PDA

View Full Version : is upgrading flower shops and Russian restaurants a good idea? they never get robbed

Leopold Stotch
04-04-2013, 11:52 AM
I have noticed that my russian restaurants and flower shops never get robbed, but they have decent income that you can frequently collect. My other big buildings always get robbed if i dont collect on time, im wondering is it smart strategy to try and upgrade these buildings as much as i can since they never get robbed?

Dipstik
04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Maybe they never get robbed because you haven't updated them? Hmmm...

Leopold Stotch
04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
i have trees blocking what level they are. ive got a level 6 and level 7 flower shop and level 3 and level 5 russian restaurant

Dipstik
04-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Then why are you asking? You've already upgraded them.

ThugLife
04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm guessing that you want to upgrade them further?

Seeing how you've leveled them up a bit, it might be better to keep those buildings, but to stop upgrading them. The upgrade cost and time it takes to upgrade, isn't worth it. There are other buildings, money and defense, that are better to upgrade (even if they get robbed)

OneHoop
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I mostly just rob for respect points and flower shops give a bad ratio of experience to respect. Russian restaurants are much better. I like both of them, though the ROI is not so hot, I have them all at L4 on my LV106 account.

I would have the Russians much higher, but at my income it is a net negative with such a short build time, so they do not qualify as saving-upgrades but save-for-upgrades. They're not so hot versus nightclubs, but roughly the same level as upscale clubs and french restaurants for the net/upgrade-time. Flower shops are lower down, but still strong tier 2.

I would continue to interweave them into your upgrade plan.

M@

Babytway
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
it all depends on personal preference, the income gurus and dipstick will tell you no, but all depends on what you like to do, i lvled a wedding chapel to lvl 10 and it gets robbed all the time but i still like it.

Dipstik
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Babytway just wants a man.

ThugLife
04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
it all depends on personal preference, the income gurus and dipstick will tell you no, but all depends on what you like to do, i lvled a wedding chapel to lvl 10 and it gets robbed all the time but i still like it.

That's also true. Part of what makes CC challenging is that theres all sorts of ways you can play the game. If your finding it better to gain income from those buildings, then go for it; but from an economists point of view, it'd be better not to.

mxz
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I'd leave them alone. There are much better buildings you could upgrade. Even if they're robbed they'll still make you more money.

Coldjoey
04-04-2013, 03:31 PM
When saving for your NC or loft upgrades its good to have some cheaper buildings upgradeing. But if you look at the rate of return on the Russia restaurant based on the fact that you will collect 3 times a day it could take you a year to make new money. Your better off upgradeing 12/24/48 hour buildings. IMO

1337bobbarker
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
When saving for your NC or loft upgrades its good to have some cheaper buildings upgradeing. But if you look at the rate of return on the Russia restaurant based on the fact that you will collect 3 times a day it could take you a year to make new money. Your better off upgradeing 12/24/48 hour buildings. IMO

Yep. I sold all of my <8hr buildings because I was tired of them getting robbed and I couldn't check them as frequently as I'd like. I focus mainly on 12 and 24 hour buildings and set alarms to check them. Once I save up for a NC... that's not going to be fun.

8 hour buildings are okay because they're not much income right now and generally get passed over, but I swear my WW gets robbed every freakin' time.

OneHoop
04-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah, don't listen to 'em...

0) There's a lot of "free money" in Crime City, it is not necessary for everything to pay for itself.
1) If you only collect 6 hour buildings 3 times a day, then you'll miss a lot of Nightclub income. I've got it figured at 25 times a week, which may be on the high side, but at that rate the first level is paid for in 50 days (with +10% Goodfella/Tycoon bonus)--well short of a year.
2) If you upgrade a building before it is paid off, then it decreases the ROI. Chain-build ROI is always cheaper. If you had enough money to chain build it to L2 then it's only 67 days, just 2-1/2 weeks longer. Thinking too much about ROI can limit your growth.
3) Income diversification is important, so long as it remains a significant portion of your overall income, particularly given the situation you sited where opponents are limited by their stamina for robs.
4) How can you put a price on the good feeling from a short-upgrade building after getting used to ~120-hour build cycles! ;)

Good luck,
M@

PS Wholesale Warehouses are easy targets, because of irregular collection cycles. I especially like the low-level ones which are only worth 1 exp.

String-Girl
04-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I've got a level 10 Comedy Club that hasn't been robbed EVER.

I mean, who goes to those places, much less with the intention of robbing one?

florashka
05-31-2013, 08:42 AM
happy coz I'm part of it but sleepy for the reason that I'm longing for flower shop online and i found out online flower shop in Toronto (http://www.terrainflowers.com). Thank you so much!

mxz
05-31-2013, 08:44 AM
happy coz I'm part of it but sleepy for the reason that I'm longing for flower shop online and i found out online flower shop in Toronto. Thank you so much!We're happy you found it! Have a super duper day!