PDA

View Full Version : How are Factions matched up during battle?

SPARKS
04-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows or has any info on how factions are matched up during battle. Is it based on defense leader stats, number of members, total stats, or just random. Wanted to know so I can make some changes in my faction. If you are looking for a decent faction 101st Airborne Company 219-241-140, if not at least add 516-338-089 level 110 and 326-532-571 level 135.

Thanks

Deano
04-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Thats a very good question that Ive been pondering myself. During China my faction was pitted against top 10 factions when we weren't even in the top 500. Then when we were in the top 250 we were pitted against weaker factions. It seems like it's a little bit random but I am interested to know if anyone knows the answer.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-08-2013, 06:41 AM
I'm not sure exactly how they are matched up, but I will say that by Saturday our faction (McGurt) was getting matched up with other Top 10 factions almost consistently. Considering we were ~ #25 in the past it would seem the system takes into account current, not past, strength.

I am going to take a stab at it and say the system looks at total faction attack and defense for a few minutes, then randomly assigns the next highest or lowest tiered faction so people don't sit around for 10 minutes doing nothing.

Paisthecoolest
04-08-2013, 07:10 AM
I would love an official answer to this question.

My faction is debating another guild increase, but fear that it will lead to being matched against more difficult factions.

It certainly seems that as the event progresses you get matched up against factions closer to your own faction's strength.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
I would love an official answer to this question.

My faction is debating another guild increase, but fear that it will lead to being matched against more difficult factions.

It certainly seems that as the event progresses you get matched up against factions closer to your own faction's strength.

Unless you want to go for top 10, why bother?

And, if you want to go for top 10, don't!!!!!!

If you're gonna waste gold (exchanging real money for fake gold), buy fake gold and purchase fake gold units directly.

WD is a waste of time, effort, and money.

Take the easy road, if that's what you want, because those rankings are fake too.

Drama Llama
04-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Unless you want to go for top 10, why bother?

And, if you want to go for top 10, don't!!!!!!

If you're gonna waste gold (exchanging real money for fake gold), buy fake gold and purchase fake gold units directly.

WD is a waste of time, effort, and money.

Take the easy road, if that's what you want, because those rankings are fake too.

This post is rather like the free players bashing the heavy gold spenders in reverse, judging form your own position rather than trying to see it from another's point of view ...or perhaps you are actually just putting on your poker face as usual :)

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 08:40 AM
He's not wrong. I dread to think the amount of vaults per person it took to reach top ten in China compared with a top 25 finish.5/6?

All for a extra unit with 5k stats!! Logical decision was to abandon top ten, coast to 25 and go with the 2 piece LE sets. Two vaults buys you 7 LE sets which at the very LEAST was worth 7k stats.