PDA

View Full Version : Why does GREE wants us to level up so bad?

Rastlin
04-07-2013, 06:41 AM
I just don't understand why GREE wants us to level up so much... These LTQ's are killing me with all the exp points; to the point I don't even want to do them. However I am stuck doing them since they boost stats so high, and I can't get left that far behind. Please GREE low the amount of exp gained on the LTQ's.

Totalwar
04-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I on level 170 and like having high Exp points can't wait to get to level 200 also get all thoses great skills points.

Kiss Of Death
04-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Really? They did reduce it... The early LTQ's were far far higher exp. also... Like the gambler who complains and whines at the owner of the pokie machine... 'But if I don't play I won't win like the others.".. So puts their dollar in rather than risk not losing and gets angrybat the results... rememeber... It's a game, you chose to play by your own tactics, there will always be events of one nature or another because as a company they need to make annual revenue or stop running the game. So if you want to camp just camp... Play whatever is around in a years time when you get over your fear of levelling up.

Rastlin
04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Really? They did reduce it... The early LTQ's were far far higher exp. also... Like the gambler who complains and whines at the owner of the pokie machine... 'But if I don't play I won't win like the others.".. So puts their dollar in rather than risk not losing and gets angrybat the results... rememeber... It's a game, you chose to play by your own tactics, there will always be events of one nature or another because as a company they need to make annual revenue or stop running the game. So if you want to camp just camp... Play whatever is around in a years time when you get over your fear of levelling up.
I am not camper buy any means. I just don't like leveling up 5 levels in 4 days...

Kiss Of Death
04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
I am not camper buy any means. I just don't like leveling up 5 levels in 4 days...Ok... Don't do as much LTQ or Big Boss, definitely don't do Guild wars.... All these things boost you in return for items... Play it at your own pace but don't say silly things like this post is titled. It shows us you have just posted like many others, without any real thought to your own statements. This forum used to be a great place for information and support and now seems plastered will poorly thought out statements by players. Such a waste as it drives good threads off the fist page or two very quickly. KoD

Nxy
04-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Everything good is at higher levels. Gree wants you to level because in the long run it's better for you. If you do not want to level then stop attacking people ,stop doing the LTQs ,stop questing. They didnt design this game so you can become a power house at low levels. You have three options. Collect your money upgrade something log off come back later to collect agian, Play the game as intended and level, or Hold down the app till it shakes then click the x in the corner and press ok to confirm you are deleting it. Other than that theres nothing else to say or do. I believe that this game is fairly leveled for the exp gain rate to attack gain. I for one dont want to see level 1 characters new to the game get hit by another level 1 character in the game with other 300k attack.

marko101
04-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Gree only wonts to feed you to the whales! Is this really to much to ask?

Ganja
04-07-2013, 10:08 AM

Hey A -

How are you... just droppin' some lines to say hello. Hope things are well on your side.

Now back to the topic I agree with you. The game is not designed for anyone to be obligated to play any of its event - if you don't like the exp gained then don't do the LTQ or don't go beyond level 30 or 40 in the boss events. If you don't like the cost of gem usage in box events then don't aim for top 250 or 25 or 1... you have a choice.

There is no disclaimer that says "You have to play all or any events or you account will be closed..." heck you can decide not to play any events at all and just collect and build - I heard they call it camping...

Shluggy
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
When I started this game I felt the same as Rastlin, I didn't want to level up that quickly. but the game has really changed and grown even in the short time I've been playing. I guess if your a newbie nowadays its harder NOT to level up quickly. It's finding a balance that works for you, setting yourself some rules and sticking with them.

Fredcole
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I agree Rastlin and i wonder about the same. Around xmas time they put out some serious xp ltq, and didnt take the foot off the gas before the two last ones. Also there has been a really big inflation in stats of units. I guess its to get the campers going, but i rather have Gree leave players to play the way they want.

Kjctnorris
04-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Camping does not make GREE money. Mystery solved.

