PDA

View Full Version : WD event buuuurrrrnnnn out.

BADMARKX
04-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey gang BMX here. It's been a busy week. This week should be busier.
It's no secret that 3x Top 100 (EHU) took it on the chin in China. Or that
as the new faction leader, I'm looking to move a group of OUR top scorers to
some lucky faction.
I've had dealings with a few factions and have met a lot of really cool folks just like us.
Through this process I've learned of two top factions successfully merging.

FYI, this is not a recruitment thread. PM me about that.

I more just want to hear of some stories of what other factions have experienced through the 4 events so far.

A quick recap for us:
In one week, we went from a solid top 100 team to..
1). Our leader burned out and "retired"
2). 2 other top scorers got burnt out as well and the fact that our leader "retired" decided to take time off. (EAGLE and these 2 are still currently "parked"
3). Another 2 top scorers just quit with little notice to join a top 50 team. They were nice enough to at least say why.
4). I took the leadership role right away to avoid floundering leaderless for any time.
5). Had to gather the troops and see where we were headed
6). Decided it was quicker and easier for US to join a faction instead of someone coming to us.
7). Contacted factions and discussed options, of which many of you replied.
8). We have lots of options. Something will work out. I've met a lot of cool factions out there and we'd fit into any one of them.

Soooooo, as it stands...

I am currently and will remain the leader of EAGLE HOUSE,
but will move my better player to a gold playing faction with a small group to start.
EHU is still filled with over 40 solid daily players who are committed to the faction.
But we are taking a more "laid back" approach and just trying to have fun playing MW again and not worry about being a top 100 team for every event.
But I'm very interested in a merge and give another faction a chance to increase in strength
and give an option to players from our new faction to "park" in EHU if they will be away for event.

I wanted to start this thread and hear some stories about what you guys have done and tough it was to do.
You don't have to be specific or reveal any faction secrets, but I know we were not the only top faction to lose steam after a few events.

Rabble, rabble, rabble
It's Sunday y'all so I will continue faction negotiations on Monday.
Thanks if you read this mess.

BMX

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
As you ponder your options, consider this.

It costs to be a top 10 faction.

If you want to score 1,000,000 points, it requires about 15,000 gold.

That's about $1,500 US Dollars.

That requires you to average about 250 points per hit.

Personally, I seek a 300 per hit point average.

That lowers your refill cost.

If you want to score 500,000 points, that'll take about $750 US Dollars.

Now, once you get going in the bonus process, that'll be adjusted somewhat with bonus gold.

But, you must resist buying LE SETS while you await WD.

Plus, you need to restrain yourself from becoming too engaged in other events.

Expect to spend about $1,000 (or more) a month to be competitive.

Jaebee
04-07-2013, 04:25 PM

That's about $1,500 US Dollars.

That requires you to average about 250 points per hit.

Personally, I seek a 300 per hit point average.

15,000 gold = $1000 (USD) without any 20% off sales.
For me, easy way to calculate it...100 gold = 4 refills, which = 5000 WD points (with good targets...about a 312pt hit on average). So 1000 gold = 50k WD points; 10000 gold = 500k WD points. So on average you need about 20k gold to score 1mil WD points or 13-14 vaults ($1300-1400 USD).

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 04:27 PM
15,000 gold = $1000 (USD) without any 20% off sales. For me, easy way to calculate it...100 gold = 4 refills, which = 5000 WD points (with good targets...about a 312pt hit on average). So 1000 gold = 50k WD points; 10000 gold = 500k WD points. So on average you need about 20k gold to score 1mil WD points or 13-14 vaults ($1300-1400 USD).

Most people can't score 300+ plus points.

I know, because I've done it.

Suffice it to say you'll spend $2,000 a month trying to tread water and keep up with the Alexes.

Jaebee
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM

I know, because I've done it.

Suffice it to say you'll spend $2,000 a month trying to tread water and keep up with the Alexes.

Can't really speak about "most people", just what I've seen/done personally.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:40 PM
If you can't handle the heat, then it's time to cool down. Don't push yourself too hard. The purpose of life is enjoyment, not punishment.

