PDA

View Full Version : If you used the "free" gold...

jobadass
04-06-2013, 06:37 AM
If you used that free gold and expect to legitimately purchase gold in the future, be prepared.

Lets pretend you thought it was a good idea to boosts your stats, and you'll just buy more gold on sale when Market Plaza Crash hits. Maybe you had even saved some for the event and now that's gone.

You can expect to not be able to purchase any gold until you pay for the amount you used.

If you owe Gree for the full 65,000 gold, you will need to purchase 43.333 vaults before you receive anything. At 20% off, that's $3,467.00 USD. You might want to sign up for the bonus program before doing that😃

They know who got the gold and who didn't. If I was in this position, I would contact support, explain my situation and beg them to reset my account to the point of time just prior to the screw-up. Maybe they will help...after all the initial mistake was there's.

Either way, enjoy your stat boosts, see you @Market Plaza

Babytway
04-06-2013, 06:57 AM
they will not put you negative gold for something they screwed up on

Dipstik
04-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, that wouldn't make sense. Would gree make a bad decision like that?

Daniel2115
04-06-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't think they'd ever stop people from buying gold

Grimmy11
04-06-2013, 07:03 AM
they will not put you negative gold for something the screw up on

Indeed, this is just a scare tactic by the poster.

The Billionaire
04-06-2013, 07:07 AM
I didn't get any free gold but i would like an explanation from Gree as to how this happened.

It takes them weeks to apply my bonuses (Which i'm still waiting for btw) yet they manage to credit players with an amount of gold larger than most of my bonuses.

Epic fail Gree

and the fact you've created one of the best games i've ever played yet you constantly make blunders really makes me laugh.

I really wish they'd give me a job as Communications Manager, i'd turn their reputation around in no time.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
04-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Nonsense... Most people won't ever even attempt to "pay that back" as you suggest they will need to. Do you think gree would implement a policy that would DECREASE the likelihood of future purchases? A solution will NOT come in the form of paying back the gold.

TenderPlacebo
04-06-2013, 07:11 AM
they will not put you negative gold for something the screw up on

Baby is right, that would just cause even more drama and lost revenue. It's their screw up, they need to solve the problem without upsetting people even more.
I also know someone that spent the gold and they bought gold to test that theory and they received and still have the gold, no negative balance.

They should really push the war and all events back until this is solved, I'm sure more people then not spent the gold and are at 0 right now. I understand it's the fault of the person who spent it, but the majority of the blame goes to greed for this colossal F up due to the constant incompetence they display whenever they add a new feature.

If the past represents what they will do in the future, or in this case present, they will not punish the player for their mistakes. Then again who knows, this kind of mess up has never happened, one thing is for sure someone or several people are looking for a new job after this.

sister morphine
04-06-2013, 07:20 AM
The obvious thing they could do would be what happened when the OG Town Car with stats of circa 39/52 dropped at Canal Street one night. Those got nerfed down to 1/1 very quickly.

This would be rather more complicated as they would need to go through all players in this position and nerf just those items bought with this bad gold. They definitely need to do so though, as 65,000 gold can be a massive stat boost to the people who received and spent it. The remainder should not suffer a disadvantage. The only other way to remedy it would be to credit all other players in the bonus scheme who did not get this windfall with items to give them the average boost the beneficiaries gained.

mxz
04-06-2013, 07:22 AM
What I don't understand is why this wasn't properly tested prior to hitting GO.

Big thanks to Kristin for working her butt off to make sure the proper bonuses are getting applied. There's got to be tons of people she needs to manually fix. I hope the developers buy her a really nice dinner for her troubles.

Dr Girlfriend
04-06-2013, 07:25 AM
I think everyone who plays the game honestly should be awarded 65k gold to offset the hackers attacking and robbing them.

MattThomas08
04-06-2013, 07:28 AM
I think everyone who plays the game honestly should be awarded 65k gold to offset the hackers attacking and robbing them.

