PDA

View Full Version : Save some money for big upgrades?

A3OT
04-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Hello all!

I was dreaming a lot about upgrading my Arctic Mining Rig to lvl 2, but every day I want to do it more and more...It needs 170mill to upgrade, but I have only 80mill for now, everything goes well, nobody attacks me(56k Defense on lvl 57), but every day, when I get more and more money, it is harder to find me rich players...there are only players with only 200IPH on my rival list and no more...if player has some LE buildings that wasn't colected or raided-it is a big luck for me...

So, can you please say me some secrets about money collecting with good ending, how do you find rich players and so on.

For now I have 535IPH...

Thank you.

marko101
04-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Do cheaper upgrades first! I don't attack for income as unit loses don't make it profitable. Upgrade the new le buildings as they are fairly cheap and upgrade times are short.

WI(AusNz)
04-08-2013, 04:09 AM
A good IPH helps to save large amounts so try building up smaller money buildings first - like the Nano tech buildling.

Before they changed the rival list algorithm, it was possible to sit on say 70 allies and save quickly within about 3-4 days. Since they changed it, rivals with 1000+ allies can attack you. so that strategy no longer works.

I am 1.5mil IPH and have never saved more than 150mil because the attacks are too much after that. here are my tips:
* build smaller money buildings first to increase overall IPH. I recommend ore mines, nano techs and oil rigs.
* Upgrade your vault to 90mil (this will take time obviously).
* Get both your nano techs to level 3 minimum.

Save 90mil with the vault and try to save as much as you can outside the vault. if you cannot make your overall goal of 170 mil, sell your nano tech buildings for 25mil each (thats 50mil instant) this tip can generate instant 140 mil wihtout over reaching the vault. you need to save the remaining 30mil outside the vault.

buy back your Nano's as quickly as possible. with the new income from you AMR, you should be able to get your Nanos back to level 3 fairly quickly.

If you are outside your vault, try to raise the money within 3 days maximum!! Any longer than 3 days, rivals start to find you and pay you regular visits.

Highland Cam
04-08-2013, 04:22 AM
I'd add one further point - get your cement factory to level 10 as quickly as possible. For the really expensive upgrades it will be well worth it (from your figure above I'm guessing yours isn't quite fully upgraded yet but could be wrong)

A3OT
04-08-2013, 04:25 AM
A good IPH helps to save large amounts so try building up smaller money buildings first - like the Nano tech buildling.

Before they changed the rival list algorithm, it was possible to sit on say 70 allies and save quickly within about 3-4 days. Since they changed it, rivals with 1000+ allies can attack you. so that strategy no longer works.

I am 1.5mil IPH and have never saved more than 150mil because the attacks are too much after that. here are my tips:
* build smaller money buildings first to increase overall IPH. I recommend ore mines, nano techs and oil rigs.
* Upgrade your vault to 90mil (this will take time obviously).
* Get both your nano techs to level 3 minimum.

Save 90mil with the vault and try to save as much as you can outside the vault. if you cannot make your overall goal of 170 mil, sell your nano tech buildings for 25mil each (thats 50mil instant) this tip can generate instant 140 mil wihtout over reaching the vault. you need to save the remaining 30mil outside the vault.

buy back your Nano's as quickly as possible. with the new income from you AMR, you should be able to get your Nanos back to level 3 fairly quickly.

If you are outside your vault, try to raise the money within 3 days maximum!! Any longer than 3 days, rivals start to find you and pay you regular visits.
Well, I can collect 170 with no problem with my vault...I collected 80 mill in 3 days...but As I said, I can't find any rich players...

sparckle
04-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Buy fake money with real money. Then proceed to upgrade fake buildings that produce fake cash.

WI(AusNz)
04-08-2013, 04:49 AM
I'd add one further point - get your cement factory to level 10 as quickly as possible. For the really expensive upgrades it will be well worth it (from your figure above I'm guessing yours isn't quite fully upgraded yet but could be wrong)
Thanks for adding that. It is a very good point. Mine is at level 10 and luckily did it before the anni centre came out. Was worth investing the time and money!

