PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Rate Problem is back

Rebeca
04-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Since 15 minutes more or less.

DFI
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM

I've started to see GIGNs falling like there is no tomorrow.

Soccerfossil
04-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Confirmed. Losing best valor and money units and not the lower inventory. This is very disappointing.

Alex Hunter
04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Same here. I have to change my strategy on a daily basis?

Considering the number of 'bugs' in this game I can't imagine why anyone would spend real money to increase their stats when their stats are not even correct.

Jaebee
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Several guys in my faction reporting this as well

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, well, well, its come full circle, has it?

YourPastLife
04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
So your saying everyone will be back to an equal playingfield again

Jaebee
04-08-2013, 04:49 PM
No, not full circle, apparently worse again.

thunder
04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
They probably bought it back for the limited quest that should be starting who knows when

Poopenshire
04-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Do not fix a thing. My casualty rates are exactly the same.

jjm521
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
What i cant comprehend is how i can lose in a battle where i have 17000 more points than my opponent

SoccerStud
04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Buy a few gold units... It will be better

Spectre23
04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Yep, it's right back to being unplayable again. Going back on hiatus until they fix it. Sorry, gree, this is not acceptable!

Donnie727
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM

I takes me 140 attacks to get 3000 pts, I just lost three 1000 valor point units in three attacks. It's back to camping and wait for the fix again or loose the lot.
Donnie

seaagg
04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Yep, mine is back too. It's really bad timing. If we don't play the LTQ then we don't buy any gold.

peripattikos
04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, it's back. I lost 1% of my attack and defense stats in a few easy attacks and raids. This is roughly 500 times my normal casualty rate.

Poopenshire
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I just attacked and raided 2 different people. In 26 hits per only 1 unit lost each. Yep thats normal.I see no proof here. Screen shots are Needed for proof.

procsyzarc
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
So playing the same game as the rest of us and don't like it? The rest of us have dealt with these losses since day one and learnt to adapt maybe you should to or if it is too hard quit. Just wait for next WD event when they lose 50k stats in 2 days to really see the complaints fly.

Thenoob
04-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh and it begins again. ........... I didn't Want those transport raiders and heavy artilleries any ways. And brigs seam to run out of jet fuel and crash an burn one by one

pts617
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Dammit it's back again! Wtf? Lets get it right Gree!

bloving
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Ah, here we go again. A debate between the "have" and the "have nots". We haven't had one of those in like....5 minutes. Fun times had by all. Now to remember which group I fall into.

Philly982
04-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Looks like everyone is back on the same playing field again. Now you know what some of us have been dealing with since the beginning......once again.

andrew_beeman@yahoo.com
04-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Ah, here we go again. A debate between the "have" and the "have nots". We haven't had one of those in like....5 minutes. Fun times had by all. Now to remember which group I fall into.

Is it ok to fall in the middle? I have high end units and ignore LTQ Stamina quests because of things like this. For one thing, don't raid defensive buildings. All I own are "very low" casualty rate items and I still lose 1-2 per attack. Drop Allies to use only gold units and attack people that are way lower than you... This is common sense but then again the idiots with mommy's cell don't have any so...

Jaebee
04-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I just attacked and raided 2 different people. In 26 hits per only 1 unit lost each. Yep thats normal.I see no proof here. Screen shots are Needed for proof.
The other day in a related thread you said you had always lost a high number of units...so which is it?? Or do you want it both ways?

P-TeCH
04-08-2013, 05:48 PM
ah what the hell, here we go again!

I'm having the exact same problem as already described in that thread here:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50227-Losing-high-valor-units-on-every-other-raid-or-attack-FIX-this-please&p=685987&viewfull=1#post685987

I'm tired of this ****, it is not possible to play this game like this! I'm losing B-52's, Brigand Lightnigs and Elite Water Cruiser's in EVERY attack and raid!

Would you fix this already GREE!?

bloving
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Is it ok to fall in the middle?

I would say the middle is a good place to be as long as you don't get squished. :) I'm not where you are yet but I'm getting there. To be fair, I think it is easy to fall into the valor trap. Gree throws those valor units at players like water flows over Niagra Falls. Then suddenly someone dams up the river...oops..no more valor. I will admit I fell for it but since the last debacle I have taken a different tactic. Your insight is good advice.

Poopenshire
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
The other day in a related thread you said you had always lost a high number of units...so which is it?? Or do you want it both ways?Actually both are right. Had casualty Rates changed by victims woukd have lost near a dozen units.Niw me as attacker and raider lost my normal amounts.

SPARKS
04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Everyone say good-bye to your Expert Attack Drones, Fortified Artillery, Dual Blaster and all your other high valor units. This is stupid and getting old. Also this crap with the events always starting late, changing, or not starting at all is also BS. Lots of us spend money on this game (idk why when service is like this) I wish it would go back to how it used to be when funzio owned the game. If something isn't broke, don't fix it. How hard is that? Evidently we are all asking too much. Tired of having to change the way I play every other day.

326-532-998 level 135
516-338-089 level 112
faction: 219-241-140

Generik79
04-08-2013, 05:58 PM
There is a casualty rate increase. It is a problem. It is back as bad or worse than immediately after China. If you are not facing it, God bless you. But there should be no light made of those that are and cannot afford to replace as easily as others. There also shouldn't be disinformation posted, such as suggesting nothing has changed for anyone. I'm sure GREE will eventually get a handle on it. For now, to those losing units like wildfire, I suggest you stop attacks or raids. If you are hemorrhaging units when being attacked and raided, watch your news feed and immediately tell whoever is hitting you about the problem. Most reasonably players will let up. You will get through this if you handle it properly. Best wishes.

Burnt
04-08-2013, 06:01 PM

They changed something?

JMC
04-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Lol this again. Learn to choose proper targets and your casualties will be fine. Because you can beat someone doesn't mean they are worth hitting.

Jaebee
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Actually both are right. Had casualty Rates changed by victims woukd have lost near a dozen units.Niw me as attacker and raider lost my normal amounts.
What?? I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth (keyboard).

Poopenshire
04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
What my fat fingers while running on the treadmill were trying to say was had rates changed to what everyone says, the people i attacked would have lost a dozen or so units. They did not, thry lost 1 each. Thats normal.Now for me as attacker becuase their strength was 3/4 of mine i lost 2 units per 3 hits. A mixture of valor and loot. That is normal

The_Don
04-08-2013, 06:14 PM
My casualty rates are exactly what they have always been, very high. Welcome to our world, folks.

JMC
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't think any of them with no casualties even pay any attention when we say we've had this since the beginning of the game. They just keep whining. The rest of us are doing fine this way. Learn to play the game properly and maybe you can do good as well.

Jaebee
What my fat fingers while running on the treadmill were trying to say was had rates changed to what everyone says, the people i attacked would have lost a dozen or so units. They did not, thry lost 1 each. Thats normal.Now for me as attacker becuase their strength was 3/4 of mine i lost 2 units per 3 hits. A mixture of valor and loot. That is normal

Fair enough, when Ferr hit me the other day, I lost a couple of units in the defense of said attack. When I attack people, rarely do I have losses, but my attack is usually at least 2-4 times their defense, so I wouldn't expect many (if any) losses. However, when a vast majority of my teammates say they are suddenly experiencing 2-3 units lost per attack/raid...that is not normal. But for you to attempt to sit on your high horse (or even worse when PJ and his golden army try to), when this is suddenly happening at a rate that is past ridiculous is well, trifling.

Poopenshire
My theory is with the LTQ coming Gree figured your advantage was keep gold sales too low. What good is this advantage if it drive down g9ld sales. I think for every LTQ you will see universal casualties. I mean if you want no casualties buy a gold army.

Perilous
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
ah what the hell, here we go again!

I'm having the exact same problem as already described in that thread here:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50227-Losing-high-valor-units-on-every-other-raid-or-attack-FIX-this-please&p=685987&viewfull=1#post685987

I'm tired of this ****, it is not possible to play this game like this! I'm losing B-52's, Brigand Lightnigs and Elite Water Cruiser's in EVERY attack and raid!

Would you fix this already GREE!?

Welcome to the world of 90% of the rest of gameplayers...we missed you.

Burnt
04-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I would say the middle is a good place to be as long as you don't get squished. :) I'm not where you are yet but I'm getting there. To be fair, I think it is easy to fall into the valor trap. Gree throws those valor units at players like water flows over Niagra Falls. Then suddenly someone dams up the river...oops..no more valor. I will admit I fell for it but since the last debacle I have taken a different tactic. Your insight is good advice.

Best post of the No-No's yet. Don't want to crash their club and i will say there have been SOME good posts from that side, but evolving through planning, strategy and tactics is the name of the game whether you spend gold or not.

Timbathia
04-08-2013, 07:53 PM
So playing the same game as the rest of us and don't like it? The rest of us have dealt with these losses since day one and learnt to adapt maybe you should to or if it is too hard quit. Just wait for next WD event when they lose 50k stats in 2 days to really see the complaints fly.

I do have a problem with the attitudes of the yes-yeses in this forum. Did you you read your own post before you posted it? You say you have been playing the same game since the start and have learnt to adapt. In fact you havent adapted, because if it was from the start then the word adapt does not apply. The no-nos have had their casualty rates changed three times in 2 weeks. And you are giving them a hard time about not having adapted yet? Are you serious?

Why are many of the yes-yeses acting like the no-nos are cheats? Did they ask for the no-no, or hack to get the no-no? Nope, they are just playing the game in front of them. If the yes-yeses can get over thier own self-importance for half a second, they would realise that the no-nos have every right to be annoyed that the game they are playing is flip-flopping all over the place with no explanation or warning from the developer.

The no-nos I know have no issue playing the game with high casualty rates, but would just like to have some idea of what they are going to be moving forward.

seaagg
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I do have a problem with the attitudes of the yes-yeses in this forum. Did you you read your own post before you posted it? You say you have been playing the same game since the start and have learnt to adapt. In fact you havent adapted, because if it was from the start then the word adapt does not apply. The no-nos have had their casualty rates changed three times in 2 weeks. And you are giving them a hard time about not having adapted yet? Are you serious?

