PDA

View Full Version : More tactics please

ghh
04-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I would like to see more tactic here. Give us all more chance of beating someone bigger because we play smarter!

Rather than an automatic selection of your units in which you bring to battle you would be able to manually select.

For your attack you are able to select a percentage of each category. Example: 20% Inventory, 40% Ground, 15% Air and 25% Sea.
And for you defence you are able to choose a different % thus making it harder to work out how to win and a wider range of players you could compete with.
You would be able to edit the percentages use at all times but would have to use a percentage of all the categories.

Please push this idea if you like it GREE may just implement it.

Golf4life
04-06-2013, 10:26 AM
no, this sounds horrible

ghh
04-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Why?.........

Golf4life
04-06-2013, 10:30 AM
i meant your grammar...

the idea itself isn't all too bad, except for the fact that the good players don't have their units spread out. usually all are in one category and the bonuses to go with it.

Anjunbeats
04-06-2013, 10:33 AM
This would add a complexity to the game that possibly 3% of the players would enjoy. I don't like that at all.

Agent Orange
04-06-2013, 10:35 AM
The game isn't about strategy, it's about spending and this will never change. Your only strategy as a free or low gold player is survival.

ghh
04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
i meant your grammer...

the idea itself isn't all too bad, except for the fact that the good players don't have their units spread out. usually all are in one category and the bonuses to go with it.

True but have you thought that you may need to have so many of each category in your automatic selection?

If you have mostly air units and some ground unit would you only bring air units to battle if they were your strongest.

I am only trying to think of ways to enhance this game, rather than I have bigger stats than you so I win. The end.

Thief
04-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I have brought the idea of a toggle troops on/off button before. In fact it was about a year ago.

The truth is though why would Gree invest in the programing. Buy all gold Units and you have nothing to worry about.

Dcarrington
04-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Who gives a crap about his grammar this is not English class! People in these forums act like there somebody, either answer the question or not. Just don't insult someone!

i meant your grammar...

Hivesy
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
You mean they're not there

Proves your point though

Philly982
04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
I am only trying to think of ways to enhance this game, rather than I have bigger stats than you so I win. The end.

That is the strategy of the game. To have bigger stats than the rival you are attacking.

ghh
04-07-2013, 01:57 AM
That is the strategy of the game. To have bigger stats than the rival you are attacking.

Yes but isn't that a bit simple, clean cut and even dull. Just imagine you we're able to focus your unit power from certain areas it might allow you to beat someone bigger. I feel it would add a bit more to the game than just 100k is more than 80k I'm going to win this lets go.
War is never like that, its how you deploy your units.

Wai
04-07-2013, 05:11 AM
......Just imagine you we're able to focus your unit power from certain areas it might allow you to beat someone bigger.....

How? If they are bigger then they are bigger.

Are you saying the current selection process is flawed due to boosts?

ghh
04-07-2013, 05:23 AM
How? If they are bigger then they are bigger.

Are you saying the current selection process is flawed due to boosts?

No, but if you look at your attack figures when you attack, they change each time so how can you be using your strongest units each time. If this was the case then it wouldn't change unless you lost a unit.
All I'm saying it would give more control of which direction we could travel in this game and open up some strategies.

Hassleham
04-07-2013, 05:31 AM
But the game calculates what units you take to make you as strong as possible, so how would editing what you take do anything but make you weaker? No point!

BigD@wg
04-07-2013, 05:39 AM
No, but if you look at your attack figures when you attack, they change each time so how can you be using your strongest units each time. If this was the case then it wouldn't change unless you lost a unit.
All I'm saying it would give more control of which direction we could travel in this game and open up some strategies.

Every time you attack, you bring your strongest units to battle. The fluctuation in your attack score and the defenders defense score is due to a random multiplier within the algorithm. The random multiplier appears to be somewhere in the vicinity of +/- 1-25%. And yes they have a (-) multiplier in effect. The random multiplier is also applied individually for both the attacker and the defender.

Furthermore, the skill points play a role in the equation too. They do not show up in profile A/D stats during an attack. According to Gree support, the reason you can attack with say a 100k and lose to a defense of 75k is due to that player having more defensive skill points.

Hope that helps but mainly just wanted to comment on the strongest unit part. Your strongest units are always brought to battle so there is no need to "choose" them.

ghh
04-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Every time you attack, you bring your strongest units to battle. The fluctuation in your attack score and the defenders defense score is due to a random multiplier within the algorithm. The random multiplier appears to be somewhere in the vicinity of +/- 1-25%. And yes they have a (-) multiplier in effect. The random multiplier is also applied individually for both the attacker and the defender.

Furthermore, the skill points play a role in the equation too. They do not show up in profile A/D stats during an attack. According to Gree support, the reason you can attack with say a 100k and lose to a defense of 75k is due to that player having more defensive skill points.

Hope that helps but mainly just wanted to comment on the strongest unit part. Your strongest units are always brought to battle so there is no need to "choose" them.

Thank you for taking the time to clear that up.

sparckle
04-07-2013, 08:55 AM
What is the purpose of this when the game engine automatically chooses your strongest units to make up your army?