PDA

View Full Version : Playing Modern War for FREE

rollnthundr
04-07-2013, 10:54 AM
I've been playing MW for about a year, off and on. I have not spent a single dime on the game. I know that there are many people who spend hundreds on this game. Unless there is a way to get massive amounts of gold for free I don't know about. I just don't understand why. Why are you willing to spend money to play a game you can play for free?

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 11:06 AM
I've been playing MW for about a year, off and on. I have not spent a single dime on the game. I know that there are many people who spend hundreds on this game. Unless there is a way to get massive amounts of gold for free I don't know about. I just don't understand why. Why are you willing to spend money to play a game you can play for free?

Because they choose to spend THEIR money THEIR way!!!!!!!!!

Why do some people own $500,000,000 mansions, some people rent $200 a month apartment in the slums, and some people are homeless?

Choices, my friend, we all make our own choices.

Don't waste time trying to understand, just repsect the choices other people make.

BeardedBubba
04-07-2013, 11:06 AM
It's better than being addicted to meth

Thenoob
04-07-2013, 11:16 AM
But meth gives you so much back lmao.

ohwhatafinish
04-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Having said that I would like to see a gold free version of this game, I think it would be more interesting and not who has the deepest pockets. But as pj had said on numerous posts. Choices

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Having said that I would like to see a gold free version of this game, I think it would be more interesting and not who has the deepest pockets. But as pj had said on numerous posts. Choices

There are free games that cost a couple bucks to download.
Or, spend a few dollars more and get great console game.
There is NOTHING free about iOS based games, nothing.
Nothing is FREE.
If something tells you its FREE, stay away, far away.
These games tend to have issues that you don't see in console based games.

System Locked
04-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Good point PJ, but also without those people spending money on this game it wouldn't exist, Gree wouldn't exist. There would be no updates, no patches, no support. Hackers would run the game, and if fairness to Gree I have seen a lot less of them lately. It's about time people thanked Gree for once, they do listen and they do change things from listening to their customers. People don't notice it half the time but that's cause they are usually complaining instead. I'm a free player and have been since the start, I appreciate been able to play in this game, and that there's an option to spend money, like PJ said its all about choices.

rollnthundr
04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
System, your right and I can respect that. Gree has produced a fun game and should be compinsated for it. PJs response is ok to a point, but a bit childish. A million dollar home I can sell and get at least some of my money back if not make a few bucks. I mean I understand the idea that we all have money that we throw away. We spend it on a concert or a toy or whatever. I see the value in those things and in this game to a point. I guess my question is one of bang for your buck. I'll give an example, I looked up the correct leaders in the mission chest part of the game and to get in the top 50, players had to spend at least $100 just in that one small area of the game. All that to get a pc-9m attack jet? that you can't resell or even give away?

thunder
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Why do i get cable tv when i can get tv for free? Because i want to
Why do i get a new car when i can get a used car? Because i want to
Why do i stay in nice hotels on vacations when i can stay in cheap hotel? Because i want to
Why do i pay extra money for a smart phone when i can get a regular phone for cheaper? Because i want to
Why do i go out to eat when i can eat at home for cheaper? Because i want to
Why do i use charmin when i can use cheap toilet paper instead? Because i want to

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
System, your right and I can respect that. Gree has produced a fun game and should be compinsated for it. PJs response is ok to a point, but a bit childish. A million dollar home I can sell and get at least some of my money back if not make a few bucks. I mean I understand the idea that we all have money that we throw away. We spend it on a concert or a toy or whatever. I see the value in those things and in this game to a point. I guess my question is one of bang for your buck. I'll give an example, I looked up the correct leaders in the mission chest part of the game and to get in the top 50, players had to spend at least $100 just in that one small area of the game. All that to get a pc-9m attack jet? that you can't resell or even give away?

You understand it, but you're stepping over it.
Don't use YOUR values or reasoning when trying to understand why others do or don't so something.
We are all different.
We all have value systems.

I never understood why anyone would want to use illegal drugs, molest a child, beat their spouse, cheat on their spouse, steal, not want to pay their own way, why one sibling fails and the others succeed, why people go to prison, why if you went to prison - you'd screw up and go back to prison, why would I mess up on probation, why get drunk and drive, why have sex with an animal, why have sex with a human that looks like an animal, why waste one minute playing this game for FREE, when you could get a second or third job and make MONEY, etc...

There are many things you will never understand.

So, accept what you see and move on, we are all different.

