PDA

View Full Version : Critical Intel Goal Chain : Success or failure?

OwainCymro
04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
So, I want to hear your opinions.

Who thinks this event will go well, even though most things GREE tries to do is hated by most of the community, or do up think it will go very smoothly and everyone will enjoy it?

Nice to hear what you think before the event!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't know enough about the event to comment on it.

Give it time to arrive, play it for a couple hours, and then people might be better able to respond.

OwainCymro
04-07-2013, 11:24 AM
I don't know enough about the event to comment on it.

Give it time to arrive, play it for a couple hours, and then people might be better able to respond.

I know our opinions will change once it comes out, but I'm also curious to see what people are expecting it to be like.

Will it go rather badly like the last event of this kind did, giving many a horrific time doing ridiculous quests with plenty of their top units disappearing every battle?

Or will GREE notice what went wrong the first time and improve?

Fun
04-07-2013, 11:26 AM
I know our opinions will change once it comes out, but I'm also curious to see what people are expecting it to be like.

Will it go rather badly like the last event of this kind did, giving many a horrific time doing ridiculous quests with plenty of their top units disappearing every battle?

Or will GREE notice what went wrong the first time and improve? do gree ever notice what they do wrong and improve? Not very much

Devin
04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm guessing its the pve version of a LTQ. In other gree games they alternate between pvp and pve LTQ events.

OwainCymro
04-07-2013, 11:30 AM
do gree ever notice what they do wrong and improve? Not very much

Not very much, but it does happen. Sure, android users have a really hard time playing the game but casualties have returned to a normal, if not a better state. It is unfair to say they don't do very much, but at the same time: GREE , step it up! Slightly contradictory? I think so.

NaRciS
04-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Just my 2p...

I would say that in the last raiding event I didn't lose thousands if units, I did put a lot of effort in and about 600 gold... I managed to get to level 20 hero mode, I did however gain around 11,000 attack and defence plus 40% health regen which is worth the hassle on its own, also 40 % valor, all my lost units can be replaced easily, yes it took time and I lost units but I loved the event...

Let see if the units are there in this one...

Speed ump
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I would expect it to be very similar to the last one. Assuming that, boring, childish, and ridiculous. Other than GIN, I don't believe I heard of anyone who enjoyed that event.

Baraka
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking a PVE tournament. See no reason why it shouldn't be a success.

procsyzarc
04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Just my 2p...

I would say that in the last raiding event I didn't lose thousands if units, I did put a lot of effort in and about 600 gold... I managed to get to level 20 hero mode, I did however gain around 11,000 attack and defence plus 40% health regen which is worth the hassle on its own, also 40 % valor, all my lost units can be replaced easily, yes it took time and I lost units but I loved the event...

That may be fine at your level. The real issue with the last one was it wouldn't take a genius to work out finding hundreds of 24 hour buildings uncollected was never going to work in active level ranges.

At L200 I was happy to spend a few thousand gold to get to at least the second hp increase in heroic mode. I dropped to 250 allies so I would be all gold and have no losses but after 3 2 hour sessions finding a total of 4 stockpiles I realised there was no way it was happening.

Chris5900
04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I lost a lot of high valor units last time around. Hopefully this time it is different because its hard trying to get valor now since all of my missions say attack X amount of players since I completed force degradation operation 200. Since then that's all I have been getting. Only gives 100 EXP and 2000 valor.

-TANGO-
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM
If I am understanding this thread correctly you are asking for people's opinion on the potential failure or success of a new event. One, lest we forget, has yet to be released and one in which the fundamental aims have also yet to be released.

I appreciate GREE hasn't had the most successful of backgrounds but is a entire thread based quite clearly on the anticipation of a failure a bit unnecessary. Just wait and see, then if you feel the need to whine or praise you will have sufficient data to do so.

OwainCymro
04-07-2013, 03:59 PM
If I am understanding this thread correctly you are asking for people's opinion on the potential failure or success of a new event. One, lest we forget, has yet to be released and one in which the fundamental aims have also yet to be released.

I appreciate GREE hasn't had the most successful of backgrounds but is a entire thread based quite clearly on the anticipation of a failure a bit unnecessary. Just wait and see, then if you feel the need to whine or praise you will have sufficient data to do so.

You must have a different understanding to me. I want to know what people think of the event before AND after the event. Maybe Mr.Abc was expecting it to cause him serious casualties to his army but actually managed to gain thousands in stats due to indestructible prizes.

I just want to know both perspectives, is that too much to ask? Sure, you may argue that this thread is uneccessarry but surely if you have gone out of your way to create a new account and have your first post pointing this out then actually this thread is rather necessary.