Why are many of the yes-yeses acting like the no-nos are cheats? Did they ask for the no-no, or hack to get the no-no? Nope, they are just playing the game in front of them. If the yes-yeses can get over thier own self-importance for half a second, they would realise that the no-nos have every right to be annoyed that the game they are playing is flip-flopping all over the place with no explanation or warning from the developer.

The no-nos I know have no issue playing the game with high casualty rates, but would just like to have some idea of what they are going to be moving forward.

+1 on that.

The_Don
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
The casualty rates are going to be high. There ya go...move forward from here.

Speed ump
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Every player in the begining was a yes yes, every one. It wasn't until later that the no no was introduced. Forget the word adapt then. Lets just say we learned how to deal with it and grow. Now you will have to, even if this is a temporary on and off thing. Too bad, deal with it. I have no sympathy or sorrow for you. Now you just might have to suffer at the hands of those who know how. So many with the no no denied and lied. In war new problems can be thrown at you at any time, here at least all you lose is pixels if you can't learn to cope. Your opponents will use your inabilities against you, just as in the real world. This game jus might be getting more realistic nowadays. We know who the no nos are that abused and taunted, now you'll have to suffer, at least for a while. I have some no nos as team mates. At least they knew they were blessed, and never complained when they began losing units when this happened last week.

Burnt
04-08-2013, 08:16 PM
+1 on that.

+1 on that from a yes/yesser. I was beginning to think that since they changed it back it was an overcompensation to the yes/yes. Now I'm thinking that this may be a gradual compensation by gree to attrit the no/No's. just a theory. FYI - personally, the no/no never bothered me. I would run across players with great stat, low IPH, high valor and assumed they were hacking if they didn't have gold. They would come and go, rising up the ladder while i slowly built my base. However, with the WD, those perceived hackers now have an unfair advantage since I many of us have to battle them for the same prizes.

Timbathia
04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Every player in the begining was a yes yes, every one. It wasn't until later that the no no was introduced. Forget the word adapt then. Lets just say we learned how to deal with it and grow. Now you will have to, even if this is a temporary on and off thing. Too bad, deal with it. I have no sympathy or sorrow for you. Now you just might have to suffer at the hands of those who know how. So many with the no no denied and lied. In war new problems can be thrown at you at any time, here at least all you lose is pixels if you can't learn to cope. Your opponents will use your inabilities against you, just as in the real world. This game jus might be getting more realistic nowadays. We know who the no nos are that abused and taunted, now you'll have to suffer, at least for a while. I have some no nos as team mates. At least they knew they were blessed, and never complained when they began losing units when this happened last week.

Again you are talking about no-nos as a collective. Of course no-nos in a top 3 faction understand how lucky they are and are more than happy to deal with it. But there are no-nos that didnt even know there was a difference in casualty rates between players. You honestly dont think they have any right too jump on the forum and voice their displeasure? You got to see the introduction of the no-no, and I am sure it was annoying. Did any yes-yeses complain at the time the no-no was discovered, or did every single one of you politely grit you teeth, suck in your complaints and learn to deal with it?

Maybe there were no-nos that abused or taunted, but there are others that reported this glitch to Gree/Funzio via support and were categorically told that no such thing existed. I dont particularly care which way Gree change this too, but I think that a huge switching of the rules like this on a weekly basis is a perfectly reasonable thing to complain about if people are bothered by it. It is a much better thing to complain about than most of the other sh*t that gets spun in these threads.

Kyle51
04-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol this again. Learn to choose proper targets and your casualties will be fine. Because you can beat someone doesn't mean they are worth hitting.

I agree with you and I took advantage of this for a while attacking people with significantly lower stats than me (like under 5,000 defense only or I would lose a unit every attack) and I would lose few units. However I've been screwed by 2 things at the same time now. My casualty rate is so bad that I lose at least one unit virtually every attack even against someone with defense that is 1/3 my attack. The other issue I am facing is my rival list. I can't beat 85% of the people on it because their stats are between 400,000-1,400,000. There are a few members of my faction that are higher level than me and similar stats and frequently find people under 20,000 defense I am lucky to find someone with 140,000. And when I do find someone who is less than me I still lose insane amounts of units. I've faced the casualty issue basically since the beginning which deterred me from doing attacks and focusing on missions which was fine until the factions came out. Now you need to do attacks to get concrete but you also need to keep your stats up for war. The casualty rate is a concern to me but my bigger issue is the rivals list. One or the other, if not both, NEED to be fixed!

kingoftwilight1969
04-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the world of 90% of the rest of gameplayers...we missed you.

Indeed we did...they should switch that 90% around for awhile see how the 10% like it... lol Im new to the game lvl 54 and been playing for about a month was doing ok then bang lost over 3000 att and def and cant get it back cant find anyone to fight all twice the strength of me...and when i do hes already beat the hell up...and emailing GREE is like talking to my coffee table...thinking bout packing it in...im glad i havent been playing too long...or spent any money on this game...

KFH
04-09-2013, 01:55 AM

I like this post seeing as the word adapt would have everything to do with being given a weakness and making it work for you. People are not angry just happy that some players will have to adapt

Maggan
04-09-2013, 02:23 AM
I have no probs with casuality, that's a part of the game. But loosing more than one valuable unit every fight makes fight a bad strategy.

Just give us a casuality rate, and stick to it... Fix this, Gree.

freshtouch
04-09-2013, 02:27 AM

I send 10 tickets for this problem, and all what i get is standard bul**** responses, see the last one, i ask if we are goign to get any kind of compensation for all the lost units, and here what i get...:

Lee Walker, Apr 09 01:41 (PDT):
Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

I am sorry to inform you that i am unable to credit any form of compensation for this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience

Regards

Lee
Team GREE

King Fox
04-09-2013, 02:35 AM
Buy a few gold units... It will be better

That's EXACTLY what this is all about with Gree's failure to fix these bugs or are they really bugs????

Muller
04-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Now got to sit on my hands again as losing too much inventory and can't earn enough to replace it!!! Please sort it out again as l lost a week recently then it got resolved now I can't play again!!!

ghh
04-09-2013, 03:02 AM
Same here losing lots of units on every attack. What is going wrong with this game it's unplayable again.

HunterKiller
04-09-2013, 03:29 AM
I asked on another thread if yes yes players would get compensated for havjng a higher casualty rate for so long. Looks like Gree has decided to try and bring the no no players down to our level, which is fine with me. I would like to think I have developed a smarter form of gameplay than no no players who just went around attacking anything and everything without consequence, so after a few weeks we should be much more competitive and that will make the game mkre fun for all players.

bloving
04-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Best post of the No-No's yet. Don't want to crash their club and i will say there have been SOME good posts from that side, but evolving through planning, strategy and tactics is the name of the game whether you spend gold or not.

I almost welcome the death of my valor units now...I have too many. It's hard watching them go and seeing your a/d go down but I'm slowing replacing with other things. Now I'm looking to drop my allies way, way down...almost like starting the game over. The rival list is something I have to figure out next and bump my IPH up a lot. The worse part of all this is that my actions are hurting my faction but in the long run I will be stronger and things like this wont hurt my score that much in the future.

YourPastLife
04-09-2013, 05:21 AM

We have every right to have a bad attitude about this. Last week the no no's got put on an even playing field as us and complained so much that Gree decided to give them back their no no status. Then a bunch of you made a post thanking gree for giving you back your advantage. Gree could have reduced casualties for everyone but instead decided to leave us to suffer our excessive casualty rate while giving you back your advantage. This is complete BS and we have every right to have a problem with it.

Muller
04-09-2013, 05:48 AM
To be honest had I know at the outset I would have major casualties I would have played the game a different way, unfortunately this wasn't the case and I set out enjoying the game as it played out in front of me, to now have it changed backwards and forwards is very frustrating whether it's right or wrong I currently can't play it as its too much losing everything you have taken so long to build up!! Yes yes or no no messing people about and chopping and changing is frustrating a lot of people apart from those sitting on their high horses saying join the rest of us! We all play the game differently but I lost a week and looks like I'm going to lose another week or longer, games are meant to be enjoyed, why from the outset it was set up differently I have no idea makes no sense to me as people will do different things surely it should be a simple case of numbers. Why pick aright with someone who is much bigger and stronger than you!? Those who have always had major casualties should have said the first few times how come I'm attacking someone far far inferior yet they are wiping me out! for me if I carried on the way I was playing I would be troop less and bankrupt in a matter of 24hrs! Some may laugh, some may cry but to be honest if its not sorted out Ill find something else to do along with lots of others!! Rant over. Also looks like Ill miss the next Ireland quest assuming that it actually starts!!

prosoft
04-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Casualty rate problem is again!! Please fix this!!

Poopenshire
04-09-2013, 06:05 AM
Repeat there is no casualty rate issues. I just confirmed in the PLST files the rates for the units have not changed. If you want confirmation learn to read the game files. The rates did not change.

MattThomas08
04-09-2013, 06:05 AM
Gree has already come up with a solution to this problem. It's called Crime City.

Ziklag
04-09-2013, 06:15 AM
I asked on another thread if yes yes players would get compensated for havjng a higher casualty rate for so long. Looks like Gree has decided to try and bring the no no players down to our level, which is fine with me. I would like to think I have developed a smarter form of gameplay than no no players who just went around attacking anything and everything without consequence, so after a few weeks we should be much more competitive and that will make the game mkre fun for all players.

Lets all praise the smarter all knowing players like this that are considerate and compassionate enough to realize that we will lose all the units and a/d score in a few weeks that they have in over a year. Thank you for lecturing us on what we deserve because under no fault of our own we played a game the way it was given to many of us . and then telling us how much fun THEY will have in a few weeks because we will have stopped playing b/c the game is unplayable.
Will the next few months be worth playing this game and investing time and effort for no return except lose of a/d?
Tell future players in iTunes what you would rate this game no matter how you feel.

Philly982
04-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Those who have always had major casualties should have said the first few times how come I'm attacking someone far far inferior yet they are wiping me out!

