PDA

View Full Version : Gold spending question.

Swedevil
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Say I wanted to spend like $20 a month (650 gold bars)...how would you suggest these bars be spent?
The way I see it going, I'd assume the best way would be to buy crates in 3 for 175 and get the prizes from those to help boost stats. Anyone have other suggestions?

Ghost Recon
04-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Say I wanted to spend like $20 a month (650 gold bars)...how would you suggest these bars be spent?
The way I see it going, I'd assume the best way would be to buy crates in 3 for 175 and get the prizes from those to help boost stats. Anyone have other suggestions?Depends on when you bought it. If a syndicate battle is coming up and you're just shy of the next prize tier, I'd use it there. If an Epic Boss or Collect 10 event was going on, I'd use it on those. If nothing special is coming up, I'd just spend in on whatever (Crates, Scratchers, etc.)

Swedevil
04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Are the scratches worth it? It's 20 for an item that hopefully will be obsolete and under stats for what I'm equipping when I'm getting crate items.
As far as the boss and collect 10 events, it's so much of a chance...I was at 9 and used ~500 gold to not get my 10th bond. I had 41 opens after my 9th bond was received and never got the 10th one. Even opened 17 in OT and didn't help...that makes me think its not worth it there. Boss events I can understand. I should've bought my gold earlier and used it to get to 40 instead of stopping at 30..my mistake there

MattThomas08
04-06-2013, 09:40 PM
If your stats in your sig are right, you've got some work to do before you're a boss killer since you just passed the tier, but once you get close to there, your gold is (and pretty much everything else in your game should be) best spent finishing off 40 bosses. It's the bees knees.

Until then, I say definitely no to scratchers and spend it on limited time items or crates, spending if you like to gamble or not.

the_brein
04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
With one major exception to post above: if Gree comes out with another promo building, get it. Last one was the Frosty Hideout. Those wee beasts. All previous promo buildings were also amazing. These will win the game for you.

Swedevil
04-06-2013, 10:13 PM
If your stats in your sig are right, you've got some work to do before you're a boss killer since you just passed the tier, but once you get close to there, your gold is (and pretty much everything else in your game should be) best spent finishing off 40 bosses. It's the bees knees.

Until then, I say definitely no to scratchers and spend it on limited time items or crates, spending if you like to gamble or not.
The stats are actually a little off. Level 39- 20k/23k. That's a reason I'm looking at crates, to help boost those numbers (though they are high when looking at the majority at my level)...
I plan to sit here after the battle and build my iph up. But I do agree that the boss ones are the best. I got the car from bean town Bernie or whatever. That was the first boss I was here for.

With one major exception to post above: if Gree comes out with another promo building, get it. Last one was the Frosty Hideout. Those wee beasts. All previous promo buildings were also amazing. These will win the game for you.
I plan to get one if they one out with one, but that would be extra spent, not included inthe normally monthly amount.

the_brein
04-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Man, I've always been skeptical about the crates.

The limited time items always rock. As far as I can tell, they are always better than the regularly stocked items. Take the gamble out if it and go for he sure thing.

I had started doing $20 a month. Then I moved it up to $50 a month. Except when there's a 40% off sale. I get a vault then.

Blackhart217
04-06-2013, 11:14 PM
I really hope they bring back the Frosty Hideout this year, just started playing CC after it was gone.

I used about 500 gold to beat the Last Boss. Will prob need about 300 to beat the next one. Will never use it on the Collect 20/current event though.

haywood
04-07-2013, 03:41 AM
In my experience, crates are your best bet. Especially at your stat level you should see a nice increase, won't level up, and you will be more powerful for future bosses........ do it, c'mon do it

mofisto
04-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Crates and boss events. Limited edition gold items are rarely worth it (there are exceptions though).

Scratchers are a waste.

Henchmen are always a good bet though.

Crime Time
04-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Crates and boss events. Limited edition gold items are rarely worth it (there are exceptions though).

Scratchers are a waste.

Henchmen are always a good bet though.

