PDA

View Full Version : Gree please explain the Free gold due to bonus automation problems

honest Abe
04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
I would like gree to address the massive amounts of free gold that they accidentally gave to people when the automated system messed up. I know of several that got 100-200k worth. This is across app and as people can see there is a thread started by jobadass in cc on this (search free gold). The hackers were bad enough, this seriously unbalances the game. I have seen people's stats pop hundreds of thougands on this. If gree doesn't deal with the free, I'm going to call iTunes and get mine free too. Btw, this is not the users fault, this is squarely on gree. I think a post from gree on this is more than appropriate and warranted. Please tell us how you are going to handle this as I feel like I live in Argentina with hyperinflation and the bank is closed.

Ranger4Life
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I agree! This needs to be addressed and needs to be addressed ASAP!

ProCision
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Like all things this has already been swept under the rug. Everybody I know has already spent 90% of the free gree gold they got on sets, crates and scratchers. Talk about getting a free golden army. Do you really think gree can sort this out? The gold is gone, can they prove if it was the free gold that got the units or the real money gold that got the units? case closed move on to a different game. Green might give you 100 free gold and say they're sorry.

BigD@wg
04-07-2013, 02:56 PM
I sent a ticket into support regarding this issue. I got one of the usual, less than satisfactory responses.

No free gold and no sorry! Lol

Poopenshire
04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I expect a compensation. I got a measely 100 gold. Seriously folks. We already know you cannot delete units. How do you plan to fix this? As a paying customer I do deserve an answer.

JMS
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I am waiting to hear this response. The only two options are rollback or compensating the rest of us. Status quo doesn't work. And if its compensation I'd like gree to extend the two unit set for me to buy another 200 sets... :-) I suspect that given gold=revenue for gree (who is a public company and although this may or may not rise to the level of an 8k issue this is a material impairment to the intellectual property they bought from funzio), this is a very serious issue.

Sok82
04-07-2013, 03:33 PM
"(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage"

It's technically a violation of the terms of service to exploit what was an obvious error on Gree's part. Gree would be well within their rights to reset any account that spent massive amounts of gold during the time the bug occurred.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM
A pleasant surprise for a handful of fortunate players while a nasty shock for all the others.

Gree's competence was questionable from the outset. As time passed, its incompetence became more obvious. Gree's agenda for a short-term gain rather than longevity also became more apparent. In spite of all this, nothing seemed to be learned by the players that regularly nourish this machine.

Part of life's lesson is to learn from one's mistakes. Let this fiasco be your mistake rather than Gree's. That way you may learn something from it.

Golf4life
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM
exploitation implies knowledge that one could exploit. most of the players that received the gold believe they deserved it.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I expect a compensation. I got a measely 100 gold. Seriously folks. We already know you cannot delete units. How do you plan to fix this? As a paying customer I do deserve an answer.

Your payment entitles you to no more than what you paid for. Gree may answer you out of courtesy but has no duty to do so.

"(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage"

It's technically a violation of the terms of service to exploit what was an obvious error on Gree's part. Gree would be well within their rights to reset any account that spent massive amounts of gold during the time the bug occurred.

Gree has discretion. It is entirely different to an obligation.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Besides, Gree prohibits us from even discussing these decisions. Be careful people.

Before you ask, no, I know nothing about any of this. I mind my own business.

Golf4life
04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Besides, Gree prohibits us from even discussing these decisions. Be careful people.

same here, ignorance is bliss

BigD@wg
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM

So what do you know about this? :) I couldn't help myself. Lol

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 03:50 PM
So what do you know about this? :) I couldn't help myself. LolIn the famous words of SGT Schultz, "I know nussing!"

Sok82
04-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Your payment entitles you to no more than what you paid for. Gree may answer you out of courtesy but has no duty to do so.

Gree has discretion. It is entirely different to an obligation.

I understand that, sparckle. I didnt say they had to do anything. I simply said they would be justified if they chose to reset the accounts.

Golf, i seriously doubt anyone who got 100k worth of gold didnt immediately realize it was an error.

JMS
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Hahaha, pj. That one was good, loved that show. This is, however, a very serious issue that needs resolution and far worse than the brazil unit distribution problems. Sort of like a mountain and a molehill..

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Hahaha, pj. That one was good, loved that show. This is, however, a very serious issue that needs resolution and far worse than the brazil unit distribution problems. Sort of like a mountain and a molehill..Well, don't say I didn't try and warn you.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I understand that, sparckle. I didnt say they had to do anything. I simply said they would be justified if they chose to reset the accounts.