Many of those did bring this up quite a long time ago when it was discovered that there are two different casualty "games" being played. And some of the members spent a lot of time researching to see if this was the actually due to certain strategies, skill point allocation, etc. It was then discovered that there is in fact two different tales going on......one the way the game was designed (the so called yes-yes) and another that has far less casualties (the so called no-no), and only proven for sure when Gree rolled back the servers to find many returned to their distinct advantage while the others still mourned heavy casualties. Some of us with the casualty disadvantage do feel bad for the no-no'ers in that it is now an entirely different game for you and this was said in many of the countless threads discussing this same topic. We do not necessarily want all the no-no players to become a yes-yes nor do we want to be a no-no. All we want is same-same. We had to adapt or as you say develop a strategy to cope with the loses from day one and were considerably behind in that aspect. Many spent a lot of hard earned money to develop enough destructible units to progress forward quickly. Think of how they feel about players who get nearly indestructible units for free. This game is not meant to be played over night, over a week, or even over a couple months unless you are prepared to spend a lot of gold. You commented that you lost a "week". but there are many that have lost a "year" or more. I am sure many will learn to adapt, but while doing so enjoy your head start. That being said I show empathy that you may have to redevelop a whole strategy that you may have spent a long time working on, but forgive us for being a little perturbed about everyone complaining about casualty rates that many have experienced from the get go. You can call it high horse or whatever, we will call it fair game.

mickymacirl
04-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Many of those did bring this up quite a long time ago when it was discovered that there are two different casualty "games" being played. And some of the members spent a lot of time researching to see if this was the actually due to certain strategies, skill point allocation, etc. It was then discovered that there is in fact two different tales going on......one the way the game was designed (the so called yes-yes) and another that has far less casualties (the so called no-no), and only proven for sure when Gree rolled back the servers to find many returned to their distinct advantage while the others still mourned heavy casualties. Some of us with the casualty disadvantage do feel bad for the no-no'ers in that it is now an entirely different game for you and this was said in many of the countless threads discussing this same topic. We do not necessarily want all the no-no players to become a yes-yes nor do we want to be a no-no. All we want is same-same. We had to adapt or as you say develop a strategy to cope with the loses from day one and were considerably behind in that aspect. Many spent a lot of hard earned money to develop enough destructible units to progress forward quickly. Think of how they feel about players who get nearly indestructible units for free. This game is not meant to be played over night, over a week, or even over a couple months unless you are prepared to spend a lot of gold. You commented that you lost a "week". but there are many that have lost a "year" or more. I am sure many will learn to adapt, but while doing so enjoy your head start. That being said I show empathy that you may have to redevelop a whole strategy that you may have spent a long time working on, but forgive us for being a little perturbed about everyone complaining about casualty rates that many have experienced from the get go. You can call it high horse or whatever, we will call it fair game.

I agree with Phil 110% in this case, you are correct.

Jd-fors
04-09-2013, 06:41 AM
If this was real war(which it is not)units would be lost.so it fits that units should be lost here too.if you don't like losing units there is always FarmVille cityville and a bunch of other villes that can be farmed and camped forever.play it or leave it!

YourPastLife
04-09-2013, 06:42 AM

Best post I've read on this forum and I 100% agree with you

britton
04-09-2013, 07:06 AM
This started in January and has never went away.

YourPastLife
04-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Maybe this is to simple but I know it is not easy to rework and code a new casualty system so why not just change the max casualties to 1 pear att/raid/def until a better system is developed. This way we all will have a even playing field and not suffer as much. This would make thing easier for the yes yes people and help ease the pain of the no no people and help them adjust to a new play style.

Ziklag
04-09-2013, 07:17 AM
I agree with Phil 110% in this case, you are correct.

These yes yes players agree 100-110% that they have "lost" a year . I applaud your resolve in playing a game for over a lost year.

They agree 100% they had to "adapt" from day one. You developed but you didn't have to change to a new use.
Or new conditions like the nonos.

They agree 100% "Many spent a lot of hard earned money to develop enough destructible units to progress forward quickly. Think of how they feel about players who get nearly indestructible units for free". Who spends real money on destructible units when they can buy indestructible gold units? Maybe you have been wasting a year

I also disagree about your characterization of fair game . Lose of over a years units in a few weeks is not fair.

I do agree 100% everyone should play the same-same and wish everyone was playing the same game from day one.

djsamtex
04-09-2013, 07:28 AM

So here you have some screen shots. (If you want more, just ask me)

http://img4web.com/tbnl/3NVNK.png (http://img4web.com/view/3NVNK)
http://img4web.com/tbnl/7TJ64A.png (http://img4web.com/view/7TJ64A)
http://img4web.com/tbnl/88W2F5.png (http://img4web.com/view/88W2F5)
http://img4web.com/tbnl/8JRBLW.png (http://img4web.com/view/8JRBLW)
http://img4web.com/tbnl/PCVLS.png (http://img4web.com/view/PCVLS)

5 consecutive battles against much weaker opponents. 1 battle lost and the 4 others I lose high stats valor units.... So this is normal for you??? Than bye bye Gree. I'll spend my money somewhere else....

YourPastLife
04-09-2013, 07:32 AM

5 consecutive battles against much weaker opponents. 1 battle lost and the 4 others I lose high stats valor units.... So this is normal for you??? Than bye bye Gree. I'll spend my money somewhere else....

Actually If I were attacking someone with a stat difference like that I would have lost at the very least 15 units

Poopenshire
04-09-2013, 07:38 AM
I agree with YourPastLife. Thats not quite up to what we normally see for losses sorry. I would kill to have losses that low.

Grizz875
04-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Yeah losing one unit would be a blessing to me. I routinely lose 3-4 unless the person I'm attacking is a quarter of my attack. You'll live, I promise.

Muller
04-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Repeat there is no casualty rate issues. I just confirmed in the PLST files the rates for the units have not changed. If you want confirmation learn to read the game files. The rates did not change.

Am I dreaming what is actually happening then to my game I wonder!? Something has changed three times now twice making it unplayable, would I be here winging or maybe relieving someone of their $$$? I think I know where I would be right now!!! Ker-Ching....

Muller
04-09-2013, 07:45 AM

I have to respect that post and the way it is written and worded but I'm still pissed off and if I could start again I would, yes yes or no no trouble is I'm too far down the road to lose it all. Letting it go however is unfortunately much easier. Fancy having two different game plays was somebody on a wind up or what!!!!

mickymacirl
04-09-2013, 07:47 AM

Sure is normal if you have top down valor units and have an incorrect unit distribution like you have.

Burnt
04-09-2013, 07:50 AM

Thanks for posting SS. Yeah man, that's normal. I'm guessing you are losing valor because you are bringing a large number of them into battle at the moment. Once they are normalized, you will start losing other units based on casualty rates.

Major Payne
04-09-2013, 07:51 AM
I am sick of this game and the constant changes they force upon us without warning. people we are a society based around consumption and customer service would you put up with these antics from you phone provider or utility companies? If not why not Modern war is know different we are paying for a service that in some cases we spend more on MW than both the previous bills, but yet we let these little pimple face worms dictate to us as they go,' Lol! not in America baby we have right through the consumer protection act. I will take my money somewhere else. Gree expects us to buy gold armies to compete with the cheats and their golden trust fund babies that live vicariously through this ridiculous game. I have spent hundreds of dollars competing and playing because it was fun, I paid know mind to the hackers and trust fund babies. Losing 2-3 units per attack is illogical and leads you to one conclusion if you want to play you have to pay!!! I recommend anyone who has spent money on this game real people not trust fund people who doesn't know the difference between $100 and a $1000 should file your complaint with Gree, and when they give you their typical lamb do nothing excuses keep your emails and dispute every charge you have on your credit cards with them and get complete refunds they might have to turn their greedy heads and notice that one, Lol!

djsamtex
04-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Actually If I were attacking someone with a stat difference like that I would have lost at the very least 15 units

If its like that. WHY WE DON'T SEE A PROOF OF YOU??????

djsamtex
04-09-2013, 08:04 AM
I agree with YourPastLife. Thats not quite up to what we normally see for losses sorry. I would kill to have losses that low.

screen shots?

freshtouch
04-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Poopenshire, why is Gree talking about an issue then ?... i did post their response, didnt you see it ?

Of course there is a problem with the casuality rate, they did fix it for 2 days, and now its again a mess !

i have (had) 210k attack, also if i try to attack someone with 60k defense i am losing atleast 1 unit per fight, do you think its normal ? and why before China it wasnt like that if its not an issue ?.. i am playing MW 1 year and half now, i never lost valor units like today.. (and not only valor units ! )

Lee Walker, Apr 09 01:41 (PDT):
Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

I am sorry to inform you that i am unable to credit any form of compensation for this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience

Regards

Lee
Team GREE

Thief
04-09-2013, 08:17 AM
I see alot of people saying the Poop doesn't understand the Common Players Plight. While that may or may not be true i can tell you that he has been around a long time and he hasn't always been a pirate. So he does understand how casualties worked in the past. Also he still understands them today even if he doesn't personally experience them.

I can tell you right now that 90% of my army is Destructible. The casualty rates are what i have always experienced. On average i loose 2-3 Units an attack. It's one of the reasons im recovering during/after WD events. I don't make up most of my army with Valor (about 10%) because i can't replace them. I buy what i can replace based on what i know i will loose. If i need a couple units to boost my stats against an individual player i have valor in reserve but i know that by doing so i will only loose those units faster.

So you feel it's unfair you've been playing for over a year now and didn't know about this. I can understand that...but then again i've been playing with this issue for over a year now and i don't think it's fair. Life isn't fair and neither is a game based on those that spend the most....

My reccomendation is to look at ways you can enjoy the game without attacking. Don't replace your lost valor units right now but look at how you can start to build your army with Cash units. Demolitions and B52's are great to loose by the dozens for me because i can replace them. SSD's also. Buying more expensive units i do as well but again i cant simply click buy at anytime to replace a loss on a 15 million dollar unit

djsamtex
04-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I see alot of people saying the Poop doesn't understand the Common Players Plight. While that may or may not be true i can tell you that he has been around a long time and he hasn't always been a pirate. So he does understand how casualties worked in the past. Also he still understands them today even if he doesn't personally experience them.

I can tell you right now that 90% of my army is Destructible. The casualty rates are what i have always experienced. On average i loose 2-3 Units an attack. It's one of the reasons im recovering during/after WD events. I don't make up most of my army with Valor (about 10%) because i can't replace them. I buy what i can replace based on what i know i will loose. If i need a couple units to boost my stats against an individual player i have valor in reserve but i know that by doing so i will only loose those units faster.