CDR Shepard
04-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Don't use YOUR values or reasoning when trying to understand why others do or don't so something.
We are all different.

I never understood why anyone would want to use illegal drugs, molest a child, beat their spouse, cheat on their spouse, steal, not want to pay their own way, why one sibling fails and the others succeed, why people go to prison, why if you went to prison - you'd screw up and go back to prison, why would I mess up on probation, why get drunk and drive, why have sex with an animal, why have sex with a human that looks like an animal, why waste one minute playing this game for FREE, when you could get a second or third job and make MONEY, etc...

So, accept what you see and move one, we are all different.

PJ - we have some differences on things however I can agree with you on this...to a point. This is a double-edged sword my friend. What about those who do spend the money that treat those who don't differently? That happens as well right? To rub that in ones face in this game is the same concept but on the other end. Just because I don't spend that money in this game doesn't mean I don't have it, I make my own choices. Some don't see this on both ends...

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 01:00 PM
PJ - we have some differences on things however I can agree with you on this...to a point. This is a double-edged sword my friend. What about those who do spend the money that treat those who don't differently? That happens as well right? To rub that in ones face in this game is the same concept but on the other end. Just because I don't spend that money in this game doesn't mean I don't have it, I make my own choices. Some don't see this on both ends...

People will always discriminate.

That wasn't the issue, but taking it one step farther: What if someone spent $5,000, someone else spent $10,000, and someone else spent $100,000? Then along comes someone who dropped $500,000. That's an age old battle. People always make assumptions about things.

But, the answer remains the same. Its none of my business what anyone does. I am not the boss of anyone but myself.

Agent Orange
04-07-2013, 01:11 PM

I paid maybe $100 so far but consider myself a free player.

The simple answer is, because they can. And it's not really anyone's concern but theirs. If they get pleasure out of what they do then why not, and it sure seems like some of them great pleasure from the game and other aspects as well.... Heh heh...

Life's short, you could walk out the door and get picked off by a bus or come down with some terminal illness. Why worry about something this trivial? Why worry if folks come darken your base or write nasty stuff on your wall, it's just a game.

When you start taking it too seriously then that's when the warning bells should start going off...

Speed ump
04-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Okay, so I take a vacation that costs me 5k, I have a friend who spent 150k on a vacation for the same duration of time. We both had a wonderful time, though his was more lavish than mine. Neither of us can ever sell that and recoup a penny of that money. It's memories, experiences. As PJ said, don't out your values in place of others. I enjoy the experience I have had in this game, and instead of lasting 10 days, it has lasted for over a year. So the return of time vs money spent for my fun is greater in the game, if you were to put it in those terms. I would say that most gold players do not disparage free players. In fact, it's the other way around. Many many gree payers, here in the forums , and in the game have derided hose who spend in the game. I havnt even asked for, a thank you for your ability to play this game, since I am paying for many free players. I don't mind. There are ones who do appreciate it, but those with negative feedback make themselves known more often, and louder. Enjoy your free game. Do not feel that you are in competition we me, play at your own level. I am in competition with other spenders.

qq1972
04-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Okay, so I take a vacation that costs me 5k, I have a friend who spent 150k on a vacation for the same duration of time. We both had a wonderful time, though his was more lavish than mine. Neither of us can ever sell that and recoup a penny of that money. It's memories, experiences. As PJ said, don't out your values in place of others. I enjoy the experience I have had in this game, and instead of lasting 10 days, it has lasted for over a year. So the return of time vs money spent for my fun is greater in the game, if you were to put it in those terms. I would say that most gold players do not disparage free players. In fact, it's the other way around. Many many gree payers, here in the forums , and in the game have derided hose who spend in the game. I havnt even asked for, a thank you for your ability to play this game, since I am paying for many free players. I don't mind. There are ones who do appreciate it, but those with negative feedback make themselves known more often, and louder. Enjoy your free game. Do not feel that you are in competition we me, play at your own level. I am in competition with other spenders.

Well said Speed ump, well said.

I guess they will never understand it unless they get up there and see the world from a different point of view.

CDR Shepard
04-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Well said Speed ump, well said.

I guess they will never understand it unless they get up there and see the world from a different point of v

Annnnnnnnnnddddd this is where it starts...PJ makes sense, ffp makes sense, speed makes sense.. and then you come in and kill it. You now have become the guy in speed umps example who spent more on vacation... and then brags to the one who didn't spend as much that even though he had fun, his will never be just as good because of the cost being cheaper.

