PDA

View Full Version : Gems??

Barryboo
04-07-2013, 05:15 AM
With the debate of whether the New dark chest is worth it. What is the best thing to spend gems on?
I currently have 26 and was going to use on the new chest but wont now since a large amount of people have had bad results from it.
What should I use my gems on?

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 05:23 AM
The best choice is to keep it.
I will never spend gem on opening chest. There are many top armors that you can craft and fuse, no need to open. Mostly you will get a hydra or even snakeskin or worse....
I spend all my gems on maxing out Training Field, although I currently only have six of them, but each of them can generate 48000 golds per day, that's lot of money. I can use them to max out lv50 armors or later max out lv70 armors.
With the debate of whether the New dark chest is worth it. What is the best thing to spend gems on?
I currently have 26 and was going to use on the new chest but wont now since a large amount of people have had bad results from it.
What should I use my gems on?

Barryboo
04-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have 3 Armorsmith. another 1 costs twenty gems. would this be a good idea to get this as a few people have said they have 4 armorsmiths.

deathexe
04-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have 3 Armorsmith. another 1 costs twenty gems. would this be a good idea to get this as a few people have said they have 4 armorsmiths.

Actually whether you want to spend your gems on the dark prince chest or armorsmiths or buildings is up to your preference. However, if you think about it, having and extra armorsmith or building only speed things up abit. If you're willing to wait a little longer you wouldn't need to spend gems on buildings. However, the dark prince chest, as bad as it may be, provides armors that can't be gotten anywhere else. So I guess that's something worth considering. Currently I have 50 gems waiting to be spent. I'll probably wait till the day the dark prince chest gets improved (if that day ever comes) and then spend it on that.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 06:34 AM
The efficiency of buildings are really important. So the fourth armorsmith is a must buy building.
But I do not recommend you to buy now, you should at least expand more spots and make sure you get enough spots for training field (ensure your income), then probably buy the 4th armorsmith.
The most important thing is always the time! not golds or gems or whatever. If you save your gems and do not enhance your efficiency, you will waste many leisure time, and these time which you should do something else.
Don't get the flunky mind, the dark prince chest in totally garbage, the ONLY stuff you can gain from here is the nemesis, other can be gain from farming or the enhanced chest (you can farm boss to gain many), but not think you can gain a super armor, that can be daydream.
As many people like the top 3 armor, such as Inferno, dark prince and swamp, these can be gained by crafting, better than the armor all you gain from the rubbish dark prince chest.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 07:00 AM
quote some people's results of opening dark prince chest
1. Crius
2. Wind Monarch
3. Snakeskin
4. Monks
5. Monks
6. Hydra
7. Snakeskin
8. Glacier
9. Wicked Wraith :3
10. Living Flame
11. Flowstone
you can see only the wicked wraith is good, other all crabs, you can gain by crafting, do not waste the gems.

deathexe
04-07-2013, 07:25 AM
quote some people's results of opening dark prince chest
1. Crius
2. Wind Monarch
3. Snakeskin
4. Monks
5. Monks
6. Hydra
7. Snakeskin
8. Glacier
9. Wicked Wraith :3
10. Living Flame
11. Flowstone
you can see only the wicked wraith is good, other all crabs, you can gain by crafting, do not waste the gems.

You can also get armors unavailable anywhere else like certain plus armors, nemesis armors, and event boss armors that have already passed too. However I do admit that currently the outcomes from the chest are less than desirable haha. Just thought that I would point that out.

DreamM0d3
04-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Hmm both sides have valid points but I think the price of dark prince now is too steep considering the less than appealing rewards. On the other hand, if nemesis gets returned to enchanted and the rewards fo dark prince are at least 3 stars or + versions of 2 star armors, then I say go for dark prince.

Regarding 4 smiths, that too is also preference but I'll say that if you want to get it, wait till you have at least expanded sufficiently or have upgraded your training fields to some extent. Then again, usage of gems differ between players. Those who are willing to spend money will of course be more willing to upgrade their stuff whereas those who do not have the option of spending might wanna save their gems for future surprises.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
GREE actually faces a difficult issue of improving. If they eliminate these garbage armor, the dark prince chest would be too good and destroy the game balance, and it's pretty hard for them for right back the chest since they earn the money from players.
For this player, he only get 26 gems, if he gamble on the dark prince chest, it would be too risky, highly possible to lose. If he spend on enhancing, that would be certain benefit gain.
If he gain more free gems, that he may try one or two dark prince chest, maybe he will get good luck, otherwise, he still own few gems.
You can also get armors unavailable anywhere else like certain plus armors, nemesis armors, and event boss armors that have already passed too. However I do admit that currently the outcomes from the chest are less than desirable haha. Just thought that I would point that out.