Agree with almost everything you said... Except henchmen are always a good bet..... My experience henchmen are a worthless...oh wait... You are not talking about the poster above...damn... Disregard...lol

Swedevil
04-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Henchmen? Explain?
The way I equate it, I can get a time bomb for 60/60(120) that costs 60 gold. You're paying 1/2 a bar for each stat increase (thought you wouldn't have to worry as much about consuableswith tht)...
With a crate, the lowest ranked item in there right now is 66/102 (168) and costs 58.3 gold (175/3). You're paying (without a calculator) roughly 1/3 gold bar for every stat.that doesn't een take in to consideration that there are rares and uncommons that would be even more worth it in the long run.

l1ster
04-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Henchmen? Explain?
The way I equate it, I can get a time bomb for 60/60(120) that costs 60 gold. You're paying 1/2 a bar for each stat increase (thought you wouldn't have to worry as much about consuableswith tht)...
With a crate, the lowest ranked item in there right now is 66/102 (168) and costs 58.3 gold (175/3). You're paying (without a calculator) roughly 1/3 gold bar for every stat.that doesn't een take in to consideration that there are rares and uncommons that would be even more worth it in the long run.

Your logic re crates is sound - I did the same calculation and assuming that one doesn't consistently get commons (and based on personal experience and from reading posts here that doesn't happen) then crates offer better value over LE items. I've bought maybe 5 or 6 crates in the last few weeks and only got all commons once.

As for henchmen, don't waste your money. It's a bit of an in-joke on the forum that henchmen are really useful when they are actually completely pointless (You can just go to the Add Mafia section and invite friends that way or become a VIP). There are certainly better things to spend the 17 gold on that each henchman would cost.

Swedevil
04-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I've gotten the '3crate special' one one and all were commons but it still was better then any other option stay wise that was available. Hopefully that's not consistent.

As far as henchmen, I didn't realize the 'plus one mafia' was called henchmen.

How often are the prizes in the crates replaced? I know these just came out like last week. Are the redone once a month or more consistently? Asking because I wouldn't want to buy 9 crates (525 gold) of the same crates only to find newer ones come out as often as the LE get replaced.

TRAZ
04-07-2013, 10:50 AM
new crates are released quite frequently. Buy what's best for you and your play style.

PC77
04-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Say I wanted to spend like $20 a month (650 gold bars)

Can I get some at that price please, 650 gold, normal price, would cost me 45euro everytime, which is at least $50.

gambet1234
04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
!!! I gave them $50 and a ton of my time and got NOTHING in return... 0, zilch, nada, NOTHING !!!

Save up for a few months and buy your gold during a 40% off sale. Buy it by the vault if you buy it at all. Never spend it on the 100% vig, rigged payout, gambling system that GREE runs without permission from the California gaming commission. Spend it on the top 5 gold buildings if you don't consider burning money a good time.

DON'T spend it trying to get a collect 10 event prize unless you are willing to pump gigantic and unknown sums of money at it. I just wasted $50 and all of my free gold I was saving for gold buildings trying to get the 30% cheaper upgrades modifier. I slept 50 min at a time for two days, figuring that once I got it I could sleep for a month straight and still be ahead in the game. On that note, just Don't spend your money on gold... especially for something this buggy and laggy. Go buy a new PS3 game or something and spend $20 less.

I would have had more fun burning the money, dollar by dollar, while howling obscenities toward GREE at the moon.
Save your cash... most likely you will get nothing in return for your hard earned, real life money...

procsyzarc
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
!!! I gave them $50 and a ton of my time and got NOTHING in return... 0, zilch, nada, NOTHING !!!

Save up for a few months and buy your gold during a 40% off sale. Buy it by the vault if you buy it at all. Never spend it on the 100% vig, rigged payout, gambling system that GREE runs without permission from the California gaming commission. Spend it on the top 5 gold buildings if you don't consider burning money a good time.

DON'T spend it trying to get a collect 10 event prize unless you are willing to pump gigantic and unknown sums of money at it. I just wasted $50 and all of my free gold I was saving for gold buildings trying to get the 30% cheaper upgrades modifier. I slept 50 min at a time for two days, figuring that once I got it I could sleep for a month straight and still be ahead in the game. On that note, just Don't spend your money on gold... especially for something this buggy and laggy. Go buy a new PS3 game or something and spend $20 less.

I would have had more fun burning the money, dollar by dollar, while howling obscenities toward GREE at the moon.
Save your cash... most likely you will get nothing in return for your hard earned, real life money...