Dark knight
04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
i agree with him i was camper from start to 90 lvl .. but that prizes make you weak ... and say like ring of lord ... maaaay preeeesuuuyoosh :p... and the bad thing there is no quest for small players .. just over 50 lvl ... and your money talks... like in last dragon war .. 4 or 5 mauntins of gem been used to be in top 50 just me alone other member i dont know 4 or 6 hit cant make you stay over 50top for sure

Rastlin
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Everything good is at higher levels. Gree wants you to level because in the long run it's better for you.
Please do tell. :) I am level 145. What awaits for me at level 200 that I do not know about? For me it was the understanding that in five more levels, I am going to be eaten nonstop by the whales (+600k atk).

Perfuzzie
04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
oh man .. you guys are crying that u want units... u get units 20 times better than a dragon , still crying ... never happy ...
no wonder all the old forum guys are stepping away ...
this forum is gonna turn into a mess soon ..

CJ54
04-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I just don't understand why GREE wants us to level up so much... These LTQ's are killing me with all the exp points; to the point I don't even want to do them. However I am stuck doing them since they boost stats so high, and I can't get left that far behind. Please GREE low the amount of exp gained on the LTQ's.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we don't have an opinion on camping one way or the other and we don't take it into account one way or the other when designing things.

JoKeRjr
04-07-2013, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Perfuzzie;691796]
no wonder all the old forum guys are stepping away ... [QUOTE]

First stared playing about 5 to 6 months ago. I would follow the antics of Johnny, Ratma, The1 and Winstrol. As they have stepped back from the forums, the quality had deterioated significantly. It is not only about information, it is about passion. These guys have it, and they are missed.

Fredcole
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
oh man .. you guys are crying that u want units... u get units 20 times better than a dragon , still crying ... never happy ...
no wonder all the old forum guys are stepping away ...
this forum is gonna turn into a mess soon ..

What you talk about, did you read the thread?

But since you are at it;

Gree has recently altered the "gameplay", stats are ifluating too fast. This game is now a money train, and i think its on the way to the end fast. So unless you have your head up your p2, i think you could agree that its good that some raise their concerns.

And what i really hate about the forums recently is the guys like YOU, who constantly call people who post here whiners if they post anything that you think is obvious, or you dont like being posted. A forum is a place for all kinds of people, and newbies should be able to post without the "forum police" tell them how much they cry or how stupid they are. You are holding this forum down. If you dont like the thread, just stop posting.

One thing is a bad thread or post, but whats really more annoying is the anti posters. Please just shut up if you havent anything to contribute with.

Thanks.

Perfuzzie
04-07-2013, 04:24 PM
What you talk about, did you read the thread?

But since you are at it;

Gree has recently altered the "gameplay", stats are ifluating too fast. This game is now a money train, and i think its on the way to the end fast. So unless you have your head up your p2, i think you could agree that its good that some raise their concerns.

And what i really hate about the forums recently is the guys like YOU, who constantly call people who post here whiners if they post anything that you think is obvious, or you dont like being posted. A forum is a place for all kinds of people, and newbies should be able to post without the "forum police" tell them how much they cry or how stupid they are. You are holding this forum down. If you dont like the thread, just stop posting.

One thing is a bad thread or post, but whats really more annoying is the anti posters. Please just shut up if you havent anything to contribute with.

Thanks.

you are another example of "those guys" that make this forum undesirable.

Fredcole
04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
you are another example of "those guys" that make this forum undesirable.

Well good bye then Jonny-wanneabe. Sorry to destroy the forum for you with my whopping 25 posts. Hope you can find another forum where you can have a go at the people posting, i sure wont miss you.

Ratma2001
04-07-2013, 04:58 PM
And this is why i choose not to post much anymore ,it pains me to keep reading all the dissing-anti social behaviour - he said she said, i read every now and again and post very seldom.
But to add to the O.P, it doesnt worry HLP about levelling up , especially if your around 140+ as most level 200's can see you so your an open target !, something else to W&W about, so you do as many LTQ, Boss as you can try and get higher stats to match those 200 levelers, who still out stat me ! so my Interpretation would be to have more players in the 200 bracket rather than just the old 20 that it used to be , and then you might find some additional levels being added !, ITS YOUR CHOICE !, 2 options.. Camp and miss the big stat units or Move Up and get stronger. your game, play your way.either way you will W&W about it.
What are you ???? a Camper or a Mover !, answer that and you have your answer , why sit and wait for the world ! get out there and live a little...yes it can be scary but nothing that no-one has done before...the footsteps in front of us are the level 200's ...been there done that, and im moving up to meet them head on !