Golf, i seriously doubt anyone who got 100k worth of gold didnt immediately realize it was an error.

Those accounts have been unfairly tempted into breaching the rules that you claim to be in effect. Resetting their accounts isn't a fair solution either.

Golf4life
04-07-2013, 04:06 PM

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Most of the people on the forums (or playing this game) don't understand the difference between their, there and they're. It would be hard-pressed for me to believe they can count as well.

Sok82
04-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Those accounts have been unfairly tempted into breaching the rules that you claim to be in effect. Resetting their accounts isn't a fair solution either.

Im not claiming those rules are in place, Im copying and pasting them from the terms of use page. However Gree chooses to respond is up to them, but they've left themselves the leeway to respond however harshly or leniently they please.

ucantwin1
04-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I have to beg to get a ticket answered. Got vaults of cash that disappear instantly and takes 2 or 3 weeks to get deposited correctly.... People getting 250 k gold just randomly dropped into their accts!? WFJ

Major Silverback
04-07-2013, 04:28 PM
This is just very depressing to paying customers!

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Im not claiming those rules are in place, Im copying and pasting them from the terms of use page. However Gree chooses to respond is up to them, but they've left themselves the leeway to respond however harshly or leniently they please.

Whether the act of spending the gold that was accidentally given breaches that particular term is also a question to consider. Those players had not partaken in the causation of the error so I believe they are innocent.

-TANGO-
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Whether the act of spending the gold that was accidentally given breaches that particular term is also a question to consider. Those players had not partaken in the causation of the error so I believe they are innocent.

Yes I agree. If,however, this issue effects those players using real money as it has done in China by inflating WD point brackets then the issue must be addressed for the greater good. There is no innocence in any of this I suspect.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:56 PM
^ It affects everyone. The future of MW is unpredictable. You didn't spend money knowing what was over the horizon. You spent money for a short-term gain.

The_Don
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
This is just very depressing to paying customers!

Yes, it is.

Duesouth
04-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Most of the people on the forums (or playing this game) don't understand the difference between their, there and they're. It would be hard-pressed for me to believe they can count as well.

Their you go !!'

Mr. J
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM

Wow. Sparckle, you have a interesting view point. If, let's say, a bank made an error and deposited $1MM into my account in error and I spent it, I don't believe the answer would be "gosh, I didn't make the error, so not my problem". If a player could truly receive this significant amount of gold and not realize it was an error then we need to bring Flan back as he is the smartest guy in this Idiocracy we have here.

Gritix
04-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Pics or never happened :P

hombre
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM

who in they're right mind would claim such thing?

sparckle
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Wow. Sparckle, you have a interesting view point. If, let's say, a bank made an error and deposited $1MM into my account in error and I spent it, I don't believe the answer would be "gosh, I didn't make the error, so not my problem". If a player could truly receive this significant amount of gold and not realize it was an error then we need to bring Flan back as he is the smartest guy in this Idiocracy we have here.

Your analogy is flawed. If a bank accidentally deposits $1m into someone's account and that person spent it, the bank may have legal recourse to recover that amount because it can prove losses were suffered.

Gree suffers no loss. Its currency is self-generated and has no market value. It may remove the gold that was accidentally given, but only if Gree can be bothered to do that. But that is besides the point. If Gree does not act, then what can you do?

procsyzarc
04-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Worst part is those of us who were meant to get gold are still waiting and being ignored.

I know a few have already got sick of waiting and gotten refunds from Itunes, Itunes told them that they do huge number of refunds on Gree games. One even got a refund 25% higher than what he paid for the hassle (not really sure how itunes can do this but I wouldn't complain)

Sok82
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Your analogy is flawed. If a bank accidentally deposits $1m into someone's account and that person spent it, the bank may have legal recourse to recover that amount because it can prove losses were suffered.

Gree suffers no loss. Its currency is self-generated and has no market value. It may remove the gold that was accidentally given, but only if Gree can be bothered to do that. But that is besides the point. If Gree does not act, then what can you do?

Sure gree suffers losses, although they may not be as tangible as in the bank analogy. The integrity of the game is diminished, loyal customers are upset and may not continue to play as much as before, the players who benefitted from the bug now have no need to spend their money on gold. All of these are consequences that could affect gree's bottom line and would justify a firm response. Just because Gree can create gold from thin air doesnt mean there arent damages that could affect their business.