I doubt the people who have spent heavily on gold to get the advantage they have would appreciate the inflation devaluing what they've already purchased. Some of them are already unhappy with the inflation rates making being an early adopter somewhat disadvantageous.

sister morphine
04-06-2013, 07:39 AM
I doubt the people who have spent heavily on gold to get the advantage they have would appreciate the inflation devaluing what they've already purchased. Some of them are already unhappy with the inflation rates making being an early adopter somewhat disadvantageous.
Maybe Matt, but how many of them might have been complaining that common rewards from bosses and crates were adding little or nothing to their stats? Inflation becomes inevitable when even a small number buy their way to that advantage

MattThomas08
04-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Maybe Matt, but how many of them might have been complaining that common rewards from bosses and crates were adding little or nothing to their stats? Inflation becomes inevitable when even a small number buy their way to that advantage

Yeah true. Inflation is inevitable to sustain growth of the game. Just not hyperinflation like 65k gold.

Dr Girlfriend
04-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I guess your snark meter is broken.

MattThomas08
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I guess your snark meter is broken.

You're supposed to use the irony font, everybody knows that.

jobadass
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Obviously the OP does not understand the concept of a "sunk cost". If GREE decides not to take away any gains from the mistake gold and were to implement the business strategy he implies, any gold spender would realize after only 1 purchase that they were not credited with the gold and not buy anymore. If they just let the players keep it, at least they can recoup more money over time than if they just cut the player off from the gold tit and not credit any gold until this so-called debt is paid off. These players would be happy that they got this mistake gold and just go about their merry way and spend on gold at their usual past levels and GREE still has that happy paying customer.shhhhh......

1337bobbarker
04-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Oh, the wonders of the internet and technology:

Everything is stored on some kind of SQL/Oracle back end with a log of quite literally everything for everyone playing the game (it's mandated for any type of program w/credit card transactions by every government in the world).

Gree has a fairly easy trail of what gold went where and what purchases were made with each. The items won't get nerfed (I'm sure some people bought them legitimately) and other players won't get compensated; they'll simply remove the excess gold from each person who received it (if they have any left) and the items they purchased with it.

There won't be any kind of "owe" system: that's silly.

Sure, it won't be fun for the people getting robbed/attacked in the meantime by said players, but it's just a matter of time before it's resolved.

As Samuel L. Jackson once said, "Hold onto your butts!"

(And I'd make sure to have a plan to loot your buildings on time)

Peppers
04-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I haven't seen a lot of people admit to being a recipient of the magic gold.

I got it. But, I didn't receive 65k extra. It was only 50k extra. I was waiting and waiting for a long overdue gold bonus, and finally received my bonus PLUS 50k extra gold!

I stared at that gold, and wanted to spend it SO BADLY. Ohhh, just think of the new stats I would have! Instead of an inventory based on boss events, I could be a beast at level 70! I'd be unstoppable! I could lay waste to the lower levels! In place of the Dark Lord, you would have a Queen, not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Dawn. Treacherous as the Sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth... all shall love me and despair!

But, alas, I didn't spend it, and in the morning it was gone. I am still just a mere mortal. Damnit. I passed the test. I will diminish and go into the west...

jobadass
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM

I got it. But, I didn't receive 65k extra. It was only 50k extra. I was waiting and waiting for a long overdue gold bonus, and finally received my bonus PLUS 50k extra gold!

I stared at that gold, and wanted to spend it SO BADLY. Ohhh, just think of the new stats I would have! Instead of an inventory based on boss events, I could be a beast at level 70! I'd be unstoppable! I could lay waste to the lower levels! In place of the Dark Lord, you would have a Queen, not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Dawn. Treacherous as the Sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth... all shall love me and despair!

But, alas, I didn't spend it, and in the morning it was gone. I am still just a mere mortal. Damnit. I passed the test. I will diminish and go into the west...good girl!
What tier did you reach in bonus program? I got the full 65k and did same as you did (though, I've had my bonus for over a week)

BOS
04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
What I don't understand is why this wasn't properly tested prior to hitting GO.

Big thanks to Kristin for working her butt off to make sure the proper bonuses are getting applied. There's got to be tons of people she needs to manually fix. I hope the developers buy her a really nice dinner for her troubles.

Still waiting for my March bonus... gree closed the ticket last night....

Brooklyn Boy
04-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Still waiting for my March bonus... gree closed the ticket last night....

