast 1 unit..but it used to be always atleast 3 so it's definitely an improvement

zayden
05-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I definitely see a change in more units lost per battle. I've got hardened marines and super hornets dying left and right when I'm 30-40k higher in attack.

Killroy
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Its better we lose units at a steady rate, as far as gree is concerned right? I imagine that it will always fluctuate

kingoftwilight1969
05-03-2013, 05:51 AM
I am having a problem started end of March sometimes I lose units 9 out of 10 attacks I can have 3 times att. to their def. win but still lose low and very low units other times its fine lose few aday...just lost 1000 off my att. and more off def. the last 24 hours and barely attacked anyone...attacked 1 person 1/3 my strength won but lost 2 units they lost none...getting very frustrated.. cant grow much at all...I have tried losing allies adding allies nothing helping... sometimes its ok for awhile then just start losing like crazy...any ideas???

Yankster
05-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I haven't lost many units in attacks but my losses against players with defense as low as 140K less is more common. Or players that I used to win against, I now loose.

yankeefreak
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
This is now much worse for me. I've been playing a while and have never had an issue with casualties. Now i'm losing commando commanders, brigand lightnings and losing to players 2-300k stats lower then me. Oh well..comes with the territory

Nubforlyfe
05-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm glad that the casualty rates have been fixed

meinnepa2
05-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Yep fixed here. I lose more units than before. Isn't that what the fix was supposed to be?

Soccerfossil
05-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Casualty rates are much lower since upgrading composites building to level 9. Plus the top valor units you get from advancing rank are practically obsolete anyway with all these super strong indestructible prize units. It is a shame there is practically no benefit from advancing rank as far as valor units. The valor units used to be the driving force to rank advance now the experimental soldier looks like another meat shield. All you get out of rank advance is the little icon that indicates how active you are and help determining targets a little. The valor units all suck now. It's a shame the competitive balance of everything keeps getting changed. Like the emphasis on energy bar for the special events now was a waste of upgrade before. So it looks like gree is trying to level playing field between rich and poor and forces infantry, ground,air, sea with the prize unit mix to discourage over strength in any forces. So the new strategy everyone must go along with is max the special events prize units and balance forces and upgrades. You can try to go overstrength but gree will punish you by changing and rebalancing the game. Go along or get punished. It is still a great game with some fresh things to do and great faction commeradery. But the strategy seems to be missing. But the hacking seems to be addresses and it is hard for miners and mules to find an exploit. Good game but individual strategy switcheroos by gree are irritating especially after months of building forces only to find that someone stole your cheese.

Captin
05-23-2013, 09:39 AM
good news...

PM me the requirements

sexysuz
05-28-2013, 10:39 AM
That's great news!!!