KurtMatador
04-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Muy bueno esto

rollnthundr
04-07-2013, 01:51 PM
I appreciate the feed back. If I was closed minded or judgmental I wouldn't have asked a question to find understanding. So far most of the answers have been in the "just because" or ''why ask, it's none of your business" classification. Well, I'm a curious person and I like understanding different points of view. I'm not someone that lives in a small world and I like exploring in all different kinds of ways.

KurtMatador
Wrong theard

KurtMatador
Wrong thread.. My bad..

rollnthundr
04-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Annnnnnnnnnddddd this is where it starts...PJ makes sense, ffp makes sense, speed makes sense.. and then you come in and kill it. You now have become the guy in speed umps example who spent more on vacation... and then brags to the one who didn't spend as much that even though he had fun, his will never be just as good because of the cost being cheaper.

Most often those who brag about spending more and belittle those who can't, find value in the bragging. They spend the money on things that they have heard about or things that they associate with being rich. Not enjoying the thing they spent the money on but rather enjoying the rubbing it in to others faces.

CDR Shepard
04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Easy to understand from any level. If you think a wealthy person is better than you are,
then you also think a poorer person is less than you are.

Unfortunatly you are correct. Economics and money have become a persons "worth" these days...

rollnthundr
04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
You missed it CDR...not my point...no reasonable person believes this..not my friends..not FFP

So true Freeforever. Must often the people who think that way are not the rich or the poor. It's a small group of those who have a little and want you to think they have a lot. They have a lack of self worth. That being said, there is a group that finds power in getting people to fear or vilify the rich. Union bosses, politicians and the like.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
If you view MW solely as a game, the spending does not make sense. If you view it as a source of pleasure, then you can begin to understand why people spend money.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM
What's irrational in one person's view, is genius in another's eyes.

If it doesn't involve you, keep your eyes on yours.

As my third grade teacher used to yell, "Children, children, keep your eyes on your own paper and your hands to yourself!"

Drama Llama
04-07-2013, 03:53 PM
why have sex with a human that looks like an animal

Hey I resemble that remark!!

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Most people lack the ability to judge and assess objectively. It is a good trait that facilitates deeper understanding of behaviour. It is also a trait that separates rational beings from fools.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Amy is there for you to look, not to touch.

American Capitalist
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
There are free games that cost a couple bucks to download.
Or, spend a few dollars more and get great console game.
There is NOTHING free about iOS based games, nothing.
Nothing is FREE.
If something tells you its FREE, stay away, far away.
These games tend to have issues that you don't see in console based games.

Your blind support for Gree really pisses me off. Sure, it's tough to get a free game, but why does MW have to be pay-to-win. You enjoy it because you spend tons of money on the game, but it ends up making the game less about skill and strategy and more about who has the deepest pockets. MW could be a game with a membership or could be a one-time purchase app, but instead Gree chooses the way that makes them the most money. I don't blame them, but I don't like people like you that drive up the ridiculous prices.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
^ You've provided your own reasons why MW isn't a game. It is just a source of pleasure.

soulnmysole
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Hey I resemble that remark!!
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/are%20you%20shtting%20me/grand/lhama-are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-152.gif

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Your blind support for Gree really pisses me off. Sure, it's tough to get a free game, but why does MW have to be pay-to-win. You enjoy it because you spend tons of money on the game, but it ends up making the game less about skill and strategy and more about who has the deepest pockets. MW could be a game with a membership or could be a one-time purchase app, but instead Gree chooses the way that makes them the most money. I don't blame them, but I don't like people like you that drive up the ridiculous prices.

I'm loyal to me, myself, and I.

I should care because some person unknown to me doesn't like me?

Dude, I don't want to liked but by about 5 or 6 people.

Hate all you want, I'll never meet you, and if I did; I wouldn't care.

Drama Llama
04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/are%20you%20shtting%20me/grand/lhama-are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-152.gif

See if that isn't the sexiest come hither look ever I don't know what is!

Warpath
04-07-2013, 06:09 PM
No one is right or wrong. We can only agree to disagree!

rollnthundr
04-07-2013, 06:22 PM
PJ, I couldn't agree more. I have no friends online. A friend is someone that comes over my house, knows my family and breaks bread with me.