Translation. Gree games are expensive unless you can afford to piss away thousands of dollars on an app just go free otherwise you will end up fustrated if you gamble or spending money that you could better use else where to realise those crate items haven't really made a bit of diffrence since the 3-4k stat increase you will get won't make a diffrence

panty sniffer
04-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Gold is best spent on boss events. You are guaranteed a prize worth the gold you've spent provided you only had to use the 15g instead of possibly wasting it on "less stats per gold" items or for gambling style case events . I interpret a worthwhile prize based on gold spent per attack and defence on the item. In boss events you get at least 1 atk and def per gold on all items you could possibly obtain.

If you want to gamble, you're odds are better at a roulette table in Las Vegas. Then spend Vegas winnings on vaults in more epic boss events.

Crates are the second best deal. It's the only gamble where even if you get the common prize it's still good bang for your real life bucks.

IOW, I agree with what most ppl have posted here.

- disgruntled 500 gold spending CC player on the last case event. No %30 off for me.

Glycogen
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Boss events and crates. Pretty much any result from crates are worth your gold

bald zeemer
04-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Unless you are planning on a big, big gold binge (and it certainly doesn't sound as if you are) then you should definitely spend most of it on crates.

Re: boss events - check what stats you need to do it without gold, see if crates will get you there (or close). If not, then balance in order to afford another boss with gold/crate-stat increase.

LE/gold items are basically for when you have a particularly weak area (normally explosives) or for when crate items aren't powerful enough (ie, you spend a lot of gold, often).

Scratchers are only if you don't really care about throwing away gold on a lark. They clearly aren't good value for stat-increasing.

Alternatively, you could buy a heap of BGAs, upgrade them all to level 10, man them all with henchmen and write a strategy guide and send it to everyone in your clan.

panty sniffer
04-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Epic boss VS. crates.

Just to clairify.

The rewards are very similar for both and divided into common, uncommon, and rare equipment with approximately an equal chance in either boss event or getting a crate..

The pros of using gold in boss event is huge because you only need to use 15 gold to beat the boss, 30 gold if you need two health assists is still a good deal, comparatively speaking. The pros of a crate is it's available at any time though it costs 60 gold.

The cons of the boss is you have to plan properly when to use the gold in order not to be wasteful. there is a strategy guide somewhere on this forum on how to do it most efficiently. You also only get a few opportunities per boss to only have to use 15 gold per kill. The cons of using crates is obvious enough in that it costs four times as much gold for simliiar chances at similar items.

Personally , I much prefer bosses over crates due to the 4 to 1 ratio in gold spent. I have enough patients to wait for the opportunity. If you have the patience to wait for a 40% off sale to buy gold then surely you can wait for the 75% off by utilizing your gold for bosses VS crates. Right?

NTM
04-08-2013, 02:03 AM
20$ ? dam..

for me that 44.99 €uros + chrge for itunes.. not fair again...

Fatherllama
04-08-2013, 02:25 AM
I believe the health resets for the bosses are only 10g.

bald zeemer
04-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Epic boss VS. crates.

Just to clairify.

The rewards are very similar for both and divided into common, uncommon, and rare equipment with approximately an equal chance in either boss event or getting a crate..

The pros of using gold in boss event is huge because you only need to use 15 gold to beat the boss, 30 gold if you need two health assists is still a good deal, comparatively speaking. The pros of a crate is it's available at any time though it costs 60 gold.

The cons of the boss is you have to plan properly when to use the gold in order not to be wasteful. there is a strategy guide somewhere on this forum on how to do it most efficiently. You also only get a few opportunities per boss to only have to use 15 gold per kill. The cons of using crates is obvious enough in that it costs four times as much gold for simliiar chances at similar items.

Personally , I much prefer bosses over crates due to the 4 to 1 ratio in gold spent. I have enough patients to wait for the opportunity. If you have the patience to wait for a 40% off sale to buy gold then surely you can wait for the 75% off by utilizing your gold for bosses VS crates. Right?
That is only true if you happen to require 1 health reset to defeat the boss at level 50. For the overwhelming majority of people this is not the case, and indeed it wouldn't be the case for any 1 person for very long, as they'd either increase their stats to the point where the boss was free, or reach the next tier.
Furthermore, it is only true for that select subset of people for a limited number of weapons. Even if you can take boss 50 for free, you will need to buy more health packs to reset if you want to stock up.

Also, crate commons are more or less equivalent to boss uncommons, crate uncommons to boss rares, and crates rares do not have an equivalent, especially top-rare.