So you feel it's unfair you've been playing for over a year now and didn't know about this. I can understand that...but then again i've been playing with this issue for over a year now and i don't think it's fair. Life isn't fair and neither is a game based on those that spend the most....

My reccomendation is to look at ways you can enjoy the game without attacking. Don't replace your lost valor units right now but look at how you can start to build your army with Cash units. Demolitions and B52's are great to loose by the dozens for me because i can replace them. SSD's also. Buying more expensive units i do as well but again i cant simply click buy at anytime to replace a loss on a 15 million dollar unit

Thanks for this constructive answer. I will change my whole gameplay like your reccomendation.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Sure is normal if you have top down valor units and have an incorrect unit distribution like you have.

It only became incorrect when Gree changed the game parameters for players that have been playing for months fine tuning their setup to what they knew.

Spectre23
04-09-2013, 08:54 AM
All this discussion and sharing of opinions is fine, but the bottom line is gree is either going to fix it and keep its customers, or not fix it and lose a large percentage of its customer base. Everything else is just fodder for conversation.

Ziklag
04-09-2013, 09:00 AM

"incorrect" lol Nothing but judgement and pompous egotism from this one.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 09:01 AM
All this discussion and sharing of opinions is fine, but the bottom line is gree is either going to fix it and keep its customers, or not fix it and lose a large percentage of its customer base. Everything else is just fodder for conversation.

There is the truth of it.

And with no word from Gree as to what they are doing or intending to do all we have is speculation.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Back to the fodder.

And to the individuals suggesting we stop attacking....Might we also request a name change from "Modern War" to "Modern Farming"? Perhaps a bit longer name. "Modern War with the rare squabble with a neighbor because it is too slow and boring not to fight but nigh impossible to replace units to consistently have a war in a game that has War in it's name."

Sarcasm aside. I have learned that Poop has an understanding of the unbalanced causality rates that few here can come close to. He also has taken the time to explain what would be involved with the increased loss rate as well as offer tactics to ease the transition. Say what you will more should be as helpful.

Drama Llama
04-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Meat shields people, meat shields!

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Meat shields people, meat shields!

But how to get them since I cannot pick what units to use?

bloving
04-09-2013, 09:52 AM
What I had to learn is that my valor units are the new meat shields because my 2,000 units I can bring to a battle is comprised of gold, indestructible, and valor units. And I would assume most players who are now experiencing the high valor loss (me included) has about the same setup. The high casualty, low cost items are never brought to battle so how could you lose them?

I'm just doing what a lot have recommended...careful about who (usually 80 k less than me), what and how many times I attack. It does make for a much slower paced game and I will most likely get bored really quickly. But on a good note...I'm not spending gold to refil my stamina or any of the events except war. Cut my spending by two-thirds. YEAH, I can eat lunch again. :)

Drama Llama
04-09-2013, 09:54 AM
But how to get them since I cannot pick what units to use?

You need to find the most affordable unit you can that alters your stats and stock up on them making them the lowest strength unit you take into battle. If you have enough of these units you will find you lose them in battle much more often than other more valuable units. Examples include the medic for LLP's as a defence shield or the military ambulance or sea scout for slightly higher up and then things like commando's or biowarfare troops or demolitions for attack shields. Eventually you may find you end up using B52s and aircraft carriers as shields too!

mickymacirl
04-09-2013, 10:09 AM
"incorrect" lol Nothing but judgement and pompous egotism from this one.

You haven't a clue how to play the game, start learning and stop insulting people for no reason.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Bug confirmed.

Losing $1,500,000 for a raid on a player with 1/4 my stats. Over and over again....

Good work, Gree, your secret plan to make me stop playing this game is working perfectly.

mickymacirl
04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Bug confirmed.

Losing $1,500,000 for a raid on a player with 1/4 my stats. Over and over again....

Good work, Gree, your secret plan to make me stop playing this game is working perfectly.

Screenshots?

Thief
04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks for this constructive answer. I will change my whole gameplay like your reccomendation.

It's not that i'm saying stop attacking all together. You just need to re-evaluate your army. Look at what others are saying for meatshields.

Don't like the idea of Meatshields. Gree offers a very inexpensive way to have an army with 3-crates. 3 items for only 175 gold. Obviously it get pretty expensive fast but each indestructible unit you bring into your army is a % drop in your losses. So for 30k Gold you can reduce your losses by 25% across the board.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Repeat there is no casualty rate issues.

So, even though loads of people are reporting it, you're claiming it's a non-existent problem? Really?

The rates did not change.

Wrong. They changed, and right before my eyes. Suddenly I'm losing units for every single battle, even to players with 1/4 of my stats. The casualty rate has gotten so bad that it's a no-win game at this point, there's no way that I could sustain the losses that raiding now incurs.

To say that "there is no casualty rate issue" when people are reporting it in droves is really kind of ridiculous.

senex morosus
04-09-2013, 10:26 AM

jaebee has obviously not read any of speed ump's posts to be commenting on another pirate's spelling mistakes.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
What I had to learn is that my valor units are the new meat shields because my 2,000 units I can bring to a battle is comprised of gold, indestructible, and valor units. And I would assume most players who are now experiencing the high valor loss (me included) has about the same setup. The high casualty, low cost items are never brought to battle so how could you lose them?

I'm just doing what a lot have recommended...careful about who (usually 80 k less than me), what and how many times I attack. It does make for a much slower paced game and I will most likely get bored really quickly. But on a good note...I'm not spending gold to refil my stamina or any of the events except war. Cut my spending by two-thirds. YEAH, I can eat lunch again. :)

lol
This +1

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 10:32 AM
You haven't a clue how to play the game, start learning and stop insulting people for no reason.

We did until they changed the rules, we are learning and the tone of your posts has led me to think it was an accurate description instead of an insult.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 10:34 AM

BINGO. This is exactly it.

I don't care about the controversy or the rationalization by some people as to why the change is "fair".

What I know is that suddenly the game I play has changed radically, and it's now a waste of time for me to play. So yes, if it doesn't change back, I'm gone. I won't play a game where my only option is to lose constantly and continuously. I also won't play a game where I have to spend loads of real cash just to get by. I won't do it, period.

So either it gets fixed, or I'm done with it. I won't play a game where my only option is to lose.

DFI
04-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Or do you just buy Avery diverse group of valor toys?

Ziklag
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Thank you again for proving the insult was perfectly apropos. . Nothing productive has been posted by you just absurd statements preaching the correct way for everyone in this game to play.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Screenshots?

If I get really really really bored later and decide to play a few more rounds, I'll take some screenshots and post them, but trust me- I'm not making this up.

Honestly, mickymacirl, I wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't happening. I'd be happily raiding away like usual instead of venting on this forum.

Thief
04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
So, even though loads of people are reporting it, you're claiming it's a non-existent problem? Really?

Wrong. They changed, and right before my eyes. Suddenly I'm losing units for every single battle, even to players with 1/4 of my stats. The casualty rate has gotten so bad that it's a no-win game at this point, there's no way that I could sustain the losses that raiding now incurs.

To say that "there is no casualty rate issue" when people are reporting it in droves is really kind of ridiculous.

No one is telling you that YOUR casualty rates didn't change. They are stating that the casualty rates that you are describing are perfectly normal and it's what the large majority of MW players have been battling with since they started playing. The question i always have to ask myself when attacking is why? Do i want the Battle Points? Am i getting WD points? Am i getting over a Million per hit? If the answer is no then i don't attack.

As for Droves i assume it's less than 5% of individuals that are experiences this swing back. Obviously we hear huge complaints because it's not financially sustainable to attack for these players for the first time...and i agree. It almost never is. So you've dealt with it for a few hours/days while most have dealt with it for over a year.

Why did so many camp? It wasn't because camping is fun. It wasn't because they were afraid of getting beaten. It was because they needed to build an economy to support an army and to do Events that would give them maximum Indestructibles for the XP they gained. In the hopes that by the time they were lvl 151 they could participate in the rest of the game without those huge losses.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Am i getting over a Million per hit? If the answer is no then i don't attack.

At my level, getting a million a hit is virtually impossible. I'm not sure I've ever gotten that much for a single attack, ever.

Why did so many camp? It wasn't because camping is fun. It wasn't because they were afraid of getting beaten. It was because they needed to build an economy to support an army

The problem is that I don't play this game to camp, I play it to raid and build. If I want to play a camping game I'd play Farmville or Happy Unicorn Rancher.

Here's the thing: to experience such a dramatic change in the basic behavior of the game play is like a punch in the face. If it had been this way from the start I never would have continued, I'd have played it for a few days and then abandoned it and moved on. Maybe it's time for me to do that now, because the way it's working right now, it isn't any fun to play.

Poopenshire
04-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Here it is guys your master solution:Buy Gold and get Indestructible units.Problem solved, otherwise your not a customer and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Here it is guys your master solution:Buy Gold and get Indestructible units.Problem solved, otherwise your not a customer and good riddance to bad rubbish.

That's not a viable or realistic solution for many of us.

So apparently, the game is "free to play" but not "free to win". Not the mark of a good game.

Sure, I'll just take a $1000 and dump it all into indestructible units...because my family doesn't really need to eat or make a house payment. I mean, obviously The Game is far more important than that kind of stuff, right?

If you can afford to do that, that's great, but for many of us that's just not an option.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 11:21 AM
No one is telling you that YOUR casualty rates didn't change. They are stating that the casualty rates that you are describing are perfectly normal and it's what the large majority of MW players have been battling with since they started playing. The question i always have to ask myself when attacking is why? Do i want the Battle Points? Am i getting WD points? Am i getting over a Million per hit? If the answer is no then i don't attack.

As for Droves i assume it's less than 5% of individuals that are experiences this swing back. Obviously we hear huge complaints because it's not financially sustainable to attack for these players for the first time...and i agree. It almost never is. So you've dealt with it for a few hours/days while most have dealt with it for over a year.

Why did so many camp? It wasn't because camping is fun. It wasn't because they were afraid of getting beaten. It was because they needed to build an economy to support an army and to do Events that would give them maximum Indestructibles for the XP they gained. In the hopes that by the time they were lvl 151 they could participate in the rest of the game without those huge losses.

This makes a great deal of sense. Unfortunately, we are engaging in circular arguments.