Speed ump
04-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Sparkle, hard to believe someone does not see this as exploitation of a glitch. If it were done on purpose by gree, its not exploitation. The tos explicitly states thats using errors to your favor, or even telling others about the error can be considered against their terms. Yes, using the gold you knew was not legitamtly due you would definilty fall into that category, its not even a shade of grey. Black and white, plain and simple. I remeber ow much people complained when players got multiple wd event units after the first event.

mxz
04-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Bump your bonus tickets every time it comes back with the automated response. Eventually Kristin will handle it. It took me 20 days to get a missing vault credited...I can't imagine having to go through thousands of players' inventories to correct this in just a few days. Remember that this happened on, what, Friday? Let the poor girl have a drink this weekend, she deserves it for the problems this script is causing her.

King little fruit fly
04-07-2013, 07:37 PM
@op, if you know someone was mistakenly award thousand of golds, please post a picture. I only got 100 gold bars like everyone here. :mad: And I think I deserve more like a few million free golds. ;)

nic4msu
04-07-2013, 09:58 PM
So NOW I know where the rest of my bonus went! The least they could have done was give mine to someone else in my faction, LOL!

justsomedood5
04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Worst part is those of us who were meant to get gold are still waiting and being ignored.

I know a few have already got sick of waiting and gotten refunds from Itunes, Itunes told them that they do huge number of refunds on Gree games. One even got a refund 25% higher than what he paid for the hassle (not really sure how itunes can do this but I wouldn't complain)

Any idea how far back they'll do refunds? For example, could I get refunds from the past 3 months of purchases?

sparckle
04-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Sparkle, hard to believe someone does not see this as exploitation of a glitch. If it were done on purpose by gree, its not exploitation. The tos explicitly states thats using errors to your favor, or even telling others about the error can be considered against their terms. Yes, using the gold you knew was not legitamtly due you would definilty fall into that category, its not even a shade of grey. Black and white, plain and simple. I remeber ow much people complained when players got multiple wd event units after the first event.

Well that's terrible for gold spenders like you isn't it? Fortune for some is misfortune for others. After all, more imbalance to an imbalanced game won't hurt right?

There is no hope of Gree reversing the error. MW is only one of many revenue generators for Gree. It's expendable. If it wasn't, great care would have been taken before the fact. No shades of grey. Just black and white, plain and simple.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Sure gree suffers losses, although they may not be as tangible as in the bank analogy. The integrity of the game is diminished, loyal customers are upset and may not continue to play as much as before, the players who benefitted from the bug now have no need to spend their money on gold. All of these are consequences that could affect gree's bottom line and would justify a firm response. Just because Gree can create gold from thin air doesnt mean there arent damages that could affect their business.

Yes that is true. But the question is: is this loss unbearable by Gree?

heal
04-07-2013, 11:50 PM
How many players benefited from this mistake? Does anyone have an idea? No one in my faction mentioned getting a heap of gold.

mickymacirl
04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Apparently, one person has gotten 510,000 gold for free, and his stats have jumped over 1m att and def.

procsyzarc
04-08-2013, 12:02 AM
How many players benefited from this mistake? Does anyone have an idea? No one in my faction mentioned getting a heap of gold.

Will never know since those who did will keep quiet.

Customer service from Gree is really unreal, can't imagine any other company that would **** up this bad and not say a word especially when just giving an update would stop a large number of the refund requests.

-TANGO-
04-08-2013, 02:08 AM

I know with absolute certainty a fellow faction member received 12500 gold instead of the 2500 gold bonus they were due. Needless to say they spent it immediately.Drop in the ocean that is compared to some figures I have heard floating about.

I am told someone in a faction that shall remain nameless around the top 50 area got 150k gold instead of the 15k bonus, but I cannot confirm. I think we expect more hugely inflated scores in Ireland, so much so that attempting a top ten finish would be tantamount to idiocy at this point or just sheer stubbornness.

hombre
04-08-2013, 02:19 AM
*new bonus program subscribers skyrocket*

sparckle
04-08-2013, 04:45 AM
I know of two instances where players were refunded everything they spent since they started playing! Both had played for over a year and had trouble accessing their games and couldn't get a response from Gree. Apple refunded them everything they had spent on the game, which was in the thousands of dollars! Gree has serious Customere Service issues!

That's good to know. Even paying players can play this game for free.

