PDA

View Full Version : Limited edition buildings - idea

Sok82
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I was thinking it would be interesting if Gree made the LE buildings available via gold purchase after they're no longer available via cash. I guess they wouldnt technically be "limited edition" buildings if gree did this, but they would be "limited" in the sense that theyre only available via cash for a short period of time, then they cost real money.

I have all of the LE buildings myself, but several newer players in my faction never had the opportunity to get them, and I know they'd be willing to pay $$$ to have them.

Thoughts?

Chris5900
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM
This is a good idea. But most likely these buildings would be extremely expensive in gold value.

Sok82
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
The gold price could be dynamic, and based on your IpH. So if the original building costed $100M, then the gold (real money) cost would be however much it costs to buy $100M with your credit card.

soulnmysole
04-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Terrible idea.. plain and simple.

They are limited edition buildings for a reason.. stop asking Gree to ruin the integrity of them.

If you missed out on past building, too bad. Just be happy that Gree is releasing LE buildings each WD event

-TANGO-
04-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Yes I agree, terrible idea. They would no longer be "limited" edition buildings and more "limited for a little while until we re-release them at a later date" edition buildings.

Sok82
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow, calm down there buddy. I was saying it would be an interesting business decision for Gree as another reason for players to buy gold. I realize it alters the integrity of the LE building concept, but MW is a business as well as a game, and it would make sense for them to consider it from a $$$ perspective.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Well they could just forgo the LE label on the buildings and then re-introduce them. Problem solved.

aether100
04-07-2013, 05:16 PM
What they should do is release a gold version of every building released so far . It would produce 100% more, look 1000% cooler and make Gree 10000% richer

King little fruit fly
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
I am waiting for LE buildings cost like 50 million fake game cash, not fake gold.

WI(AusNz)
04-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Gree walks a fine line between giving gold players a quick advantage while not alienating anybody who plays for free but are potential gold players in the future. keep it in-game cash.

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Gree walks a fine line between giving gold players a quick advantage while not alienating anybody who plays for free but are potential gold players in the future. keep it in-game cash.

I think that ship has sailed mate

dougnichols
04-08-2013, 06:29 AM
I am pretty sure that they recycle buildings as much as possible. Probably to save on the graphics cost. For example both the Villa and the Jinai Facility are in game map buildings.

Kyle51
04-08-2013, 06:31 AM
I think that ship has sailed mate

I agree with you. In this "FREE" game if you don't hack or spend your years salary and life savings on gold then you get absolutely ****d plain and simple. What I think would make more business sense is to drop the price of gold or drop the gold price of items in the game. Yes this may reduce the tens of thousands a few people pay, but it would turn TONS more people into gold buyers. Or take money out completely and let strategy take over... But that's $$ out of their pockets and not going to happen...