I was just reading other posts and found out that many spend $1000 plus a month on this game. That is amazing to me. I can only say I hope you all receive more than you intended for your money.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
PJ, I couldn't agree more. I have no friends online. A friend is someone that comes over my house, knows my family and breaks bread with me.

I was just reading other posts and found out that many spend $1000 plus a month on this game. That is amazing to me. I can only say I hope you all receive more than you intended for your money.

In all honesty, hence the vehement criticisms, this game has many people ADDICTED.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 06:44 PM
People will not depart MW on their own motion. Much help is needed. Governments may eventually intervene and regulate these types of games.

Speed ump
04-07-2013, 07:15 PM
AC, you not in the least bit observant. I have never seen PJ blindly supporting gree. He simply states facts of observance.
A fact dosnt change because someone supports it or not. MW dosnt HAVE to be a play topay game, but it is. I dont understand why someone such as yourself, who seems to be professing great hatred for the game, is still here. If i despised something that much, i would simply leave and stop playing. No one is forcing you to be here, and no one forces me to be here. It seems tou are using the game as an excuse to be here, and take out your personal issues on certain individuals. In fact, you sound very much like another forum troll. Is this all you have? Thats so sad.

CDR Shepard
04-07-2013, 08:31 PM
You missed it CDR...not my point...no reasonable person believes this..not my friends..not FFP

I know you don't, and neither do I. I was just simply stating that unfortunatly most today do, and build their lives on it...money has become a target and way too important to some to see and judge any differently. I know wayyyyy to much and meet too many people to follow such ideas

Ps - this is the ffp I met when starting in this forum, don't lose that...

JUJUs Little Brother
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
We are all different.

So, accept what you see and move on, we are all different.

I hope you didn't have relations with someone who looked like an animal.

asdfg12345
04-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Blowing 50k on a game for a multi millionaire feels the same as a college student spending 15 bucks for a movie ticket. It is all relative.

bostoncard
04-07-2013, 11:19 PM

The first rule of the internet is that if you are not paying for the product, then you are not the customer, you are the product. Funzio (and then Gree) chose the freemium model for this game. Their customers are the people who buy gold, not the people like you who pay for free. The product is, yes, the game, but it is also the chumps who don't spend money on the game. Paying customers have an invincible golden army, and no matter how much money or how strong the free/light gold army is, not only can it not stand up to a gold army, it will be demolished. There is some satisfaction to that, and there is nothing you can do about it (other than quitting the game or spending your own money to get your own golden army).

You will understand when you get to the deeper levels of the game.

One last thing. You wouldn't be able to play the game if there weren't people out there willing to pay for gold. Gree will shut this thing down as soon as the cost of sevrers and programers and maintenence is greater than what gold players are paying. So, you should be thankful to them.

I am a cow
04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
The first rule of the internet is that if you are not paying for the product, then you are not the customer, you are the product. Funzio (and then Gree) chose the freemium model for this game. Their customers are the people who buy gold, not the people like you who pay for free. The product is, yes, the game, but it is also the chumps who don't spend money on the game. Paying customers have an invincible golden army, and no matter how much money or how strong the free/light gold army is, not only can it not stand up to a gold army, it will be demolished. There is some satisfaction to that, and there is nothing you can do about it (other than quitting the game or spending your own money to get your own golden army).

One last thing. You wouldn't be able to play the game if there weren't people out there willing to pay for gold. Gree will shut this thing down as soon as the cost of sevrers and programers and maintenence is greater than what gold players are paying. So, you should be thankful to them.

I think that it's agreed then

Fatherllama
04-07-2013, 11:32 PM
The bitter irony of all this is that at this point in the life of Gree games, they'd more likely than not make more money off a subscription model or one which offered cosmetic benefits over pay-to-win. So yes, as it is right now, we wouldn't be able to play if people didn't buy gold, but if people weren't motivated or willing to buy thousands of dollars worth of gold, Gree would adapt and find a way to stay alive. It's not all so clear-cut.

Allblacks
04-07-2013, 11:49 PM
There is no such thing as free lunch. My take is play within your means.