Rastlin
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
But to add to the O.P, it doesnt worry HLP about levelling up , especially if your around 140+ as most level 200's can see you so your an open target !, something else to W&W about, so you do as many LTQ, Boss as you can try and get higher stats to match those 200 levelers, who still out stat me ! so my Interpretation would be to have more players in the 200 bracket rather than just the old 20 that it used to be , and then you might find some additional levels being added !, ITS YOUR CHOICE !, 2 options.. Camp and miss the big stat units or Move Up and get stronger. your game, play your way.either way you will W&W about it.
What are you ???? a Camper or a Mover !, answer that and you have your answer , why sit and wait for the world ! get out there and live a little...yes it can be scary but nothing that no-one has done before...the footsteps in front of us are the level 200's ...been there done that, and im moving up to meet them head on !
Thanks Ratma2001 for your answer! :)

Oso bear
04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Hopefully they will raise the max level to 250 which will stop some of the issues people have. No one wants to level past about 140 because they get crushed for awhile by the big boys. But you can't stop playing to get the good stuff either, so you are stuck in the middle.
Having said that leveling is part of the game and at some point you have to take your lumps or build up your alles/network to protect yourself. Just wish they would add more new things into the game (buildings, guild units, specialities) to help separate people from all being the same.

Fredcole
04-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Good that you got your answer Rastlin.

JoKeRjr
04-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Johnny, Ratma, The1, Winstrol, please don't leave us . . .see my earlier post.

goowokji
04-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Ofcourse the game wants you to level up quickly. When you have leveled up to say "whale territory" and are getting your teeth kicked in everyday. You are left with 2 choices:
1. Quit the game
or
2. Spend real money and hand over your pay check, its simple pay to continue to play otherwise step aside

bfdill
04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
This isn't the first post I've seen recently mentioning leveling up in a negative light. I'm probably missing the obvious, but other than a low level camper, i just don't see the downside to leveling up. Other than picking where to put your stats ;)

Mickeytah
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM

I would bet a paycheck GREE does not have any intention of leveling players up. GREE wants people to buy gems and LTQs are a great way to create a demand for a product that is infinite. Leveling up is just an unavoidable by-product of that.

Mickeytah
04-07-2013, 08:30 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we don't have an opinion on camping one way or the other and we don't take it into account one way or the other when designing things.

Well, now that I have read the thread, it appears I was spot on.

Winstrol
04-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Johnny, Ratma, The1, Winstrol, please don't leave us . . .see my earlier post.
I'm still here , what's your problem ?

Ruston
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Does the word linear ring any bell?

2 comes after 1, 3 after 2 and so on and the range of this game is 1-200.
And the mechanics makes playing this game a journey, whats there to not understand?

There is one simple way to not lvl up and that is to not play at all..

The word camper is synonymous to: I wanna be 7yrs old, own a gun, drive a car , have 1 pregnant wife and a mistress on the side.. and i want the agebonus on my insurance..

/this aint texas!

Kiss Of Death
04-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I agree Rastlin and i wonder about the same. Around xmas time they put out some serious xp ltq, and didnt take the foot off the gas before the two last ones. Also there has been a really big inflation in stats of units. I guess its to get the campers going, but i rather have Gree leave players to play the way they want.

Actually Gree don't sit there and ponder... Hmm how do we get campers to level up? They think hmm how can we make better revenue... You boys live in a weird world of make believe to think what you think... And it's not the world of KA.

Anyway stat jumps are in line with what they did on MW and that generate substantial spending. Before that in MW an KA real spenders had the issue of very little benefit of spending... So what if you get a unit less powerful than a dragon that can't die? As soon as you have dragons those units are a waste of money. LTQs give even free players a random factor based on how far they can get in the LTQ for free that makes the boring outcome of 1million free players all with 1500 dragons and banneret plates/hawkslayer Ar/ Mail crushers and Heavy battle axes. These items and PVE drops make for a variable outcome. Also it's nice to see that when you do spend some real money you can actually see a difference that is worth spending it on.