Point
They are stating that the casualty rates that you are describing are perfectly normal and it's what the large majority of MW players have been battling with since they started playing.

Counter Point
Normal is a matter of perspective. It was normal for me not to have the higher losses. Since day one. For most of a year.

Point
The question i always have to ask myself when attacking is why? Do i want the Battle Points? Am i getting WD points? Am i getting over a Million per hit? If the answer is no then i don't attack.

Counter Point
I played almost exclusively for Battle Points and Valor. It was a very rare thing for me to attack anything but defense structures. It gave me higher BP and valor without jacking with the other player too badly. The $$$ had to be substantial for me to hit a base. BTW, this has changed. I'm stomping the little guys now, 20K to my 100K, just to get a feel for the "normal" play. Must be fun for them.

Point
As for Droves i assume it's less than 5% of individuals that are experiences this swing back.

Counter Point
Why assume it is 5%? Of course I have no data to say this is incorrect.

Point

Counter Point.
And now that the rules have changed and I am at Lvl 142 with the following make up of my army? This is caused by giving the vast majority of my IPH to my faction, using what gold I had for wars to help increase points for faction and using what I had left to build with.

2000 units total.
1859 units from cash and valor.

And before anyone jumps in with the 20/20 hindsight on what I should have done from the beginning. THIS was the norm for many of us from day one.

CJ D
04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
What you guys have to realize is that those of us who are free, high casualty players don't have all the high end valor units because it is not profitable to do so. I was never able to complete every mission provided to gain the valor, because I lost so many units doing so that it usually ended up being a negative for me. So, I just attack and raid when I am really striving for something, or as was said, if there is huge upside to it. So, you don't like losing units when you attack. I get it. It sucks to build and build and then to start losing them. Try camping and building a base, iph, and units, because you lose so much to attack, and then logging on to find out you've been attacked, with vaulted money so you're not paying out anything, but you've lost 6-10 units just sitting back. I know being attacked us part of the game. But when I am getting attacked by a guy who has 50k more attack than I have defense, and the only thing he has in his arsenal is high end valor units because he does force degradation missions all day and doesn't lose a thing (which is why he has so much more strength than me to begin with), it double sucks. You guys are pissed about attacking and losing units....pfffft. Wait till WD and you log on after catching some rest and you are down 250 units. That's when you will really see what the rest of us have been dealing with....

All this being said. We all have the same valor units you have. The difference is the amount we have. Being as it isn't profitable to go in search of valor, we have more of the expendables...more loot items....again, more of the meat shields. To me, that is as fun a part if the game as being able to attack with no losses would be. Building stats and an army despite coming on to find out you lost 8 units to an invincible valor army raider. You will sustain heavy losses, but you will still be stronger than we are, if you change your spending habits. I would love to have the problem many of you do. High stats with a loaded army with the same losses I incur now. Pitch a tent, pick your battles, and build your energy and defense when you level up.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 11:24 AM

Sarcasm noted and appreciated.

There it is! Spend or leave. It is a business after all.

Rebeca
04-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Do you mean that this is false advertising?

CJ D
04-09-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't think so. I've played 100% free and enjoy the crap out of it. Granted, I'm nowhere near poop or some of the others, and our little faction would get rearranged quite badly if we came up against them, but I like it just the same.

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Do you mean that this is false advertising?

At any point did they say how well you would do?

What should be interesting is how entertaining the new targets, errr I mean low stat players, are going to find the game now.

TEG
04-09-2013, 11:37 AM
In Kindom Age and Monster Quest I lose units very easily when attacking or being attacked.

In Crime City I never lose anything. (Farmed indestructible explosives so I don't lose consumables anymore.)
In Modern War, I was at first in the high losses category but managed to get to low casualties
(which I had thought was due to buying some defensive gold units, upgrading my infirmary, etc.)
The net result was I spent a bunch of real money on items in Crime City & Modern War, but spent almost nothing on Monster Quest and Kindgom Age as those just seemed to be "losing propositions". (Those who would outspend me would crush me.)

At least in Crime City and Modern War, I figured I could do well with a mix of medium gold spending, and heavy maps/PVP activity, and buying good respect/valor units. I could take on casual players that would just stop by once and a while and buy a bunch of gold items. Well, the way Modern War has turned now that is no longer the case. A 50/50 gold+valor player going up against a 100% gold player just loses too much. It was a substantial investment in time, planning, and strategy to get competitive with the big gold spenders, and now it just feels like a kick in the face to say you have to be 100% gold or expect to slowly get beaten back.

If this is an attempt to get medium gold spenders to step up to being heavy gold spenders, I think it may "backfire"...

Philly982
04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
At my level, getting a million a hit is virtually impossible. I'm not sure I've ever gotten that much for a single attack, ever.

I believe the most you can get per hit is 300K. Time is money and real money is time. Well, that is not completely accurate as real money trumps all, but I think many will understand what I mean. In real war, a new country could not just come into being with a powerful army. It has to build up its economy, resources, develop technology, yada yada and this takes time. This is somewhat the same. Now say a new ruler comes into power with vast economic resources. That ruler could then purchase resources, technology, weapons, etc. from others. This is also somewhat the same. One can use gold to increase indestructible units, upgrade buildings in no time, and even use real money to by fake game cash to become strong quickly. If I only spend XX amount of dollars I would not expect to have an advantage over someone who spends XXXX dollars nor should I. I am a light gold spender, but I do not expect to have the same options as a medium much less a heavy gold spender. I do expect to have the same options presented to me, but then it is up to me if I want the pay for it. If I do not, then I have to accept that I either have to camp until I am strong enough to obtain said option or settle for the fact that I will not become strong enough for the said option. If one wants to play free that is perfectly fine and well, but that person should not expect to become as strong as someone who pays and definitely should not expect to get there overnight. For a long time a fortunate amount of people were able to obtain in-game cash and valor units that were very close to indestructible. Like Poopenshire says, none of the casualty rates have changed. There was apparently a facet of the game that allowed some to not have nearly as high as an overall casualty rate as the others..ie. when those with the casualty advantage would lose units they will still lose units according to the normal consumption rate of each individual unit. It is just that the rest of us lose them much more frequently on the order of 1 - 3 units per attack against much weaker opponents and more severely against stronger opponents according to the same consumption rate of the individual units. And for those that think that they lost in a week what the players without the former casualty advantage have lost over the last year this is not true. It is that you are now losing units at the same rate over the last couple days that we have lost every single day since we started playing. I do feel bad that the game is different than when you started playing. You did not have an option at the start to select the casualty advantage or disadvantage or I am certain we would all have chosen the former. But please do not be upset at those that never had the casualty advantage for not feeling empathy towards one for losing a 9000 valor unit that basically stayed around for almost as long as something that cost them 350 gold. Try playing devil's advocate for a change as it seems many free players want the same advantages that paying players have. Many of us had to sit around a long time to build up a large economy while getting raided and attacked by players that did not have to fear losing many units just so that we could actually be able to sustain the loses that we incur on a daily basis. Those with the casualty advantage could raid/attack away without much risk for their inventory to make their in game cash while we had to camp away many times sustaining heavy loses. Sure camping can be boring, but one can still attack/raid just enough to be able to compete in the events which always seem to be going on now (when they actually start on time) and increase their indestructible units to mitigate their loses. For a while Gree did not always have events going on at all times. It took us much longer to build up our base indestructible units. All I can say is to enjoy the head start, and with the constant events it will not take quite as long as it did for many of us.

Thief
04-09-2013, 11:49 AM
First i will address Poops comment because i know he understands the need for as many players that the game can support in order to be successful. Yes gold players are absolutely necessary for the game to continue but it needs numbers as well. I have a feeling his comment is simply coming from the fact that he feels like he his hitting his head against a brick wall in an attempt to explain and offer advice.

This makes a great deal of sense. Unfortunately, we are engaging in circular arguments.

Point
They are stating that the casualty rates that you are describing are perfectly normal and it's what the large majority of MW players have been battling with since they started playing.

Counter Point
Normal is a matter of perspective. It was normal for me not to have the higher losses. Since day one. For most of a year.

Point
The question i always have to ask myself when attacking is why? Do i want the Battle Points? Am i getting WD points? Am i getting over a Million per hit? If the answer is no then i don't attack.

Counter Point
I played almost exclusively for Battle Points and Valor. It was a very rare thing for me to attack anything but defense structures. It gave me higher BP and valor without jacking with the other player too badly. The $$$ had to be substantial for me to hit a base. BTW, this has changed. I'm stomping the little guys now, 20K to my 100K, just to get a feel for the "normal" play. Must be fun for them.

Point
As for Droves i assume it's less than 5% of individuals that are experiences this swing back.

Counter Point
Why assume it is 5%? Of course I have no data to say this is incorrect.

Point

Counter Point.
And now that the rules have changed and I am at Lvl 142 with the following make up of my army? This is caused by giving the vast majority of my IPH to my faction, using what gold I had for wars to help increase points for faction and using what I had left to build with.

2000 units total.
1859 units from cash and valor.

And before anyone jumps in with the 20/20 hindsight on what I should have done from the beginning. THIS was the norm for many of us from day one.

Point 1: I'm defining Normal as a point that the game was developed this way intentionally for the majority of players.

Point 2: The game is constantly changing and evolving. I've had to change my strategy numerous times. Defensive structures may very well not hurt the other player...but what it does is Cause massive casualties when you attack them for players. I had never hit them before the most recent pvp event. If you want to attack players for BP or valor and not hurt them hit their Supply Depots and Armories. Has very little impact to them and you should see a drop in losses. As for those that are at 20k vs. your 100k they didn't have the advantage you had to get to 100k. Also who knows what is fun for them. Getting attacked might have little impact on them because they are not over vault and buy troops they can easily replace.