DuncanBAF
04-08-2013, 12:05 AM
AGREEd, to pay or not to play that is your personal question ;)

Sgt_Slaughter
04-08-2013, 08:02 AM
To GREE's credit... There are ally classes. If you remain within your ally class and work on increasing your per ally attack, you can be a beast in this game without spending a dime. Outside of the world domination battles, the per ally strength model is the best way to go. I rarely, if ever, run into anyone at my level of allies who can take me in a battle. The problem comes in when you try to institute a "quick strength scheme" and get "bigger" by adding an enormous amount of allies. Like steroids, it makes you really big very quickly, but the people who didn't steroid up with allies can take you at will. Know your place, cut your allies until your per ally attack is 400+, and enjoy winning every PvP battle...for free. The fact that most people I run into during faction wars have more than 500 allies proves that an overwhelming amount of people in this game don't understand how to play. Unless you have PUN envy, you can enjoy this game and be a beast, without spending ANY MONEY at all.

Just my two cents...or in GREE terms, just my two bars of tapjoy gold.

rollnthundr
04-08-2013, 03:51 PM

I find this idea that because someone pays they can win or dominate the game over others. What I find funny is that you can't win/dominate at all. Even though you may win every battle, the most you can do is take a little of my play money and maybe a character or two but that's it. Then I turn off my computer and go do something else and magically the money reappears over my buildings and I buy new characters. You can't destroy my income buildings or any other building for that matter. You can't take more than a couple of my inventory. You really can't do much harm to my game at all. So to say you"demolish'; is a huge over statement. But amusing that in your world it makes you feel powerful.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I find this idea that because someone pays they can win or dominate the game over others. What I find funny is that you can't win/dominate at all. Even though you may win every battle, the most you can do is take a little of my play money and maybe a character or two but that's it. Then I turn off my computer and go do something else and magically the money reappears over my buildings and I buy new characters. You can't destroy my income buildings or any other building for that matter. You can't take more than a couple of my inventory. You really can't do much harm to my game at all. So to say you"demolish'; is a huge over statement. But amusing that in your world it makes you feel powerful.

No one that understands this game has ever claimed to demolish or smash anyone.

In fact, you can't even win this game.

Bravo Zulu
04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things."

Thoreau, from Walden, ch. 1

rollnthundr
04-10-2013, 11:21 AM
In your opinion, how much does it take to be competitive in this game at the top level? Total amount.

Thief
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
In your opinion, how much does it take to be competitive in this game at the top level? Total amount.

Top what?

The number 1 Player?

Or are we talking about top 50, 500, 5000 etc?

rollnthundr
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Let's go with top 50. What amount up front would it take to be in the top 50? and what amount monthly would it take to stay there??

sparckle
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Every player has a common enemy in this game: it is Gree.

Gen. Jaden
04-11-2013, 08:39 PM
How much money have you spent on MW PJ?

King little fruit fly
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
yep, play for free and be the play toy for gold players.

King little fruit fly
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
And without the free players, i think the gold guys/gals would be bored.

rollnthundr
04-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Still, no body can tell me what it takes to buy a golden army and compete in the top 50?

sraghav42
04-12-2013, 08:30 AM
The real play of modern war is without gold as you need to think differently from others how to increase your stats effectively

sullivankm72
05-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Was able to get gold by using the TapJoy feature and downloading apps. About 2 weeks ago, MW stopped working w/ TapJoy. It now gives me the option to "Register for TapJoy" for 2 gold. But when I select it, it says this offer is no longer available. It never changes.
I've tried logging in to my TapJoy account from Safari and even downloaded a game, but was not credited the gold w/in the game.
I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the game to no avail.

Would take ANY suggestions!

Thanks,
Kevin

Tctiger
05-07-2013, 06:52 AM
always makes me laugh when people say i pay so you can play for free , sorry but you don't ,you pay for you and no one else , pay in what you want to as long as you are not getting carried away and spending money you don't have and as long as you won't look back in a few years and think i wish i hadn't waisted all that money on that iphone game then there is no problem .
p.s i played for free for a year and had great fun .

Tito89
05-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Even air isn't free, we pay the price when we die of cancer from the pollution in the atmosphere. We humans are paying to live, only the dead live free lives, even then I'm not sure the pearly gates doesn't have a cover charge.

Tito89
05-07-2013, 07:18 AM
always makes me laugh when people say i pay so you can play for free , sorry but you don't ,you pay for you and no one else , pay in what you want to as long as you are not getting carried away and spending money you don't have and as long as you won't look back in a few years and think i wish i hadn't waisted all that money on that iphone game then there is no problem .
p.s i played for free for a year and had great fun .

Go man, you give hope to poor people and anger to rich suckers in debt

DME
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
The issue in my opinion isn't so much the pay factor, but the fact that everything is devised in a way to try to force people to pay (excessively long build/upgrade durations coupled with only being able to build and upgrade one building at a time, gold only units that normal units don't even begin to compare to).