My old Kiss of Death account for example I spent about $2000 on gems and had minimal stat increases... Just ask Dr Bronson (Bronson) who now plays that account and he now has dragons which make hundreds of the units I bought defunct. so yay to gree for making real money worth it if you want to spend it.

Oh here comes all the free player whinging... Shush little ones.. You can improve your stats too by getting involve in the fun events, without spending!

I have a true camping account to and after 3 months its still level 10 (only ups because if attackers who lose) and its soooooo boooorrrriiiiinnnnggg.... But I have to do it so I can understand this mind numbing camping bit... Don't think I wasn't tempted to do the events but I restrained to stay low level and see if I can personally get every building to level 10 I can build as I slowly level to unlock the next lot. Phew... Time to pay attention to the traffic

Kiss Of Death
04-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Ofcourse the game wants you to level up quickly. When you have leveled up to say "whale territory" and are getting your teeth kicked in everyday. You are left with 2 choices:1. Quit the gameor2. Spend real money and hand over your pay check, its simple pay to continue to play otherwise step aside

ha .... Ha ha..... Ha ha ha ha ha oh this is so why I stopped bothering about the forum and why we created the private forum knights forum last year... To avoid stupid comments by certain types ruining the fun for new players with their pessimist 'the worlds out to get you' personalities.

Ok so juniors seeing this know... There are hundreds I not thousands of players in 'whale territory' as its called. But whales face bigger whales and so on... Always someone below you... Always someone above... All you lose is a percent of your buildings output if they get raided.. Oh dear better quit when you get raided!

Or you might cop an occasional loss of a unit being attacked... Quick quit because the attacker use gems!!!

Hmmm what to do when you get your dragons... Quit..!!!. Because clearly there is nothing left to do...

"Or"... Play the fun events designed to make more fun and alter and improve your stats.. For free.. Replace dragons over a long time with creatures you win in events... Become a mini whale yourself in 'time' and also don't forget guilds to add a social aspect to a game to prevent that dead end our forum criers all fear... Oh quit quickly !

Boy I wish I hadn't bothered to come back to the forums... But I'll try to post occasionally helpful posts for those who actually filter through the reams of posts all ranting and shaking their fists at the world for all its unfairness and not catering to their narsasistic interests.

Quick quit, throw it in, rant at the 'man'

Ruston
04-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Nono.. it should be allowed to avoid exp and still reap all the benefits of leveling up, all buildings/LTQ´s should be available for all levels and they should change the gamemechanics so a lvl 10 could be more powerful than a lvl 186 in a guildwar.

/<irony>

The only thing that gives a little too much exp atm is killing mobs in kando jungle/the barrens but other than that the levelingprogress is a bit on the slow side, i would personally like it even more if you got small amounts of exp from looting your own buildings and invading rivals to scout.

goowokji
04-08-2013, 01:56 PM
ha .... Ha ha..... Ha ha ha ha ha oh this is so why I stopped bothering about the forum and why we created the private forum knights forum last year... To avoid stupid comments by certain types ruining the fun for new players with their pessimist 'the worlds out to get you' personalities.

Ok so juniors seeing this know... There are hundreds I not thousands of players in 'whale territory' as its called. But whales face bigger whales and so on... Always someone below you... Always someone above... All you lose is a percent of your buildings output if they get raided.. Oh dear better quit when you get raided!

Or you might cop an occasional loss of a unit being attacked... Quick quit because the attacker use gems!!!

Hmmm what to do when you get your dragons... Quit..!!!. Because clearly there is nothing left to do...

"Or"... Play the fun events designed to make more fun and alter and improve your stats.. For free.. Replace dragons over a long time with creatures you win in events... Become a mini whale yourself in 'time' and also don't forget guilds to add a social aspect to a game to prevent that dead end our forum criers all fear... Oh quit quickly !

Boy I wish I hadn't bothered to come back to the forums... But I'll try to post occasionally helpful posts for those who actually filter through the reams of posts all ranting and shaking their fists at the world for all its unfairness and not catering to their narsasistic interests.