DreamM0d3
04-07-2013, 07:40 AM
GREE actually faces a difficult issue of improving. If they eliminate these garbage armor, the dark prince chest would be too good and destroy the game balance, and it's pretty hard for them for right back the chest since they earn the money from players.
For this player, he only get 26 gems, if he gamble on the dark prince chest, it would be too risky, highly possible to lose. If he spend on enhancing, that would be certain benefit gain.
If he gain more free gems, that he may try one or two dark prince chest, maybe he will get good luck, otherwise, he still own few gems.

On the contrary, if the cost of dark prince decreases or the rewards are improved, we might see people be more willing to spend money to buy gems. This could in turn possibly generate more total income for GREE. I understand that the re-picking of chests in the older updates might not make a return because of their low gem cost, however, I still believe that dark prince chest requires at least some buffing.

deathexe
04-07-2013, 07:40 AM

Haha you do make a good point there. Anyways If I were to pick a building to build/upgrade I'd probably build another armorsmith instead of upgrading the buildings. Speeds up the enchanting process if that's what you're looking for.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Hmm both sides have valid points but I think the price of dark prince now is too steep considering the less than appealing rewards. On the other hand, if nemesis gets returned to enchanted and the rewards fo dark prince are at least 3 stars or + versions of 2 star armors, then I say go for dark prince.

Regarding 4 smiths, that too is also preference but I'll say that if you want to get it, wait till you have at least expanded sufficiently or have upgraded your training fields to some extent. Then again, usage of gems differ between players. Those who are willing to spend money will of course be more willing to upgrade their stuff whereas those who do not have the option of spending might wanna save their gems for future surprises.Agreed, the nemesis need to right back to the enhanced chest, and eliminate the rubbish armor from the dark prince.
And actually, there is a psychological effect of opening chest, especially for those beginner who own limit gems, they will certainly happy if they gain great armor, but highly possibility get dominated by the regret of failing, that can be awful for them, so it's too risky for them no matter how good the chest is. If there is a chance of winning great armor, on the other side, there must be a higher chance to lose, and most people who own limit gems cannot bear that bad mood.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Haha you do make a good point there. Anyways If I were to pick a building to build/upgrade I'd probably build another armorsmith instead of upgrading the buildings. Speeds up the enchanting process if that's what you're looking for.yep, i just take examples. If I need to choose the 4th armorsmith and the building enhacement, I certainly will choose the 4th armorsmith. Level 2 Training Field is enough for most people.
Personally, I gained many free gems from finish orders, so I upgrade my Training field to the max and plan to buy the 4th armorsmith after further expansions.

DreamM0d3
04-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Agreed, the nemesis need to right back to the enhanced chest, and eliminate the rubbish armor from the dark prince.
And actually, there is a psychological effect of opening chest, especially for those beginner who own limit gems, they will certainly happy if they gain great armor, but highly possibility get dominated by the regret of failing, that can be awful for them, so it's too risky for them no matter how good the chest is. If there is a chance of winning great armor, on the other side, there must be a higher chance to lose, and most people who own limit gems cannot bear that bad mood.

Agreed. I was furious when I opened a dark prince chest only to get a chimera corp armor. It wasn't that bad for me becuase I already had decent armor equipped. For a beginner however, this disappointment might actually result in one lost customer for GREE.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 08:00 AM
On the contrary, if the cost of dark prince decreases or the rewards are improved, we might see people be more willing to spend money to buy gems. This could in turn possibly generate more total income for GREE. I understand that the re-picking of chests in the older updates might not make a return because of their low gem cost, however, I still believe that dark prince chest requires at least some buffing.exactly, that's another psychological effect. But some rational people like me, may never gamble by costing gems, because gems are not like golds, they must be gained fair benefit.

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 08:05 AM
yep, so the tutorial should make more sweet tips to beginners, which may not easily let customer feel disappointed.
Using gems to open chest more like gambling, but fusion using golds can be much more interesting, if we lose, we still can gain material (for other armor enhancement), if we gain what we want, that would be joy.
Agreed. I was furious when I opened a dark prince chest only to get a chimera corp armor. It wasn't that bad for me becuase I already had decent armor equipped. For a beginner however, this disappointment might actually result in one lost customer for GREE.

Barryboo
04-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Lots of good info here. to me the dark prince chest shouldnt be a "gamble". Before the change when enchanted was the top chest you would more than likely be happy with what you got.
I have upgrade all my 10 training fields to level 2. the next upgrade costs 35 gems!!.
I am leaning more to the 4th armorsmith

Harvey Guo
04-07-2013, 12:02 PM
yep, the 4th armorsmith is the best choice for you. I've got hundreds of gems, so that's why I upgrade my training fields all....
Lots of good info here. to me the dark prince chest shouldnt be a "gamble". Before the change when enchanted was the top chest you would more than likely be happy with what you got.
I have upgrade all my 10 training fields to level 2. the next upgrade costs 35 gems!!.
I am leaning more to the 4th armorsmith