Good luck to you sir,

-TANGO-
04-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Perhaps. Maybe I should make a thread asking people's opinion on the content of my next post I am going to make but have not yet made ;-)

OwainCymro
04-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Perhaps. Maybe I should make a thread asking people's opinion on the content of my next post I am going to make but have not yet made ;-)

Make sure you post it in the 'off-topic' sections, I could give you a tutorial on how to get there if you need it?

-TANGO-
04-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Make sure you post it in the 'off-topic' sections, I could give you a tutorial on how to get there if you need it?

You have participated in the degradation of your own thread, well done. Also please PM your tutorial, I sincerely appreciate the offer :-)

JUJUs Little Brother
04-08-2013, 02:08 AM
LoL LMAO
If this event is going to be another "China Superiority" then it's going to blow. The difficulty of missions along with the time allowed to complete made it impossible for me to finish (mainly time). If I managed to complete the missions I wouldn't mind my elbows being sore from holding my ipad, or my neck hurting from staring down too long, my joints in my fingers being sore from tapping the screen so many times not to mention the eye strain. I managed to have my own personal pvp event instead during the duration of the event. I received about 100,000 valor.

JUJUs Little Brother
04-08-2013, 05:54 AM
LoL LMAO
If this event is going to be another "China Superiority" then it's going to blow. The difficulty of missions along with the time allowed to complete made it impossible for me to finish (mainly time). If I managed to complete the missions I wouldn't mind my elbows being sore from holding my ipad, or my neck hurting from staring down too long, my joints in my fingers being sore from tapping the screen so many times not to mention the eye strain. I managed to have my own personal pvp event instead during the duration of the event. I received about 100,000 valor.

Bobar
04-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I am curious if it starts on time

OwainCymro
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I am curious if it starts on time

I was under the impression that it was already 23h 30 mins late... Not much about the new event I this forum either..

Warrenisit1
04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
F*ck I hate waiting around for these events to happen. An accurate given time frame would do wonders.

Dutchie
04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
The waiting will be over soon. According to my watch, it should start in about 45 mins but GREE's kinetic watch keeps slowing down or stopping... Shake that thing CJ... yeah the watch that is!

Philly982
04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
It says it is now in progress for me, but nothing in my goals list yet.

Dutchie
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
It says it is now in progress for me, but nothing in my goals list yet.

CJ did his thing :)

Fook knows what to do in this event though... Have you worked it out yet?

I'm gonna enjoy my dinner with a nice beer and I will come back later once you have worked out what to do. Don't forget to let us know :)

DarthJim
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Another awesome event launch! Let me guess iOS users are advancing though the goals while Android sits and waits?

Dutchie
04-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Another awesome event launch! Let me guess iOS users are advancing though the goals while Android sits and waits?Nope... Not this time Jim!

Arjen
04-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Another awesome event launch! Let me guess iOS users are advancing though the goals while Android sits and waits?

Nope IOS users are all sitting and waiting as well

sirdirty11
04-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Negative boss man. I fiddler users don't have it either.

Adm.J
04-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Well, it's a failure so far!

Trebor
04-08-2013, 12:24 PM
This supersedes the last epic fail on top of the other countless epic fails.

aether100
04-08-2013, 12:29 PM
The longer they wait the more gold it takes to finish . Advantage Gree

Dutchie
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Roll on the next event... At least I know what to do :)

Justdavew32
04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Failure so far. We will all really be shocked some day when they launch one of these on time!

keyfro
04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Anyone else tired of events not starting on time?

ohgreatitsryan
04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
What I love most is how CJ keeps saying they can't delay scheduled events....

jambandchick
04-08-2013, 12:36 PM
trying to see if this event is going to. be the same as the other goal chain? I have yet to see any update on either iOS or android..........this is very annoying, at least give us an idea of what it is we are supposed to do......sigh.....my whole faction is dumbfounded

589-505-382
960-467-474

DarthJim
04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I just want to know if I should be saving Energy or Stamina, if this is an Energy event I'll kill time raiding...

The Billionaire
04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Got to admit i loved the last one even though it cost me loads of units but they can be replaced.

The only thing i didn't like about it was the fact that some of the units i won were destructible.

Bit annoying when you've just spent 30 gold to complete one challenge only to be awarded a unit that could be lost in the next challenge.

Overall definitely going to be one of the events i look forward to the most.

andrew_beeman@yahoo.com
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Bah, seriously. Gonna cost a gold fortune to finish now and of course we'll all be screwed!

Some Random Clown
04-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Looks like a fail, and not just for this droid.

SoccerStud
04-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Failure!!!!

Dutchie
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
It is an LTQ event as per CJ's post in the other thread. It will be released soon :)

Philly982
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks Dutchie! Soon can be a relative term though. During the China LTQ it was also supposed to be released soon, but for Android at least it was about 26 hours later. Going to take you advice and grab a meal, enjoy it with several beers and check back later.