Quick quit, throw it in, rant at the 'man'

KOD is was an honor to be attacked by you several months ago. Now that pleasantries are out of the way lets get down to business. Lets be honest the top prizes to LTQ's, box events, guild wars can only be attained with gems. As hard as a free player might try they will not be able to compete with a gem spender.

Yes there will always be someone stronger but to have atleast a fighting chance, lets say be in the top 80% of your lvl, gems is a must for reasons mention above. The projected max att/def for a free player with 500 allies, boost bdlgs, weapons and armor is limited to 241k/192k, plus a few thousand more for def buildings. As impressive as those numbers are, they pale in comparison to most gem spenders.

I have provided to 2 options of what anyone can do in this game it may not be to your liking but mocking my post qualifies you as someone who ruins this forum. I thought this forum was for people to learn and state their opinions didn't realize we were the borg collective. So instead of bashing my post just state your solution. BTW your solution is flawed, how many LTQ or LTE must one do do to replace 1500 dragon units with higher stat indestructibles? All the while gaining exp and pushing you closer to the whales. And while you participate in these events and win some of the prizes the gem spenders will more than likely reap all the top prizes and thus increasing the power gap.

You of all people should know how easy it is to increase stats with the use of gems. But the question is why did you use gems? could it be to get top prize indestructibles and thereby gaining a power advantage over free players. That may not have been your goal but the end result is the same.

Jixx
04-08-2013, 02:06 PM
KOD is was an honor to be attacked by you several months ago. Now that pleasantries are out of the way lets get down to business. Lets be honest the top prizes to LTQ's, box events, guild wars can only be attained with gems. As hard as a free player might try they will not be able to compete with a gem spender.

Yes there will always be someone stronger but to have atleast a fighting chance, lets say be in the top 80% of your lvl, gems is a must for reasons mention above. The projected max att/def for a free player with 500 allies, boost bdlgs, weapons and armor is limited to 241k/192k, plus a few thousand more for def buildings. As impressive as those numbers are, they pale in comparison to most gem spenders.

I have provided to 2 options of what anyone can do in this game it may not be to your liking but mocking my post qualifies you as someone who ruins this forum. I thought this forum was for people to learn and state their opinions didn't realize we were the borg collective. So instead of bashing my post just state your solution. BTW your solution is flawed, how many LTQ or LTE must one do do to replace 1500 dragon units with higher stat indestructibles? All the while gaining exp and pushing you closer to the whales. And while you participate in these events and win some of the prizes the gem spenders will more than likely reap all the top prizes and thus increasing the power gap.

You of all people should know how easy it is to increase stats with the use of gems. But the question is why did you use gems? could it be to get top prize indestructibles and thereby gaining a power advantage over free players. That may not have been your goal but the end result is the same.

im nearing your "Max stats" for a free player, only several hundred hydra's and no dragons.

just saying.

Kjctnorris
04-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I think the reason people have an issue with others complaining about the disparity between gem and free players is the entitlement attitude. Why does a solution need to be presented, especially if many don't feel there is a problem?

GREE spent over $200M buying these games from Funzio. Naturally they're going to do whatever they can to get a return on that investment. Why do people complain about that? All the GREEdy jokes are childish at best. If you want to complain about GREE, complain about their costumer service, lack of dealing with hackers, or releasing of events when they're all bugged to hell. However, complaining about a business giving VIP treatment to those who bring a return on their investment is just dumb.

Secondly, no one makes anyone play this game. If you don't like it, play something else. Why should a company who invested hundreds of millions bend over backwards for a handful of vocal, self-entitled malcontents on these forums? For every free player who expresses dissatisfaction on these forums, there's probably another hundred or so who don't say a peep and go about enjoying the game. For free.

I played this game for months for free. But since I enjoy it, I've decided to take the leap into the pool of gem players. The water is great over here, but the park does have an admission fee. That's just life.

goowokji
04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
@Kjctnorris, I agree with your assessment. I think my reply to KOD was misunderstood. I wasn't complaining about the disparity between free and gem players. I wanted to point out that inorder to compete with the whales gems is a must . My original post was to give my opinion as to why GREE would want players to level up quickly and 2 possible options when you reach whale territory. 1. they can quit or 2. start using gems.

@Jixx , my calculations were solely based on a dragon army excluding indestructibles won from events or quests.