Jhenry02
04-07-2013, 04:40 PM
It's a shame that VFF Charlie is no longer on your list.

thescondo
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
PJ - I could not agree with you more on your analysis

- Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - I like to bring up something that I have not seen mentioned before, once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults

sparckle
04-07-2013, 05:02 PM
When you make a deal with the devil, you are bound for a very long time.

- Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - I like to bring up something that I have not seen mentioned before, once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Now here's the odd part. You (myself included) don't even know these people you play this game with and try to please. If you spent an evening having dinner with them, you'd probably never play this game with them again. They call this social gaming. This is PHANTOM gaming. Just one big FANTASY.

Oh, you can't win this game.

But you can end up being gamed.

PJ - I could not agree with you more on your analysis - Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - I like to bring up something that I have not seen mentioned before, once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults

Mr. Pink
04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
You (myself included) don't even know these people you play this game with and try to please. If you spent an evening having dinner with them, you'd probably never play this game with them again.

Comment of the day lol.

It's a game. Have some fun...especially if you're spending money. Don't waste your entertainment budget on something that burns you out.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Comment of the day lol.

It's a game. Have some fun...especially if you're spending money. Don't waste your entertainment budget on something that burns you out.

Sad isn't it? I think so. But, sad things can still be true things.

CAF
04-07-2013, 06:18 PM
I have to disagree with you on that one PJ, but I do understand the fact that we could very well be the exception. I think that if we were to sit down and have dinner we would become even closer. Most of the people in our faction laugh and have a good time and do whatever they can to help out others. We do have a pretty solid core group of players that are dedicated to each other and have been together right from the start. Probably why we have a core group of players that have had no intentions of jumping ship through the highs and lows. We are a top 100/250 faction and I think we have realized our limitations and we don't strive for the top 50 +, mainly because we are a working class faction and we don't have any financially independent people in our faction.

Edit - just for the record now that I look at my post it looks a lot like a recruitment drive, lol, it's not, that post is already up.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I have to disagree with you on that one PJ, but I do understand the fact that we could very well be the exception. I think that if we were to sit down and have dinner we would become even closer. Most of the people in our faction laugh and have a good time and do whatever they can to help out others. We do have a pretty solid core group of players that are dedicated to each other and have been together right from the start. Probably why we have a core group of players that have had no intentions of jumping ship through the highs and lows. We are a top 100/250 faction and I think we have realized our limitations and we don't strive for the top 50 +, mainly because we are a working class faction and we don't have any financially independent people in our faction.

Edit - just for the record now that I look at my post it looks a lot like a recruitment drive, lol, it's not, that post is already up.

No one has left our faction, either.

That has NOTHING to do with the statement that neither of us KNOWS the people in our faction.

Just because you interact with someone, doesn't mean you know them.

Heck, people are married for 25 years, ONLY to learn they never knew their spouse!!!!

All that fondness that you feel for those STRANGERS, is as real as that fake army you command.

That goes for me, too.

You don't know those people, other than what you THINK you know.

Neither do I know my faction.

This is just one big fantasy.

CAF
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Fair enough, although personality traits still come across, and you form your own opinions based on that. You are absolutely correct though, it is what you think you know, but I like this "illusion" that I have, it makes me justify doing stupid things with my money like spending it on pixels, lol

sparckle
04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
It's all fun and laughs until something goes sour. You just haven't reached the point where conflict may arise.

If someone in your faction slacks off, would you not strive to replace him/her? If that person is a supposed "friend" and you, as the leader, elects to retain that member, how would the rest of the faction feel? You can't appease everyone. That's how conflict can arise and sunder your online "social" relationships.

Jhenry02
04-07-2013, 07:06 PM
That's the difference between friendships and e-friends.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 07:20 PM
This has been a revealing discussion.

I hope people read it, and think about it.

The game is a fantasy, therefore, everything surrounding the game is a fantasy.

There ain't no sex in the "boom boom room"!