Mtipton0012
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Dutchie: I appreciate the info that it will be released soon, but I think we all remember the last time cj said that it wasn't released for another 24 hours or something like that. So forgive us if we all aren't jumping for joy at that declaration. No offense intended though just pointing out the that gree developers seem to have a very distorted view of time.

Ghost614
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
04-08-2013 04:21 PM #24
CJ54
Developer
We'll have it out as soon as possible, guys. I believe that it is an LTQ.

Dutchie
04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Dutchie: I appreciate the info that it will be released soon, but I think we all remember the last time cj said that it wasn't released for another 24 hours or something like that. So forgive us if we all aren't jumping for joy at that declaration. No offense intended though just pointing out the that gree developers seem to have a very distorted view of time.I keep telling CJ to get shot of that kinetic watch of his... Useless bit of kit!

BringIt
04-08-2013, 02:01 PM
FAILUREEEEE!!!!!!! failed to launch on time...hmmm where have we seen this before.... at least warn us next time CJ just like if you are going to be late for a dinner date with your girl. Although that should never happen or else she will leave just like how people are starting to leave the game

Roscoe782
04-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Soon! Should be any minute! :)

Jonmutley
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
So perhaps change the word on the faction war upcoming game list from "progress" for this current, yet to be launched sub game, to "coming soon". That would be an appropriate use of the words in conjunction with the situation perhaps? A bit like the description "very low loss rate"unit changed to "very high loss rate". See what I did there? I used English to actually describe the true situation and not use incorrect English so as to confuse people. Maybe gree should use this model of communication. You know, like you learned at home as a kid? :)

Gritix
04-08-2013, 02:39 PM
FAILUREEEEE!!!!!!! failed to launch on time...hmmm where have we seen this before.... at least warn us next time CJ just like if you are going to be late for a dinner date with your girl. Although that should never happen or else she will leave just like how people are starting to leave the game
Harsh but true, I don't understand why it's so hard to notify us the problem.

soulnmysole
04-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Soon! Should be any minute! :)

Pretty sure CJ said "soon" the last LTQ event, and it ended up taking an extra 24+ hours before it was out. So you can take his word with a grain of salt.

Plux
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Proc on the previous page, thank you for implementing my Compression technique with 250 allies. I implemented it just before the time of the Diamond Sig event on CC. Now you all know why I reduced to 150 Mafia!

Justdavew32
04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Like everyone else I have been waiting for the past 3 hours on this latest event starting.
I see on other posts from the admins that they have some great ideas for events in the future.
CONCENTRATE on getting the stuff you are doing now right for goodness sake before you move on.
OH and just pumping out 100 gold here or 50 gold there does not fix the problem!!!!

Mrp0891
04-09-2013, 04:33 AM
I think this event will be terrible! Because it didn't start on time, much like every other event in modern war, crime city etc. Really guys, get your stuff together if you're gonna run these apps! Stop sucking at your job!

BSG123
04-09-2013, 04:48 AM
My god, haven't you been given enough currency to complain about something ongoing?

This thread is just fail.

I should ask, why do you have this much time, but I won't.

I'll just say, premature...
/thread

Clownius
04-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Im more upset that now the event is out a lot of Android players cant play yet again. The last update makes it Crash on a whole shedload of devices.

If this happened ocasionally i wouldnt mind but after a short period where we onloy had slight delays on events vs iOs and didnt suffer too great a disadvantage its gotten worse than ever. events get later and every second update causes Android players to suffer seriously.

Last war trying to load the battle list was dead on and off for a day or more. I understand why some factions say iOS only. Because the Android guys cant compete they suffer glitches and delays so often. Starting a crate event when the top 250 already has 15 crates sucks.

moomrik
04-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Just curious... I am not in a faction yet. Do I have to be in a faction to participate in LTQ and chest events? I don't see it... The chest event checked off, but I never saw it either... Is it me being stupid or?... Thanks

sherlock123
04-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Calm down guys.

Didn't Gree compensate you with 100 gold for this delay.

You should be happy that you got 100 gold free from Gree as a compensation for the delay and so you can buy indestructible units.

be grateful.

Rowdydowdy
04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Atleast they are consistent!

Ok now that its working I give it a thumbs up.

Ghost614
04-09-2013, 09:44 AM
sorry its not out for OiS yet either we all are still waiting as well

Im more upset that now the event is out a lot of Android players cant play yet again. The last update makes it Crash on a whole shedload of devices.

If this happened ocasionally i wouldnt mind but after a short period where we onloy had slight delays on events vs iOs and didnt suffer too great a disadvantage its gotten worse than ever. events get later and every second update causes Android players to suffer seriously.