Congrats to you both for placing 10th in Dragon's Roost

Dracos
04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
I never camped and looked tried to time my lvling during a LTQ whe I was at or very near 0 energy. Before gree changed the Rival list I could attack and raid without checking stats. Maybe 1 in 200 attack/raids I lost after I finished my first LTQ, scared brawler, by doing the energy quest, and not spending gems on the box, epic boss quest I'm still strong for my lvl. Im at lvl 137 461/430 w/375 alies. With the new rival list I see a broad range of people from lvl 123 -159, with 200-600k stats. maybe when I get to see the 200 people things will change but it looks to me that I will always have someone to raid and someone will always raid me. I no people that are 175 and only have 200k stats sucks to be them but they still find people to get.
It doesn't matter if you do every event because there are people out there that are doing them to so you will never catch up. But you will catch the guy that says I'm gonna take this one off or only completes the normal LTQ. In my guild I tore pass some people who ever 100k high than me and others have made their lead even wider.
Like someone said before play the game how you want to just have fun.

RandomUser
04-09-2013, 12:13 AM
The only thing that gives a little too much exp atm is killing mobs in kando jungle/the barrens but other than that the levelingprogress is a bit on the slow side, i would personally like it even more if you got small amounts of exp from looting your own buildings and invading rivals to scout.

Did you just suggest being able to raid your own buildings? For experience points?

Really??

Ruston
04-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Did you just suggest being able to raid your own buildings? For experience points?

Really??

"im certain i heard a coin get stuck in a coinslot just now" ;)

When you take the money from your own production i call it looting, you might have a different name for it but just to be certain that you understand what i mean.

-When moneysack is on top of house i click it and recieve gold.

I did not mean raiding and sacking my own buildings... that would be somewhat selfdestructive.

I did however suggest something in the shape of:
-Everything that makes you stronger should move you along to get bigger also.

I have a somewhat broad experience from other similar games and there is always the same phenomenon.. The guys who wants endgame privilegies but refuse to follow the lineage of the game.

IRL it would be something like:I wanna be tough and mean too, but my skills and funds doesnt back me up, i wanna be the meanest bully in the playground, and i want ppl to fear me so i deliberately fail my exams over and over again so i dont have to move up in the educational system.. making me the only 26yrold in 4th grade.
Other 26yrolds will probably use me as TP in a fair fight but when im in my own classroom.. oh' man, can i make the other 4th grade kids suffer or what?!

So if youre lvl 51 and own 2 lvl 10 manors you should get exp from looting your 2x250'000 every 48 hours.

Ruston
04-09-2013, 01:13 AM
add: its kindof obvious that i dont like campers, aaait?

Jixx
04-09-2013, 01:24 AM
"im certain i heard a coin get stuck in a coinslot just now" ;)

When you take the money from your own production i call it looting, you might have a different name for it but just to be certain that you understand what i mean.

-When moneysack is on top of house i click it and recieve gold.

I did not mean raiding and sacking my own buildings... that would be somewhat selfdestructive.

I did however suggest something in the shape of:
-Everything that makes you stronger should move you along to get bigger also.

I have a somewhat broad experience from other similar games and there is always the same phenomenon.. The guys who wants endgame privilegies but refuse to follow the lineage of the game.

IRL it would be something like:I wanna be tough and mean too, but my skills and funds doesnt back me up, i wanna be the meanest bully in the playground, and i want ppl to fear me so i deliberately fail my exams over and over again so i dont have to move up in the educational system.. making me the only 26yrold in 4th grade.
Other 26yrolds will probably use me as TP in a fair fight but when im in my own classroom.. oh' man, can i make the other 4th grade kids suffer or what?!

So if youre lvl 51 and own 2 lvl 10 manors you should get exp from looting your 2x250'000 every 48 hours.

collection is a bit overkill, howabout getting experience for building/upgrading buildings?

sparckle
04-09-2013, 05:08 AM
There's no point reasoning with idiots. KoD can't even read a simple splash screen. So yeah, a real genius right there.

Onto more important matters. goowokji's thinking is correct.