2nd dan
04-08-2013, 05:13 AM
I received mine unfortunately mine was correct but like you say others not have a huge advantage so how r they to balence it out???

ProCision
04-08-2013, 05:44 AM
I know of two instances where players were refunded everything they spent since they started playing! Both had played for over a year and had trouble accessing their games and couldn't get a response from Gree. Apple refunded them everything they had spent on the game, which was in the thousands of dollars! Gree has serious Customere Service issues!

Not just Apple but Google will also refund EVERYTHING. It seems all you have to do is just say Gree or Funzio or Modern War and they are happy to help you.

SARDAX
04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Makes me feel really good buying about 500 vaults over the past year and a half , and Gree gives it away? To people non deserving of it.
Hey Gree take care of your major gold spenders. This isn't settling well with me at all, What would happen if your major gold buyers quit buying gold?
THINK ABOUT THAT GREED. MAYBE A CALL TO APPLE MIGHT HELP

SARDAX
04-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I made a mistake it's approx 5000 vaults.
Does anyone know the phone number to apple or google?

Arnaud
04-08-2013, 08:39 AM

You're spending over 10K per month on this game?!?!?

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 08:41 AM
You're spending over 10K per month on this game?!?!?

Pssst, there are people spending over $50,000 a month on this game.

ProCision
04-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know the phone number to apple or google?

No phone number needed, they use email.

Arnaud
04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Pssst, there are people spending over $50,000 a month on this game.

I'll never get it, but this is another discussion...

Dogs Pizza
04-08-2013, 08:59 AM
if you get a refund does gree kill your account once they figure it out?

I feel with the way MW has gone out of balance due to errors on Gree's end I feel a refund may be in order if they do not fix it. But I continue to play KA and MQ and those games have remained properly run and thus a refund would not be in order on money spent there.

ProCision
04-08-2013, 09:06 AM
if you get a refund does gree kill your account once they figure it out?

I feel with the way MW has gone out of balance due to errors on Gree's end I feel a refund may be in order if they do not fix it. But I continue to play KA and MQ and those games have remained properly run and thus a refund would not be in order on money spent there.

test it out and report back

senex morosus
04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
I know someone who got 140k gold and he didnt even spend $500 in the game since he started playing. Wont rat him out but GREE please fix your system er the entire game please.

jjm521
04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
For the same reason you dont see hackers getting banned even after being reported multiple times (been there done that), you wont see anything happen here either. This is actually good for Gree (i might even call it an intentional glitch) because they know the rest if us dumbarses will just buy even more gold to keep pace with hackers and glitchers. Pretty smart business model if you ask me

JMS
04-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Chirp chirp

Speed ump
04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Sparky, actually that free gold is good for me. I like to hit the stronger players myself. They think they are so untouchable, and they cry harder than the ones that are expecting it because of their stats.

Ranger4Life
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Sparky, actually that free gold is good for me. I like to hit the stronger players myself. They think they are so untouchable, and they cry harder than the ones that are expecting it because of their stats.

You must be in BP heaven with all the new targets. Time to bump that highest BP ever thread. hehe

JMS
04-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I assume its in all the games

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50849-If-you-used-the-quot-free-quot-gold...&highlight=Free+gold

CJ54
04-08-2013, 12:45 PM
I assume its in all the games

It is not, it was a small subset of people. We are addressing this right now.

MerlinBlack
04-08-2013, 12:52 PM
It would be greatly appreciated by all if you let us know the outcome.
Thanks in advance.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
As a small way of showing your loyal customers some appreciation, how about a buy one, get one free sale event?

Thief
04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
As a small way of showing your loyal customers some appreciation, how about a buy one, get one free sale event?

Would be better if they just did 50% off.
That way gree doesn't need to figure out how to distribute the "free" Gold

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Would be better if they just did 50% off.
That way gree doesn't need to figure out how to distribute the "free" Gold

I almost lost my mouthful of bloody mary. LOL

andrew_beeman@yahoo.com
04-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Honestly, how many vaults of gold do you have to buy to get the bonuse anyhow? I've bought a lot and never recieved my bonus... And when I look at how much I'm getting charged per vault I think they don't know how to calc tax because a lot of times I spend "$79.99" and get charged like 95

JMS
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Thank you cj. We all know a bunch of people that this happened to so we will all know whether it is reversed. I assume this is going to have to be by hand as lots of it was spent and given gold=revenue for parentcorp you guys prob have a swat team working on it.