Point 3: 5% is a rough estimate. I've talked to hundres probably closer to over a thousand individuals in this game in detail. I play the game for the social aspect and most are willing to acknowledge if they have the casualty glitch or not. Plus they have now know it's over and have seen a dramatic change in the mechanics. Some of them i consider friends and i certainly don't want to see them quit but they understand what they had as well that was an unfair advantage. If they didn't acknowledge they had it then they would be complaining now. Obviously my Sample is small in comparison to the game but that just means it could easily drop below 1% or as high as 10% (i honestly feel like it's closer to 2% but i accounted for a variance and put 5%)

Point 4: As i said rules/dynamics change all the time. The rivals list changin, You had release of BP, Boss events, WD events, LTQ, Crates...all were changes in the game that you have to adapt to. If you put all your points into energy and cant pvp that is something that happens. There have been countless players who have reached your lvl only to realize that they needed to start their game over in order to succeed. Some level too fast, some Didn't focus on economy enough. Some didn't lvl high enough and can't participate in the WD events at the lvl they want to because their attack isn't high enough. All of these players have said hindsight 20/20.

-----------------------------------------------
In the end the question becomes:
What does gree have an obligation to do? Well nothing...but they need to ask themselves if it's more important to create an Equal (although not blanaced) game for all or do they need to keep the game the way it has been as it changes the game mechanics for part of the player base if they make it Equal? (again that doesn't mean Balanced)

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Well, I had a long talk with my family about this, and we came to a decision.

We're going to sell our home and all our belongings so I can buy some colored pixels and continue playing The Game. Sacrifices have to be made and we're focusing on what's REALLY important, which is being able to buy enough in-game gold to continue playing Modern War.

It wasn't an easy decision, especially the part about Suzy and Jimmy having to get along without medical care and giving up the idea of going to college (or wearing clothes without holes), but it'll be worth it in the long run because I'll be able to afford some gold.

My wife and I figure we can live/sleep in the car, and just camp out in a tent at a local golf course or Wal-Mart when the weather permits. Suzy suggested getting one of those nice cardboard boxes that refrigerators come in, and outfitting it with some blankets for carpet and Saran-Wrap for windows. She makes me so proud when she comes up with these awesome ideas!

We were going to give the dog to the neighbors, but Jimmy pointed out that if we killed and ate the dog, it would feed us for at least 2 or 3 meals, freeing up much-needed cash for more in-game gold. That kid has a bright future ahead of him as a hedge-fund manager, mark my words.

My wife also proposed that she start employment as a "Horizontal Hospitality Worker", and her johns, err, I mean "clients" would provide a little additional money for even more in-game gold! Having a supportive wife like this almost makes up for the increased casualty rate, don't you think?

In addition, she and I plan to start robbing mini-marts (time permitting) and little Jimmy can drive the get-away bike (yes, we'll be selling the car too, you can't never have enough in-game gold, right?).

So there's our plan, wish us luck in the next WD event!

-JammedUp, Wife, Suzy, & Jimmy

EDIT: A community member suggested that I and The Wife commit something called "insurance fraud", where we skip the middleman and just burn our house down to collect from the insurance policy. Thanks for the helpful hint, <name withheld>, we'll look into it! -j.u.

-

bloving
04-09-2013, 12:28 PM

I hope you're playing Crime City because I think you're going to need the experience. ;)

MODERNWAR.COMMANDER
04-09-2013, 01:16 PM
First i will address Poops comment because i know he understands the need for as many players that the game can support in order to be successful. Yes gold players are absolutely necessary for the game to continue but it needs numbers as well. I have a feeling his comment is simply coming from the fact that he feels like he his hitting his head against a brick wall in an attempt to explain and offer advice.

Point 1: I'm defining Normal as a point that the game was developed this way intentionally for the majority of players.

Point 2: The game is constantly changing and evolving. I've had to change my strategy numerous times. Defensive structures may very well not hurt the other player...but what it does is Cause massive casualties when you attack them for players. I had never hit them before the most recent pvp event. If you want to attack players for BP or valor and not hurt them hit their Supply Depots and Armories. Has very little impact to them and you should see a drop in losses. As for those that are at 20k vs. your 100k they didn't have the advantage you had to get to 100k. Also who knows what is fun for them. Getting attacked might have little impact on them because they are not over vault and buy troops they can easily replace.

Point 3: 5% is a rough estimate. I've talked to hundres probably closer to over a thousand individuals in this game in detail. I play the game for the social aspect and most are willing to acknowledge if they have the casualty glitch or not. Plus they have now know it's over and have seen a dramatic change in the mechanics. Some of them i consider friends and i certainly don't want to see them quit but they understand what they had as well that was an unfair advantage. If they didn't acknowledge they had it then they would be complaining now. Obviously my Sample is small in comparison to the game but that just means it could easily drop below 1% or as high as 10% (i honestly feel like it's closer to 2% but i accounted for a variance and put 5%)

Point 4: As i said rules/dynamics change all the time. The rivals list changin, You had release of BP, Boss events, WD events, LTQ, Crates...all were changes in the game that you have to adapt to. If you put all your points into energy and cant pvp that is something that happens. There have been countless players who have reached your lvl only to realize that they needed to start their game over in order to succeed. Some level too fast, some Didn't focus on economy enough. Some didn't lvl high enough and can't participate in the WD events at the lvl they want to because their attack isn't high enough. All of these players have said hindsight 20/20.

-----------------------------------------------
In the end the question becomes:
What does gree have an obligation to do? Well nothing...but they need to ask themselves if it's more important to create an Equal (although not blanaced) game for all or do they need to keep the game the way it has been as it changes the game mechanics for part of the player base if they make it Equal? (again that doesn't mean Balanced)

Well thought out and clearly written. Thank you.

As you will for Point 1. I disagree, however it is your definition.

Point 2: There is a wide difference between "the game is always changing and evolving" which would suggest a measured pace and waking up one morning to have your current system scrapped. Defensive buildings provided me with the best option while taking into account the other player. I could just as easily have raided all the other buildings. The other player possibly not having the advantage, whether it was time, gold or real world$$$, is why I felt to limit myself. However, since we are working towards an Equal (although not balanced) game let them work with the game changing and evolving.

Point 3: I appreciate you sharing this information. This is one of the first times I have heard of someone producing numbers that didn't require them extracting it from their bottoms, accepting your word at face value.

Point 4: Incremental changes. On a personal note the PvP was why I enjoyed playing the game. As to the rest, all those countless players you speak of arrived by way of decisions they made, good or bad. There was no personal decision, plan or warning for us which I believe to be the main complaint.

Something I would like to point out. Not once in the many different threads and posts I have read do I recall seeing anyone with reduced causalities say there should not be an equal playing field. All I have seen supported it. However, there seem to be many old school players that will suggest, if not outright accuse, you of exactly that if you disagree that the "normal" should be anything other than what they are used to. I'm a babe compared to Poop. (There is a joke in there somewhere.) But I feel his frustration.

It is a business so that means the $$$ is boss. However, their customer service/care is so off I don't see why any would continue using their product if this is the norm as many say?

Spectre23
04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
The current casualty rate is unacceptable. If its a glitch, they need to fix it for all. If its just their latest cash grab attempt, they have really overreached this time. I am a moderate gold buyer but that has ceased completely until/unless they fix it. I know many others feel the same. Gree will have to make a business decision, I hope they choose to retain customers and not drive them away...

Poopenshire
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Sarcasm noted and appreciated.

There it is! Spend or leave. It is a business after all.

Some one got it.

My army is less than 1/3 indesructible. I have ventured its about 1/4, but it changes so often it could be up to 1/3 by now. the rest of my army is a mix of valor, loot, and cash units.

My attack meatshield is the Brigand lighting. Yes they die fast but thats the point of the meatsheild. My Defense meatshield is also the Brigand, followed closely by Stealth Surveilance Drones.

I farm Brigands with the 88% drop site in the game. 2 x hits for 344 energy per. I have 2420 energy with a +7 energy per minute (total of +7 for an increase of +4). I can hit about 1 brigand every 2 hours for about 12 per day. Not bad farming. Now remember becuase I have these in high numbers and the Casualty rate is 2.5% this will die fast. So if your hitting defense or boost buildings expect many casualties. If you hit cash buildings I lose a few a day, but make up for it in farming.

Guys read between the lines and start listening. If you never get your No No back, don't cry. Just try to get better at the game.

mjptexas
04-09-2013, 08:18 PM
So...

I'm on of the clueless 'no-nos' that was blissfully unaware of the issue until after the China Campaign.

I've started seeing higher casualties in the last day, but nothing like what I saw right after the China campaign. So I give GREE credit for starting to bring us to a common ground.

After reading a bunch of posts after the last dust-up I realized I would have a HUGE problem if I was a Yes-yes and have adjusted my play. I'm also prepared to lose hundreds of valor units during the next war as my army reaches an equilibrium.

So I laud GREE for listening and slowly bringing things to an equilibrium.

Jammed Up
04-09-2013, 08:56 PM
So...So I laud GREE for listening and slowly bringing things to an equilibrium.

Not me. I've played the game happily for some time now, but to wake up and find the whole thing turned upside down is just ridiculous. This isn't the game I started playing.

If they set things back to the way they were I'll keep playing, if not then I'll just abandon my base and delete the game. There are plenty of other games I could (would) play that don't jerk me around like this.

P-TeCH
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Not me. I've played the game happily for some time now, but to wake up and find the whole thing turned upside down is just ridiculous. This isn't the game I started playing.

If they set things back to the way they were I'll keep playing, if not then I'll just abandon my base and delete the game. There are plenty of other games I could (would) play that don't jerk me around like this.

good speech, while everybody's arguing over fairness ppl forgot about what's really important here. They say they improved the casuality rates now, but their still way too high! It is devastating to play this game losing expensive units on every hunt. It's no longer fun to go out and raid for me, my "raiding treshold" was at 50k, lvl 10 Munition stockpile for instance. Now I need to triple that treshold at least to make up for the B-52 I WILL lose in just three hits. It's a pain to find targets worth it now, the new vault expansions will soon make it even worse as it will get harder to find overvault targets as well. Where is this leading to? What good is this game if they take away the fun of messing your way through your rivals list. I don't want to strategize for hours just to make some money, I would like to dive in and fight as I used to do in the old no-no system. And yes, I would be glad if I had these casuality rates from the beginning like some in here, as I'm quite sure I would have stopped playing a long time ago. Now I would surely regret to have wasted all the time it took to get where I am in the game.

kingoftwilight1969
04-09-2013, 09:29 PM
I thought about buying a few units but when i got no support with my problems i cant support them!!!

kingoftwilight1969
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM

We're going to sell our home and all our belongings so I can buy some colored pixels and continue playing The Game. Sacrifices have to be made and we're focusing on what's REALLY important, which is being able to buy enough in-game gold to continue playing Modern War.