If no one levels, who is going to feed the whales? So Gree gives campers some bait in the form of LTQ prizes to level them into whale territory. Once you're in that zone, it's serious business. You either quit out of frustration, or spend on gems out of frustration. Either way you will be frustrated. But who is to blame when you (the player) is the one that took the bait?

Kiss Of Death
04-11-2013, 01:00 AM

Your calculations are wrong. Secondly LTQ drops are far far more powerful than any you can buy, thirdly long term play has two outcomes, camp your butt off but still have to eventually level up, or level up and camp later, both require excessive time but if you spend your time doing LTQ's, boss events and PvE to gain a dozen items or more every time more powerful than Dragons and gold based items... over the TIME most campers spend winging about exp. avoiding it and scrouging away like misers, and you'll be replacing your units that can die with units that can't. Me yes I use gems, but I also have pure free camping accounts for fun. I understand both psychologies and still stand here and say, you WILL all eventually level up so might as well do it now and have active fun playing daily getting cool loot and creatures that can't die and focus less on saving for that 1 million for months for your final upgrade... at level 50. Enjoy a l;ittle game for what it is, camping is fine but if you ever thought a game would benefit non payers it wont. For the first time in history free players actually CAN get some great items being clever and playing. Last year GEM spenders had the advantage in a massive way, now its less, 1500 units that cant die is 1500 units that cant die, so focus on that long term thought, even low stat ones you could forget the whole buying thing and just buy equipment and do boss and LTQ's and scratchies for free and build over a year 1500 undying units armies! sigh... no one thinks this stuff through properly... good night

Kiss Of Death
04-11-2013, 01:02 AM
There's no point reasoning with idiots. KoD can't even read a simple splash screen. So yeah, a real genius right there.

Onto more important matters. goowokji's thinking is correct.

If no one levels, who is going to feed the whales? So Gree gives campers some bait in the form of LTQ prizes to level them into whale territory. Once you're in that zone, it's serious business. You either quit out of frustration, or spend on gems out of frustration. Either way you will be frustrated. But who is to blame when you (the player) is the one that took the bait?Sparkle see my post below... you're not bright enough to argue with it seems. Night

sparckle
04-11-2013, 06:38 AM
^ You mean see your post above...

Very rarely do I reason with ill-sighted people like you. But nonetheless, you seem genuine and not the trolling type. So I will attempt to reason. Your lack of prudence however, is troubling.

Take a chill pill and have a good think about the lack of merit in your advice. You win a few LTQ prizes. You become stronger. But now you're thrust into whale territory. What is the point of becoming a little stronger when your environment becomes significantly harsher? This is a game of relativity. Your advice leads free players to become relatively weaker. The only way a free player can remain strong is to avoid the whales completely by camping.

I can camp indefinitely and only level when conditions are truly no longer favourable for campers. You can argue it's boring to camp, but that only means you lack self-restraint. A lack of self-restraint is exactly what Gree wants from you and is the recipe for disaster for any player, free or gem spender. This game isn't designed to be won. It's designed to bleed you dry. Camping is the only way to avoid this Gree-tactic.

Kiss Of Death
04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
^ You mean see your post above...Very rarely do I reason with ill-sighted people like you. But nonetheless, you seem genuine and not the trolling type. So I will attempt to reason. Your lack of prudence however, is troubling.Take a chill pill and have a good think about the lack of merit in your advice. You win a few LTQ prizes. You become stronger. But now you're thrust into whale territory. What is the point of becoming a little stronger when your environment becomes significantly harsher? This is a game of relativity. Your advice leads free players to become relatively weaker. The only way a free player can remain strong is to avoid the whales completely by camping.I can camp indefinitely and only level when conditions are truly no longer favourable for campers. You can argue it's boring to camp, but that only means you lack self-restraint. A lack of self-restraint is exactly what Gree wants from you and is the recipe for disaster for any player, free or gem spender. This game isn't designed to be won. It's designed to bleed you dry. Camping is the only way to avoid this Gree-tactic.Much better now I can respond on equal level. Yes I understand your view point and yes.. I lack self restraint as an individual just look at my profile of me wearing my bathers over there "I want it all now" however I see this as a game and my thoughts used to be with yours (now you're sparckling ... Did you miss-spell that on purpose?) when I was a gem spender last year both in MW and KA units were not way over what in game cash/gold can buy so the money invested mostly gave you the advantage of replacing units that die with ones that don't. The more powerful ones gave you a jump of a few hundred at most each for quite a lot of money. Both in MW and KA this went out the window in several ways:big boss, LTQ's... Even in a mild way scratchies. these events give free players an ability to earn even medium (before insane stats started) level units that can't die equal to what early gem spenders invested in at great cost but for nothing! It devalued the gem spending of the early days, players spent less because now EVERYONE was getting the units for free that used to cost. gem spenders felt ripped off. It seems gree reacted by upping stats to reatract the gem spenders again they had so badly peeved off. Like me. So yes by spending gems now I along with thousands of other have high but very variable stats. But my free account for example has over 200 units that can't die all as or more powerful than dragons after a year... So my point stands. Don't bother saving for dragons if you are happy to take time gold is defunct except for boost buildings and cash to help in boss events. Ultimately ANY player with time is going to have an undying army more powerful than dragons anyway. As long as you can play the constant boss and LTQ's as far a you can you will ultimately become a pure undying army anyway. Gem spenders within a year, free players gradually over longer but ultimately they will be better off far sooner than campers. sparkle when you post properly I am also happy to answer properly.