Ranger4Life
04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Honestly, how many vaults of gold do you have to buy to get the bonuse anyhow? I've bought a lot and never recieved my bonus... And when I look at how much I'm getting charged per vault I think they don't know how to calc tax because a lot of times I spend "$79.99" and get charged like 95

There are tiers based on how many vaults (now total $) you purchase in a month. The lowest tier was 5 vaults (now $500). You will need to email support and ask to be enrolled in the bonus program. Put "Gold Bonus" in the subject.

Thief
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I almost lost my mouthful of bloody mary. LOL

Glad i can entertain PJ
What else can we do but laugh in circumstances like these. Sure we can get mad...but what is the point?

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Glad i can entertain PJ
What else can we do but laugh in circumstances like these. Sure we can get mad...but what is the point?

Yes, I love to laugh.

It beats crying. LOL

Milspec1
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
What is this crying thing you speak of? What is it?

Yes, I love to laugh.

It beats crying. LOL

Rex1
04-08-2013, 03:21 PM
If you take away all of the gold that you mistakenly game to several people they are going to be mad.
If you let them keep it a whole lot more are going to be mad.
If you just match what you gave the person that got the most and give that amount to everyone then all will be Happy Happy Happy!!!

Just my 2 cents

upinthelbc
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM

WHAT!!! If an error to your banking account and you spend all the money you dont think there are reprecutions, and you dont think that the person that spent the money is at fault??? Those go along the same lines.

jjm521
04-08-2013, 04:00 PM
WHAT!!! If an error to your banking account and you spend all the money you dont think there are reprecutions, and you dont think that the person that spent the money is at fault??? Those go along the same lines.
Unless you're the CEO of a large investment bank, then you just get even more money

Ghost614
04-08-2013, 04:02 PM
If you take away all of the gold that you mistakenly game to several people they are going to be mad.
If you let them keep it a whole lot more are going to be mad.
If you just match what you gave the person that got the most and give that amount to everyone then all will be Happy Happy Happy!!!

Just my 2 cents

agree completely!!!

JMS
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
This honestly makes no sense. Not even sure what you were trying to say. Btw, true investment banks don't take deposits, they hold securities. The only money investment banks lost was their shareholders. But we get off topic...
Unless you're the CEO of a large investment bank, then you just get even more money

andypandy2
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I finally got my Top 3 in Faction prize! Thanks, Gree! About time.

jjm521
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
This honestly makes no sense. Not even sure what you were trying to say. Btw, true investment banks don't take deposits, they hold securities. The only money investment banks lost was their shareholders. But we get off topic...
Technicalities aside, i was obviously taking a shot at the Richard Fulds of the world, of which there are too many.

JMS
04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Still no action by gree on this...

procsyzarc
04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
No will be swept under the carpet like everything else. Meanwhile those of us who have spent thousands on the game are now being farmed by people who were mistakenly given 100's of thousands of free gold

sparckle
04-09-2013, 08:17 PM
^ Up the ante or cop it on the chin. Crying ain't going to solve problems.

FLYNN37
04-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Where does this stand now? Do these people still have the gold that was mistakenly credited to their accounts, or has Gree figured out a way to claw it back?

Philly982
04-10-2013, 09:48 AM
^ Up the ante or cop it on the chin. Crying ain't going to solve problems.

What do you mean sparckle? Crying seems to solve at least some of the problems. Look at the no no / yes yes debates and now consumption rate reduction for everyone.

Ranger4Life
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Where does this stand now? Do these people still have the gold that was mistakenly credited to their accounts, or has Gree figured out a way to claw it back?

They still have the gold.

FLYNN37
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. CJ, I know that many of your loyal and long-standing customers would appreciate an update on Gree's efforts to correct its mistake.

Devin
04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I too would be interested in what CJ54 means by they are addressing. I'm aware of people who still have large 5-figure quantities of free gold, and can confirm that Gree has neither contacted them nor retracted the (now spent) gold.

I don't envy the situation Gree is in, but leaving the gold and ill-gotten gains in the wild isn't an acceptable solution from my perspective.

Thanks,
Devin

CJ54
04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
I've found out what the cause of the confusion is here (and it is largely confusion, as it turns out). I will be contacting everyone who has posted here directly via PM about the matter, as the forums are not the correct place to refer to financial info directly or indirectly (which is why we have tended towards telling people to contact support about the bonus program if they have any questions).

If anyone who hasn't posted here has any questions about this, they may contact me via PM directly and I will be on the watch for those. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.