It wasn't an easy decision, especially the part about Suzy and Jimmy having to get along without medical care and giving up the idea of going to college (or wearing clothes without holes), but it'll be worth it in the long run because I'll be able to afford some gold.

My wife and I figure we can live/sleep in the car, and just camp out in a tent at a local golf course or Wal-Mart when the weather permits. Suzy suggested getting one of those nice cardboard boxes that refrigerators come in, and outfitting it with some blankets for carpet and Saran-Wrap for windows. She makes me so proud when she comes up with these awesome ideas!

We were going to give the dog to the neighbors, but Jimmy pointed out that if we killed and ate the dog, it would feed us for at least 2 or 3 meals, freeing up much-needed cash for more in-game gold. That kid has a bright future ahead of him as a hedge-fund manager, mark my words.

My wife also proposed that she start employment as a "Horizontal Hospitality Worker", and her johns, err, I mean "clients" would provide a little additional money for even more in-game gold! Having a supportive wife like this almost makes up for the increased casualty rate, don't you think?

In addition, she and I plan to start robbing mini-marts (time permitting) and little Jimmy can drive the get-away bike (yes, we'll be selling the car too, you can't never have enough in-game gold, right?).

EDIT: A community member suggested that I and The Wife commit something called "insurance fraud", where we skip the middleman and just burn our house down to collect from the insurance policy. Thanks for the helpful hint, <name withheld>, we'll look into it! -j.u.

-

Dude im with u on that!! But I dont have a house but my backs screwed and I cant work anymore and I was thinking what if I just spend my AISH cheque on gold im on a fixed income anyway what difference could it make? Broke or broke and homeless as long as I get some gold and pay the cell phone bill.. IM SET!!! Cant pimp out the old lady cuz she left once I couldnt work but thats not important...AS LONG AS I CAN GET SOME GOLD IM A HAPPY MAN!!!! YIPPY!! U THE MAN WITH A PLAN JIMMY THANX FOR THE SUPPORT ITS THE ONLY SUPPORT IM GETTING!!!

Spectre23
04-10-2013, 02:52 AM
Lucky for you guys if you just vote democrat then you can quit your job, sit on your arse all day, collect welfare, unemployment, and cell phones, and just play MW all day! :)

Jammed Up
04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Try not to be such an ass, okay?

Lucky for you guys if you just vote democrat then you can quit your job, sit on your arse all day, collect welfare, unemployment, and cell phones, and just play MW all day! :)

Zyhpr
04-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Somehow I can't create a new thread, permission not allowed ...what the heck...since we are on casualty topic...

Do you guys showing the same as I do ? the desert night watchman unit giving out a + 10% bonus casualty rate, from the character detail bonus list....also the fraction health showing a plus bonus too (despite if you view it from the unit it's self and the fraction bonus the description text showing correctly as...so and so "casualty reduction"). That suppose to be MINUS 10%, NOT plus... My fraction health upgrade and my desert night watchman are killing my army.
Did reinstall and it's still showing the same...

Jammed Up
04-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Honestly, at this point I barely care.

This isn't the game I started playing. To have the rules (casualty rate) change radically and without notice is ridiculous, and I'm just about ready to delete the game from my iPad.

I started off playing according to the rules/metrics in place and I (obviously) built my strategy around how the game worked. I mean, that's what you do, right? You see how the game works and you create your strategy and tactics to fit. But now, after investing quite a bit of time in the game, all that gets thrown out the window. WTF??

If things return to normal, great. If not, then I'll move on. Life is too short to **** around with games that change the rules on you in mid-play.

As I said before, Gree's brilliant Master Plan to make me quit playing is working like a charm. Good job, guys!

Somehow I can't create a new thread, permission not allowed ...what the heck...since we are on casualty topic...

Do you guys showing the same as I do ? the desert night watchman unit giving out a + 10% bonus casualty rate, from the character detail bonus list....also the fraction health showing a plus bonus too (despite if you view it from the unit it's self and the fraction bonus the description text showing correctly as...so and so "casualty reduction"). That suppose to be MINUS 10%, NOT plus... My fraction health upgrade and my desert night watchman are killing my army.

Alo
04-10-2013, 06:50 AM

what he said. Losing 1-4 units per building raid is normal. If defender is 75-90% of Ur stats then even higher. Started using meatshields a month back. Seems to be working pretty ok so far. Some destroyers go now and then, but mostly meat :)

Philly982
04-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Just wondering if any yes yes players have had a reduction in casualties since Gree lowered the consumption rates for all the units yesterday. I have not had a chance to do much testing due to work schedule, so my sample size is very small. However from my small sample size I am only losing about 1-2 units per attack/raid to much lower ranked rivals rather than the 1-4. I guess this could be an improvement.

YourPastLife
04-10-2013, 07:25 AM

There is a sticky about this, it is a display error according to gree and everything is working fine. I don't know for sure if it is actually working but I will tell you that all bonuses on andriod are shown as a + so my guess is they forgot how they were displaying bonuses on iOS and have some shown as a - and some as a + giving you screwed up looking bonuses

Jammed Up
04-10-2013, 08:19 AM
what he said. Losing 1-4 units per building raid is normal.

It may be normal for you, but it's definitely not normal for some of us. If I attack a player with 1/4 or 1/2 my stats, I don't expect to lose a million dollars worth of gear per hit. I never did before, so why should I be okay with some artificial, behind-the-scenes tampering that causes that to occur now?

What's the point of raiding if you can NEVER EVER gain anything from it? Why even have a "RAID" button at all? Maybe they should rename the "RAID" button to read "LOSE".

If the game had started out for me that way from the beginning that would be one thing, but to make a drastic change like that after I've been playing for a couple of months is a douche move.

DO NOT waste gold on 10 crate events, they are rigged

Lol, the irony here is delicious. Oh yes, the crate events are "rigged", but not the casualty rate. Because drastically increasing the casualty would never make people buy more gold, now would it? lololololol!

To the folks at Gree, please fix this. I'll wait until the end of the week; if it isn't straightened out by then, count me as a former player. I'll sell off all the stuff on my base, donate the money to my top-500 ranked faction, and be done with it.

CJ D
04-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Just wondering if any yes yes players have had a reduction in casualties since Gree lowered the consumption rates for all the units yesterday. I have not had a chance to do much testing due to work schedule, so my sample size is very small. However from my small sample size I am only losing about 1-2 units per attack/raid to much lower ranked rivals rather than the 1-4. I guess this could be an improvement. Philly, it has made a huge improvement. If this rate of consumption is not acceptable to the formerly no-no players, then WOW! What have I been missing out on?!?!?! I have been raiding and attacking since last night, something I could never do before. I think I've lost about half a dozen units so far in about 200 attacks/raids. Who knew this game could be so much fun, I could make so much money, and not have to worry about my stats dropping? This is wonderful! Lol

Alo
04-10-2013, 08:27 AM
It may be normal for you, but it's definitely not normal for some of us. If I attack a player with 1/4 or 1/2 my stats, I don't expect to lose a million dollars worth of gear per hit. I never did before, so why should I be okay with some artificial, behind-the-scenes tampering that causes that to occur now?

What's the point of raiding if you can NEVER EVER gain anything from it? Why even have a "RAID" button at all? Maybe they should rename the "RAID" button to read "LOSE".

If the game had started out for me that way from the beginning that would be one thing, but to make a drastic change like that after I've been playing for a couple of months is a douche move.

Lol, the irony here is delicious. Oh yes, the crate events are "rigged", but not the casualty rate. Because drastically increasing the casualty would never make people buy more gold, now would it? lololololol!

To the folks at Gree, please fix this. I'll wait until the end of the week; if it isn't straightened out by then, count me as a former player. I'll sell off all the stuff on my base, donate the money to my top-500 ranked faction, and be done with it.

well I use meatshields so I wouldnt lose high costing units so much. Yeah during some raids I lose some destroyers too, but mostly meat that I have especially bought for lower end for battle. I know it sucks, it sucks to all of us. I've been playing it too 3,5 months now, but for me the losing has been from beginning. And U really cant imagine how much it hurt during last LTQ when U go and raid someone 3x weaker than U and during guard tower raid U lose destroyer worth of 1,3mil among other things. btw, my IPH is only 250k now, was much less then. Valor units I stopped buying at the beginning. Tried something when gigns opened up...but they died like flies, so no valor units at all any more :D

eayh, crate is rigged, casuality was rigged towards Ur favor, right now its equal to everyone. And no, cause of many errors, hackers running free etc, I wont buy gold here at all. Things would have to change A LOT for that to happen.

Thief
04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Philly, it has made a huge improvement. If this rate of consumption is not acceptable to the formerly no-no players, then WOW! What have I been missing out on?!?!?! I have been raiding and attacking since last night, something I could never do before. I think I've lost about half a dozen units so far in about 200 attacks/raids. Who knew this game could be so much fun, I could make so much money, and not have to worry about my stats dropping? This is wonderful! Lol

Hahaha yea i feel like a champ right now. Hardly loosing any troops per attack now that they have adjust the Consumption rates. Makes you feel like a god amongst men. If this still isn't good enough for those that had the low Casualty Glitch...i really don't know what to say.

bloving
04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Philly, it has made a huge improvement. If this rate of consumption is not acceptable to the formerly no-no players, then WOW! What have I been missing out on?!?!?! I have been raiding and attacking since last night, something I could never do before. I think I've lost about half a dozen units so far in about 200 attacks/raids. Who knew this game could be so much fun, I could make so much money, and not have to worry about my stats dropping? This is wonderful! Lol

And it use to be even better for the "no-no" group (me included)...Now can you understand why so many people immediately started talking about it? They went from losing 1 or 2 units every 300 to 400 attacks...to losing 1 to 4 every attack. I am very glad that everyone is reaping the benefits from this change but I have to warn that we should still change our strategy...more like what the "yes-yes" were doing to survive.

Thief
04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
It will only be a matter of time before Gree changes the Casualty rates back to normal. My suggestion is to take this time and adjust your strategy as Bloving and many others are pointing out.