Sparckle - humorous post but this thread is not about the psychology of why people play this game. I believe there is already a thread set up for that somewhere.

WI(AusNz)
04-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Well, I can collect 170 with no problem with my vault...I collected 80 mill in 3 days...but As I said, I can't find any rich players...
What you described is similar to what i find. Raiding is a slow process. I can make anywhere between 3 and 6 mil per 50 stemina in raids but it will take about an hour or more to find it. Dont attack anyone that has the slightest potential of attacking you back. Last thing you want is to be on a newsfeed of a disgruntled rival who take you hard earn money back.
Apart from that, i dont have any more tips.

Highland Cam
04-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Thanks for adding that. It is a very good point. Mine is at level 10 and luckily did it before the anni centre came out. Was worth investing the time and money!

I did the same and very glad I did. More by luck than design though!!

Durt McGurt
04-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Plant a forrest of trees.....call in the Ax Men and chop down that forrest...takes time, but works.

2nd dan
04-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Haha I need 1.4 billion to upgrade mine from 5-6 :)

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 05:10 AM
buy fake money with real money. Then proceed to upgrade fake buildings that produce fake cash.

lol. Nail on the head.

WI(AusNz)
04-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Plant a forrest of trees.....call in the Ax Men and chop down that forrest...takes time, but works.
would need to be a forest. The most expensive tree is 50K which can be sold for 25K. you need 40 trees just to save a mil. You need 40x100 = 4000 to make a decent total!

How many trees can you plant in an hour?

Josh611
04-08-2013, 06:10 AM
You can use defense buildings as extra cash as well. It's not much but every little bit can help to get to your goal.

Highland Cam
04-08-2013, 06:11 AM
How many trees can you plant in an hour?

Surely the more pertinent question is how many can you chop down in an hour?! If it takes ages you might end up getting hit while doing it - kinda defeating the point somewhat!!

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 06:54 AM

The very thought of doing this fills me with sheer unadulterated dread. But hey, desperate times..

Paisthecoolest
04-08-2013, 07:07 AM
I think your question is different from what everyone is answering.
Are you wondering why when you have a lot of money you cannot find anyone to raid and when you have no money it is easy to find people to raid?
This is certainly my experience. I wish I had an answer

marko101
04-08-2013, 07:10 AM

Lmao I remember doing this to get my nanos so long ago!!!

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Lmao I remember doing this to get my nanos so long ago!!!

Ah yes the nanos, I had almost forgotten about them. Those were the good old days, before the release of a singular building which rendered every other completely obsolete.

Durt McGurt
04-08-2013, 07:24 AM
The very thought of doing this fills me with sheer unadulterated dread. But hey, desperate times..

When the AC's came out my IPH was only around 400k. By planting and then chopping down an entire forrest I was able to get a pair of all the LTO buildings. Does it suck doing?...Yes Does it work?...Yes
I plant in 14x10 plots, so each plot is 3.5 mill.
Of course you need some extra land to make it worth it

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
When the AC's came out my IPH was only around 400k. By planting and then chopping down an entire forrest I was able to get a pair of all the LTO buildings. Does it suck doing?...Yes Does it work?...Yes

I wasn't knocking it mate, I am in no doubt of it's merits. I simply do not possess the patience or mental fortitude to undertake it. Not to mention the Herculean task of moving trees around with fat fingers on a iPhone screen lol

WI(AusNz)
04-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Based on the time it takes to chop a single tree down (around 8 seconds), chopping 4000 trees to get $100mil will take just under 9 hours assuming you are at it continuously with no breaks. it doesnt work. You are likely to be attacked within that time and loose a proportion of that money. best way is to:
1. build your vault
2. upgrade nano to level 3 with the intention to sell them for the limited buildings
3. upgrade your cement factory
4. sell your defence buildings.

American Capitalist
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
My strategy is to upgrade the most expensive building possible without having to save up for too long. I'd say you should get to level 60 and buy nanotech. Upgrading that with the Oil Rig should give you a decent IPH boost.