The "boom boom room" is for the express purpose of fleecing the "marks".

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWHR8Y5fXYKLkv7V0w2a_iHMZfDj3Dt NjWaFwGGQNNYqXOVqxtPw
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb2CoH3_wUdLCTeSIEn7PKVxnAsP_ya qPAotBbar7LAPUchsH30w

King little fruit fly
04-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I am burned out so I started a faction for me so I am in control, just play for fun and free now, this game is not a job to make money for Gree.

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Wow gang, good responses. Thanks to all who replied on this.
Let me see if I can add to any of these...

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
As you ponder your options, consider this.

It costs to be a top 10 faction.

That's about $1,500 US
Big time PJ

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 01:55 PM

Those darn Alexes

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
If you can't handle the heat, then it's time to cool down. Don't push yourself too hard. The purpose of life is enjoyment, not punishment.
Well put Sparkle

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
It's a shame that VFF Charlie is no longer on your list.
Yes we are :-)

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM

- Also as a veteran of being in the last 4 events trying to make top 10 - once you start spending real money (At least $500 per month) trying to make top 10-25 - people get upset real upset! Especially when one spends more than the other - So then in the next war he spends less - this goes on and on and can tear friends apart. As people say - Don't mess with my money. People need to go in like PJ says - Be ready to spend - 10 Vaults
Yup, that's pretty much what happened. Now as a faction leader, I've made it my job to know who wants to spend some gold, and who doesn't.

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 02:07 PM
That has NOTHING to do with the statement that neither of us KNOWS the people in our faction.

Just because you interact with someone, doesn't mean you know them.

Heck, people are married for 25 years, ONLY to learn they never knew their spouse!!!!

All that fondness that you feel for those STRANGERS, is as real as that fake army you command.

Absolutely PJ. I believe most folks who play MW are of adult age. Still, the lessons we teach our kids about social media and social gaming apply to us too.
In the early days of our faction, we had a couple retired folks who used their "real" name as their game character.
I've encouraged them to change it, even though a few of use know their real names, it's important to use code names from here on out.

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
That's the difference between friendships and e-friends.Well said JHenry02 or is it J*****?

BADMARKX
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Great job gang. What are some other challenges you have had to face as a group?

sherlock123
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Almost everything you have said is a bunch of outright lies CAF.

Nobody in your faction "laugh and have a good time and do whatever they can to help out others".
When I was in your faction of UK United, no one helped me, infact I was told by your leader to donate 40% of my daily income to your faction only to buy not so necessary bonuses like casualty reduction.

Plus, you told us new recruits to spend money on gold which we did and then when your faction chewed us good you just spit us out without any warning whatsoever.

Thats not something a "pretty solid core group of players that are dedicated to each other and have been together right from the start" would do.

Stop self-promoting how holier than thou and friendly you are. Your not.

andrew_beeman@yahoo.com
04-08-2013, 06:46 PM

I'm curious as to how someone like yourself isn't pounding it out on WOW... Maybe because in that game it's not based soley on your income but more on your time and knowledge?

BADMARKX
04-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Nobody in your faction "laugh and have a good time and do whatever they can to help out others".
When I was in your faction of UK United, no one helped me, infact I was told by your leader to donate 40% of my daily income to your faction only to buy not so necessary bonuses like casualty reduction.

Plus, you told us new recruits to spend money on gold which we did and then when your faction chewed us good you just spit us out without any warning whatsoever.

Thats not something a "pretty solid core group of players that are dedicated to each other and have been together right from the start" would do.

Ouch, that stinks man.

BADMARKX
04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm curious why this eagle hut guy thinks its cool to use the forums for his own version of matchmaker. This kind of crap is why you will never find a truly fun faction. You will only find ones that want you for your money. If a faction wants you for your money they aren't friends or even e-friends. Dig your own grave faction leader, dig it nice and deep.

Sent from my friend's DeLoreanwell, thanks for at least adding to this thread. Don't worry though. I'm a boss player, and an even better leader.

olka
04-11-2013, 07:46 PM

I'd like to hear more about this...