Shinazueli
04-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Much better now I can respond on equal level. Yes I understand your view point and yes.. I lack self restraint as an individual just look at my profile of me wearing my bathers over there "I want it all now" however I see this as a game and my thoughts used to be with yours (now you're sparckling ... Did you miss-spell that on purpose?) when I was a gem spender last year both in MW and KA units were not way over what in game cash/gold can buy so the money invested mostly gave you the advantage of replacing units that die with ones that don't. The more powerful ones gave you a jump of a few hundred at most each for quite a lot of money. Both in MW and KA this went out the window in several ways:big boss, LTQ's... Even in a mild way scratchies. these events give free players an ability to earn even medium (before insane stats started) level units that can't die equal to what early gem spenders invested in at great cost but for nothing! It devalued the gem spending of the early days, players spent less because now EVERYONE was getting the units for free that used to cost. gem spenders felt ripped off. It seems gree reacted by upping stats to reatract the gem spenders again they had so badly peeved off. Like me. So yes by spending gems now I along with thousands of other have high but very variable stats. But my free account for example has over 200 units that can't die all as or more powerful than dragons after a year... So my point stands. Don't bother saving for dragons if you are happy to take time gold is defunct except for boost buildings and cash to help in boss events. Ultimately ANY player with time is going to have an undying army more powerful than dragons anyway. As long as you can play the constant boss and LTQ's as far a you can you will ultimately become a pure undying army anyway. Gem spenders within a year, free players gradually over longer but ultimately they will be better off far sooner than campers. sparkle when you post properly I am also happy to answer properly.

KoD, he's a straight troll(and a cheating one, at that). Don't feed him.

While I agree with your premise that we will all eventually need to level up, and that camping is generally bad to start now, it's still an effective tactic at the extreme low levels. However, it's no longer the panacea to fix all wrongs that it used to be. The longer you need to camp to finish your overvault upgrades, the more LTQs you miss and the farther you fall behind when you do eventually decide to level. If in fact you decide that you absolutely never want to spend to play this game, then you pretty much can't level or you won't be competitive. If you don't want to be competitive, then what's the point? Camping is supposed to end, but as it stands, it truly is smarter for a CFP to never stop camping. They'll never ever compete at higher levels.

General, balanced advice for any player : if you don't mind spending every few LTQs, then camp only as long as you need to in order to build your (not yet defunct) bd10. Then do every LTQ that you can. If you are dead set on remaining a CFP, then you pretty much need to stay at low levels for ever. It's not the same game it was a few months ago, where an army full of dragons meant you were safe from all but the deepest pockets. Now every Tom **** and Hairy has one, and about 200k stats from LTQs to boot. If you don't want to drop everything in your life when your manors come due, then you'll not want to be up here.

Enough for now.

P4TR1C14N
04-12-2013, 03:45 AM
If you want to camp and don't participate in LTQ/LTE, you will have imho a gap that you can't close anymore compared to a free player that does the LTQ/LTE. Any free good indestructible unit is great.