Last war trying to load the battle list was dead on and off for a day or more. I understand why some factions say iOS only. Because the Android guys cant compete they suffer glitches and delays so often. Starting a crate event when the top 250 already has 15 crates sucks.

Muse_boa
04-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Well, you have your answer, lol

Fsk
04-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I haven't done one of the ltq before. If I'm level 45 will it show up in my quests?

YourPastLife
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM
I haven't done one of the ltq before. If I'm level 45 will it show up in my quests?
It will show up in your goals like your missions do

System Locked
04-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Yes it will show up, anybody over level 12 can see the events.

Thief
04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes it will show up, anybody over level 12 can see the events.

We have no way of knowing if it's available for anyone over lvl 12? in KA and MQ there are LTQ that have 30 and 35 lvl requirements.

How do you know you don't need a dry docks in order to compete in the event?

I would assume that lvl 45 it will show up in your quest but on other platforms i've been below lvl 30 and not been able to participate in many of the LTQ.

Trebor
04-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Nothing yet iOS user llp or hlp

Largos
04-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Just my 2p...

You said you had 40% health regeneration. Check your stats. I'll be VERY surprised if they reflect what you say you have. I'm supposed to have -34% health regeneration time, -20% with Deadly Bridge Jumper and -14 from guild upgrade for same. I have ONLY 8% showing in my profile. Check yours and be prepared to make noise.

Roscoe782
04-09-2013, 11:11 AM
You said you had 40% health regeneration. Check your stats. I'll be VERY surprised if they reflect what you say you have. I'm supposed to have -34% health regeneration time, -20% with Deadly Bridge Jumper and -14 from guild upgrade for same. I have ONLY 8% showing in my profile. Check yours and be prepared to make noise.

It's been said before: what you are talking about is a display bug. The regen is working correctly.

System Locked
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
We have no way of knowing if it's available for anyone over lvl 12? in KA and MQ there are LTQ that have 30 and 35 lvl requirements.

How do you know you don't need a dry docks in order to compete in the event?

I would assume that lvl 45 it will show up in your quest but on other platforms i've been below lvl 30 and not been able to participate in many of the LTQ.

I'm just going on experience and from the last LTQ, I had a LLP account before and it said events weren't available until level 12, and also the last LTQ said that you have to be a minimum of level 12 to do it. Anyway that's not to say that they will put a higher level requirement on this one, as I said I'm just going off what I know.

OwainCymro
04-09-2013, 11:48 AM
So far this event is great. Starts easily and also gives all indestructible units so far. Good job GREE!

DrewB33
04-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Late start sucked but 10g refills are totally worth it... I've also made a few mil since the start of this, even buying units!

Fsk
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I am not able to see the quests and I'm lvl 45...

General Soviet
04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Very fun event. Especially like how we get prizes for buying the LE building,

Paisthecoolest
04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
So perhaps change the word on the faction war upcoming game list from "progress" for this current, yet to be launched sub game, to "coming soon". That would be an appropriate use of the words in conjunction with the situation perhaps? A bit like the description "very low loss rate"unit changed to "very high loss rate". See what I did there? I used English to actually describe the true situation and not use incorrect English so as to confuse people. Maybe gree should use this model of communication. You know, like you learned at home as a kid? :)
To actually describe is a split infinitive, which is a grammatical error.

Paisthecoolest
04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
I love this event!

Stacey
04-09-2013, 06:48 PM
I think it has been great so far anyway.

Fsk
04-09-2013, 07:25 PM
No gold spent
Stats have gone up 1500
Started level 45 now 46.5
Gotten tornado unit that gives plus one valor per attack

This event rocks. :D

Gritix
04-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Fun event good job Gree!

King Fox
04-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I still have not received any notification to my game to say it started yet I just bought the new limited edition building or $23mill. What gives?!?!

Justdavew32
04-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Total failure for lower level players. How are they supposed to play. Only thing showing is a 25,000,000 building!!!

Killer_Elite
04-10-2013, 12:09 AM
On main game using iPad, big success. On android phone, total and epic fail, cause I still haven't got the event at all. Seems android is lagging well behind again, which is a bummer as everyone else will be gaining strength. Ah well, nothing to do but wait and see what happens.

KFH
04-10-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm enjoying this event stuff to do, no need to spend alot of gold. And will help me out not being able to fight the bosses. I give gree a B just cause i know there is something behind this.

Bobar
04-10-2013, 02:38 AM
I have to admit, i like that one this time. Itīs good that campers canīt participate im my opinion. Kind of a reward for those doing missions and gaining xp.

LW okie
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Big failure when you keep a lot of your customers from participating.

LW okie
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
When does the chain for under level 40 start? Oh wait, we don't care!