Also take the opportunity to participate in EVERY event. You don't need to spend money just time collecting indestructible units. A Crate event? Thats 3-4 Units. A Boss event? Thats 15+. An LTQ thats 20+.

Break it down and you can start to build your indestructible army. Yes you will still have casualties but less because your army that can die is a smaller percentage.

Philly982
04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the input CJ D and Thief.....cannot wait until I get off work to join in on the fun while it lasts!

Jammed Up
04-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Break it down and you can start to build your indestructible army.

In other words, "spend money buying colored pixels". Lots and lots of money.

Spectre23
04-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Try not to be such an ass, okay?

HA! There's one such democrat!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Thief
04-10-2013, 04:01 PM
In other words, "spend money buying colored pixels". Lots and lots of money.

No i mentioned nothing about spending Money. I don't spend money on the events outside of WD. Please Re-Read what i posted.

Also take the opportunity to participate in EVERY event. You don't need to spend money just time collecting indestructible units. A Crate event? Thats 3-4 Units. A Boss event? Thats 15+. An LTQ thats 20+.

Break it down and you can start to build your indestructible army. Yes you will still have casualties but less because your army that can die is a smaller percentage.

Gritix
04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
My are just fine, post a recent pic for proof because honestly I feel some are trying to take advantage of Gree.

HunterKiller
04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Hopefully we are all losing around the same amount of casualties now, one of the things that put me off spending gold was that the game was obviously much more difficult for me than for other players, now my casualty rate has been improved I feel much happier about being more active in the game.
I have been attacking and raiding flat out for the last 24 hours and have only been losing my cheap meat shield units, and only maybe one every few attacks, even against people of very equal stats.
Hopefully Gree will leave it like this and I will be a happy customer.

Spectre23
04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
It's fixed one day, not fixed the next. Maybe they're tinkering with it. Either way at the moment it's still too much, and players will choose to leave if it continues. Like most people, I'm just camping for now, putting in an occasional attack just to check, and losing "very low" casualty units (plus have a total of 20% casualty reduction) very, very fast. Not acceptable...

Jammed Up
04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
They've basically wrecked the game for me. I'll probably be abandoning my base within the next day or so and move on.

Thanks for mucking this up, Gree. You did an outstanding job of completely ruining this game for me. Yes, yes, I know- others aren't experiencing this issue. So what? I'm not them and if it's still playable for other people, great. But as for me it's now a "no-win time waster" and I don't play those kinds of games.

Spectre23
04-12-2013, 03:43 PM
They've basically wrecked the game for me. I'll probably be abandoning my base within the next day or so and move on.

Thanks for mucking this up, Gree. You did an outstanding job of completely ruining this game for me. Yes, yes, I know- others aren't experiencing this issue. So what? I'm not them and if it's still payable for other people, great. But as for me it's now a "no-win time waster" and I don't play those kinds of games.

Right on...

Poopenshire
04-12-2013, 03:49 PM
guys a few people here and there are not gonna make a huge difference in this game. you think your leaving will cause Gree to go bankrupt????? Lets talk turkey here guys. Its part of life. move on, learn, play with the new way.

Just ask people will help you adjust, just be prepared for heavy losses until your games settle out. I mean really, who really sat there and believed they got something for nothing? I got a bridge to sell you if you really believe you got it all for free.

Jammed Up
04-12-2013, 04:10 PM
you think your leaving will cause Gree to go bankrupt?????

No, of course not, and I don't think I ever said it would.

I mean really, who really sat there and believed they got something for nothing?

That's not the case at all, as several people have mentioned. It's that people (like me) started out playing, and we played for some time under the rules and conditions we were given. Then we woke up one morning to find the rules had changed radically, and the game was no longer fun for us by whatever standard we use as "fun".

So the question for us is, "Why play a game we no longer enjoy?" If at some point you find that you no longer enjoy playing MW, will you keep playing? Of course not. I've just reached that point a little sooner than you.

As for saying that I "got it all for free", not a chance. I lost plenty of units starting out while I built my army and stats. And I managed to build a pretty decent little account that was getting better and better as I dutifully worked it...until it all went to crap in a heartbeat because Gree started fiddling with the casualty rates.

But like I said above, if some people find the game is still worth playing, that's great. Sadly, I won't be one of them.

Poopenshire
04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Jammed we can help you build a balanced game. that is the fun of it. the challange against the odds. Many of us never gave up and did very well. its never to late to change your tactics. You have to admit you need to change them and start playing differently.

Spectre23
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
guys a few people here and there are not gonna make a huge difference in this game. you think your leaving will cause Gree to go bankrupt????? Lets talk turkey here guys. Its part of life. move on, learn, play with the new way.

Just ask people will help you adjust, just be prepared for heavy losses until your games settle out. I mean really, who really sat there and believed they got something for nothing? I got a bridge to sell you if you really believe you got it all for free.

I have only "low casualty" units and a -20% casualty reduction total. Still, I'm now losing valuable units evert 3-5 attacks instead of the original every 20 attacks; losing valuable units much faster than can be replaced. How is that suppose to "settle out"? I think the number of people unhappy with this is far more than you suggest. It's been enough to catch Gree's attention, that's obvious. They've done some tinkering and have made SOME progress, but clearly more is needed...

Jammed Up
04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
...losing valuable units much faster than can be replaced. How is that suppose to "settle out"?

That's it in a nutshell. By the time this "settles out" for me I'll be left with 100 or so indestructible units that wouldn't protect me from strong breeze.

Maybe they should start selling Surrender Flags along with Barrels and Trees under the "Extras" menu in the game.

Poopenshire
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
That's it in a nutshell. By the time this "settles out" for me I'll be left with 100 or so indestructible units that wouldn't protect me from strong breeze.

Maybe they should start selling Surrender Flags along with Barrels and Trees under the "Extras" menu in the game.

There is your first problem. Only 100 IND units. How long have you been playing this game? I was able to get over 500 with out spending a dime, yes it took me a year to do, but it was a foundation for my game. Yes as well many were not huge stat items but they are IND and help build your army.

Guys you need to listen to me. I built an army stronger than most of you No Nos out there with these casualty rates, and worse. its possible you just have to try and listen. play the game for the long term.

Jammed Up
04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
There is your first problem. Only 100 IND units. How long have you been playing this game?

1) That was a guesstimate; I counted and found I have ~122 IND units. These are all from the last two WD events, and scratch tickets, plus some from quests and what not.

2) I've been playing for about 2 months or so. I have an attack of ~50K and defense of ~62K, with 7400+ units.

3) I'm not sure I'm interested in starting all over and slogging it out for however long it takes to claw my way back up to where I was. As it is I feel like most of the time I've spent has been wasted now.

If Gree gets the casualty rate back to some semblance of "normal" for me, then maybe I'll keep at it. Otherwise probably not.

bloving
04-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Jammed, I have to agree with Poop. I was one of the "no-no's" and the first time the casualty rate changed a couple of weeks ago, I was devastated. I immediately stopped buying valor units...just let the valor pile up. I bought a couple of high cash items and maybe four gold units (not expensive ones) and then started hitting really, really low players...one at a time to see how my loss was. If it's too much, I stopped...focused on the missions, upgraded some cash buildings, bought some more cash units that Poop and others have recommended. I do every event where I can get indestructible units, no matter what their points are. They will replace your valor. Slowly I've built back up and with this last event I got a truckload of indestructible units. I swear I went from losing 1 to 4 units in every attack to basically 1 every 10 or so attacks. I have so much valor built up now that I just replace the unit that was lost with 2....they are my meatshields now. I also dropped my allies list down closer to 500, it changes your rival list. I did go down a little in a/d at first but now I'm back better than before. And....it's only been since the first time the casualty rate changed a couple of weeks ago. I didn't completely start over but I did change how I approach things.

Burnt
04-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Nice work, Bloving. And a success story from a yes-yess'r. Last night, I needed 600k to upgrade my Curragh facility, but was in a major need for some Z's. I decided to try this thing you former no-no'rs refer to as "attacking". After 10 attacks, I won 1.3 mil and only lost one unit. It was like my Birthday or something.
Jammed, I have to agree with Poop. I was one of the "no-no's" and the first time the casualty rate changed a couple of weeks ago, I was devastated. I immediately stopped buying valor units...just let the valor pile up. I bought a couple of high cash items and maybe four gold units (not expensive ones) and then started hitting really, really low players...one at a time to see how my loss was. If it's too much, I stopped...focused on the missions, upgraded some cash buildings, bought some more cash units that Poop and others have recommended. I do every event where I can get indestructible units, no matter what their points are. They will replace your valor. Slowly I've built back up and with this last event I got a truckload of indestructible units. I swear I went from losing 1 to 4 units in every attack to basically 1 every 10 or so attacks. I have so much valor built up now that I just replace the unit that was lost with 2....they are my meatshields now. I also dropped my allies list down closer to 500, it changes your rival list. I did go down a little in a/d at first but now I'm back better than before. And....it's only been since the first time the casualty rate changed a couple of weeks ago. I didn't completely start over but I did change how I approach things.

bloving
04-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Nice work, Bloving. And a success story from a yes-yess'r. Last night, I needed 600k to upgrade my Curragh facility, but was in a major need for some Z's. I decided to try this thing you former no-no'rs refer to as "attacking". After 10 attacks, I won 1.3 mil and only lost one unit. It was like my Birthday or something.

Thanks Burnt! Better watch it or that "attacking" will become addictive especially when you hit those guys that give you 300 k every hit...Nice! I feel invincible then. :)

Spectre23
04-14-2013, 03:25 PM
They've tweaked it some, but people are still losing even low casualty units much faster than they can be replaced. It's a recipe for players departing en masse. Back to camping, will wait and see if they finally do fix it...

-TANGO-
04-14-2013, 03:47 PM
They've tweaked it some, but people are still losing even low casualty units much faster than they can be replaced. It's a recipe for players departing en masse. Back to camping, will wait and see if they finally do fix it...

Please. Ain't nobody leaving that will be missed. Those that matter have put too much in the pot to fold now, just see how the cards lay.

JMC
04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
We managed with 1-3 casualties every single attack. If you guys can't manage with 1 casualty every 5 attacks (AKA still on average 10x less casualties we've been dealing with all year) then you are doing it wrong.

Stop complaining and learn how to play effectively. GJ to bloving for doing so.