Still waiting for my March also BOS. Which sort of makes me laugh That I received the same amount of gold with the glitch that was due me only to have it taken away the next morning! Crazy.

zwiswoo
04-06-2013, 10:10 AM
What exactly happened? How many people got this 65k gold? Was it people at random, or heavy spenders, winners of syndicate war, of the collect 10, etc. In my level55 account I haven't seen anyone with 65k gold worth of extra stats, and that much gold would be absolutely killing.

TenderPlacebo
04-06-2013, 12:38 PM
It would appear that if you qualified for the 10 vault bonus you received the 15k, plus 50k, not sure what clown messed up that bad when they made the auto feature. Others who bought 5 vaults got another 2500 gold, on top of the bonus they already had, so they got rewarded twice; I think one was manually and the 2nd was due to the auto feature applying it again.

I waited 20 days to get my march bonus, only for it to be taken away the next day, what a great feeling that is. They really need to start beta testing features instead of relying on the customer to do their work for free, well in this case it's gonna cost them much more then just a few tickets and a some upset players.

So yeah, a huge screw up to say the least

The_Don
04-06-2013, 01:57 PM
We actually had hopes of cracking the top 50 in the next war. No amount of planning, strategy or self improvement will make that possible now.

Killshot-CC
04-06-2013, 02:19 PM
The first time I buy 20 vaults and it causes me to miss out on phantom gold. I'm optimistic that they'll be able to clean up the mess without damage to players or the general game economy. It's fortunate that these events aren't a boss event, because that would really be blown with hyper-inflated stats.

Peppers
04-06-2013, 02:23 PM
We actually had hopes of cracking the top 50 in the next war. No amount of planning, strategy or self improvement will make that possible now.

That's not true Don. Only a small number of people appear to have received the gold... and its linked to the gold bonus program somehow. Even in the top finishing syndicates, only a handful of people received the extra gold. I personally only had mine for about 12 hours, and Gree too it back. Others who didn't spend it, also had it removed. The people who spent it have crazy high stats right now, but frankly, those stats were crazy high to begin with, and you'd have avoided them in a battle anyway.

It might also help you in a weird way... a lot of people who spent their extra gold got their gold balances zeroed out. If Gree doesn't get this sorted-out by Friday, there may be a bunch of gold players going into the war with no gold.

Amor
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM

And yet they arent smart enough to realize that there is already massive inflation introduced to them game through the events, scratchers, etc. All of the items in every event are getting better and better and better, eventually replacing old items that people spent gold on.

MattThomas08
04-06-2013, 02:46 PM

But, alas, I didn't spend it, and in the morning it was gone. I am still just a mere mortal. Damnit. I passed the test. I will diminish and go into the west...

But the hearts of men are easily corrupted and the gold has a will of its own.

I think Peppers has been watching LOTR on TNT.

jobadass
04-06-2013, 02:58 PM
But the hearts of men are easily corrupted and the gold has a will of its own.

I think Peppers has been watching LOTR on TNT.i love lord of the rings! What the hell took you so long to mention it was on TNT?

The_Don
04-06-2013, 03:05 PM
That's not true Don. Only a small number of people appear to have received the gold... and its linked to the gold bonus program somehow. Even in the top finishing syndicates, only a handful of people received the extra gold. I personally only had mine for about 12 hours, and Gree too it back. Others who didn't spend it, also had it removed. The people who spent it have crazy high stats right now, but frankly, those stats were crazy high to begin with, and you'd have avoided them in a battle anyway.

It might also help you in a weird way... a lot of people who spent their extra gold got their gold balances zeroed out. If Gree doesn't get this sorted-out by Friday, there may be a bunch of gold players going into the war with no gold.

I hope you're right and I've just become too pessimistic of late!

AliKat
04-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Could someone please be kind enough to send me a msg so that it doesn't impact on this discussion as to what the gold bonus club is.... How do you join it etc??.

Dipstik
04-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Buy like 30 vaults of gold in a month and send an email.

honest Abe
04-06-2013, 05:25 PM
If gree doesn't rectify the free, I call iTunes and mine becomes free as well. This is total bs.

honest Abe
04-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Anyone know the status of this?

The_Don
04-07-2013, 06:35 AM
If gree doesn't rectify the free, I call iTunes and mine becomes free as well. This is total bs.

That is actually a good idea!