Sure, spenders should get some advantages, but the advantages they get really shouldn't be so great that non paying players aren't able to even get close.

Oh well, it's the standard free to play; pay to win model just taken to extremes.

Agent Orange
05-07-2013, 12:06 PM

Because the can.

Armand2REP
05-07-2013, 12:13 PM
GREE and his team has every right to be compensated. My complaint is why everything has to be so expensive? Why does it cost $100 just to buy a single decent unit? Or why does it cost $50 just to save a couple days on a single building? If things were reasonably priced I would spend money. I spent $10 and realized i wasn't going to get anywhere unless I spent a thousand. I think he would make more money if he cut prices in half or more. Now I play free and slow.

VALHALLA.MCADAM
05-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah well said

Sardaukar
05-07-2013, 12:32 PM
GREE and his team?

LOL. Armand, GREE is a multi BILLION dollar company. The founder of that company lost over $700,000,000 in one day when their stock tanked because the Japanese government ruled that one of their biggest moneymakers was going to be illegal. Funzio sold out to GREE for about $280,000,000.

This is not a small company that lacks funding. It is a small team that lacks leadership and integrity. This game is a cash cow. Nothing more.

CommanderHudson
05-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Lol I just wish I had the money some off these guys spend on this game. I'd haves new house and car and some more stuff

Armand2REP
05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
GREE and his team?

LOL. Armand, GREE is a multi BILLION dollar company. The founder of that company lost over $700,000,000 in one day when their stock tanked because the Japanese government ruled that one of their biggest moneymakers was going to be illegal. Funzio sold out to GREE for about $280,000,000.

This is not a small company that lacks funding. It is a small team that lacks leadership and integrity. This game is a cash cow. Nothing more.

Thanks for the economics lesson, what I am trying to impart to GREE is they can make more money if they make it more economical for the masses to invest in their game. If their income base is people with thousands in disposable income they are only tapping 10% of what could be a much wider profit margin. Say 10 people out of 100 pay to play spending $1K each is $10K. If they drop prices in half with 50 people spending $400 each they have doubled their revenue. The price point is too high for them to maximize income.

Sardaukar
05-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I wasn't trying to lecture you. Mostly just taking a free shot at GREE.

Also, they this will cause insane stat inflation so I'm not quite sure how the game will handle that whole scenario.

Armand2REP
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I wasn't trying to lecture you. Mostly just taking a free shot at GREE.

Also, they this will cause insane stat inflation so I'm not quite sure how the game will handle that whole scenario.

As you stated, the reason this game exists is for GREE to make money. Currently there are two levels of players, those gold players at the top, and freebies at the bottom. When a freebie tries to make it to the upper echelons with gold players, they get stomped and quit playing after spending little money. If prices were cut to entice freebies to compete with those gold players, it would bring another dimension to the upper level game when people can spend less money and still compete. Gold players have already spent their money so it is no new investment for GREE. The cash flow that would pour in would at least double revenues. It would accelerate the freebie LLPs into upper levels which took weeks of growth into days and hundreds of $ for GREE. Those that just refuse to spend will be left behind where they sit and nothing will change, but the upper level game will be competitive and a cash cow for sure. When you feel like your money actually buys something of value, you spend more of it.

jjm521
05-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Unfortunatly you are correct. Economics and money have become a persons "worth" these days...

Always been like that my man. Go back 2000 years and things were no different. Why ya think land owners and rulers built everything they could with gold, or sought out high end materials for clothing and the best spices they could find for their meals? There are some things that never change and this is certainly one of them.

Sardaukar
05-07-2013, 03:27 PM
The real problem is you still think these units are worth something, Armand. You can spend $1000 on units this month. You'll be outclassed by your peers within a week. The whole game is an endless spending race. THERE IS NO WINNING.

Took me long enough to realize what this really is. Let's see how long it takes you.

Armand2REP
05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
The real problem is you still think these units are worth something, Armand. You can spend $1000 on units this month. You'll be outclassed by your peers within a week. The whole game is an endless spending race. THERE IS NO WINNING.

Took me long enough to realize what this really is. Let's see how long it takes you.

I made it pretty clear that what gold buys is not worth spending. It was the whole point. :rolleyes:

BigBlueNationAWC
05-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Choices, that's shat run this game, and all games.

THQ
05-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Addiction and also some are just so rich they have so much money lying around